Forum Settings
Forums

Muv-Luv Alternative 'Schwarzesmarken' Anime Adaptation Announced

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 21, 2015 7:41 AM
Sep 2010
Adab1za said:
Yoshimune said that he wanted a cour for extra,a cour for unlimited, a cour for first half of Alternative and a three movies for the rest
He also said that this is unlikely to happen

It's not strange to see why this is unlikely to happen. One cour and three movies is way too much for Alternative.
May 21, 2015 7:45 AM

Jun 2008
Enema said:
Fullmetal89 said:
It's bad enough to hear Japs butcher English, it's even worse when they do it in German.
Why is that?

I guess it's because there are more things which can lead to possible mistakes...(?) I.e. unlike in English, a genus is assigned to all nouns in German and adjectives describing them change dependent on that (...and some other things). In this case, for example, the adjective and noun don't match (...among other things). This wouldn't have been a problem in English.
May 21, 2015 8:07 AM

Nov 2011
Yay !!!
May 21, 2015 8:12 AM

Mar 2014
Schwarzesmarken
I see that Japan still has a thing for Germany
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 21, 2015 8:20 AM
Apr 2015
Why can't we just get an adaption for Extra, Unlimited and Alternative (especially the latter)?

These spin offs suck ass
Alternative is easily the best VN ever (a true masterpiece) and it has potential to be a great anime (if its not butchered)

Of course Ufotable would need to do it
May 21, 2015 8:22 AM

Jun 2013
I got really excited seeing Muv-Luv, thinking it was Extra, but quickly realized that it was not what I was hoping for... granted, I'll most likely watch this one, it can't be THAT bad.
May 21, 2015 8:43 AM

Jul 2013
PoeticJustice said:
Hopefully this wont be as bad as the other muv luv anime.

That is just your opinion.

WOW eclipse is one of my favorite series and I was hoping for a 2nd season BUT Im hoping this will be similar be good as eclipse or better.

Let the countdown begin
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2015 9:20 AM
Mar 2012
Light novel PV for those interested:

May 21, 2015 9:22 AM

Apr 2011
Nice, but why not just adapt MLA -___-
May 21, 2015 1:14 PM

May 2012
Renaultclio101 said:
PoeticJustice said:

That is just your opinion.

WOW eclipse is one of my favorite series and I was hoping for a 2nd season BUT Im hoping this will be similar be good as eclipse or better.

Let the countdown begin

uhhhhh....no duh it is my opinion? I played the vns and Eclipse sucked massive cawk compared to it.
May 21, 2015 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
I will look forward to this anime.
May 21, 2015 4:24 PM

Jan 2012
I ignored this when it was first announced since I heard the Total Eclipse anime wasn't very good. But looking more into it, it seems interesting with its setting. I'd like to see the early years of fighting BETA with older technology, and from what I heard this is set around a gradually crumbling defense line. Also apparently communism and rebels.

Though I also heard the novel was disappointing. I'll check it out when it airs, but I am not gonna have my expectations too high.
May 21, 2015 4:47 PM

Aug 2013
For my waiting time. its feel like great finally...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2015 8:47 PM
May 2012
Yay more Muv-luv.
May 21, 2015 11:43 PM
Mar 2015
Huh, that's interesting. I read the light novel translations that were up on Baka-tsuki some time ago and it seemed interesting enough, so I might as well give it a try. Since this is a prequel this should probably be ok for me to watch even though I never managed to finish alternative. (My copy had a bug where it crashed at some point in one of the earlier arcs and I never bothered trying to get a new copy)
May 22, 2015 3:50 AM

Nov 2010
I heard it's better than TE and it also has a much better potential setting-wise (actual defense line compared to some random test pilot drama) so I'll watch it.

Of course I also hope this time they also have MUCH MUCH better budget and team. That is the factor which hurts TE anime most.
May 22, 2015 8:33 AM

Jun 2013
I thought this would be about The Terminator by whatever.
My signature is lame...
May 22, 2015 9:02 AM

Apr 2012
arkv said:
TheNaturalPerm said:
They should at least try to get the title right. Schwarzesmarken isn't even a fking proper german word for gods sake. They apparently don't seem to care. Just slap some random words together and call it a day.

Did you even read the description? It's their team name, it doesn't have to make grammatical sense. Your complaint is the same as if I started saying that "ThunderCats" isn't an English word and got mad about it.

Obviously, you have no idea about german...

ThunderCats or Thunder Cats is grammatically fine. Schwarzes Marken makes no sense at all.. like Thunderness Cats.

Maybe the author mean Schwarze Marken, that would be ok.. one "s" too much.
May 22, 2015 11:45 AM

Oct 2013
Fighbird said:
I heard they actually addressed the name issue in the novel, some Russian dude with bad German gave them that name. I guess Age realized their mistake.

Creative way to at least try to save face but it ruins any credibility... It's not even a spelling error which could have been overlooked in a rare/complicated word (which can happen while naming stuff even in the army) but complete nonsense. This squadron would be the laughing stock of the army...

But no surprise there. Even a lot of American multimillion dollar productions don't seem to have 50 bucks to hire a professional translator to translate correctly a dozen signs, names or titles...

