Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 26, 2015 11:04 PM

Nov 2014
way too hot ↓

Does Sarushima french kiss everyone? is that why itou was blushing?

This eps is okay...in my opinion, they cut out wayyy too many scenes (including the Yamada and Miyamura kissing scene!!!)

Scherezade said:
I dunno, most of you seem to have read/watched another adaptation so you know what it's supposed to be like... but this whole casual kissing thing has kind of gone from 'an interesting concept' into 'a borderline ecchi anime'.

Plus, I've sort of lost the point of where everything is going. Why try so hard to find these witches when you've got an interesting cast of characters already around you... This episode lacked the depth and humor the other episodes had going for it.

idk man

go read the manga man...the anime rushed things so of course you would get confused
ttcchenMay 26, 2015 11:21 PM
May 27, 2015 1:33 AM

Nov 2011
Extremely rushed, guess we can forget some development for the witches cause it seems it's gonna be one witch per ep and then she's forgotten.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 27, 2015 2:53 AM

Dec 2013
Zee530 said:
Extremely rushed, guess we can forget some development for the witches cause it seems it's gonna be one witch per ep and then she's forgotten.

This is the biggest problem so far in this adaptation.
May 27, 2015 5:34 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode, Sarushima's power is kinda cool. I didn't expect the green hair dude to be a part of the supernatural club, maybe I just missed him in the OP. Looking forward to the next witch .

LoneWizard said:
I am still mad because they skipped Odagiri's Boobs...It was an important PLOT point and was a chapter's name...I cri everytym...

After reading this, I'm now thinking that maybe I should read the manga instead.
May 27, 2015 5:54 AM

Jan 2014
--------------- said:
LoneWizard said:
I am still mad because they skipped Odagiri's Boobs...It was an important PLOT point and was a chapter's name...I cri everytym...

After reading this, I'm now thinking that maybe I should read the manga instead.
Thats exactly what i did last week :I
May 27, 2015 5:58 AM

Dec 2014
LoneWizard said:
--------------- said:

Are you updated with the manga now? Are there a lot of omitted scenes in the anime?
May 27, 2015 6:05 AM

Jan 2014
--------------- said:
LoneWizard said:

Are you updated with the manga now? Are there a lot of omitted scenes in the anime?
I read up to the point where anime will end...I can say that this is the most rushed adaptation you can get without changing the script...They didnt go anime original&stuff but they skipped like "Half" of the manga content...
May 27, 2015 6:15 AM

Dec 2014
LoneWizard said:
I read up to the point where anime will end...I can say that this is the most rushed adaptation you can get without changing the script...They didnt go anime original&stuff but they skipped like "Half" of the manga content...

Thanks, maybe I'll try reading the manga soon when I'm not busy.
May 27, 2015 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Jonesy974 said:
So lets see...Sarushima:
- is hot as fuck
- apparently wears thongs
- goes straight for the French kiss
- had no problem kissing Itou to the point where she erotic, tired face

Looks like someone is throwing down the gauntlet to be the best girl here. Goddamn. If Urara didn't have such great moments and good chemistry with Yamada, I wouldn't even hesitate to make Sarushima best girl.

These past few episodes have felt a little short though. Squeezing a girls entire arc into 1 episode. I mean, I get that they only have 12 episodes, but they should've at least tried to plan for more.

Hopefully this will get a second season, since this is immensely enjoyable...haven't read the pre-order numbers though. That way all of these girls get some more screen time.

Agreed, they didn't to the Sarushima's story justice. Essentially they just shortened everything and skipped out all the trial and error that they attempted at dealing with the Future forecast. Yamada was suppose to find out about slightly changing a future Forecast after they swapped bodies by accident. The way they sped through things, it seems like they came up with all the ideas like "snap", immediately, which wasn't it. Also, they didn't do enough to play up how Tsubaki would fry his tempura every single time he got upset, without fail. The way they adapted it, I personally felt like they could have rejected him and nothing major would have happened (which wasn't the case in the manga).

Also, because they rushed things, they didn't really show just how much of an Arse that Yamada was. Shiraishi essentially told him that she didn't want to date Tsubaki, and only consented to switching bodies because Yamada and Miyamura toned it down to just going to walk around with him (so not even a date). In the end, because his plan failed and he was desperate, Yamada was willing to actually give Shiraishi to Tsubaki to save his own arse (he didn't want to be blamed for the fire), WITHOUT her consent..... And this was all before he even found out that Shiraishi had decided to take the fall for him as well (which is what the scene with her standing in front of the burning building meant).

As much as I enjoy this show, I can't help but call Yamada out for being a damn hypocrite during this part because he was willing to chuck away Shiraishi to Tsubaki just to save himself and Sarushima from taking a fall for the fire. Even the end where he got angry at Shiraishi couldn't make up for it in my mind.

