Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 28, 2015 12:40 AM

Jan 2015
Thai777 said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Ok, wat.

-add to my favorite list-

No sorry, this is better.
http://youtu.be/VMlunIQVl-M

よろしくなの~

But there are a lot of parodies about Gakkou Gurashi's OP, like this http://youtu.be/OkxK9yBr-ek Japan is having fun.

Gakkou Gurashi + MAGiA. The video has spoilers. http://youtu.be/KJFw05qcYjk
Gakkou Gurashi + Umineko's OP http://youtu.be/Kzsiw4Ybdqs
XenocrisiJul 28, 2015 12:53 AM
Jul 28, 2015 2:41 AM

Jul 2012
^damn those are really good, specially the Magia one *o* but the amount of spoilers in that video is damn high xD at least until chapter 34 or 35
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jul 28, 2015 6:57 AM

Oct 2012
What a touching scene... I understand their feelings... X"(

Jul 28, 2015 9:28 AM

Jun 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Thai777 said:

-add to my favorite list-

No sorry, this is better.
http://youtu.be/VMlunIQVl-M

よろしくなの~

But there are a lot of parodies about Gakkou Gurashi's OP, like this http://youtu.be/OkxK9yBr-ek Japan is having fun.

Gakkou Gurashi + MAGiA. The video has spoilers. http://youtu.be/KJFw05qcYjk
Gakkou Gurashi + Umineko's OP http://youtu.be/Kzsiw4Ybdqs

Oh god that anime is way more popular than expected lol.
Jul 28, 2015 1:04 PM

Feb 2011
is that the day of the zombies outbreak seen from megumi?
oh shit, wow, it is

kurumi x shovel

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 28, 2015 1:13 PM

Feb 2011
a bit late to the party but
Corwen said:
Xenocrisi said:
Not always in the Horrors there's gore.

I don't see any other way this could be horror without it.

this is one definition of horror
Horror is a Genre of fiction that exploits the Primal Fears of viewers to cause anxiety, fear, and ultimately thrills.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Horror
horror is about scaring, it can include gore, but is not gore

Thai777 said:

gakkou is currently the top 7 anime of this season (of 44) according to twitter (mostly japan) followers
ZeandoJul 28, 2015 1:17 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 28, 2015 2:02 PM

Jan 2015
Zeando said:
a bit late to the party but
Corwen said:

I don't see any other way this could be horror without it.

this is one definition of horror
Horror is a Genre of fiction that exploits the Primal Fears of viewers to cause anxiety, fear, and ultimately thrills.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Horror
horror is about scaring, it can include gore, but is not gore

Thai777 said:

gakkou is currently the top 7 anime of this season (of 44) according to twitter (mostly japan) followers

And 2nd without sequels. Yeah i saw it too, From 10th to 7th with sequels in 1-2 weeks, impressive.
Jul 28, 2015 2:14 PM

Jul 2009
So Megu is alive, I had some doubts, she is very kind.
Jul 28, 2015 2:21 PM

Feb 2011
Xenocrisi said:
Zeando said:

And 2nd without sequels. Yeah i saw it too, From 10th to 7th with sequels in 1-2 weeks, impressive.
and it's still growing pretty strongly

the latest growth rankings, still on top
in the last 7 days http://i.imgur.com/iu8AHeL.png
in the last 24h http://i.imgur.com/y2wRWXJ.png
https://twitter.com/anime_follower?lang=en

getting past charlotte seems out of reach (almost 28000 of difference)
but so far the show continues to be enjoyable who cares about rankings :u

Jul 28, 2015 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
Zeando said:
Xenocrisi said:

and it's still growing pretty strongly

the latest growth rankings, still on top
in the last 7 days http://i.imgur.com/iu8AHeL.png
in the last 24h http://i.imgur.com/y2wRWXJ.png
https://twitter.com/anime_follower?lang=en

getting past charlotte seems out of reach (almost 28000 of difference)
but so far the show continues to be enjoyable who cares about rankings :u

Oh wow I remember those graphic now. I didn't expect it to be a hit, but this is a nice surprise! Maybe they will get a second season when the manga get farther who knows?
Jul 28, 2015 2:38 PM

May 2010
The death flag on Megu-nee kept killing me through out the episode. This anime has to be one of the scariest.
Jul 28, 2015 4:05 PM

Jan 2015
TragicRomance said:
The death flag on Megu-nee kept killing me through out the episode. This anime has to be one of the scariest.