Will probably watch this show to see more possibly hilarious translation fails.
May 22, 2015 1:39 PM
Jun 2011
PoeticJustice said:

The only reason the other one was horrible is simply because they focused more on the damn testing of the suits then they did the actual fighting when most people could give 2 shits about how the suits were tested etc
May 22, 2015 1:42 PM
Jun 2011
Mecasonic said:
Fighbird said:
Total Eclipse was written by original creator Yoshimune Kouki and it sucked... well, unless you're implying the original VNs sucked too. I'm not expecting too much from Schwarzesmarken but I hope it is at least decently animated. Let's hope a competent studio is in charge of this.

Yoshimune Kouki is only listed as 原作 (Original Creator) for Schwarzesmarken so I assume he is not involved with the actual writing.
And yes, I'm definitely implying that the original VNs sucked too.

Muv Luv Alt has not been topped period in rating of the VN its got a 9.27 meaning its near perfect the only thing that even comes close is steins gate at 9.02 so either you got a fucked up sense of quality or this is not your cup of tea.
May 22, 2015 1:50 PM

Dec 2014
Sounds good to me.

Looking forward to it.
May 22, 2015 5:17 PM

Feb 2012
I actually really enjoyed Total Eclipse. I'm excited for this. Maybe it will motivate me to finally finish the Muv Luv Alternative VN which I've been slacking off on forever.
LiquidGoldMay 22, 2015 5:42 PM
May 22, 2015 7:37 PM

Apr 2015
Another spin-off? Why won't they just anime one of the best VN of all time, MUV-LUV Trilogy!!!!!
#CHEXIT
May 22, 2015 10:44 PM
Jun 2011
Imeon said:
Another spin-off? Why won't they just anime one of the best VN of all time, MUV-LUV Trilogy!!!!!
its more of a prequel then a spin off
May 23, 2015 3:22 AM
Sep 2014
oh, other mecha.....great....
May 23, 2015 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
Hope this is good, if they made 24 to 26 episodes, they would cover all this series Vols.
May 23, 2015 8:37 AM
Jun 2011
ryanstrike said:
Hope this is good, if they made 24 to 26 episodes, they would cover all this series Vols.
Well considering Eclipse was 20+ Episodes and it sucked this one will probably get 12 -13
May 23, 2015 3:42 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Meh, I would obviously prefer to see the trilogy animated, but better than nothing, since I never found these LN translated, at least I can see what hell happened...
A spin off, of a spin off, great AGE, truly well done. :/
May 23, 2015 11:13 PM

Apr 2015
TaichoXD said:
Imeon said:

Never changed my mind.
#CHEXIT
May 24, 2015 12:14 AM
Jun 2011
Imeon said:
TaichoXD said:

Never changed my mind.

As for why they wont just animate the MLA VN its about the same reason SE wont remake ff7
May 26, 2015 2:39 PM

May 2011
Valaskjalf said:

Don't quote me on this, but I think I read something about the writer not wanting an adaption. It's already popular enough as it is, and he doesn't want anyone to butcher his work. And considering how VN adaptions tend to come out, I can't say I blame him. :P
May 26, 2015 9:01 PM

Apr 2011
kenshin_sama said:
Valaskjalf said:

Don't quote me on this, but I think I read something about the writer not wanting an adaption. It's already popular enough as it is, and he doesn't want anyone to butcher his work. And considering how VN adaptions tend to come out, I can't say I blame him. :P

Yeah probably.

Good news is that we get to see original MLA content...
May 26, 2015 10:34 PM
Sep 2010
Last I heard, the creator wants an anime for the VN trilogy but he wants it to be high budget TV series+2-3 movies.
May 27, 2015 6:07 AM

May 2011
You know, Bones would be a good studio to adapt the trilogy. I understand their anime lately have been a little underwhelming (unless I missed something), but they can do well when they're adapting a good source. They could certainly pull in a budget to give this a worthwhile adaption if they wanted to.
May 27, 2015 6:03 PM

Jan 2012
Fighbird said:
Last I heard, the creator wants an anime for the VN trilogy but he wants it to be high budget TV series+2-3 movies.

Kouki's dream plan (the creator) is basically like this

1 cour for Extra

1 cour for Unlimited

and 2 cours for Alternative, with three movies to end it, each focusing on the last big operations.

Might not be completely accurate, but its close enough to how he'd like to see it. Something really grand and big, suitable to Alternative's scale. It'll never happen though, unless some extraordinary miracle occurred. The chances for an adaptation of the original VNs are already slim, and a plan like this only plummets those chances even further. All we can really hope for right now is adaptations of spin-off material.
May 28, 2015 2:41 AM

Dec 2008
Can't wait for it :)

Wieeeeeeee...
May 31, 2015 12:32 AM

Nov 2014
willl be shit
kill yourself
Jun 9, 2015 5:58 PM

Jan 2011
Another light novel PV for those interested:

http://youtu.be/e_s_iZBZJWE
Jun 9, 2015 6:08 PM

Jun 2009
Koybz said:
Trilogy anime never. Although that's most likely a good thing.

Stiil would like to see someone try though. Sure it would likely be a disaster but, on the other hand if done well...we'd have an all time great.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2015 11:14 AM

Nov 2013
Schwarzesmarken scheduled for winter.
012016.ixtl.jp
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
55 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
57 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.