Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 23, 2015 9:03 AM

Aug 2010
GradationAir said:
astroprogs said:

That's between sword clashes.
UBW only played in that scene when he was facing Archer directly. All other scenes had "This Illusion" playing instead.

What's UBW? Don't recall that track in the ost.

Emiya played pretty much just after a flashback, and exactly at the moment where Shirou says 体は剣で出来ている Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru

Whoever told you it was played in middle of clashing, they're wrong.

Ah. Yeah sorry, i meant Emiya not UBW.
May 23, 2015 9:04 AM

Aug 2014
LAST STARDUST was the name of the Aimer song, btw.
astroprogs said:

What is "defeat"?
May 23, 2015 9:05 AM

Dec 2014
astroprogs said:

It WAS between sword clashes. You think Archer would stand there silently for like 10 minutes for Shirou to monologue internally?

"This Illusion" and "Defeat" were the songs playing during his thinking time.
Once he reached his conclusion he told Archer to shut up and THEN "Emiya" started playing. Right at the start of the action.

Shirou had a decent length of a flashback (rather a resolution) despite it was short in real time.

After Emiya plays, Shirou THEN says he won't lose to Archer. Definitely not in middle of clashing.

Save for Last Fight in UBW, pretty much all the scenes where Emiya played, Emiya starts after a resolution/change.

e.g. Shirou says "you keep up with me" in Nine Bullet Revolver, Saber's "You were my sheath" in stay night(II), "I am the bone of my sword" in Answer.
GradationAirMay 23, 2015 9:13 AM
May 23, 2015 9:06 AM

Oct 2014
astroprogs said:
nocorras said:
Shirou had time to think about things. I know exactly when the songs played.

It's not like it was a 5 sec break.

On one knee with a sword disappearing is not between sword clashes and he has time to think about things, tell Archer to shut up, then say his line.

It WAS between sword clashes. You think Archer would stand there silently for like 10 minutes for Shirou to monologue internally?

Once he reached his conclusion he told Archer to shut up and THEN "Emiya" started playing. Right at the start of the action.

I know when the song plays ffs (during I am the bone of my sword), I've read the scene like 100 times. There was a good minute+ of reflection and both of them saying things. It's not like the fight stopped for 10 sec, Shirou found his resolve and they start fighting. ANyway I'm done. We don't even have subs and now this is 11/10 better then VN lol.
May 23, 2015 9:07 AM

Aug 2010
Insertanamehere said:
astroprogs said:

What is "defeat"?

Another mistake on my part, that was what they named the video of the defeat scene on lparchive.
This Illusion was the one playing then.
May 23, 2015 9:07 AM

May 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:
mira-nyan said:

It's Kirei.

Ah. My bad. Lemme rephrase. It's Kotomine Kirei, the muddiest fake priest that will ever exist. We're apathetic towards him already, and he got stabbed in the end, so all's cool~

i thought kirei was so damn strong
but actually he got stabbed?
I was really shocked
His reflexes was so good in fate zero o.o
May 23, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2015
clintonmadara said:

I was really shocked

Because Lancer is still a servant and Kirei has become older(comparatively)
May 23, 2015 9:09 AM

Sep 2014
clintonmadara said:

I was really shocked

Kirei stands no chance against a Servant like Ransa. And he was thinking he was dead. Which is stupid, considering he hadn't disappeared yet :l

http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/
The sun is a deadly laser
May 23, 2015 9:10 AM

Jul 2013
clintonmadara said:

I was really shocked

He is strong but Lancer is stronger.
May 23, 2015 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
Yes, I know you can find stuff wrong with this episode if you compare each progression in the story compared to the VN - but on its own, this was great. Nothing seriously bad from my point of view, it seemed well executed.

dat Archer vs Shirou got intense
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2015 9:11 AM

Aug 2010
nocorras said:
We don't even have subs and now this is 11/10 better then VN lol.

I don't really need subs for this scene because i can understand 95% of what was said.

And you really shouldn't be upset about me saying that i kinda prefer this version over the VN's. Should i not have expressed my opinion?
May 23, 2015 9:13 AM

Dec 2014
Guilek said:
clintonmadara said:

I was really shocked

I am stronger than Lancer. This was just badly written. Still better than the VN, but clearly there needed to be more changes to have this fit with Fate/Zero. After all, it's what most people saw first before this show. Now everyone is confused. You messed up ufotable.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
May 23, 2015 9:13 AM

Mar 2015
nocorras said:
astroprogs said:

I know when the song plays ffs (during I am the bone of my sword), I've read the scene like 100 times. There was a good minute+ of reflection and both of them saying things. It's not like the fight stopped for 10 sec, Shirou found his resolve and they start fighting. ANyway I'm done. We don't even have subs and now this is 11/10 better then VN lol.

