Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2015 1:45 PM

Nov 2010
Stop gaming and go make some music instead!
May 12, 2015 1:48 PM

Oct 2012
I'm not hyped at all, the only games that survive the ridiculous amount of hype that one is getting are made my Bethesda or From Software. The Witcher isn't made by them.
May 12, 2015 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
^ Filthy casual

Yes, I'm hyped. I still want to play the first Witcher before trekking this one though.
May 12, 2015 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
It's not about being casual its the truth, those are the ONLY companies that are capable of making games that live up to their hype. And From Software who make the Souls series and Bloodborne is hardly casual,
May 12, 2015 3:04 PM

Jan 2013
Democracy said:
It's not about being casual its the truth, those are the ONLY companies that are capable of making games that live up to their hype. And From Software who make the Souls series and Bloodborne is hardly casual,
The Witcher games lived up to its hype. From Software games are pretty casual.
May 12, 2015 3:13 PM

Jan 2008
Never played the any of them before but I have the game preordered for Ps4 and set to ship/arrive on release day. The only thing I know about the game is there's a lot of sex.
May 12, 2015 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
Idk why it fucking matters. Look at those game-play trailers, the game looks fucking amazing. Unlike fucking Skyrim the combat actually looks fun and gratifying.

And yeah, Souls series is no longer considered niche. Might have been the case when Demon's Souls was the only entry to the franchise, but now after the success of Dark Sous and Bloodborne; it's mainstream as fuck. Doesn't mean they're bad though. They're still great games, but sorry man, they're no longer considered to be niche titles. Now if we're talking about From Soft's mecha titles like Armored Core, Another Century's Episode, and rpgs like Enchanted Arms then yes; they are niche titles.
May 12, 2015 3:52 PM

Jan 2013
Paul said:
Never played the any of them before but I have the game preordered for Ps4 and set to ship/arrive on release day. The only thing I know about the game is there's a lot of sex.
Comeon now. This game is all about that sick dismemberment combat. The sex can go fuck itself.
May 12, 2015 4:06 PM

Jan 2008
DoctorCaim said:
Paul said:
Comeon now. This game is all about that sick dismemberment combat. The sex can go fuck itself.

Actually haven't seen any gameplay vids yet aside from what was shown on one of the trailers, might check out the reviews above but never really liked looking at reviews for games.
May 12, 2015 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
DoctorCaim said:
Democracy said:

Right because the Witcher 2 is still relevant today :/
May 12, 2015 4:27 PM

Jan 2013
Democracy said:
DoctorCaim said:

Poland's Prime Minister gave Obama a copy of the Witcher 2. You can't get any more relevant than that. Dark Souls is a micropenis compared to the gigantic schlong that is the Witcher.
May 12, 2015 4:29 PM

Apr 2013
DoctorCaim said:
Democracy said:

Poland's Prime Minister gave Obama a copy of the Witcher 2. You can't get any more relevant than that.

Idk why the dude is trying to shit on it so much. it's a great series.
May 12, 2015 4:29 PM
Feb 2014
I'm so so so hyped for it and hopefully i'll finish bloodbourne before it comes out or I won't play it lol.
May 12, 2015 4:32 PM

Feb 2008
Democracy said:
I'm not hyped at all, the only games that survive the ridiculous amount of hype that one is getting are made my Bethesda or From Software. The Witcher isn't made by them.

Are you baiting people? I like From Software, but it's kinda hard to get hyped when they keep making the same game all over again. They are no different than Call of Duty and Assassins Creed at this point, with the only difference being that From games are good. You're still playing the same game all over again though.

On the other hand, Bethesda was and always will be shit. Their games are shit on release and depend on the modding community to even be playable. At least Fallout 3/New Vegas somewhat work vanilla, but Oblivion/Skyrim are garbage undmodded. People only got hyped and enjoy Skyrim because it's "omgepic". How can someone even get hyped for Bethesda games when they are shitting all over liked franchises. Skyrim doesn't even pass as an RPG.

You seem like the kind of people that approve of Goat Simulator and Five Nights at Freddy's.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 12, 2015 4:39 PM

Apr 2013
ZetaZaku said:
Democracy said:

Are you baiting people? I like From Software, but it's kinda hard to get hyped when they keep making the same game all over again. They are no different than Call of Duty and Assassins Creed at this point, with the only difference being that From games are good. You're still playing the same game all over again though.

