Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 10, 2015 11:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The OP theme song is awesome, loved it.

My favorite parts would be Chris transforming and kicking some ass. Got a bad feeling about that witch girl though and her plans. I hope in the future, when they fight against, it'll be go better, especially for Hibiki too.

Jul 10, 2015 11:38 AM

Apr 2015
Lots of action, 2 transformations, and...
Samurai noise 4 life!
5/5, waiting on subs now.
---
Maria is now a Saber, instead of Lancer. Maybe she can prove to be useful?
TYxTxYTJul 10, 2015 12:31 PM
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 10, 2015 12:57 PM
Jan 2015
Why Miku doesn't have permanent symphogear
Jul 10, 2015 2:21 PM
Oct 2014
That evil looking sword in the Opening reminds of Durandal from the first season (if anyone remembers or has watched the 1st season).
Jul 10, 2015 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
bkim999 said:
That evil looking sword in the Opening reminds of Durandal from the first season (if anyone remembers or has watched the 1st season).

It's confirmed(?) to be Dainsleif.
Durandal is nowhere near as evil compared to its legend.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 10, 2015 3:00 PM

Mar 2014
bkim999 said:

Looks different to me.
Jul 10, 2015 3:33 PM

Mar 2014
Now, Maria x Tsubasa is getting serious? And Mizuki's Bushi-Noise appears, too? And Carol is using alchemy, huh.
MajinAkumaJul 10, 2015 3:55 PM
Jul 10, 2015 4:40 PM
Sep 2012
Someday Genjuurou will remove his necktie from his pocket. (Damn he was so close this time)

Nana Mizuki's opening delivers as usual. Ending is not bad too.
Jul 10, 2015 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
Maria's symphogear use whip - sword. Op song is pretty good.
Noise become powerful that can cut through symphogear. I wonder what happen to them in next episode?
Jul 10, 2015 8:44 PM

Apr 2015
MajinAkuma said:
Now, Maria x Tsubasa is getting serious? And Mizuki's Bushi-Noise appears, too? And Carol is using alchemy, huh.

not only Nana's samurai noise, but also...
Jul 11, 2015 3:33 AM

Mar 2014
TYxTxYT said:

Yeah, Yuuki's Noise looked the best. Considering that the enemy is using alchemy, it would not be a far fetch to assume that her Noise would appear.
Jul 11, 2015 10:17 AM

Sep 2013
op song was glorious, the build up of the song just gets to me :'(
Nana's still got it <3

No BANG from Chris :(
Tsukasa's transformation was cool too.

Tsubasa x Maria :O
Maria is the man in the relationship XD

TYxTxYT said:
MajinAkuma said:

Nana's noise would have been better as one of the end bosses, that way we'll get epic sword matches, now they'll just become fodder :(
Arcanoise.
Looks like symphogears are obsolete :( but the series is named symphogear :(
ichii_1Jul 11, 2015 12:03 PM
Jul 11, 2015 10:30 AM

Feb 2007
0/10, still no fisting.
Jul 11, 2015 12:23 PM

Apr 2012
Is it just me or is this show making way too big a deal out of the fact Kirika and Shirabe are a duo?

Also, if the way these new Noise disintegrated didn't tell them they were different, our protagonists are blind. Totally called the Gear dissolve just before it happened, I mean come on, this is Alchemy we're talking about.

And lastly, looks like they plan on bringing in Hibiki family traumas now.

7/10 this episode
Jul 11, 2015 12:56 PM

Mar 2014
Im pretty sad I didnt get to hear Chris say "Bang" during her transformation again.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 11, 2015 1:01 PM

Mar 2008
Not a bad episode though I feel it was a step back from the awesome one last week. Hibiki....doing an effective job of trying to get herself killed. At least in the previous seasons she was sharp enough to use her gear to help stay alive. She's not fused with a relic....honestly she should be dead. Luckily Carol's firepower is pretty flimsy.

I'd agree they really are going a bit over the top to say "hey Kirika and Shirabe are a duo" they just never have a scene in episode, OP, or ED apart :).

