Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2015 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, I think those two twin witches are cute this episode.

This was more lighthearted and felt more calm for an episode. I find it amusing at how much the girls are having fun at observing the stars although I have to admit that some of them does look amazing. The magical content was fluid on most terms with quite a serene imagery. If there's anything, this series does universal fiction well.

And the artwork too:

Nanako is awesome.
May 27, 2015 11:18 AM

Nov 2007
The main girl and the boy are in good terms now, but different way. lol @ "Powa~m". The girl who can talk to the alien creature volunteered to go to search the fragment faraway while the copy (the alien creature) and rest are staying. It seems like the father is trying to be nice to her because the mood is awkward with the girl not talking too much at all.

Her parents divorced and she became "witch" and found that alien creature. Oh, so it's her who named it "Pleiades Seijin". She was able to arrive to the fragment faraway, but it took a while to contact everyone else. They got the fragment somehow with involving the enemy (not much action). They are back to her b-day.

School Festival soon and planetarium next.
tsubasaloverMay 27, 2015 11:49 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 27, 2015 1:01 PM

Jul 2014
I think I can safely say that Nanako is now my favourite girl from the cast thanks to this episode with her back story and everything. It wasn't anything extravagant, but it was well done and enjoyable to watch, and that's all that I could ever ask from this show. Also, this episode was one of the first times that I've actually heard Nanako speak for herself rather than constantly translating for the president; it's pretty cool how she puts on different voices for herself and the president.

Only thing bothering me with this now is the villain. He's really not doing an awful lot other than appearing out of nowhere and then failing hopelessly to get the fragment. They really need to change that formula a little before it really starts to get stale.
May 27, 2015 1:34 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
About time Nanako got the spotlight, and I'm compelled say that she's now in competition with Hikaru for the best girl spot. Her short backstory of being lonely since childhood was kind of sad, but nice seeing her cheering up a bit after she discovered that alien.

The (alien) President standing in for Nanako was hilarious! Those preset phrases somehow suited her character just fine.

Minato continues to be an ineffective villain as usual. How does he always manage to appear where the girls happen to be in the first place? Even when he goes for the offense, he promptly pulls back. At this point, he's the weakest link of this show. Major shame since he used to be quite an epic character.

Anyways, decent episode. Good to see Nanako receiving her birthday present sent by her little brother at the end.

May 27, 2015 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
It was nice to see a short back-story of Nanako of being lonely since childhood, it was kind of sad!
May 27, 2015 2:05 PM

Aug 2013
With this Nanako-centric episode, that wraps up this series of individually character focused mini-arcs.

The premise of this one was quite neat utilizing time dilation, but I wish the characters did not just jump back three months in time.
May 27, 2015 2:07 PM

Jul 2010
Glad to see Nanako wanting to return on the same day she left. But really, to give up the 100 days, even if it only seemed like 10 days to her, it was sad see her like that.

It was nice how the president's form was something Nanako and her brother made up, almost as if her brother is right by her side (plus the gift at the end).

The new star being able to shine brightly and be noticed... this was a good episode. This anime makes me think how clueless I am with astronomy, sigh...
May 27, 2015 6:30 PM

Jun 2013
This was a really cute and sweet episode :) Probably best one so far ^^
May 27, 2015 6:40 PM

Oct 2012
All about Nanako
May 27, 2015 7:17 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was quite nice with Nanako as the main focus :3

May 27, 2015 7:32 PM

May 2010
Whoa the physics in this episode was quite romantic

Traveling close to light speed causing time dilation, the view from the moving observer being different, the light from the new star formed from a lonely unknown planet reaching earth and being visible only after 3 months!

Physics best science!
May 27, 2015 7:52 PM

Jul 2013
Ha! Gainax, I’m surprised that even in your long, slow decline that you retained your love of the inside joke! I was so delighted to see your homage to one of my all time favorite series: Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster from the 80s – Gainax in its glory days!

Elapsed time display from Buster Machine 1 in Episode 5:
DarkShinyAngelMay 27, 2015 7:59 PM
May 27, 2015 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
Best episode of this series.