I mean, if you're so willing to give a girl to someone else (without her own permission) just to save your own ass, then you don't deserve to tell that girl what she should or shouldn't do when she decided to take the fall for you and your sorry ass.

Yea that actually seems really out of character for Yamada since he either:
Gets fucked over with the short end of the stick regardless
Or takes the blame for shit/willing to do something in order to help the people he cares about.
May 27, 2015 8:43 PM

Dec 2013
I'll read the manga when I finish watching it. Thats for sure.
JohenMay 27, 2015 8:47 PM
May 28, 2015 3:56 AM

Apr 2011
I love the new guy!

May 29, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode!
Two nice characters in Sarushima and Kentaro!
The french kiss was awesome haha, Sarushima is hot!
Odagiri's fanservice <3
Can't forget Shiraishi hnnng
PhinalPhlashMay 29, 2015 11:02 AM
May 29, 2015 11:23 AM

Oct 2014
woot woot
Jun 1, 2015 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
That Itou panting.
Jun 7, 2015 11:57 PM

Jul 2012
rushed episode

and no girl kissing =(

pace picked up fast here

Jun 11, 2015 9:52 PM

May 2013
Sarushima, the fourth witch, goes for a French kiss. She can predict the future.
Yamada as Shiraishi is always entertaining. Glad Shiraishi as Yamada stepped in.
Predictable how Tsubaki gets depressed.

"Good news. I finally figured out what Sarushima Maria's power is!" Lol, Odagiri.
Thanks for the fanservice though.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 12, 2015 12:40 AM

Nov 2010
That French kiss .. best kiss of the season.
Jun 14, 2015 2:00 AM

Oct 2013
Holy shit the rushing is real. I'm so glad I put the show on hold after episode 6 and read the manga. Nothing substantial to the plot was lost, but the pacing was so fast and a lot of the events either weren't as funny or didn't make quite as much sense due to the seemingly minor stuff that was skipped. I mean, there was stuff cut here and there in the previous episodes, but none of it felt as haphazardly stitched together as this episode did.

That said, it was pretty good and the studio probably did the best they could with the time allotment they have; shame this isn't two cour.

Daaaayuyum, Maria is even hotter in the anime than she is in the manga (as every other character is). That Engrish though lmao, some of the worst Engrish I've heard since Five from ZnT.

Noa's voice sounds a lot different than I expected it. I know she's meant to be the imouto-loli type of character, but her voice is so young sounding it over-emphasizes that aspect. Can't tell if I'll like it or not based on one scene, but it's definitely different than I imagined. I really hope Noa's arc isn't ruined (read as: crammed into a single episode) because she is definitely the best.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 27, 2015 12:22 AM

Apr 2014
pacing so fast i thought i missed an episode in between
Jun 30, 2015 6:22 PM

Jul 2008
The changing-the-future stuff seemed kind of unnecessarily convoluted. Why couldn't everyone just...go home after school? It might have been the pacing, but it seemed like there was a really simple solution lol.

Either way, I'm still enjoying this show a lot. It really makes me want to read the manga.
Jul 1, 2015 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
First episode that in some ways I did not like, the adaptation is different from the manga in the first part, the second phase a little silly narratively speaking. Now with the end of this episode begins the part of manga that I have not read it yet, but the thing that surprises me is that the new character is introduced, it reminds me one of the stars of Robotic Notes, only the witch here has blue hair. Drawings and animations sufficient on the whole, not bad given the comedy.

The character of Sarushima is especially interesting because I like his voice and, of course, because it has pink hair but not a psychopath.

ShimizuKazuma said:
Pink hair is always best

I agree ! ;)
Jul 2, 2015 11:02 PM

Jan 2011
Again one of the girls is shortchanged because of the rushed pace. This will end up being a slightly better than average show when it could have been an outstanding one, if things continue on this path. One thing it will do though, since the other girls are being nerfed in the character development. It probably is going to focus more on Shiraishi as the main girl and nerf the harem aspect as well.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 15, 2015 3:12 PM

May 2010
I like Maria, glad to see her. That french kiss was hot.

"Sorry Yamada, I am devoted to Shiraishi." "Don't mind." lmao.

I just can't take Yamada-in-Shiraishi's-body seriously lol.

This episode was so rushed, even the over-the-top facade, this anime puts up (for good) couldn't save it. This is one of my favorite arcs in the manga, it totally needed at least 2 episodes.

