Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2015 5:57 PM

Nov 2012
Please note that this thread will contain spoilers for those not already familiar with the "ending."

From what I've read, Guin Saga is an anime adaptation of a Light Novel originally publiched in 1979, but which continued over its 100-volume projection to 126 volumes until May 23, 2009, when the author (Kaoru Kurimoto) became too ill to continue writing, and later died. 4 Volumes were published posthumously.

I was interested after the first episode, intrigued after the second, and became slowly hooked to this anime, so much that I marathoned the 26 episodes in the span of three days, while working.

There is a sense of epicness in everything that goes on, and what I love about this anime more than any others is the REALISTIC characters. The characters who all have morals of their own and are mostly good people, but with situations that make "good" subjective--It makes it so that "villains" are real people, with real thoughts and feelings.

Most other anime I watch doesn't do this very well, if at all. You clearly know who the heroes are, who the bad guys are, and there's always a black and white line that's crossed for a "bad guy" to be considered such. Guin Saga does away with that and gives those traditional ideals the finger and says, "Screw that, our characters are going to be realistic."

By the time I got to episode 20, I realized the horrible truth.

This story is far, far too epic to be concluded with only six more episodes.

With growing despair, I watched the final several episodes on this awesome anime, only to learn that not only is there no more to watch, but that the author wasn't even able to complete the series.

Can someone tell me, does any studio have plans to continue this awesome thing? SUrely we're not very far into the 130 volumes already.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Aug 8, 2015 11:06 AM

Dec 2014
Guin Saga is quite like GoT regarding realistic characters and non GOOD GUYS's struggle against BAD GUYS point. Besides it has ressemblances with fantasy stories - Lord of the Rings, Berserk.

Though the author was dead, the series is finished and fully completed, as the author gave indications about the plot and twists of the remaining novels she had to write. She died around the time where, the 126th novel - I guess it is the 126th one - came out in Japan. The finished series is about 130 books.

The anime series, I think, just canons the 10 first novels. If GUIN SAGA anime continues, it'd be like 10 seasons, and it'd be awesome. Nevertheless, and that's a pity, there's so low odds to see GUIN SAGA anime continues; it's more likely not to given that the adapation is no real success (I think, I don't know how much it is knwon in Japan, but here in my country, no one ever heard about it) :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 12, 2009

27 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Apr 12, 2009

70 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 30, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

32 by nhkam »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.