Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2015 7:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute. I mean Nicholas as a kid.

We also get more psychological parts of the show involving Alex again.
And what is the real meaning of kill? I think the episode/show makes it quite clear without the literal term alone.

Stark700Aug 9, 2015 7:45 AM
Aug 9, 2015 7:57 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Ooohh, so Alex was just hallucinating as a side effect of those pills. Barry was never out to get her after all. But that kiss though~ Wasn't expecting that.
Aug 9, 2015 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
If only stopping someone from from smoking would be this easy in real life as well.

Aug 9, 2015 8:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The intensity continues.

More info about Worrick and Nicholas's (Such a cute kid lol) past together and I think that maybe, just maybe, that tagged deaf girl that Nicholas dreamed about might be this Veronica person....

She looked a lot like him though so I wasn't sure if that was his so called slut mom or if Veronica is like his sister or something. Then there's that whole scene where we saw a little dark.haired girl and a blonde person in the rain laughing after killing some guy...I need more info lol

The Alex thing got addressed as well and damn, I can't believe that she went out and sold her body again....Dat kiss with Worrick too =o I really hope she will be okay from now on

War is coming and I'm fearing for everyone's life now tbh, including that mob guy and his family
TokoyaAug 9, 2015 8:12 AM
Aug 9, 2015 8:14 AM

Aug 2010
Amazing ep. Really loved the atmosphere and the music esp during the flashback parts.

Man Nic and Worrick's dads are such assholes. The way both of them say they fell down when the other knows they're actually getting beating up was cute.

The scene with Alex and Worrick was really nice. Loved the art especially in the part. Touching Alex's ass makes everything better :D

Nina is <3 as usual too. Holding Nics's hand like that. I wonder if there's anything special about hearing Worrick's voice?
Aug 9, 2015 8:17 AM

Jun 2008
I love finding out more about their past even when it is intensely sad. Young Nicolas is precious and I just want to jump through my computer screen and save him.

I don't know how, but this show gets better every single week even in the "calmer" episodes after intense battles.

Worick is such a good guy and exactly what Alex needs right now. I originally thought she would end up with Worick, but then I felt like Nicolas would end up with her for character development and showing "Twilights can become human", but now I am back on the Worick train. I just hope this series doesn't end with a death to solve this debate... I might never leave the fetal position and my room again.

5/5 like always.
Aug 9, 2015 8:20 AM
Jul 2014
That was a pretty well-built up fake-out with Alex, I thought for sure the Doc wasn't above board with all the little things being hinted at through the past couple of episodes.

The flashbacks are a bit heavy-handed but at the same time are being played out like these two guys are constantly slipping back into it, as if they can't let their pasts go, which I think works rather well.

There's a lot of subtlety to this anime that continues to impress me every episode. Interested to see where the Monroe plot goes, since he's apparently evil.
Aug 9, 2015 8:21 AM

Aug 2014
What a bunch of fathers.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 9, 2015 8:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Depressing episode. Alex hallucinating like that and now we know for certain that both Worick and Nicolas got beaten up.

Nina <3
Aug 9, 2015 8:50 AM

Dec 2011
GSupernova said:
That was a pretty well-built up fake-out with Alex, I thought for sure the Doc wasn't above board with all the little things being hinted at through the past couple of episodes.

The flashbacks are a bit heavy-handed but at the same time are being played out like these two guys are constantly slipping back into it, as if they can't let their pasts go, which I think works rather well.

There's a lot of subtlety to this anime that continues to impress me every episode. Interested to see where the Monroe plot goes, since he's apparently evil.

I think you're mistaking Ivan for Monroe they look very similar.
Aug 9, 2015 8:52 AM
Feb 2015
Glad that Alex wasn't really kidnapped but she was hallucinating the whole time from the pills. We got another great glimpse of nico's and woricks past.

I think we saw how nico's mom died. She was also using sign language so I guess we can assume that.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Aug 9, 2015 9:04 AM

Feb 2014
I want more of their past! Those were the most interesting parts in this episode.
Aug 9, 2015 9:08 AM

Apr 2013
amazing.

glad things got cleared up with alex for a second i thought her whereabouts would be left unanswered this week

Voltning said:
Glad that Alex wasn't really kidnapped but she was hallucinating the whole time from the pills. We got another great glimpse of nico's and woricks past.