On the other hand, Bethesda was and always will be shit. Their games are shit on release and depend on the modding community to even be playable. At least Fallout 3/New Vegas somewhat work vanilla, but Oblivion/Skyrim are garbage undmodded. People only got hyped and enjoy Skyrim because it's "omgepic". How can someone even get hyped for Bethesda games when they are shitting all over liked franchises. Skyrim doesn't even pass as an RPG.

You seem like the kind of people that approve of Goat Simulator and Five Nights at Freddy's.

Real talk dude. I still don't understand how Oblivion and Skyrim were so succesful. I mean I get the appeal behind world building and shit but goddamn the combat is so fucking dull.
May 12, 2015 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Democracy said:

I don't see how Goat Simulator and Fine Nights at Feddys are even relevant. I never said Skyrim was an amazing game but they polish it enough that it survives the heavy marketing and uber hype people give it, plus the Elder Scrolls title also helps.. If the Witcher 3 isn't perfect it will fail because people invested in a new IP. Let's be honest most people never even HEARD of The Witcher before 3. In fact they even considered taking the 3 out of the title to not scare people of because they know not many people who own current gen consoles played 1 and 2.
May 12, 2015 4:55 PM

Feb 2008
NudeBear said:
Real talk dude. I still don't understand how Oblivion and Skyrim were so succesful. I mean I get the appeal behind world building and shit but goddamn the combat is so fucking dull.

Nowadays everybody is into Skyrim purely because of modded graphics, but god knows how it got so popular on consoles as well. At least on PC you have game changing mods like Frostfall, Wet and Cold and Requiem, which change the game a bit. But not even the mods could save the game for me. The core of Skyrim is just too awful to be fixed. Majority of the game being boring fetch quests that take you to linear and repetitive dungeons; ability to become everything, a thief, mage and fighter at the same time; casual gameplay that can't be even fixed by mods (increasing the difficulty just makes you deal less damage and take more damage) etc.

Democracy said:
I never said Skyrim was an amazing game but they polish it enough that it survives the heavy marketing and uber hype people give it, plus the Elder Scrolls title also helps.. If the Witcher 3 isn't perfect it will fail because people invested in a new IP. Let's be honest most people never even HEARD of The Witcher before 3. In fact they even considered taking the 3 out of the title to not scare people of because they know not many people who own current gen consoles played 1 and 2.

The game was never polished by Bethesda. While still being full of bugs, it was the fans that fixed most of the bugs. Kinda says a lot about a company if players have to fix bugs and release content. Bethesda doesn't even have to try and fans will eat their shit up because hey, they can just mod in stuff they want.

Not sure where you are living, but Witcher 2 is pretty popular, heard about it a lot. Haven't heard about the franchise before 2, but everyone was hyped about Witcher 3 since day one of announcement.
ZetaZakuMay 12, 2015 4:58 PM

May 12, 2015 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
@democracy A lot of people heard about the Witcher before 3. Fuckin Obama endorsed it dude.

Also, I wouldn't really say Skyrim is polished...
May 12, 2015 4:59 PM

Oct 2012
DoctorCaim said:
@democracy A lot of people heard about the Witcher before 3. Fuckin Obama endorsed it dude.

Polished enough that people still play it in 2015. Can you say that about the Witcher 2? It's gonna be the next Dragon Age Inquisition and Titanfall. People are uber hyped then after a few days "wait... this isnt that great" The Witcher honestly looks like Two Worlds to in HD
May 12, 2015 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
Democracy said:
DoctorCaim said:

Polished enough that people still play it in 2015. Can you say that about the Witcher 2? It's gonna be the next Dragon Age Inquisition and Titanfall. People are uber hyped then after a few days "wait... this isnt that great" The Witcher honestly looks like Two Worlds to in HD
Uh what. There was just a sale on the Witcher 2 earlier and people are playing it now. Fuck, I have a friend playing the Witcher 2 now. Also Skyrim isn't polished, it's buggy as shit actually. The only people who play it now are PC wankers who obsess over mods.
May 12, 2015 5:15 PM

Nov 2008
Fuck CDPR.

