Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2015 9:34 AM

Aug 2014
Yukinoin said:
laidellent said:
Watch better anime

the show was a good ride imo, but it really wasnt that good. dont think to hard and youll be fine

Eh it was decent I guess.
May 27, 2015 9:47 AM

Mar 2012
Is this Babby`s 1st anime?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
May 27, 2015 10:23 AM
May 2014
the only anime that make me depressed for 4 days was code geass
i didnt feel anything after i finished mirrai nikki
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
May 27, 2015 12:42 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty shit show. Had some mindless entertainment moments, but is extremely forgettable, nothing to get depressed over.
May 27, 2015 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
DrCoppelius said:
Comic_Sans said:
Watch Nana, I'm sure that'll make you more than ''depressed''

Nana made me so depressed I didn't have the heart to finish it. And yet I loved what I saw of it.
I see you're still at 38/47. It gets slightly better later on
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 27, 2015 12:50 PM

Nov 2014
Yeah i once felt bad after finishing an anime :(. When i finish a series that i loved with a sad ending i find it beautiful though.

It seems there's another ending after the series, with better stuff happening, you should maybe try to watch it ? c:

(On a side note, Texhnolyze was amazing but also depressing x)
May 27, 2015 12:51 PM

Nov 2014
laidellent said:
Watch better anime

May 27, 2015 12:59 PM

Nov 2014
That's the episode i was talking about, you should maybe take a look to get out of your depressive state x)

http://myanimelist.net/anime/16762/Mirai_Nikki_Redial
May 27, 2015 1:20 PM
Feb 2014
Post-anime depression seems to be more likely when you're new on anime (considering you said it's your second one ever). Anyways, just go for more stuff. If you still feel like missing Gasai-chan... I don't know what to say.
May 27, 2015 1:24 PM

Apr 2015
my mind felt so heavy after watching mirrai nikki, pretty much after watching physiological anime, my mind would feel so heavy af.
but then I watched refreshing anime such as comedy/SoL. then the heaviness just gone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2015 1:25 PM
Feb 2014
emotionless_ said:
my mind felt so heavy after watching mirrai nikki, pretty much after watching physiological anime, my mind would feel so heavy af.
but then I watched refreshing anime such as comedy/SoL. then the heaviness just gone.

Logical from an person using "emotionless_" as username.
May 27, 2015 1:46 PM

Mar 2014
Loli-Sazanami said:
Is this Babby`s 1st anime?
Take a guess
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 27, 2015 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
leave this poor child alone
May 27, 2015 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Comic_Sans said:
DrCoppelius said:

Nana made me so depressed I didn't have the heart to finish it. And yet I loved what I saw of it.
I see you're still at 38/47. It gets slightly better later on

Hmm, good to know. I might try finishing it sometimes in the next few months, I've been wanting to finish my dropped stuff recently.
May 27, 2015 1:53 PM

Jun 2014
Jerkhov said:
leave this poor child alone

he/she came for advice, MAL is helping them
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 27, 2015 2:24 PM

Jan 2015
Mirai Nikki was one of the few shows that made me feel such intense feelings while watching, and after it ended I had a similar feeling to you where i was left with a void. The other shows that have done this to me were Code Geass, Steins Gate, Evangelion and Eureka 7.

I would personally recommend Eureka 7 since its similar to Mirai Nikki. It has a primary focus on the romance between the two MCs and plenty of action.

Its truly a terrible feeling when an amazing story of any kind ends but you still are begging for more. Over time the feeling will subside and you will be back to normal.
May 27, 2015 4:38 PM

Mar 2014
Don't waste time with anymore anime and start reading manga.
May 27, 2015 4:44 PM

Jan 2015
Watch Natsume Yuujinchou all seasons and read the mango
And get depressed moar
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
May 28, 2015 1:32 AM
May 2015
LionCake said:
Mirai Nikki was one of the few shows that made me feel such intense feelings while watching, and after it ended I had a similar feeling to you where i was left with a void. The other shows that have done this to me were Code Geass, Steins Gate, Evangelion and Eureka 7.

I would personally recommend Eureka 7 since its similar to Mirai Nikki. It has a primary focus on the romance between the two MCs and plenty of action.

Its truly a terrible feeling when an amazing story of any kind ends but you still are begging for more. Over time the feeling will subside and you will be back to normal.

Thanks, I will have a look at this Eureka 7.
May 28, 2015 11:27 AM

Jun 2014
Lmfao at all the haters here, you people should get off your high horses and get a life instead of getting on the bandwagon hate against mainstream anime.

There's a fact that you cannot argument against, popularity DOES MEAN Quality, and there's a reason why MN is popular, hell, the real world is a proof enough of it, just look around you, although I'm sure most people here are elitists so it might be a bit hard to take a look outside their house.

The other part is you people simply say that it's bad but never properly tell us why, although we already know the answers "It has plotholes" oh yea all anime do, tell me an anime and 9/10 I'll tell you some plotholes, including Code Geass and Steins Gate (which are usually your goto anime).