I think we saw how nico's mom died. She was also using sign language so I guess we can assume that.

i think that was veronica

not to mention by the time nic started learning sign language with worick his mother had already died long ago
xSanoxAug 9, 2015 10:49 AM
Aug 9, 2015 9:11 AM

Jan 2015
Reminds me of Triage X, The "Medicine" that Alex consumed.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 9, 2015 9:14 AM

Mar 2015
Fuck, this shit is good.
Aug 9, 2015 9:18 AM

Jun 2014
that was phenomenal, they did a great job adapting things!
:3
Aug 9, 2015 9:21 AM

Apr 2014
Alex and her delusions

We learn more about Nicholas and Worick's past together and how they were both beaten as children

Great episode as usual, Gangsta is one of the best summer animes this season

Aug 9, 2015 9:29 AM

Jan 2014
Aww man the anger was real in this episode (╬ಠ益ಠ)... Seeing all that child abuse, made by blood boil. Also it seems that it fortunately was Doc that came by the office. Alex really needs to stop taking those pills.

It's unbelievable that Nicolas keeps letting those mercenaries do experiments on him on whatever that injection is.
Aug 9, 2015 9:36 AM
Jun 2015
Great episode. That scene with Worrick and Ally was intense.
okqoiwfklweAug 10, 2015 6:53 AM
Aug 9, 2015 9:45 AM

Feb 2015

It's always the ''I fell down'' excuse.
I'm just waiting for Nicolas to snap and start killing everyone, something he's capable of doing based on what we've seen this ep.

Finally a drug-induced kiss. Surprised me a bit when Alex was about to start sucking him off.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2015 9:56 AM

Jun 2014
I am really glad that Worrick snapped Alex out of it - although I'm like 98% sure he only snapped her out of the episode and not the entire thing going on with the drugs, because that'd be super unrealistic - but I did have a moment when I was yelling at my laptop for him to stop her and not let her go through with it. Probably one of the only times I'll ever be glad a man headbutted a woman, to be honest. So I was right about drugs, wrong about PTSD (possibly wrong?). 1/2 not bad.

Also, I really wanna see more of Nic and Worrick's past. It's really sad that they both understand what 'I fell down' really means. These two just have the worst childhoods, don't they? Let me hug them both!!!

The way they did those flashbacks was really well done, too; it felt like Worrick was unable to hold back the memories and got dragged back into the past, taking the audience along with him.

I think one of the things that's killing me is that I have the manga on my bookshelf not five feet away but I'm holding myself back because I have other books ahead of the queue. I could just reach out and read them all but I CAN'T. *cries*
Aug 9, 2015 9:58 AM
Mar 2014
Damn, what an episode. Really good.
Kinda sad though, some of the background. The rain fitted the mood of the episode perfectly...
Edit: Also, a new ED?
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Aug 9, 2015 9:59 AM

Jun 2013
even the dead characters in anime, even if they don't revive they find a way to get screen time some other way :)
Aug 9, 2015 10:18 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, I really enjoyed this one. I mean, of course I was excited to watch it in the first place. But the direction was unexpected and better than expected. The flashbacks were informative and nice to see, if tragic. The sense of camaraderie Worick and Nic seem to form is sweet, but it is sad that they are both beaten by their fathers (maybe others for Nic). I already knew from the last episode, but I'm glad they showed more of the development of their relationship. And I like how Worick knows Nic so well. (Also, I think Nic looks better with his hair down.) The whole hidden meaning of "I fell down the stairs" was bittersweet.

I'm also glad that Alex is safe and will now have help for mental recovery. I wasn't sure what exactly happened to her after last episode and assumed that it had to do with the doctor. And I was worried that she was facing these hallucinations alone without Worick or Nic being aware of her situation. It was nice to see Worick's concern for her. I support Worick and Alex together. Well, I'm cool with either, so this is fine.