At least someone find this A LOT scary and don't complain about this. :3
Jul 28, 2015 10:24 PM

Jan 2015
Uhm, this video is not related to Gakkou Gurashi, but I wanted to provide an example of horror with no gore. Can't remember an example of an anime for now, maybe later.

On a different note, i'm curious about the yellow flowers that are next to the window of the club, those same flowers that appear in the ending. What kind of flowers are them? Do they have a meaning?
Jul 29, 2015 3:47 AM

Jan 2015
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Uhm, this video is not related to Gakkou Gurashi, but I wanted to provide an example of horror with no gore. Can't remember an example of an anime for now, maybe later.

On a different note, i'm curious about the yellow flowers that are next to the window of the club, those same flowers that appear in the ending. What kind of flowers are them? Do they have a meaning?

Oooh i saw that video on Facebook xD so scary.
Anyway i don't think the flowers have a meaning.
Jul 29, 2015 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:

Oooh i saw that video on Facebook xD so scary.
Anyway i don't think the flowers have a meaning.

Most of the time they have, except I'm not knowledgable so I'm just going to wait for someone who know it better than me. :V
Jul 29, 2015 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
Like usual I found this episode pretty damn good but there's a reason this series is not my favorite non-sequel series of the season. And that's because it hasn't gotten to the meat of the story yet. For all I know it could become Madoka-with-zombies when it gets there, but I haven't read the manga at all and quite frankly I don't want to get spoiled. Once it does get to the important parts, then I'll properly judge it.
Jul 29, 2015 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting episode. This could be my favorite anime of the season, once we get in "the meat of the story". :-P

I have a bad feeling that something horrible will happen to Megumi...
Jul 30, 2015 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
Yuuki is too pure for this shtty world :'(
I cry every time I see her :'(
Jul 31, 2015 10:57 PM

Feb 2015
I feel sorry for Megumi.
Aug 1, 2015 7:18 PM
Aug 2015
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Ok, wat.

Watching it makes me feel I am a failure as a human being.
Aug 2, 2015 6:39 AM

Oct 2008
The middle part of the episode is the only good one. Because of the tense feeling about the zomb apoc, rapidly invading the school! Very COoL!
I got sleepy again on the 1st and last part.
5/5.

Aug 2, 2015 9:21 AM

Jan 2015
matias067 said:
The middle part of the episode is the only good one. Because of the tense feeling about the zomb apoc, rapidly invading the school! Very COoL!
I got sleepy again on the 1st and last part.
5/5.

I think that the first half was pretty interesting. The 2nd half was okay.
Aug 6, 2015 6:57 PM

Jul 2012
Amarrez said:

Bullied in reality by the people she considers friends in her delusions.

Oh man, this is getting so deep.
I almost didn't finish the first episode when it aired, but then I'd decided to just give it another shot and wow. So glad I did.
Aug 7, 2015 1:34 AM

Jan 2014
I was reading the Wikipedia of this show...you know just to get a better understanding of the plot and characters and whatnot. But....I stumbled into a spoiler.

[spoiler]
Megumi is dead....that's what I read on the Wikipedia page....apparently she tried to save the girls or something....I cried at this episode! Because of what the everyone was saying to her like they're thankful and stuff while in the tent. She's so cheerful and cares about others and seeing this episode knowing that she's not alive was so feelsy! It's seems like she's looking after everyone even in Yuki's delusions. And no else talks to her.....it's like she's a ghost.....the feels TT^TT
Cxrl_12Aug 7, 2015 1:53 AM
Aug 7, 2015 1:58 AM

Jan 2015
Anime_Otaku69 said:
I was reading the Wikipedia of this show...you know just to get a better understanding of the plot and characters and whatnot. But....I stumbled into a spoiler.