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=51
Platform unification exists – we have a single build, which is distributed to each one of them. The game is the same; the draw distance is the same. Minor differences result from the fact that the GPU has different parameters on different consoles, which can result in, e.g., the changes in color temperatures.
Yes, there is only one version, otherwise we wouldn’t be able to make the game in time. We would have to take it all apart, and then build it and test it on three different platforms at the same time, which is impossible to do. Therefore, we have one common basis, and then transfer it to other platforms.
[/quote]

2014 vs 2015
http://i.imgur.com/QcOH0nT.png
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=15
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=14
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=13
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=4
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=3
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=0

May 12, 2015 5:24 PM

Oct 2012
DoctorCaim said:
Democracy said:

Uh what. There was just a sale on the Witcher 2 earlier and people are playing it now. Fuck, I have a friend playing the Witcher 2 now. Also Skyrim isn't polished, it's buggy as shit actually. The only people who play it now are PC wankers who obsess over mods.

Oh wow really you have ONE friend playing the Witcher 2? Man that must mean there are TONS of people in the world playing it! It's definitely a thing! Nuns Attack was also on sale last week, so by that logic that game is also extremely popular. Buggy or not it's still one the most successful western rpg multiplataform games. The Witcher having a huge hype train and a sale of the previous game hardly puts in in the same league as other series. I hope it's successful because we need more open world rpgs like it but the people who havent bought a PS4 or XBONE because there are no decent rpgs to play on them besides Bloodborne wont buy a whole new console just to play the Witcher. They would however buy it to play the next Fallout.
May 12, 2015 5:36 PM

Feb 2008
Ezekiel said:
Fuck CDPR.

So the downgrade is real? I hope they at least lowered the system requirements in that case (which probably won't happen but oh well).

May 12, 2015 5:53 PM

Aug 2014
Already and such a big backlog. It would be irresponsible to buy more games right now lol
May 12, 2015 5:53 PM

Jan 2013
Democracy said:
DoctorCaim said:

Oh wow really you have ONE friend playing the Witcher 2? Man that must mean there are TONS of people in the world playing it! It's definitely a thing! Nuns Attack was also on sale last week, so by that logic that game is also extremely popular. Buggy or not it's still one the most successful western rpg multiplataform games. The Witcher having a huge hype train and a sale of the previous game hardly puts in in the same league as other series. I hope it's successful because we need more open world rpgs like it but the people who havent bought a PS4 or XBONE because there are no decent rpgs to play on them besides Bloodborne wont buy a whole new console just to play the Witcher. They would however buy it to play the next Fallout.
My friend isn't representation of a population. I'm just giving an example that the Witcher 2 is still relevant. You're really projecting hard right now.

Also, sales of the Witcher games are pretty high. Higher than From Software games actually.

But please go on, speak more bullshit.
May 12, 2015 5:59 PM

May 2012
Lol at the pleb saying Bethesda games live up to the hype. Bethesda games are mediocre asf only with good with mods.
May 12, 2015 7:40 PM

Oct 2012
I went out of my way to look for the game sales to shut you up Doctor

Dark Souls 1: 2.37 million (no digital version)
Dark Souls 2: 2.50 million not counting the PS4 re-release (not counting digital sales)

The Witcher 1: 2 million original and enhanced version(re-release) combined
The Witcher 2: 1.7 million

I don't trust these numbers at all since companies make them up all the time but if the Souls Series sells more copies or is about even in sales with the Witcher franchise no way can it stand up in sales against Fallout or Elder Scrolls. You can call the Bethesda games mediocre but they are still the most successful open world western rpg series. Whether you like the vanilla version of the game or not is irrelevant. They still get higher reviews and higher sales. I don't NOT like The Witcher but it's not the ridiculous masterpiece god-sent franchise people all of a sudden believe it is.
May 12, 2015 9:14 PM

Jun 2014
Democracy said:
DoctorCaim said:

Oh wow really you have ONE friend playing the Witcher 2?

You can add one more person good sir.
May 12, 2015 10:22 PM

Sep 2012
The hype is real. Not sure when I will get around to playing it though.
May 12, 2015 10:33 PM

Jun 2011
Democracy said:

Dark Souls 2: 2.50 million not counting the PS4 re-release (not counting digital sales)

I don't trust these numbers at all since companies make them up all the time but if the Souls Series sells more copies or is about even in sales with the Witcher franchise no way can it stand up in sales against Fallout or Elder Scrolls. You can call the Bethesda games mediocre but they are still the most successful open world western rpg series. Whether you like the vanilla version of the game or not is irrelevant. They still get higher reviews and higher sales. I don't NOT like The Witcher but it's not the ridiculous masterpiece god-sent franchise people all of a sudden believe it is.

