Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 6, 2015 5:13 AM

Mar 2008
I don't care that much about gore, but they should have at least showed some dead people before giving us that 'omfgsosadgonnacryforthedead'-scene. It felt more like the dragon made a huge mess WITHOUT killing anyone in the previous scenes..
other than that I don't have much to complain about, except for that rory girl which has a thing for MC (for no reason so far) and is kinda weird overall. I don't get her intentions (yet)

but yes, I liked the dragon scenes and I'm still enjoying the anime. MC is a cool guy, I also like Lelei
Vanessa-Sep 6, 2015 5:16 AM
Sep 13, 2015 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
Episode quite interesting and believable in the narrative, perhaps a little less confrontation with the dragon and the priestess dressed as a Goth-loli, oh well! The building of the plot seemed credible enough, are satisfied with the rest. Very beautiful the drawings and well animated battles, not bad choreography of the fight between the bandits and the priestess, but it is not credible her costume design, though. : P
This anime I'm liking it more and more, I hope that future developments do not make me change my mind.
Sep 25, 2015 9:23 PM

May 2015
That GothLoli lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2015 6:34 PM

Sep 2014
Casting calls and Dragons. Ep 3.

Plot: Iwata and co manage to save the Elf girl but when they return to the village the villagers flee when they learn the Fire Dragon is on the loose. The troop assist as they can with the escape effort despite how taxing it is on their own forces. Along the way they met Rory, a "Gothic lolita" who is an Apostle to a Dark God who's good with people and kids, and the Magic assistant Leilei. After shenanigans and a long travel, they meet and battle the Fire Dragon forcing it away.

However the Recon troop now have more stragglers and refugees than they started out with.

CHaracter: Iwata earns his good guy medal with his taking in the refugees. I'm surprised there wasn't a bit more opposition to it but okay. He also once more shows that he actually knows some military stuff but I wonder: was the dragon's eye to far off to see and if not, why didn't he/anyone else notice it. I wonder if he'll have to make the rough decisions later on.

Rory was a welcome addition to the group. A powerhouse that while possibly a sadist, is fun and flighty. I welcome the shenanigans to come. Leilei seems to be of the Yuki Nagato/Rei Ayanami cloth but I wonder how far she is in her magic studies? A prodigy? Someone very lucky? And the Elf girl might be an Archer. I say that in fifty/fifty mode since that is generalization of the elves.

Animation/sound: Rory's slaughter was a great showcase of her skills and her weapon design is pretty sweet. The Dragon CG/animation was pretty good not only with its flight but its destruction. Was kinda disappointed with the no blood to indicate they mortally wounded it.

5/5. A fierce battle with casulties, new interesting characters, and the feel that the introduction arc is over. Now on to the next!

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Oct 3, 2015 1:00 AM

Oct 2013
Rory's stereotypical sadist Japanese voice literally made me cringe at first. That said, I like her design and battle style A LOT. I was amazingly impressed with her battle choreography when she attacked those bandits.

So far I'm enjoying this even more than I expected. Great episode once again. :o

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 3, 2015 1:00 AM

Jan 2014
Neko goth loli -- best girl!
Oct 14, 2015 12:10 PM

May 2012
Another great episode with some interesting new characters! Let's see what's next.
Oct 26, 2015 6:57 AM

Jan 2012
Am i the only who didn't like The dark lolita .

Nov 21, 2015 5:49 AM

May 2015
I wanna ride it.

I totally died of laughing when she said that.

Amazing dragon 10/10
Jan 13, 2016 5:59 AM

Nov 2012
fighting giant monsters is a defense force tradition

hah

Jan 17, 2016 10:32 AM

Jan 2016
Rory seems badass. Her fighting style is very nice. I do hope there's more blood and fighting in the next episodes. It didn't look like the dragon did a lot of damage(no blood or dead bodies to be seen).
Feb 2, 2016 9:43 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Gothic loli for the win, lol. The fight with the fire dragon was nice

5/5
Feb 18, 2016 12:01 PM

Dec 2011
A pervert gothic loli and a naked elf.
This anime have so much "plot".
Feb 25, 2016 2:12 AM

Sep 2015
BeaverPilotLucas said:
I wanna ride it.

I totally died of laughing when she said that.