I look forward to some action and more development next week.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 9, 2015 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
DesuTronic said:
If only stopping someone from from smoking would be this easy in real life as well.

It's only a temporary fix.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 9, 2015 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
the world of nicolas is sad
eveytime i see him running on the roofs
or with his "father".......T_T
what a life uh
i would like to see a kiss nico chan alex-chan instead this one but ...

Aug 9, 2015 10:24 AM

Apr 2015
Loved this episode even though I'm finding the whole thing with the 4 families confusing, I don't know who's who or anyone's motives :/
Aug 9, 2015 10:31 AM

Sep 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Amazing ep. Really loved the atmosphere and the music esp during the flashback parts.

Man Nic and Worrick's dads are such assholes. The way both of them say they fell down when the other knows they're actually getting beating up was cute.

The scene with Alex and Worrick was really nice. Loved the art especially in the part.

Agreed.

GSupernova said:

Also agreed. The flashbacks go in and out practically seamlessly at times. I love how it's animated. But that wasn't Monroe near the end. They look kind of similar, but I don't think it was him.

llcruz said:
I want more of their past! Those were the most interesting parts in this episode.

I liked the entire episode period, but I'd also like to know more about their pasts. I just love the transitions between past and present (though it's a bit confusing).

CandyFace said:
It's unbelievable that Nicolas keeps letting those mercenaries do experiments on him on whatever that injection is.

I think those are uppers injections. As long as they weren't forcing him to overdose, he needs the drug (both uppers and downers) to survive longer. As they said, most Twilights don't make it past 30.

beaunaratau said:
I am really glad that Worrick snapped Alex out of it - although I'm like 98% sure he only snapped her out of the episode and not the entire thing going on with the drugs, because that'd be super unrealistic - but I did have a moment when I was yelling at my laptop for him to stop her and not let her go through with it. Probably one of the only times I'll ever be glad a man headbutted a woman, to be honest. So I was right about drugs, wrong about PTSD (possibly wrong?). 1/2 not bad.

Also, I really wanna see more of Nic and Worrick's past. It's really sad that they both understand what 'I fell down' really means. These two just have the worst childhoods, don't they? Let me hug them both!!!

The way they did those flashbacks was really well done, too; it felt like Worrick was unable to hold back the memories and got dragged back into the past, taking the audience along with him.

I think one of the things that's killing me is that I have the manga on my bookshelf not five feet away but I'm holding myself back because I have other books ahead of the queue. I could just reach out and read them all but I CAN'T. *cries*

Long comment, but I so agree. I think she also has PTSD to some extent. I think it's a mix of drugs and PTSD. I loved the parts between Worick and Nic. The flashbacks were great to see. And put in well with everything else. I was struggling to put it into words. But yes! Thank you. It really does feel like Worick is pulling us into the past (and Nic, but much less so).

That's got to take a lot of self-control to stop yourself from reading the manga volumes if you have them.

Aug 9, 2015 10:41 AM

Jan 2015
A sad episode indeed with a lot of dark memories, even though Nicolas said he and the twilights won't be able to survive, his smile was kind of refreshing, I loved that moment... and also how Worick told him to never make him say ''order'' that was so Worick-like.. Alex's head though xD A GREAT EPISODE
Aug 9, 2015 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
Voltning said:

Yea that's Veronica the girl that's in the brothel with one arm.
Aug 9, 2015 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
amazing
Aug 9, 2015 11:16 AM
Jul 2011
My favorite episode yet. It didn't suffer from the pacing/transition issues some of the previous ones have had. The interweaving of flashbacks was great, and the episode as a whole had some great emotional punch.
Aug 9, 2015 11:16 AM

Feb 2015
This show's a mess. Non Non Biyori is more gangster than this shit.
Aug 9, 2015 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
Worick and Nic really had a sad past. I always feel so sorry for them.

That scene with Alex and Worick was also very touching. Hopefully she doesn't continue to relapse back into that drug addiction.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 9, 2015 11:32 AM

Nov 2014
Worick and Nico's past was great
Hi there
Aug 9, 2015 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Alex is hallucination because of those side effects of the pills.