Or the typical "It's badly written" yea, no. You don't know what it means to be badly written, would love to see your literature work and your qualifications that makes you such an expert analysist, just because you don't like a character doesn't mean that it's badly written.

@OP, disregard most people in this thread, you'll get used to them once you watch more anime, unless you watch the not-so-famous anime of their choice you'll get trashed on, most of which are average anime at best.

I also got extremely strong PADS from Mirai Nikki, although it was far from being my first anime, even now, after the 50-60 entry mark (probably more since I haven't added ovas and shit) MN still remains one of my favorites and never had such a strong pads as I got with MN.

Simply endure it and it will eventually go away, took me like a week or two.
Sep 22, 2015 3:23 PM
Sep 2015
Im suffering so bad with this after watching Mirai Nikki and nothing helps me, I got 10 episodes in Sword Art Online, 5 into Steins Gate and 7 into Death Note but none of it helped me forget about Mirai Nikki. It is all that's been on my mind for weeks now.
PhantomhiveTrashSep 22, 2015 3:30 PM
Dec 18, 2015 7:30 AM

Nov 2015
It's been a long ride with Yuno. There's a lot of love and hate moments for her, but you have to admit it was sad to know Yuno's backstory. Mirai Nikki may not be the perfect story, but it does give you the feels for what they have been through. Just adding a third world to give everyone happy endings doesn't exactly cover the depressing journey that Yuki and Yuno goes through.
Dec 18, 2015 9:41 AM
Dec 2015
The only thing that helps is time.

People could give you advice saying do this or that.

but in all honestly there's really nothing you can do, and the only thing that works is time, you're going to have to suffer through it for the next 1-2 weeks.

I know exactly what you're feeling op, and it's such a shitty feeling, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it does pass.

You'll look back 1 year from now and remember how you felt and ask yourself "man why did I feel that way?"
QuicktimeeeDec 18, 2015 1:08 PM
Dec 18, 2015 9:43 AM
Mar 2015
laidellent said:
Watch better anime
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Watch Manime like Texhnolyze. The ending shits on Mirai Nikki's one.
Dec 19, 2015 3:05 AM
Dec 2015
Good to know i'm not the only one one with post future diary depression. Yeah some parts were annoying yuki is a hopeless bitch, the concept is like death note could of been set up better from the psychological angle of predicting opponents moves and countering like a chess game.

But i don't what it is with Mirai Nikki out of hundreds of series i've seen in the past this one really got me in the feels the most code geuss was the same but feel it far deeper for Mirai Nikki than anything before. It made me laugh quite a few times which is rare for anime, it annoyed me, it made me depressed, it made me happy, it kept me on the edge of my seat and i couldn't stop watching. So many emotions in 26 short episodes.

I'm glad it ended happily for some reason (I normally like twisted, psychological and dark anime like the original berserk, GITS:SC and death note) I would of really liked them to stretch out the ova to at least 3 episodes length or at least seen yuno and yuki be gods and what there life is now like. But it's over and left a hole in me, an empty void like nothing else ever has.
Jan 21, 2016 6:10 PM

Sep 2007
Well, Mirai Nikki is a dark, depressing anime for the most part. When you've spent so much time watching it, of course its mood is going to sink into you. It happens with any horror/psychological anime. It first happened to me with Elfen Lied, then again with Higurashi (to name a couple).

It's normal to feel sympathy for the characters and their situations. Giving time to let an anime sink in, and consume your emotions and memories, is par when digesting the medium.

To be honest, it's not necessarily a bad feeling. Probably half the anime I've watched has never moved me in any way. I actually appreciated my parents more after finishing this anime, so that's one good thing that came out of it. ^^

Jan 21, 2016 6:33 PM

Aug 2012
Happens with your first couple anime's. It goes away. Don't worry there are better anime's.
Jan 24, 2016 2:13 AM
Jan 2016
I really liked future diaries it was a great anime. If u want to watch another interesting anime with an ending like future diaries, minus the ova, u should watch "guilty crown". It's really good, ignore the hate probably coming my way, but I really liked it, and if u are still stuck in an anime hole which I doubt, it's been a while, you should watch highschool dxd season 1-3 it's hilarious, a mediocre plot, and fan service for days, and unlike everyone here who will probably bitch about it, it's probably one of my favorite animes, just because it's popular and there for going to be there for me as I progress as an anime fan. It will always be my fall back when I get in an anime hole.
Jan 25, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2012
Tenshi_Shura said:
Well I guess you would get depressed since this is your second anime ever. Trust me, you'll forget about all of this shit once you watch other shows. I experienced post anime depression after Angel Beats. I didn't feel like watching anime for a week then. When I started marathoning anime after anime, all those emo shit started to fade away little by little. Now I'm not even affected by it except when it's really a good anime.

^ this

I wish this thread was more about being on topic (which is a serious one) and less about shit talking the OP and Mirai Nikki.