Amazing dragon 10/10

DEAD lol, I was crying for sure. That part was Great. Liking this more than expected. Could up the gore though. 5/5
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 11, 2016 5:27 PM
Jun 2013
CrowleYo said:
i liked this episode, like someone already said on the first page, fights lacked blood, i hope it gets a bit darker

No kidding, the entire anime watered down the blood that the manga had showed. And sadly the anime will be less dark as compared to the manga's depiction.

BTW, CrowleYo, may I ask what anime is that girl, with the big flaming sword, from? Really curious.
Mar 12, 2016 12:32 PM

Apr 2013
greed2 said:
CrowleYo said:
i liked this episode, like someone already said on the first page, fights lacked blood, i hope it gets a bit darker

No kidding, the entire anime watered down the blood that the manga had showed. And sadly the anime will be less dark as compared to the manga's depiction.

BTW, CrowleYo, may I ask what anime is that girl, with the big flaming sword, from? Really curious.

It's Zetsuen no Tempest. If you want to watch it, don't pay that much attention to that gif, it might spoil you some interesting stuff.

clickable▲
Mar 12, 2016 12:33 PM
Jun 2013
CrowleYo said:
greed2 said:

It's Zetsuen no Tempest. If you want to watch it, don't pay that much attention to that gif, it might spoil you some interesting stuff.

Thank you very much sir for your help
Apr 5, 2016 10:10 PM

Sep 2011
Looking forward to see more of her!
Jun 16, 2016 4:57 AM

Jun 2013
i wonder how many more episodes those vehicles will last, not like they have infinite fuel or anything
Jul 11, 2016 8:19 PM

Apr 2009
Finally we encountered magic! ...and a fire dragon, the token elf archer girl, gothic-lolita dark priestess, the stoic but talented mage/sorceress with her old, pervert master, more war orphans, hmm I guess that's everything for this episode.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 16, 2016 2:05 AM

Jul 2013
Haven't I seen that elf in SAO? Well anyway I really like how despite the war and people dying and all that they still manage to make the atmosphere somewhat light-hearted. Also are all the heroines gonna be lolis?
Sep 25, 2016 5:22 AM

Jan 2013
Some weird noises the horse made.
Also THE F, just shooting the horse like that :(

"This is a really tight fit" ... yes it it Itama, dirty man.

The Elf and the Loli girl are a joy to behold, amazing art.

Dragon fight was pretty good :)
Dec 20, 2016 1:58 AM

Dec 2012
So Youji's premonition came true. He now has all 3 girls.

Rory serves the Dark God, Cthulhu.

Cthulu got a Gothic lolita fetish. lol

Rory going to work on that scythe.

Holy crap. A Gothic lolita girl.

Rory: A comfy ride, huh? *licks lips*

Me: :)

Rory: I'd like to see how it feels to ride it, too.

Me: :)

Youji: This is a really tight fit.

Me: Youji, you lucky fock.

OMG! Rory face was so cute when she was sitting next to Youji.

Taking on big monsters is a Defense Force tradition. lol

Dat elf body.
RobDec 20, 2016 2:30 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 14, 2017 12:32 PM

Mar 2010
The entire villagae would have been wiped out anyways, they should consider their luck. The new character girls don't seem to stick out that much so far.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 7, 2018 12:32 AM

Feb 2010
Yay finally get to see rori. She's definitely the reason I wanted to watch this series. She's just so darn cute.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Feb 23, 2018 6:25 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Best girl spotted!! It was worth it to pick this series solely for this already, since I was teased and wanted to see what was the fuzz about.

But the series already also has alot of positives to it too~~
Mar 28, 2018 1:02 PM

Mar 2016
Leilei, her master, and Rory are finally introduced. Rory is pretty badass, and I love the scene where she slaughters the thieves (too bad they don't spill much blood BUT DAMN! A-1 Pictures! That's some great animation!) So Rory is basically some kind of loli god that seems evil but is actually good and likes have no trouble flirting with people huh... (The sitting on Itami's lap scene was pretty funny) Sounds like those characters who are actually older than what they look like.