If high reviews and sales equalled high quality, then Call of Duty would be the greatest game series ever made, lol.
May 12, 2015 10:34 PM

Dec 2014
I plan to wait until it goes on sale. I never buy games for 40 dollars plus. Anyway I have the first two games and I think they are great, however, I have so many games that I haven't played yet. Steam has a way of making you spend money on games you aren't really excited to play. The double edged sword of cheap games. DAMN YOU SUMMER SALE!!!!

Oh and I still have to do more playthroughs on the 1st and 2nd Witcher. Because I only beat them siding with the elves. Now I have to neutral and then with the human sided one.
BloodshadeMay 12, 2015 10:41 PM
May 12, 2015 10:41 PM

Jul 2013
By what I read from reviews, this one still has thousands of fetch quests, the combat still sucks and there is also blatant padding to the story...
Well, I wasn't really going to buy this, but this killed any remaining chances. Hope fans enjoy it.
May 12, 2015 11:20 PM

Jan 2013
Democracy said:

Source or gtfo

I don't trust these numbers at all since companies make them up all the time but if the Souls Series sells more copies or is about even in sales with the Witcher franchise no way can it stand up in sales against Fallout or Elder Scrolls.
You can have low to medium to high amounts of hype. The Witcher obtained low-to-mediumish hype and passed expectations with flying colors.
You can call the Bethesda games mediocre but they are still the most successful open world western rpg series. Whether you like the vanilla version of the game or not is irrelevant. They still get higher reviews and higher sales. I don't NOT like The Witcher but it's not the ridiculous masterpiece god-sent franchise people all of a sudden believe it is.
Cool story bruh but that's common sense shit that the gaming board has already gone through plenty of times. Either way sales /=/ quality, so I really have no idea why you brought this up. You seem buttmad about the Witcher franchise getting hype though. Apply some stool softener, I recommend it as a Doctor.

Anyways:
The Witcher (PC): 370,000~ copies.
Dark Souls (PC): 70,000~ copies

The Witcher 2 (PC): 890,000~ copies
The Witcher 2 (360): 820,000~ copies

Dark Souls 2 (PC): 120,000~ copies
Dark Souls 2 (360): 550,000~ copies
Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/ (not even a good source but even then)

Also:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-25-cd-projekt-red-announces-6-million-the-witcher-sales
^ This was 2013
http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/12/dark-souls-claims-nearly-2-4-million-sales-worldwide/
^ This was 2013 as well, 6 months earlier but still; there's no way Dark Souls would rack up over 4 million sales after an initial release date and within a short timespan of 6 months.

Also:
Narmy said:
If high reviews and sales equalled high quality, then Call of Duty would be the greatest game series ever made, lol.
PeenusWeenusCaimMay 12, 2015 11:28 PM
May 12, 2015 11:20 PM

Jan 2014
I played a few hours of the first, but got bored and quit. Maybe it's just not my game or I just hadn't reached the good parts.
Should I try the game again, skip it and play the second, or just let them collect dust in my Steam library (only cost me a few bucks anyways)?
May 13, 2015 12:26 AM

Jan 2008
Do you mind not chaning the thread into a Bethesda/From shitstorm?

Hell I loved the original Witcher and I loved Skyrim, had tons of fun in both games and I don't see why do you have to be so bitchy about some fucked up superiority of one title over the other. No - it's not objective discussion. It's kids throwing stuff at each other.

As for the downgrade - it really doesn't matter to me since I always go for the PS4 version if possible. Less hassle and I preffer a pad anyway (yes - you can hook up a pad to a PC but that's not really the point). But seriously - do you really only care about the graphics? I'm most inteersted in the rich world full of mythology and interesting characters, the tension between races and political disturbances. And of course Ciri - I love Ciri. I love that shit. And my final exam (in a presentation form called "matura" in Poland) was about The Witcher - series of books by A. Sapkowski. And it just happened that the first Witcher game was released around that time so I could actually include some of the stuff from the game into my exams - how cool is that.

Anyway - I was trying to avoid the hype and I wasn't even watching any trailers until yesterday and yeah - now I'm super hyped.

Should I try the game again, skip it and play the second, or just let them collect dust in my Steam library (only cost me a few bucks anyways)?

You might have been bored because you weren't in the mood or went into it with wrong expectations. You can try it again - it's not like you're losing anything by doing that. Worse comes - you'll just shelf it.

I don't usually say this since if it's not my pair of shoes I say "just let the people who enjoy it be" but in this case they should really fuckin' stop making them. It has gotten ridiculous.

Gator said:
I had to force myself through Wither 1 and I can't even play Witcher 2 for more than one hours without getting annoyed. So I'm not really hyped and probably won't play it ._.