Fun episode as a whole though. Chris and Tsubasa getting their transformation scenes and songs in early and getting some fighting in. They really helped carry the day and saved the episode.
Jul 11, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2009
Best of Tsubasa x Maria episode!

Tsubasa flushed when Maria called her name and grabbed her arm to escape
Maria declared she would take away Tsubasa as she wants
They put on a public display of affection in front of the enemies

OK. This is a Yuri anime. I knew it.
Jul 11, 2015 2:17 PM

Jul 2015
Why does the little chant that activates their symphogear bother me so much?
Still really love the trainwreck. This ep wasn't as great last week bit still enjoyed some Chris action as well as that Maria x Tachibana moment. I wish Hibiki was a bit smarter though..
Jul 11, 2015 3:03 PM

Aug 2010
Friggin loving these new villains :O

Power up in need!! Probably whatever is inside that box the girl with Chris has will help :3

The action was amazing. The fighting style of these new enemies is awesome.

For some reason I like Gallie the most even though we've seen her least XD
Jul 11, 2015 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
I am loving this season, but why Symphogear always end with a cliffhanger ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :(
Jul 11, 2015 5:01 PM
Oct 2014
MajinAkuma said:
bkim999 said:

Looks different to me.

TYxTxYT said:
bkim999 said:

It's confirmed(?) to be Dainsleif.
Durandal is nowhere near as evil compared to its legend.

Of course it's different (its design is almost a complete of opposite of Durandal like an evil version). I'm just saying that the sword REMINDS me of Durandal because the way how it was presented in the Opening, it made me wonder if it will play a major role like Durandal.

Basically: The fact it looks like another powerful relic that will play a major role and that it looks like a sword reminded me of Durandal (a powerful relic that played a major role and is also a sword).

One of you even said it might be based on a real legend/myth like Durandal (and Nephilim).
Jul 11, 2015 5:09 PM

Jun 2013
good action throughout
Jul 11, 2015 6:39 PM

Mar 2010
oh goody, more pointless villains with no clear reason to why they are doing what they are doing, I had enough of this "because someone told me to" bullshit already from season 2, Hibiki being a complete goober again annoyed me too, this didn't need a third season after season 2 was so frustrating to choke down, with all of the good anime out this season this is dropped, I can't handle this shit any more
Jul 11, 2015 7:07 PM
May 2015
^Later! :)

On this note: Something's gonna happen regarding Hibiki's father, I'm going with Hibiki is somehow a witch related to Carol...... Or Hibki's somehow gonna be immune to the Arcanoise
Jul 11, 2015 8:39 PM

Sep 2013
Hibiki's gonna be put in her place again because she won't fight.
Another bruce lee training "the best way to communicate your determination and justice is with your fists" XD
CALLING IT! :)

Jryou said:
oh goody, more pointless villains with no clear reason to why they are doing what they are doing

It's the 2nd episode XD
Good riddance.
Jul 11, 2015 8:39 PM

Feb 2013
OMG-Chris's-transformation/5

I feel like they turned up the fanservice, especially that Maria as the car got cut in half... I don't recall there being that much in the last 2.
Jul 11, 2015 8:56 PM

Jul 2012
Oh Hibiki...it was better when you were punching mountains and supplexing spaceships.
At least not fighting left her symphogear intact.

I'm really digging the new villains. The dolls are fabulous.

Op is awesome. Nana Mizuki <3
Jul 11, 2015 8:57 PM

May 2012
as bad as this show is, its so freaking fun to watch, in my opinion :p

BurntJelly said:
OMG-Chris's-transformation/5

I feel like they turned up the fanservice, especially that Maria as the car got cut in half... I don't recall there being that much in the last 2.

oh ya, big time lol, im not complaining though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 11, 2015 9:49 PM

Apr 2011
This show seems to be getting a lot better with each season. First it was "meh, guess I'll watch", then it was fairly decent, and this season is turning out to be great! Going by their current trend this season will be a 9, hopefully, if they follow my graph. haha

(then the season after that will be an 11, hailed as the greatest anime of all time)

Being so over the top it seems sort of like a "so bad it's good" but it's honestly not that bad. So it's "so good it's good but should be bad".
Important_NobodyJul 11, 2015 9:56 PM

