Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (106) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 22, 2008 12:11 PM

Jul 2007
atlantiza said:
Having trouble manually updating in the beta. When I press "Update Episodes" it stays clicked/greyed/whatever forever and never actually updates.

Does it work with the schedule? I can't reproduce the error here, it works fine. Maybe the firewall is blocking it?
Feb 22, 2008 12:12 PM

Jul 2007
url_elf said:
It doesn't work for me for some reason. Whenever the MAL Updater is running and I open MPC, then browse to open a file, it freezes when I click on the folder the episodes are in.

MPC freezes? or the updater, then in MPC you pick a file? that's really weird
Feb 22, 2008 1:53 PM

Jul 2007
Kotori said:
Does it work with the schedule? I can't reproduce the error here, it works fine. Maybe the firewall is blocking it?

I could update fine in 1.00, but in the beta I can't. My firewall already has it set to allow it full access to the internet through my computer.

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Feb 22, 2008 2:13 PM
Feb 22, 2008 2:54 PM

Jul 2007
Windows XP Media Center Edition, SP2

Feb 22, 2008 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
does it happen with any anime or only a specific one?
Feb 22, 2008 3:12 PM

Jul 2007
At first I thought it was only one, Bleach, but I tried with Clannad as well and the same thing happened.

Feb 22, 2008 3:26 PM
Jul 2007
im using the new beta but im getting my previous problem of it not updating just flashing up the notice on and off whilst i watch "hatenkou yuugi #5", it updated kanon just before fine.
Feb 22, 2008 3:40 PM

Jul 2007
Feb 22, 2008 4:12 PM
Jul 2007
ive sorted it, there was a miss spelling in the file name
Feb 22, 2008 9:18 PM

Oct 2007
This is probably a big bug, and untill not it happened for:
[ANBU_AonE]_Naruto_108_[95AEED31]

I recently started downloading to keep all of Naruto, watching them as i go!
I am now watching the above file and it said it was updating Naruto Shippudden 108!!!

I will post if the other episodes of Naruto start updating Shippudden instead!

P.S. i have finished Naruto, maybe that has something to do with it also

EDIT: Yes, apparently the other ones are geting updated as well...
I am watching Naruto 109, Shippudden is getting updated...

Maybe it has something to do with Naruto on my completed list that bypasses it, and Shippudden that has unknown episode total!

EDIT 2: If i click on it to stop updating, it stops, but the Status still says that it will update Shippuden 109 in 5 min!

EDIT 3 I found out that if i leave it alone, Shippudden will not get updated, no mater what the status sais. I will have to manually click update otherwise it says updating in 5 min forever...
FriendlysoulFeb 22, 2008 9:43 PM
Feb 22, 2008 11:11 PM

Jul 2007
Kotori said:
url_elf said:
It doesn't work for me for some reason. Whenever the MAL Updater is running and I open MPC, then browse to open a file, it freezes when I click on the folder the episodes are in.

Yea, when I'm going to pick a file MPC freezes up. The updater was alright.
Feb 22, 2008 11:17 PM

Jul 2007
This happens because the normal Naruto is not in your currently watching list. Since there is no standard in the way subbers name the files, the program has to try a few ways to determine if the file is a match in your list; sometimes it's a complete match (after a through cleanup of the name), sometimes it's a partial match. In this case the partial match algorythms determine you are most probably watching Naruto Shippuden, since a very close match is found in your current list (this happens only after a normal match fails). (Alternate names are also checked)

The outcome is mostly beneficial: many more titles are recognized properly, at the expense that if you watch something NOT in your list, it might be confused with something that is (you are suposed to be using the updater for the currently watching anime).

The name staying as "updating" however is a different issue, I will check this up. (Note that status messages have a changing span of 0-10 seconds).

About edit3: once you click stop, it will not update that anime/ep at all until you watch something else or any updates take place.

Thanks for your feedback :)
KotoriFeb 23, 2008 1:35 AM
Feb 22, 2008 11:20 PM

Jul 2007
url_elf said:
Kotori said:
url_elf said:

Hmm that has nothing to do with the updater though, it doesn't interact with it all (the updater uses a few system libraries but never interacts directly with MPC)
Feb 24, 2008 12:28 AM

Jul 2007
Kotori said:
url_elf said:
Kotori said:
url_elf said:

Hmm that has nothing to do with the updater though, it doesn't interact with it all (the updater uses a few system libraries but never interacts directly with MPC)

Oh, then I guess my computer just sucks or something? XD
Feb 24, 2008 7:54 AM

Dec 2007
Im watching now Samurai Deeper Kyo but I got "media not found in yout list", I have SDK on currently watching list so the problem is files name, right? Files name is samurai-deeper-kyo10.rmvb
Feb 24, 2008 8:48 AM