Itami and his troops did it again. Their tactical prowess can be seen when they fought that dragon. Nice job for saving those villagers.
Apr 17, 2018 7:39 PM

Jul 2016
That dragon that thick skin though to not even have a scratch from a bazooka bullet, wonder how they will kill it if they meet it again
Mar 30, 2019 6:23 AM

Apr 2014
I always wanted to see Guns vs Fantasy. i'm more of a Gun Nut afterall. But this world have Dragons, Wyvern, Orc, and other Strange Monster as Foot soldier (for now), but the Rulers are Humans, so are they Co Existing with them? or are they controlled? I doubt the dragon have Free Will, feels like its following an Order.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Nov 27, 2019 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
at the beginning, the military nurse is savage (she basically said u want to make her refugee cause u have elf fetish) lol

Rory is juts a naughty woman lol
Jul 25, 2020 1:26 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know who I like more, Elf Girl or Oracle Girl.

Regardless, SDF 1, Dragon 0.
Sep 11, 2020 1:40 PM
Mar 2018
This show tries sometimes to be military accurate, but then again disregards all logic. I mean they take in all those refugees (another one of the anime fantasies japan would actually never do, unless the refugees are japanese), but have no ressources to do so. A convoy wouldn't just venture out into the wilderness, without any checkpoints to replenish, gasoline, food, water or ammo. Maybe this is the bit of reality that shines through to the show, because fixig those issues would just take a small action in the story...
Apr 1, 2021 6:29 AM

Sep 2012
DonTrumpolino said:
This show tries sometimes to be military accurate, but then again disregards all logic. I mean they take in all those refugees (another one of the anime fantasies japan would actually never do, unless the refugees are japanese), but have no ressources to do so. A convoy wouldn't just venture out into the wilderness, without any checkpoints to replenish, gasoline, food, water or ammo. Maybe this is the bit of reality that shines through to the show, because fixig those issues would just take a small action in the story...

this world has resources so they can use that for the refuges of that world, also they can get resource through gate

Vanessa said:
I don't care that much about gore, but they should have at least showed some dead people before giving us that 'omfgsosadgonnacryforthedead'-scene. It felt more like the dragon made a huge mess WITHOUT killing anyone in the previous scenes..
other than that I don't have much to complain about, except for that rory girl which has a thing for MC (for no reason so far) and is kinda weird overall. I don't get her intentions (yet)

but yes, I liked the dragon scenes and I'm still enjoying the anime. MC is a cool guy, I also like Lelei

well some times ppl start to like other ppl from first sight and Rory has powers so i bet she sees something others don't
Sugram22Apr 26, 2022 1:14 AM
Mar 15, 2022 12:15 PM

May 2008
This is really getting good. Nice animation, great characters, elves, goth lolita goddesses, dragons... I wish my first overseas assignment was this cool.
Dec 8, 2022 7:25 PM

Dec 2022
It's great watching the defense force team help people like this, the adventuring is fun to watch, and I want to know more about everything. I like how they are showing us how the JSDF's weapons are not overly OP and need help. The introduction of all 3 girls this episode was neat, and each one is interesting.

May 18, 2023 5:10 AM
Mar 2023
Distinto, entretenido y realista
Jun 20, 2023 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
That fight against the fire dragon was intense. That gothic lolita is an oracle? hot. Also, rip to the ones who died
Nov 18, 2023 2:42 AM

Mar 2020
Aaand its cringe.
Nov 18, 2023 11:35 AM

May 2023
There's always a bigger dragon.
Dec 4, 2023 6:45 AM

Nov 2023
Lelena is a very interesting cnuy character
Dec 5, 2023 6:38 PM

Dec 2022
Rory is spectacular already. Gothic loli with the mannerisms of a sultry woman isn't something you see often, and that's to say nothing of that captivating fighting scene.

Would still like to see more purpose to the Task Force otherworld expedition. For the moment, they seem to be driving around aimlessly while collecting refugees, and no one is asking any questions of the origins or intentions of these military people who are clearly not known quantities in their world, making the worldbuilding seem a bit lackluster.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 14, 10:24 AM
Feb 2023
This event sequence pretty much sums up the entire episode (out of context):
"Hey, don't touch the pistol!"
*lustful laughter*
"I said don't touch that!"
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

207 by GooseHybrid »»
Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

186 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

188 by Strahan »»
Mar 24, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

436 by Rohanr »»
Mar 5, 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.