Worick and Nicolas really had a nice past!
Aug 9, 2015 11:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This show might just be the best thing this season. Love how they blend the flashbacks and the current hapenings.

I didn't expect that kiss or that headbutt either. They're a sad bunch those 3. I hope they survive to the end, but I feel this show will demand it's share of victims.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 9, 2015 11:46 AM

Apr 2012
The story is woven together with much emotion and meaning and it's so good! I really ship worick and alex even though this anime isnt a shoujo XD

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 9, 2015 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
Best episode of this show so far. Alternating between the events in the present, with more problems brewing between the various gangs of Ergastalum, and the past, with the devolpment of the relationship of Worick and Nicolas, was an excellent idea that definitely paid off. Throwing in that bit at the end with Alex being driven mad by hallucinations from the drugs and Worick bashing heads with her to bring her back to her senses was also a good idea, and the scene as a whole was fantastically executed./

Here's hoping the show can keep up these high standards.
Aug 9, 2015 12:11 PM

May 2012
That kiss.. better than Twilight :D

Aug 9, 2015 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
The soundtrack in this episode... beautiful.
Aug 9, 2015 12:38 PM

Nov 2014
Wow, they become lovers!!!
Aug 9, 2015 12:46 PM
Oct 2012
A very well done episode, and the back stories were really well executed and presented as well. The Alex and Worrick scene was also well done, and I'm glad he brought her out of her hallucinations, if only temporary.

However.

People, the romance in this is simply in your minds, especially from that scene. That was Alex just having a bad reaction to her hallucinations. The whole thing was brought on by the ghost of Barry she was seeing, as we just saw her coming off a trick.
They will not become lovers, or 'together', especially if this show is as smart as they are setting it up to be. Calm your tits people, or go to tumblr, because that's all you're going to get.
AikijouAug 9, 2015 12:51 PM
Aug 9, 2015 12:53 PM

Feb 2014
As things finally calm down we finally get a back story with our two mains halfway though the season. BUt it is still good so I don't mind.

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Aug 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Dec 2010
Well...damn...their backstories are tragic AF.
Aug 9, 2015 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
The artistry, the musical score for this episode was beautiful. I loved how they made the transitions between past and present. Worick's past was kinda messed up, but Nico's was just as sad. I'm pretty sure that they'll give us the rest of their back story soon enough, but next week should be the start of the next arc.

Aikijou said:
A very well done episode, and the back stories were really well executed and presented as well. The Alex and Worrick scene was also well done, and I'm glad he brought her out of her hallucinations, if only temporary.

However.

People, the romance in this is simply in your minds, especially from that scene. That was Alex just having a bad reaction to her hallucinations. The whole thing was brought on by the ghost of Barry she was seeing, as we just saw her coming off a trick.
They will not become lovers, or 'together', especially if this show is as smart as they are setting it up to be. Calm your tits people, or go to tumblr, because that's all you're going to get.

As right as you are about the romance, I'm pretty sure she doesn't go back into relapse after this. Worick and the Doctor's attention to her issues will be enough to flush the toxins and the hallucinations from her mind and body.
The focus will now be on other more important things, like the turf war that's about to erupt, and the tag-murders.

As for Alex...

But yeah... no relapse.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 9, 2015 1:57 PM

Sep 2014
Back story is really interesting, love the way they show Worricks and Nicks relation!

Imo this episode was one of the weaker, but still a good one.
Aug 9, 2015 1:59 PM

Jul 2014
devinder said:
This show's a mess. Non Non Biyori is more gangster than this shit.

I don't agree with this but it had me laughing hard. Ren-chon wasting people with a katana, damn!
Aug 9, 2015 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
Epic episode.
I love how Worick understands Nico even without sign language.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Aug 9, 2015 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
Man, everyone has it rough; great episode otherwise.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

350 by Cersil »»
Feb 27, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2015

236 by BadCatBodhi »»
Feb 5, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sunakko-ch4n - Sep 10, 2015

107 by Cammell »»
Jan 8, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2015

155 by Cammell »»
Jan 6, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2015

169 by Cammell »»
Dec 31, 2023 12:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.