Jul 11, 2015 9:56 PM

Feb 2010
The music was great throughout this episode. Kind of disappointing they removed the "bang" from Kurisu's henshin. I'm going to assume Kirika and Shirabe is up next episode <3. This anime so far was non stop action with ass and titties, great. Sympho keeping up with its usual dumb moments, Hibiki breakdown and Maria's matrix hotd boobs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2015 12:50 AM

Apr 2015
SovereignSky said:
^Later! :)

On this note: Something's gonna happen regarding Hibiki's father, I'm going with Hibiki is somehow a witch related to Carol...... Or Hibki's somehow gonna be immune to the Arcanoise

I realized many of you have not seen the background information regarding Hibiki's family posted on G's site.
This was posted in 2013.
http://www.symphogear-g.com/introduction/keyword_42.php

This is done by google translation with my grammar fix, do find a legit translator if you can.
Jul 12, 2015 2:36 AM

Sep 2010
You were expecting Noise but it was I, Dio.

She threw boats from the sky at Kris.
Jul 12, 2015 3:27 AM

Dec 2011
Omg Tsubasa!! ; A ; loved her fight dfksdfd
The OP was awesome as always. They took the full ver off youtube lol.
SatsuyoJul 12, 2015 3:32 AM
Jul 12, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2008
Nah, this season of Symphogear is already bad with the 2nd episode.

The new evil people might be more powerful, but have stupid reason to destroy the world. Hibiki is annoying as ever and powerless like S1 start. And now she is depressed because her father didn't say what she should do... Pffff

And I thought they might do something well in S3...
Sorry, completely bad.
Jul 12, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
TYxTxYT said:

I realized many of you have not seen the background information regarding Hibiki's family posted on G's site.
This was posted in 2013.
http://www.symphogear-g.com/introduction/keyword_42.php

This is done by google translation with my grammar fix, do find a legit translator if you can.

Thx m8.

Dat OP, very nice. Mizuki nana u never disappoint me.
actually i hope we won't see noise any more, i got a bit bored with noise, i'd prefer something 100% new
Jul 12, 2015 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
TYxTxYT said:
MajinAkuma said:

NO WAY THEY MADE THEM *laughter*

I really like the fact that even if the villains are powerful you can clearly see (ex: Carol) that they aren't overpowered

Also,Awesome Op/Ed,transformations and everything in general :D
Jul 12, 2015 5:27 PM

Mar 2013
Nana Mizuki voice just makes me happy whenever I hear it! Can't get enough xD.

Love how people are hating on the villain when its only 2 episode in xD
Jul 12, 2015 7:59 PM

Feb 2014
BurntJelly said:

They up the fanservice every season :p At least it's not too much...

Oh my gosh, so AWESOME! These new enemies are pretty cool (it sounds like the blue witch has a similar voice as prices tutu to me).

I was hoping Kirika and Shirabe would help the other symphogears because Kirika is my fave but that didn't happen ._.

Poor Maria has to lie and can't use her symphogear if she wants to get out of the sticky situation she was in last season :(

I wonder how the runaway loli knows so much about the symphogear users. She said she should give something to them...maybe a symphogear power up? That would be cool! :D

Loving GX so far!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2015 11:24 PM
Jul 2013
I watched the OP 5 times before I could continue with the ep- love it. The ED wasn't bad either.

I really like the kissing girl (Garie) voice and design, looking forward to more.
Jul 13, 2015 12:04 AM
Mar 2015
I have and will continue to love Mizuki Nana's voice, she had me hooked since Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha with her singing. The ending was nice too and I am liking Ayahi Takagaki's voice.

I think I really like this anime because it gives me Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha vibes with the generally powerful female protagonists, team-based fighting, an undercurrent of yuri, the flashy transformation scenes, and the good music.

Arcanoise is cheating by the way, because having Symphogear disintegrating is never a fun time.

I also have to agree with people, Miku needs real symphogear because I really like that design from last season.

I am a proponent for Maria x Tsubasa, just like I was a proponent for Nanoha x Fate, even though that one did not quite pan out.