Seriously guys, are you 12 or something? Been bullied much? To feel the need to look down on people / anime like that wow.

Anyway. It's a real issue when you watch some drama / emotional anime the first times after having watched mostly shounen/ action /adventure anime with little to no drama at all.

I "started" right off with Steins;Gate, Code Geass & Mirai Nikki (and FMA Brotherhood quickly after) in my first anime month after years of mindless shounen and oh boy the emotional ride was real. (and unexpected)

I would be left with 3-4 days of feeling empty, sad and in withdrawal about the latest anime I'd watched.

Now I barely feel anything anymore and just move on to the next one on my plan to watch list lol. (especially if I don't like it that much, but even when I DO like an anime (which has been less and less often since I started by the top ones) I barely feel a withdrawal afterwards anymore).

So no, it has nothing to do with "watching better anime" or Mirai Nikki in itself but more about the impact it has on people with little experience in the drama / emotional anime department (even though Mirai Nikki isn't the "worse" in that category, it still DOES leave an impact in the anime newcomers).

Jan 25, 2016 10:25 AM

Aug 2012
ModeratelyHuman said:

And here is the second thoughtful post that isn't shit talking the OP or Mirai Nikki. Good job :)

And I agree on this. Neon Genesis Evangelion also left me in a weird state, but not for so long (mainly because of the final mindfuck lol).

I went and marathoned Mirai Nikki's manga to read the 'complete' ending since anime was partially lacking (imo, which is partly why I was left in an empty state after completing it), and there was also Mirai Nikki Redial. In hindsight, this anime wasn't THAT good, but it's a nice one for anime beginners. Better than 80% of the trash ecchi/slice of life they produce each year for sure.

After that I went straight into Deadman Wonderland (the manga) after Mirai Nikki as suggested by many people for the similarities, but sadly the mangaka went on hiatus for like one year when I read it so I never got to complete it (I don't care about it anymore).

Mirai Nikki's author also made a new manga, called Big Order, which is averagely decent (so far, from what I was reading, not sure how it went on, I dropped it) with obviously similar art style AND characters as in Mirai Nikki. So maybe OP (or anybody passing by here who's seeking for REAL advice and not shit talking) would want to try it out as well.

Feb 10, 2016 12:27 PM

Dec 2014
I was bummed when GITS SAC was over. The way it ends was kind of depressing. But the GITS SAC 2nd Gig came out and I was happy again. Until it ended. Then I found myself wishing I lived in that world. I'm old enough to be most of your parents so I don't fantasize about stuff like that normally. Realizing I will never have a cyberbrain, I found myself depressed again.

Steins Gate also left me sad when it was over. Not that it was such a bad ending but because I grew to really like and care about most the characters. When a certain someone is shot I actually yelled Oh No out loud and tears almost fell. When it was over, I felt an emptyness like when I was a kid and a good friend is moving far enough away that you know you will never see them again.
flyineyeFeb 10, 2016 12:41 PM
Apr 1, 2016 11:45 PM
Oct 2014
Ic, i think i can understand u.
Since i think ive also feel depressed,awful,worst after reading nana hook manga.
Guess im gonna hang for a while in this thread, to see if theres cure.

Would u tell me what u mean by OP?.
I only know One Piece by its abbreviation, but its not that right
dixie89Apr 2, 2016 12:00 AM
Dec 9, 2017 6:13 AM
Dec 2017
Me too.. after I watch an anime I feel very depressed... especially by Mirai Nikki.. the end was so short. They couldve shown how they got married and got kids.. and also how they watched the stars. The scene when Yuno did suicide and while they were kissing was just too painful to watch.. it felt like my emotions were out of control or were being sucked out of me.. and also, when a anime ends you should make an end where you can imagine their future and that everything wil go well. The way they did on Mirai Nikki wasnt right because we dont know how yukiteru and yuno will watch the stars and in witch world.. and after that, what will happen to yukiteru? Because hes a god now and if he leaves his world, the world itself gets destroyed... *the reason why I get depressed after watching an anime is because in the end if not everything is explained and shown, its like their future were been erased and that they jist dissapeard without any more episodes... ive been depressed very bad and I cant eat, I got 5 tests for over 3 days and I dont know how to fix that because I also cant study because im so depressed.. This was my story about me and my feelings over anime and mirai nikki. If you wanna speak to me privately, find me on Instagram : my name is hdoguzhan.
Sep 23, 2018 8:09 AM
Jul 2017
Watch the OVA guaranteed it will make you feel better!! The last episode was such a dead end in my opinion.... The OVA saved the series
Nov 11, 2019 7:46 AM

Oct 2019
Jousuke said:
you should watch boku no pico or Nami those make you happy
haha true😞😞

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 11, 2012

265 by Wiziliz »»
May 9, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

306 by Wiziliz »»
May 8, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2012

681 by Bruh69XD »»
May 7, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 25, 2011

198 by Wiziliz »»
May 4, 6:55 AM

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Apr 22

23 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.