My problem is the characters lack depth and development.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
May 27, 2015 10:22 PM

Nov 2012
such a good episode! i really might like nanako the most from the girls.
and now that each of the girls got their episode i'm excited for the plot to move forward!
May 28, 2015 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
Really an episode full of "po-warm", pleasant narration and also interesting.
Finally we discover something about the character of Nanako and thus on history. Pleasant drawings, cute soundtrack. For better or for worse, this series is pleasant to follow.

Loli-Sazanami said:
My problem is the characters lack depth and development.

I agree, but in this episode, the character of Nanako, the authors, have not skimped on its characterization. Maybe they should give more space to the characters in terms of depth of character, as well as to advance the story.
May 28, 2015 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
cute episode as always
May 28, 2015 11:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I don't know, but this episode really drew me in. Maybe cause i always liked Nanako more than the others.
May 28, 2015 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
Cute ep!
We really haven't heard Nanako speak more than a few lines before this, so it's a nice change.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 28, 2015 9:33 PM

Aug 2008
reeeb said:
Best episode so far imo. Nanako was the most intresting character since the beginning, for me. I was waiting to see an episode about her, finally seeing more of her own personality, since it was the president using her to speak mostly times

And another beautiful artwork as always. This show's art is one of the best points

Yeah, I liked it how they perfectly and soundly explain the quirky way the President speaks through Nanako seem totally acceptable now! I always found it cute, but this episode actually makes it make sense.

Besides the superb character development Nanako received, the science in this episode was really romantic and detailed. Made me smile all throughout it :)
May 30, 2015 1:32 PM

Apr 2014
everyone impressed by the story and I'm impressed that they science in this is accurate
May 31, 2015 1:16 PM

Nov 2014
Moodie said:
everyone impressed by the story and I'm impressed that they science in this is accurate

There not so much science in it, so it not a big deal to them

Anyway episode was as sweet as always. As for me, i like the most 2 moments - Subaru with Minato, and the moment of discovering new platen. That was so exciting
Jun 4, 2015 3:15 PM

Dec 2012
I really like these character building, slice of life episodes. Nanako piqued my interests with her constant Pleiadien translating but also kept her a mystery so it was nice to finally get her personality in the mix. I could touch base on some of her feelings and I like how they emphasized the idea that despite the times when you're alone, the memories you have of when you were with someone still remain.

On another note, it was hilarious how Nanako would speak for the alien guy when talking to herself.
Jun 20, 2015 11:25 AM

Nov 2011
BEST EP YET

Nanako THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
She looks like a Disgaea character
AND she's the reason the jellyfish president looks the way it does

Nanako for President
#freedom

THE SNOW WAS BEAUTIFUL IN THIS EPISODE
It WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE to have a normal slice-of-life version of this show instead of space shoujo.
Jun 20, 2015 6:59 PM
Mar 2012
OST from 10:20, voice & guitar is so soothing, perfect for a lonely roadtrip through space, and it ends on the snow scene. Nice relativity. Beautiful new planet Apate. Nanako clone was quite funny. It'd be nice if backstory included why only Nanako could understand Pleiades seijin.
Jul 11, 2015 1:25 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode. Nice to see Nanako's background.
Jul 16, 2015 4:08 PM

May 2012
One of the better episodes, quite liked that little backstory as well! Let's see what's next.
Sep 6, 2015 9:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Nanako's backstory was one of the best imo.
Her childhood was so sad but the way she hugged the jelly president was so full emotion.

Go Nanako.

Poor HC, he's getting beaten very easily.

Sep 7, 2017 9:09 AM

Dec 2012
Po-warm.
Dat shape shift.
Dat intermission art.
Dat family split.
Demon Lord is back.
Dat birthday present.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 22, 2019 2:05 PM
Dec 2012
Huh? Did they just forget about Pluto? I know Pluto was declared as not a planet, but I'm sad.

R.I.P. Pluto

More topics from this board

» Subaru and Minato

Ghefira - Apr 18, 2023

2 by Yusronyusron »»
Apr 18, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2015

94 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 2, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2015

65 by HaganeNoTema »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

44 by Wary_Wolf »»
Nov 13, 2018 1:20 AM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2015

41 by Wary_Wolf »»
Nov 10, 2018 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.