I think I like Mizuki Nana more when she is the voice actress of slightly quieter, somewhat serious, and unassuming roles like Hinata, Fate, and Tsubasa. Not to say that I did not like her as Moka from Rosario to Vampire or Perse from Shinkyoku Sokai Polyphonica, but still.

And yes it is about time that the 6 (hopefully 7 including Miku though that is wishful thinking) gets a powered up version of Symphogear. I especially want the LiNKER users to have more natural Symphogear use.
Jul 13, 2015 5:22 AM

Sep 2009
calling it now.the villians are Homunculus
Jul 13, 2015 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing!!!!

The New opening by Nana Mizuki is goddess!!! ED by Ayahi Takagaki is amazing as well!!

I bought the Exterminate Album so i should get this by September along with MGSV The Phantom Pain Special Edition :)

Man so now their fighting alchemist?!?! I have a feeling they travel from the past only to destroy the world.

If Symphogears were brought in after Alchemy. Shouldn't Symphogears be more powerful!?! :P

Lots of amazing fights!!! Chris's new insert songs is badass, but lacks the fire power boom style she used to sing like Bye Bye Lullaby :P

As usual, Hibiki is trying to act all weak again. I thought she actually grew up, but it seems she still the stupid brat that she is. Want to bright slap the sense out of her.

So their shipping Tsubasa and Maria now??! Perfect pair :P

Lol Did Maria's boobs bounce of that blade!?! XD

Tsubasa's new transformation is great!!!!

Arcanoise!?!? They even used the Seiyuu's own drawings!!!!!! Amazing detail there :)

Lots of explosions and surprises!?!?! Damn I can't wait for the next episode!!!!!!!

Also Hibiki's character song for GX came out recently.

You know where to get it Nyaaaaah!!!

Jul 13, 2015 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
I do hope Glorious Break(ED from Ep 1) will appear in one of the albums or even Nana's own :)

I really hope we see Maria, Shirabe, Kirika's new Symphogear transformation soon!!

Still miss Maria's black cape, but i don't mind the new white one ^^
Jul 14, 2015 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
They done all they can with the enemy, lets hope this season ends up being slightly better than the previous few.
Jul 16, 2015 12:47 AM

Apr 2015

SWORDS.ARE.FLAT.
Jul 16, 2015 10:39 PM

Sep 2008
Great episode. Garie instantly rose to best villain girl status. She sounds like Jakuzure/FLCL seiyuu and I had to check if it was her (was not).

I love it every time Carol screams, just feels so awesome. Symphogear is such an awesome word to yell (as demonstrated by Hibiki)

Also I dunno about anyone else, but I just started thinking that a Elfnein x Chris ship would be nice. The big busted shyful girl and the shameless loli. Isn't the contrast delicious? Also Elfnein uses boku, which means either she's a bokukko or a boy.

While Hibiki's behavior is annoying, you have to remember, Hibiki has been the same throughout the seasons, this isn't new behavior at all.
Jul 16, 2015 11:01 PM

May 2014
Looks like the Symphogears will be getting their own CVK792's with that device helpful Loli was trying to bring to them. Should help them in the fight against this newfound overpowered Evil.

This might mean costume adjustments, that would be awesome.
Jul 17, 2015 5:25 AM

Nov 2013
WrongPriest said:
Looks like the Symphogears will be getting their own CVK792's with that device helpful Loli was trying to bring to them. Should help them in the fight against this newfound overpowered Evil.

This might mean costume adjustments, that would be awesome.

symphogear with cartridge huh..... not bad I think. Since from season 1 we haven't get any upgrade, maybe it's the time to give some upgrades to those symphogear.
Jul 18, 2015 7:10 PM

Oct 2008
Alchemist turning-up their game with symphogears. for now they will be stronger, but if the girls would sing harder they will overpower it with plot-holes!
since Hibiki didn't transform, Tsubasa and Chris won't be in peril cuz maybe Hibiki will be there on the nick of time. OR!...Hibiki might go insane rampage again and kill bad guys...or girls...watever!
3/5.

Jul 21, 2015 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
More villains, alright episode. Arcanoise in an improvement I guess.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

68 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 7:02 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 12:39 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.