Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2015 11:49 PM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was pretty interesting having a long arc in Youkai Watch.

Loved the reference to Doraemon at the beginning.
Nov 17, 2015 3:43 AM

Jan 2011
Felt weird to see Youkai Watch with an actual story.

This part though.
Jan 3, 2016 7:08 PM

Oct 2011
OMG I LOVE IT !!!!!!

Keizou was the one who created the Youkai Watch.

Fuyunyan and Buchinyan vs Ubaune was EPIC !!!!!

Keizou became a youkai and stayed by his wife ( who can see youkai too)

Dancing along with the ending song. GERO GERO PO <333
Mar 19, 2017 10:28 AM

May 2010
If my eyes weren't deceiving me,
it's a full scale war, right?
That's cool man!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2018 9:31 PM
Nov 2017
I thought it was ok for the most part, I guess my interest has waned for this show, but it was a good watch.
Nov 23, 2019 3:46 PM

Sep 2011
This was so good! I mean, I expected it to be, but I didn't expect to be moved like this. It hurt a bit when it started, and Keita had forgotten about Whisper, Jibanyan, and all of his other youkai friends though. Thankfully it didn't last much, and he soon remembered thanks to Dekanyan. I never thought Keita's grandfather, Keizou, was the original creator of the Youkai Watch either. It also hurt a bit that he died before Keita could meet him, but thanks to this time travel they could meet, and spend some unforgettable days together. Keizou was a bit stubborn at first about creating the Youkai Watch, but he had his reasons. That incident was hard to watch, but the moment he took a step forward, even though his knees were shaking, to protect Fuyunyan was great. Just like the moment when he finally asked his youkai friends for help thanks to Keita, and the Youkai Watch came back into existence.

Keita really became a nice Shounen Beat to Keizou's Gattsu Kamen. They made one hell of a duo too, and I loved it. Fuyunyan was also cool, just like his Darknyan form, and Jibanyan's fusion with Whisper, Buchinyan, was also cool! Poor Whisper though, he was beaten a lot here. xD And Master Nyaada was a nice reference too. lol Koma-san's screen time was short, but great as usual, and even Kumamon made a cameo. lol I also loved the OP here, it hasn't even been that long since I started watching Youkai Watch, but seeing this Geragerapou no Uta's version felt nostalgic somehow. And I loved the ED credits, both the first one, in which they mixed pretty much every single OP/ED theme song we had so far, and the final one, with all of those heartwarming scenes and that new song. The animation was great too. I don't know what else to mention right now, just that there was a lot to love here. It was also bittersweet to see that Keizou did become a youkai, and is still watching over his wife, who also knows about the youkai!

More topics from this board

» Trailer

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

1 by Toxic_Mongoose »»
Dec 6, 2015 12:45 PM

» Box Office

ichii_1 - Nov 28, 2014

3 by orz_anime_seiei »»
Aug 24, 2015 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.