"Please TEMPOORA!" Aesthetics.
Jul 21, 2015 11:00 AM

Dec 2014
That felt incredibly rushed, it wasn't as funny or engaging as the others, but enjoyable nonetheless
Jul 25, 2015 2:55 PM

May 2012
Fun and quite cute development :3 let's see what's next.
Jul 31, 2015 3:37 AM

Sep 2014
sarushima best babes ever !
Aug 4, 2015 1:13 PM

Sep 2014
Sarushima is so cute! <3 <3
Aug 5, 2015 7:09 PM

Jun 2014
This episode felt super rushed. There was a LOT happening in just one episode.

I havent read the manga, so IDK whats supposed to happen. But I can feel that there was a lot that was glossed over.

And at the end, Main girl was sad when Yamada thanked her because it means he valued his image over her safety.

When he got mad at her it showed her that he was worried about her and cared about her.

I thought that was really sweet.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 13, 2015 2:14 AM

Jan 2014
How does a witch's power work anyway? I thought I knew but this episode confused me.

I refer to the scene where Sarushima told Yamada she knew about the other witches because she kissed Ito. Now I know the members of the Supernatural Club switched bodies with one another before thanks to Yamada's Copy ability, but I thought Yamada had to be the one to do it?

So why would Sarushima kissing Ito reveal anything?
Aug 18, 2015 10:31 AM
May 2012
Just how fucking lucky a guy could get. I swear, Yamada.
New dude is cool.
Aug 19, 2015 5:18 PM

Sep 2013
So sarushima and tsubaki kissed so she saw a future which would occur many months later, but all others saw a near future??

Sarushima and tsubaki had a one-time only, but she's much experienced as to daze Ito..she's a hot gal.
Oct 23, 2015 11:39 AM

May 2014
The fact that the adaptation is rushed is not as bad as I initially thought. It does a very good job of keeping you fired up the whole episode.
The anime basically excludes the cliffhanger from the end of each chapter and mashes all the plot of an arc is as less episodes as posible. Although I it might be hard to process this amount of information, as a manga reader I find it very entertaining.
Nov 18, 2015 6:52 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Sarushima has game. Something Urara can't do and that's french kiss Yamada. Now we can say Sarushima has her way of kissing Yamada.

Miyamura grabbing Sarushima's purple panty xD

She has a fine body, and great legs, as shown when she was sleeping.

For a second I thought Tsubaki was the blonde guy from the game arcade and then it turns out it was the blue/green dude lol

And lol at Odagiri's clothes becoming revealing. I'd be laughing if there's a witch with invisible powers who's been messing with Odagiri's clothes xD

Jan 8, 2016 9:16 PM

Oct 2011
God, how I hate this adaption. It's so fucking rushed, so many things were skipped and I still don't understand why they fucking change the way people do things.
Like, in the manga it was Miyamura who wanted to break in. Why does the anime always have to protray Yamada as the guy who does these bad things? He isn't as bad as that at all and acts pretty decent in the manga most of the time.

Also, they showed only one Yamada x Maria kiss :(
The other one had the best reaction
RiukixDJan 8, 2016 9:21 PM
Apr 12, 2016 2:02 AM

Mar 2014
The Ability of Premonition .. is not that easy to handle if that's what you think .
The jokes are keeping me accompanied ~ . And ofcourse the intimacy too <3 !!
The story is a bit puzzling though . It wouldn't be that good if it isn't ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2016 3:15 AM

Jul 2013
Lol this new guy fries tempura whenever he's upset hahaha dammit. Also about the new chick.. she's I dunno.. basic I guess. Nothing about her that I've never seen before but what's up with Nene in this episode?
Aug 21, 2016 4:25 AM
Apr 2013
PoLoBreak said:
Hang on, how exactly did Shiraishi switching body with Yamada in front of Tsubaki near the end help take the blame from Yamada? If yamada said no to tsubaki and appear in front of the scene of fire while in the body of shiraishi she would've been blamed anyway. But of course yamada wouldn't allow that and was going to accept tsubaki's confession as shiraishi, which would've prevented the incident as he wouldn't get depressed. AND then they could explain everything to tsubaki.
The logic in the shiraishi's actions seemed flawed, anyone care to explain?

Also, what was Sarushima's wish? Since all witches get their power through their yearning of something as explained from last episode. The power to know what the future with someone they love/kiss is like? They don't flesh out her character at all to support that reason. Her relationship with tsubaki also seemed pretty strange and glossed over.

i had to rewatch that scene for a few times, but here is my theory :

While accepting his confession would have prevented the fire, Shiraishi did not want Yamada in her body to accept Tsubaki's confession so she force switches with Yamada to get back into her body and to properly reject tsubaki. With Tsubaki depressed, the building will catch fire, and they will probably be all afraid and run away, while shiraishi will purposely remain behind to take the rep for Yamada (because she likes him?? :S) <-- just my theory, it`s really hard to make sense of all these with the rushed pacing, i m gonna go read the manga now to see if there are better explanations, anyone with better explanations please come forth!!