Considering we know how the scene goes, and how some of us have read this scene many times, we can take guesses as to what they're talking about. The VN had a flashback too. Only difference is his position when he starts counterattacking- on the floor or on one knee.
May 23, 2015 9:14 AM

Jul 2013
TrueKirei said:
Guilek said:

I am stronger than Lancer. This was just badly written. Still better than the VN, but clearly there needed to be more changes to have this fit with Fate/Zero. After all, it's what most people saw first before this show. Now everyone is confused. You messed up ufotable.

Lancer is dead too so for better sleeping you can say that this is double K.O :p
May 23, 2015 9:15 AM

Dec 2014
astroprogs said:
Insertanamehere said:

What is "defeat"?

Another mistake on my part, that was what they named the video of the defeat scene on lparchive.
This Illusion was the one playing then.

I really want to ask, did you even read the VN? Or did you just read from lparchive...

And I guess nobody likes Haga keita.
May 23, 2015 9:19 AM

Aug 2010
GradationAir said:

I really want to ask, did you even read the VN? Or did you just read from lparchive...

There we go...
Yes, I've read the VN to completion. I don't have the names of every OST track memorized, and some details escape my mind since i read it some time ago, so i visit lparchive to remind myself and check my facts.
May 23, 2015 9:19 AM

May 2015
Guilek said:
TrueKirei said:

Lancer is dead too so for better sleeping you can say that this is double K.O :p

but Lancer killed his own master?
I didn't know it was possible after using command seal on lancer to kill himself
May 23, 2015 9:22 AM

Sep 2014
clintonmadara said:
Guilek said:

I didn't know it was possible after using command seal on lancer to kill himself

He's already dead, tho. Still, he stabbed himself, and was dieing. He has Battle Cont, IIRC. It means he can still fight for a bit even after dieing.
May 23, 2015 9:22 AM

May 2013
Darn did that drag on... Which isn't exactly a bad thing but the execution, well...

I have no idea why they used some terrible insert song in place of Emiya, it ruined the last scenes completely. Also, the UBW and the flashbacks were really weird to say the least.

So to be honest, it was pretty good but worse than what I expected / worse than what they could have done.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
May 23, 2015 9:23 AM

Dec 2014
clintonmadara said:

More plot holes from the VN. He should have kept stabbing himself until he died instead of getting up and walking it off before attacking Kirei.
May 23, 2015 9:25 AM

May 2013
TrueKirei said:
clintonmadara said:

More plot holes from the VN. He should have kept stabbing himself until he died instead of getting up and walking it off before attacking Kirei.

TBH yeah. He should have killed himself until he died.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
May 23, 2015 9:26 AM

Dec 2014
mira-nyan said:
He's already dead, tho. Still, he stabbed himself, and was dieing. He has Battle Cont, IIRC. It means he can still fight for a bit even after dieing.

Well if we're being that literal, then the command spell should have had no effect at all on him since Cú Chulainn died hundreds of years ago.
May 23, 2015 9:27 AM

May 2013
my mirror moon translation says "allows the user to stay alive until they receive a clearly fatal blow" which gae bolg obviously is
May 23, 2015 9:31 AM

Oct 2014
astroprogs said:
nocorras said:
We don't even have subs and now this is 11/10 better then VN lol.

I don't really need subs for this scene because i can understand 95% of what was said.

And you really shouldn't be upset about me saying that i kinda prefer this version over the VN's. Should i not have expressed my opinion?

I don't care what your opinion is, it was more of the making things look worse than they were in the VN for no reason.
May 23, 2015 9:38 AM

Oct 2014
*takes a look*
*grabs popcorn*
King of Heroes, did you bring wine?
May 23, 2015 9:40 AM

May 2013
I think that it's pretty interesting pacing that Shirou vs Archer will take at least 3 episodes when some very important days(that totaled probably twice as much content) were breezed by in a single episode.
May 23, 2015 9:41 AM

Aug 2014
I like this show. Killing is in it.
May 23, 2015 9:43 AM

May 2015
Guilek said:
TrueKirei said:

TrueKirei said:
clintonmadara said:

haha..true that
I remember kotomine giving order to kill himself,not to kill his own master
that is such a big plot
But still,Poor lancer
He got stabed by himself twice
May 23, 2015 9:43 AM

Aug 2010
nocorras said:
I don't care what your opinion is, it was more of the making things look worse than they were in the VN for no reason.

I didn't do that, though. I just said that i, personally, prefer this version more. I never said that the VN version was bad or tried to make things look worse.
Regardless of what happened in the VN, regardless of Shirou reaching his conclusion in a second or a minute or longer, regardless of when did Emiya play here and there, i just felt that i liked it overall here a bit more.

Can we leave it at that?
May 23, 2015 9:45 AM

Sep 2014
nocorras said:
astroprogs said:

>VN UBW
>UFO UBW

*Nasu says they're different universes* Seriously. Do I need to shout it out loud in my sig for you plebs to get it?
May 23, 2015 9:46 AM

Feb 2015
clintonmadara said:

haha..true that
that is such a big plot
But still,Poor lancer

Both these guys are trolling.
May 23, 2015 9:48 AM

Aug 2014
clintonmadara said:

Er....yeah, so? That was his own decision.