Jan 2008
1. So the name has to match exactly? Lately my updates don't seem to be happening even if I watch 90% of the episode with a delay of 10 minutes.
When do the updates take place--immediately after the delay, or after I stop watching the episode as long as I watched it for at least 10 minutes?
2. I just started watching Kirepapa which has Unknown for # of episodes on the anime page, and I've watched 1 episode, but my MAL Updater window shows I've watched 1/11. (Manga shows 2 volumes total)

Feb 24, 2008 10:23 AM

Jul 2007
animedreamer said:
1. So the name has to match exactly? Lately my updates don't seem to be happening even if I watch 90% of the episode with a delay of 10 minutes.
When do the updates take place--immediately after the delay, or after I stop watching the episode as long as I watched it for at least 10 minutes?
2. I just started watching Kirepapa which has Unknown for # of episodes on the anime page, and I've watched 1 episode, but my MAL Updater window shows I've watched 1/11. (Manga shows 2 volumes total)

The name has to match at least partially. For the filename is the only way to recognize what anime it is. The updates take place immediately after the timer/delay is over. Or after 0-10 seconds into watching when you disable the delay.

For shows with an unknown number of total episodes, the total shown by the Updater is currently watched episodes plus 10.
Feb 24, 2008 11:12 AM

Jul 2007
Ledoke said:
Im watching now Samurai Deeper Kyo but I got "media not found in yout list", I have SDK on currently watching list so the problem is files name, right? Files name is samurai-deeper-kyo10.rmvb

that filename is really bad, it should have at least some sepparation from the name and episode

can you tell me the sub group? (did you rename the original files?)
Feb 24, 2008 11:13 AM

Jul 2007
animedreamer said:

Please tell me the complete filename of an anime that fails to update so I can check
Feb 24, 2008 1:36 PM

May 2007
Sometimes I get this error and I don't know what it means:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/DragenDragonite/malerror.jpg?t=1203888865
Feb 24, 2008 1:40 PM

Feb 2007
Auto login isn't working correctly.

when I watch my anime, every half minute he says "anime will be updated in 18 minutes" wich is my setting.
but after this messege the updater logs in again, scans my mpc again and says my "in 18 minutes" update message again. and so on, endless loop...

without auto login this isn't happening.

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Feb 24, 2008 2:03 PM

Jul 2007
RyuuTenshi said:
Sometimes I get this error and I don't know what it means:

[url=http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/DragenDragonite/malerror.jpg?t=1203888865]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/DragenDragonite/malerror.jpg?t=1203888865

Please tell me more details about it. Your settings:

- theme selected
- player selected
- filename being played when the error happens
- delay settings
- any other options that are ticked on/off
Feb 24, 2008 2:05 PM

Jul 2007
Hmm
Talon said:
Auto login isn't working correctly.

when I watch my anime, every half minute he says "anime will be updated in 18 minutes" wich is my setting.
but after this messege the updater logs in again, scans my mpc again and says my "in 18 minutes" update message again. and so on, endless loop...

without auto login this isn't happening.

Thanks, didn't notice that. Wanna try a beta?
Feb 24, 2008 2:17 PM

Feb 2007
ofcouse I wanna try a beta :D

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Feb 24, 2008 2:22 PM

Dec 2007
Kotori said:
can you tell me the sub group? (did you rename the original files?)

Anime-Keep. I didnt rename it, but im sure they rename it at realitylapse becouse every file from that site is named in that pattern...

Any chance that MALU will work with files named that way in the future?
Feb 24, 2008 2:25 PM

Jul 2007
Maybe.

Can you show me more examples? Paste a few filenames from different animes
Feb 24, 2008 2:46 PM

Dec 2007
Kotori said:

gintama27.rmvb
dragonaut-the-resonance03.rmvb
tenjoutenge09.rmvb
And so on... without space between name and episode number, anime names are separated with "-" or left without spaces.
Feb 24, 2008 2:47 PM

Jul 2007
atlantiza said:
Having trouble manually updating in the beta. When I press "Update Episodes" it stays clicked/greyed/whatever forever and never actually updates.

Still having this problem in v1.05

Feb 24, 2008 3:00 PM

Jul 2007
Do you have any player on when it happens? can you try without any running?
Feb 24, 2008 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
Ledoke said:
Kotori said:

gintama27.rmvb
tenjoutenge09.rmvb
And so on... without space between name and episode number, anime names are separated with "-" or left without spaces.

Are they all in real media? (rmvb)
Feb 24, 2008 3:02 PM

Jul 2007
I got a fix in mind, probably included in the next version
Feb 24, 2008 3:15 PM

Jan 2008
Mire said:
animedreamer said:

The name has to match at least partially. For the filename is the only way to recognize what anime it is. The updates take place immediately after the timer/delay is over. Or after 0-10 seconds into watching when you disable the delay.

For shows with an unknown number of total episodes, the total shown by the Updater is currently watched episodes plus 10.