Additional things to ponder : Why the hell did sarushima kiss tsubaki?! indeed they glossed over by saying they are just friends or some shit? do frens even FRENCH KISS? lol
Jun 7, 2017 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
An alright episode, I wished there was more fanservice :P
Jun 17, 2017 9:31 PM

May 2015
I know the main focus of this work is the kissing thingy and I know having multiple characters kiss more than once isn’t done with any malicious intent after all is for comedy purposes and I get that but because the kiss thing is overly used in my opinion... that diminish the romantic aspect of this anime… I don’t know how to explain it, but to me it felt like that magical moment is lost in the moment because the main MC has kissed before that tender moment a lot of people… but hey that is just me… glad they prevented the fire.
Roy_FockerJun 17, 2017 9:56 PM
Aug 27, 2017 2:17 AM

Dec 2012
The school! The school! The school is on fire! We don't need no water let the motherfocker burn!
Dat Engrish!
Pantsu. The Pantsu Side of Dimensions!
Is that a Wii?
LMAO Dat piece of cake! Dat pantsu!
lol at Ryu being the only one to get slapped. Does Nene like Ryu?
Oh, snap! Getting his Shokugeki on.
Dat punch.
LMAO at Miyabi!
Dat kiss.
Dat Engrish.
Dat oppai!
Dat slap again!

A new FT character has joined the club.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 10, 2017 1:23 AM

Jun 2016
WHEN AOI-CHAN'S CHARACTER SHOWED UP IN THE LAST SCENE I LITERALLY SCREAMED. OHMYGOD. SHE'S SO CUTE!

The gang did their best to prevent a fire starting in the old building and how the fuck did they figure out who's the other witch like what the fuck? Like how Yamada knew who's the other witch? I didn't get that part. Like how did he figure out that Maria is a witch? Dafuq?

Anyhoo, the fire which started in the old building will be a bad news for Yamada and Maria, that's why they had to stop it and the one who caused it was Tsubaki who's head over heels for Shiraishi. So, he's cooking food when he's happy or depressed or whatever and they had to prevent Tsubaki from being depressed which will be caused by Shiraishi dumping him. Pffft. At least they successfully prevented it from happening and now he's a new member of the gang.

Maria french kissed Yamada. Holy shit. Haha. Yamada, you lucky bastard. I screamed, too, when Yamada had no choice but to kiss Tsubaki to enlighten him. Lmfao.

What did Shiraishi do exactly like trying to not make Yamada the offender of the fire the reason why she forced him to switch bodies? I'm confused. Haha. How the hell on earth Yamada will be the "offender"? Because he chased Tsubaki in the building? HUUUUH?

What's up with Nene unintentionally flashing her pantsu and her oppai this episode, maaan? Hahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 19, 2018 2:59 PM

Sep 2013
I liked it. We're getting a pretty large cast at this point. I wonder if they'll find all t he witches by the final episode...and if they do, what then?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 25, 2018 10:19 AM

Sep 2012
Yamada: don't ever do something that dumb again
Yamada: weird, i wonder what she so happy about
ME: Geez ur so clueless she is happy cause u were worried about her

Maria french kissed Yamada, she is one naughty girl :D
french kiss is the only true kiss other type of kiss is just for acting, so if some1 kisses u & its not french kiss he or she isn't in to u

not saying she is bad, but something tells me that Maria is wearing a mask, pretending to be some1 else she is not, u know what i mean
Sugram22Jan 25, 2018 10:32 AM
Sep 15, 2018 11:32 AM

Apr 2009
This show really has a pacing issue.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2019 10:42 AM

Aug 2017
Sarushima did not have enough time on screen to care about her.

But we have a new hot boy in the club at least.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 2, 2020 7:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't even know why but this episode is too hilarious xD Tsubaki was so funny
Jul 18, 2020 6:04 PM

May 2017
odagiri , you know how studies are important , and its important to know what your underwear look like , its for science 🤤🤤

Also it help for sports , on night 😁
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 31, 2021 1:22 AM

May 2020
This episode did feel considerably more rushed, but I still had a lot of fun nonetheless.
Dec 12, 2021 9:49 PM

Feb 2019
Really like Sarushima. She's pretty and real attractive. Her mannerisms are cute too. If Shiraishi wasn't there, I'd ship Sarushima and Yamada. But obviously, it's got to be Shiraishi! Lots of moments between them this time around ^^

Also lol at Ito's face every time Sarushima kisses her
Feb 22, 2022 9:06 AM

May 2020
Would've preferred more Sarushima but still though was a good episode. Also seems like one more witch spotted.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

291 by Tauren64 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

121 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

159 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.