I fail to understand why would you force yourself to play something. Aren't games supposed to be fun?
WerchielMay 13, 2015 12:34 AM
May 13, 2015 12:28 AM

Apr 2013
I had to force myself through Witcher 1 and I can't even play Witcher 2 for more than one hour without getting annoyed. So I'm not really hyped and probably won't play it ._.
GatorMay 13, 2015 1:13 AM
May 13, 2015 1:11 AM

Sep 2014
I hope they improve the combat in this game. I loved the first two Witcher titles, but the combat system is incredibly awkward and just plain frustrating at times. The Witcher 2 improved somewhat, but it still wasn't particularly good.

Aside from the combat, I love just about everything else about the series (minus the plethora of fetch quests in the first game).
May 13, 2015 3:41 AM

Nov 2013
Kinkara said:
Stop gaming and go make some music instead!

Why not both?

I'm hyped for The Witcher 3! Pre-ordered and reading the books atm. If this game is shit I'm just going to sit in a corner and cry for the rest of the month
May 13, 2015 3:48 AM

Nov 2014
Yes I'm really hyped for this one the gameplay trailers look amazing. Also you can have sex on top of a unicorn. Who wouldn't want to do that?
May 13, 2015 3:54 AM

Oct 2008
I'm just really worried for the PC system requirements ,hopefully I can get it to work somewhat decently on a 560Ti.
May 13, 2015 3:55 AM

Aug 2013
my pc can't handle this beast ; ;
May 13, 2015 4:08 AM

Jul 2013
My dick is ready I don't know about my wallet
May 13, 2015 7:00 PM

Nov 2008
Werchiel said:
But seriously - do you really only care about the graphics?
Yes. I don't even play video games. I just look at them on YouTube

What kind of a question is that? Of course I care about the whole package, but graphics are an important part of that.

The old graphics matched the realistic tone of the Witcher story. It looks more like a cartoon now. An oversaturated, blurry cartoon.

All because the PC market, which made them a success, wasn't good enough for them.
EzekielMay 13, 2015 7:04 PM

May 13, 2015 7:10 PM

Dec 2013
Rofl
Lmao
This Whole thread is a joke

No TC, i'm not hyped. You only should be hyped for a game that you know the developers/series. Never played the witcher, only heard bad things about witcher 1 and 2, not interested. Maybe one day if it gets positive remarks by everybody
May 13, 2015 8:07 PM

Jul 2013
cruzateu said:
Maybe one day if it gets positive remarks by everybody
lol do you think such game exists?
May 13, 2015 8:13 PM

Jun 2009
Of course I'm hyped, even reading the books and everything (good stuff, btw).
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 13, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
insan3Inquisitor said:
hey I bet you'll change your username to insanewitcher after you're done with the game :D
May 13, 2015 8:42 PM

Jun 2009
PrimeX said:
insan3Inquisitor said:
hey I bet you'll change your username to insanewitcher after you're done with the game :D

Nah, I'll probably do it before then.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 13, 2015 11:10 PM

Jan 2008
The old graphics matched the realistic tone of the Witcher story. It looks more like a cartoon now. An oversaturated, blurry cartoon.

I was just refering to the downgrade for pc rather than the entire thing. But even so - graphics is the least significant part of the game for me. To The Moon is a good example of that - awesome story and beautiful music but since it was made in RPGmaker - the graphics = shit. And if it had a better graphics it would not make the game any better than it already is. So yea - I probably wouldn't even be able to tell which current-gen game has awesome graphics and which one is average. I mean I can see when a texture is terrible or when a resolution is fucked but I pay so little attention to me I probably wouldn't even remember it afterwards. Music is way more effective for my personal immersion. And honestly I like it that way since I know some people that are so enthralled by next-gen graphics that they can't even pick up older games.

It is true that more gritty/darker graphics would fit the game better but I'll probably get used to what I get fast and won't let it take away from the rest of the experience.

insan3Inquisitor said:
PrimeX said:

Nah, I'll probably do it before then.

I take it you liked DA: Inquisiton then.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you play GTA San Andreas? What's your most favorite San Andreas city or county?

IAmOdie - 6 hours ago

1 by Adnash »»
3 hours ago

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
3 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

29 by Firwik_Howlo »»
4 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

6 by 13norts »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » thoughts on frame generation like fsr 3 and dlss 3?

deg - 6 hours ago

0 by deg »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.