So if I'm watching an episode and the pop up reminding me that it will update in 10 minutes comes up, and as I keep watching, and I see the pop-up again: if at some point later I stop watching, will the update happen when I stop watching or 10 minutes after the last time I saw one of those pop-ups? Should I even get a pop-up more than once? What if I rewind during the episode to watch a scene again, or pause it, (without completely stopping it) does that affect it? And what happens if I immediately start watching another episode/series even if I got an update popup less than 10 minutes ago (mine is set at 10 minutes)?

Feb 24, 2008 3:19 PM

Jan 2008
Mire said:

I suppose that's reasonable for most shows but this is an OVA so it's a little extreme but I guess I can live with it.

Feb 24, 2008 3:23 PM

Dec 2007
Kotori said:

Yup, they are all rmvb. There are avi files too on that site but they have orginal names from sub groups.
Feb 24, 2008 3:46 PM

Jul 2007
Kotori said:

I only use Media Player Classic, but I've tried it without it open already.

Feb 24, 2008 3:58 PM

Jul 2007
animedreamer said:

So if I'm watching an episode and the pop up reminding me that it will update in 10 minutes comes up, and as I keep watching, and I see the pop-up again: if at some point later I stop watching, will the update happen when I stop watching or 10 minutes after the last time I saw one of those pop-ups? Should I even get a pop-up more than once? What if I rewind during the episode to watch a scene again, or pause it, (without completely stopping it) does that affect it? And what happens if I immediately start watching another episode/series even if I got an update popup less than 10 minutes ago (mine is set at 10 minutes)?

If you close the player or open a different anime/episode while the timer is on, it will stop and restart with the new anime. If you rewind/pause doesn't have any effect on the timer.
Feb 24, 2008 4:02 PM

Jul 2007
atlantiza said:
Kotori said:

It's probably an annoyance, but could you try in safe mode with networking enabled?

(reboot, press F8, safe mode+networking)
Feb 24, 2008 4:08 PM

Jul 2007
Ledoke said:
Kotori said:

Yup, they are all rmvb. There are avi files too on that site but they have orginal names from sub groups.

Ok, I'm working on a fix (not just for rmvb)
Feb 24, 2008 4:48 PM

Jul 2007
Kotori said:
atlantiza said:
Kotori said:

It's probably an annoyance, but could you try in safe mode with networking enabled?

I'll try it in a minute then tell you the results.

Edit: Same thing happens.
atlantizaFeb 24, 2008 4:54 PM

Feb 24, 2008 5:07 PM

Jul 2007
Ledoke said:
Kotori said:

gintama27.rmvb
tenjoutenge09.rmvb

Please try Beta 107 http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=14135
let me know if it works now :) (it will!)
Feb 24, 2008 5:17 PM

Jul 2007
atlantiza said:
Kotori said:
atlantiza said:
Kotori said:

I'll try it in a minute then tell you the results.

Edit: Same thing happens.

Hmm I have no clue what might be the problem then, I can't reproduce it at all :(
Does it also happen updating the score?

Does the scheduler work? Set it to 1 minute or auto. then let it update an anime that plays in MPC or so
Feb 24, 2008 5:33 PM

Jul 2007
Score updating works just fine. Setting update to 1 minute works as well.

Feb 24, 2008 6:31 PM

Jul 2007
can you try auto update with no delay?
Feb 24, 2008 7:08 PM

Jul 2007
No delay works as well.

Feb 24, 2008 8:04 PM

Jul 2007
Got a little problem with a file not detected

[Shinsen-Subs]_D.C._II_Da_Capo_II_-_13_[F8147DDE].avi

I am currently using Winamp.

Just a question, are u planning someday to add a function that auto-add new anime viewed on my anime list ?

Very nice work anyway and to help you in your hard work, i ll tell you the sentence i just heard from my girlfriend :

"Is it going to update even if i am watching a DVD on TV ??"

... damn ...
Feb 24, 2008 9:39 PM

Jul 2007
Checking...

to add new anime anime viewed.. I could maybe add a button to search in MAL for an anime not found in your list

as for your gf's question, the answer is yes, but you need this extra accesory

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=10787
Feb 25, 2008 12:07 AM

Jul 2007
winamp problem fixed, included for the next release 108+
Feb 25, 2008 5:32 AM

Dec 2007
Kotori said:
let me know if it works now :) (it will!)

It works ;)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (106) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 2:05 PM

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 1:58 PM

» How Does This Thing Work And How Do I Set It Up

ahmed0112 - Jun 14, 2020

2 by Lion3MAL »»
Mar 14, 2022 6:52 PM

» Where is the "theme" folder located?

Legends_of_anime - Jan 13, 2021

1 by TimidSquid »»
Feb 3, 2021 9:22 AM

» Recognition problems: post here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kotori - Jul 30, 2009

377 by hacker09 »»
Aug 8, 2020 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.