[spoiler]
Megumi is dead....that's what I read on the Wikipedia page....apparently she tried to save the girls or something....I cried at this episode! Because of what the everyone was saying to her like they're thankful and stuff while in the tent. She's so cheerful and cares about others and seeing this episode knowing that she's not alive was so feelsy! It's seems like she's looking after everyone even in Yuki's delusions. And no else talks to her.....it's like she's a ghost.....the feels TT^TT

Lol, why did you go to wikipedia? It is a spoiler fiesta
Aug 7, 2015 8:01 AM

Jan 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Anime_Otaku69 said:

[spoiler]

Lol, why did you go to wikipedia? It is a spoiler fiesta

It's a habit ;_; I went there one time and I actually forgot that info but went back to read some more....I do it mostly to read more about personalities of characters (which I love to know)
[spoIler] MEGUMI! Why? You're so kawaii!
Aug 7, 2015 4:17 PM

Jun 2008
Not a manga reader, but now I'm like 90% sure Megu-nee is dead.

*Sigh*
Aug 8, 2015 5:18 PM

Aug 2015
JustALEX said:
Not a manga reader, but now I'm like 90% sure Megu-nee is dead.

*Sigh*

Yeah, they had me going at first with Megumi reminiscing about the first day of the zombie apocalypse... but I get the feeling that was deliberate to throw us off. :P

They totally didn't count her for the camping tent, and once again thanked her profusely only after Yuki mentioned her. Plus, I got the impression that Miki doesn't know Megumi at all the way she commented on how the other three must really like her.

Still, I'm really enjoying it so far. And I think Yuki is cute, even though she seems to annoy a lot of people in this discussion. More than that, though, it's sweet how the others really care about her and want to protect her. ★5/5
Aug 9, 2015 8:55 AM

Jan 2015
^
At least i am not the only who finds yuki extremely cute
XenocrisiAug 10, 2015 1:51 AM
Aug 9, 2015 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
Yuki is adorable but I understand why she may be annoying to some people. I prefer her manga verion but the anime Yuki works just fine, she may be a bit louder but her purpose is still there, even if many people don't see it.
[manga spoiler]
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Aug 10, 2015 1:53 AM

Jan 2015
^
True, can't wait to see that scene animated. Episode 6 maybe?
Aug 10, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2014
Dude I know they wanna use this episode for other purposes. But I mean, had they made Megu-nee the MC and had they made this episode into the first episode, the REAL first episode wouldn't have been that lame and the first and second episode would be more consistent or w/e.
The story would be better understandable.

KamSungAug 10, 2015 1:54 PM
Aug 12, 2015 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
This whole episode was one big death flag ;_;
Aug 12, 2015 4:10 PM

Jan 2015
Avenger-senpai said:
This whole episode was one big death flag ;_;

Thought the same thing
Aug 14, 2015 1:18 PM

Apr 2013
I now believe, Megu-nee is already dead, and the others are just pretending she's there for Yuki's sake.

Also, that shoveling scene on the roof was intense, pretty well done there I think.
Aug 14, 2015 1:23 PM

Jan 2015
KamSung said:
Dude I know they wanna use this episode for other purposes. But I mean, had they made Megu-nee the MC and had they made this episode into the first episode, the REAL first episode wouldn't have been that lame and the first and second episode would be more consistent or w/e.

Nope. I understand the anime perfectly. 2deep4u
Aug 14, 2015 1:34 PM

Dec 2014
Xenocrisi said:
KamSung said:

Not trying to be a douche, but Xenocrisi is right. The story is perfectly understandable, it's just told in a non-liner way right now and it's working out fine for most viewers.
Aug 14, 2015 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
AnnaSartin said:
Xenocrisi said:

Not trying to be a douche, but Xenocrisi is right. The story is perfectly understandable, it's just told in a non-liner way right now and it's working out fine for most viewers.