No?
May 23, 2015 9:51 AM

Oct 2014
mira-nyan said:
nocorras said:

>VN UBW
>UFO UBW

*Nasu says they're different universes* Seriously. Do I need to shout it out loud in my sig for you plebs to get it?

Has nothing to do with what I said, n ot sure why you're bringing that up.
May 23, 2015 9:56 AM

Sep 2014
nocorras said:
mira-nyan said:

>VN UBW
>UFO UBW

than they were in the VN for no reason.

in the VN

in the VN

Totally.
May 23, 2015 9:57 AM

May 2013
mira-nyan said:
nocorras said:

than they were in the VN for no reason.

in the VN

in the VN

Totally.

Oh come on, you can't be serious with that alt universe stuff.

This is an anime adaptation of the UBW route, simple as that.
May 23, 2015 9:58 AM

Sep 2014
ijuka said:

Nasu said it, not me. You either accept it, or accept it.
May 23, 2015 9:59 AM

Aug 2014
That doesn't excuse dumb changes.
May 23, 2015 10:00 AM

May 2013
mira-nyan said:
ijuka said:

If he says an apple is an orange, the apple is still in fact an apple. You hopefully have a functioning brain. Use it.
May 23, 2015 10:03 AM

Jun 2014
where the hell you guys watching this episode? >.<

don't worry I've read this route from the VN
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 23, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Livestreams (too late now, though)
May 23, 2015 10:04 AM

Sep 2014
Insertanamehere said:
That doesn't excuse dumb changes.

>AU
>Complaining about changes.

That's like saying there isn't a world out there that has you as a Saberfag ~.~
It's just the way you look at it. Just like how plot armour doesn't exist. We just happen to be seeing a timeline in which the MC or a certain character doesn't die.

ijuka said:
mira-nyan said:

If he says an apple is an orange, the apple is still in fact an apple. You hopefully have a functioning brain. Use it.

It's his multi-verse. He can do what he wants. It came from his imagination, not ours. Unless it's entirely opinion-based, what he says or writes about his multi- verse is considered fact in it ~.~
May 23, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode.
In official french subs here, don't know if it work in every countries:
http://www.wakanim.tv/video-streaming/?Token1=MS931AcurEaYVpP1-RMIqQ&Token2=0vVbV3B0XUKH9C0UP55dnA&Id=1220
GuilekMay 23, 2015 10:09 AM
May 23, 2015 10:05 AM

Aug 2010
Lancer!! Why u so BEASTLY!!! He's just so best boy :D
The way he REKT Kirei! Saved Rin! And Owned Shinji making him piss his pants XD

The farewell in the flames looked really cool.

Shirou vs Archer was pretty damn cool!! Nice choreography. Too bad Emiya was short but the Aimer song was pretty great too ^^
Loved the Avalon part.
May 23, 2015 10:06 AM

Oct 2014
Guys... it 's obvious why they didn't use Emiya... BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUSLY RESERVED FOR NEXT EPISODE (which is called "Answer" again in plain English)! Is it that hard to comprehend? If they used it at the end of this episode, as well as in the next episode it would be "wtf they overuse Emiya sooooo much, bad directing! fuuuuuu!"

Also the short Emiya in the beginning was obviously just there to show the dramatic "oh look Shirou can fight back because he absorbs his skills! NO WAIT Archer still wrecks him, never mind..." it was a "hook to the AO audience", or "false hope" or whatever you want to call it.

Also seems Archer is regenerating prana early in the episode...

Anyway waiting for subs...
Grey-ZoneMay 23, 2015 10:09 AM
May 23, 2015 10:07 AM

Aug 2010
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Raws are out on Nyaa
May 23, 2015 10:08 AM

Jun 2014
Barion-Zara said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Raws are out on Nyaa

Figures I better learn Japanese...
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 23, 2015 10:10 AM

May 2015
I will wait for the subs patiently even though i've watched raw
nothing is better than rewatching the anime you love ^_^
May 23, 2015 10:15 AM

May 2015
Insertanamehere said:
clintonmadara said:

Er....yeah, so? That was his own decision.

No?

his own decision? That means without rule breaker also everyone can make their own decision like archer?
I thought archer was different because he's shirou
I meant the other lancer in fate/zero
May 23, 2015 10:18 AM

May 2015
laidellent said:
clintonmadara said:

haha..true that
that is such a big plot
But still,Poor lancer

Both these guys are trolling.

nope,lancer died
he's of no use to kotomine that's for sure
May 23, 2015 10:20 AM

Sep 2014
Raziel1991 said:
mira-nyan said:

ANN is gonna be a fun place today.

Looking forward to her delicious tears. She'll shed a lot of those in her delusional anti-sexism crusade as she keeps on watching series her parents shouldn't allow her to. Especially when HF comes out. It's gonna be hillarious.
Pages (29) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.