I lie if i say that i prefer the anime's version (how they tell the story) but i think that it's nothing too hard to understand
Aug 18, 2015 10:00 PM

Mar 2012
Kinda decent.
Aug 19, 2015 9:14 PM

Nov 2012
This whole episode I've been feeling tense about zombies popping out of nowhere like the scene where Megu-nee is out patrolling by herself.
Aug 22, 2015 5:18 PM

Dec 2010
Swither777 said:
I don't know if it is only me, but it feels through that the anime is unbalanced between cute and horror.

If this continues, I may drop it soon before it's to late...

no its not only you for one thing i hate moe and cute girls doing cute things,but for some reason i decided to give this show a try.i wish i didnt .definitely not my cup of tea but im happy to see that other people is enjoying it.some say they cry ,shed a tear it was scary over a certain scene an im like which part did i miss something? but what really got to me was 'lets go camping',seriously camping you have to be f-ing kidding me
Aug 24, 2015 11:36 PM

Feb 2014
Nice insight into what happened. I hope we see more, for instance, how they solved the problem with the zombies in the school and drove them out/killed them.
Aug 28, 2015 10:54 PM

Oct 2013
That was brilliant... ;-;

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 4, 2015 11:37 AM

Apr 2014
Smudy said:
Again i felt so uneasy the whole time, i dont think any anime has done that before to this extent. The rooftop scene was scary.

Lol exactly. This is the third episode and I still get this uneasy feeling when I watch this.
Sep 4, 2015 6:53 PM
Jun 2015
I feel like with the way that they ended this episode, it's like they're straight up telling us, "Yeah. You like Megu? Ha. HA HA. She's great isn't she? She's gonna DIE HORRIBLY AND YOU'RE GOING TO CRY ABOUT IT."
I just have this horrible feeling that she's going to be the first to die. I haven't read the manga or anything so I don't know for sure, but all of my plot sensors are telling me she's gonna die.
Sep 13, 2015 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, now that's how you build suspense. It seems like Yuki wasn't as fond of school prior to the breakout. I wonder if there's something more to why she is living in her own little world now. The more they shed light on the grim reality of their situation and trauma, the more heartwarming those SOL moments become. Yuki is the psychological pillar of the group and it's ironic how her delusions are what's keeping the other girls sane.
Sep 28, 2015 8:35 AM

Nov 2011
A little slower pace as the episode, but at least the plot provides some elements to understand what happened before the girls and met in that situation. I wanted something more in terms of history and humor, but I'm happy anyway. The drawings and animations remain discreet as quality.
Oct 4, 2015 11:35 AM

May 2012
An interesting sight on when it started but I do wonder what caused it and why! Interesting development in general! Let's see what's next.
Oct 5, 2015 6:07 PM

Aug 2013
I just can't handle..... all this moe!! Shovel-chan!

More seriously, I hope it keep the horror pace. So far, the moe/horror mix is disturbingly good.
This episode made me wonder when did Yuki went insane? She seemed totally aware of what was going on, on the roof. I don't think she went insane at that moment, something even more shocking must have happened to her, forcing her to close herself in her little world.

They baited me with the spooky ghost Megu-nee. It seem she's alive after all. All them innuendos... I don't give her much time before the story sacrifice her though. Please, don't kill Megu-nee :(

Camping seemed such a terrible idea. I'm glad the rest of the group thought that it was a terrible idea too and stayed indoor.

They'll have to leave the school at some point. The ressources aren't unlimited...
minouneetzoeOct 5, 2015 6:12 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 5, 2016 2:07 PM

Feb 2015
It really makes me uneasy. I feel like Megu-nee will die and that the Megu-nee we saw in the previous episodes is like a memory or something T_T though I'd love it if she really was there
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.