Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]
Jul 3, 2015 3:37 PM

Jun 2009
Another good one, the Lancer scenes were pretty amusing and the scene between Archer and Suzuki makes team caster just a little more interesting. Best scene was the part between Shirou and Rin by Illya's grave, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 26, 2015 2:06 AM

Mar 2012
tsudecimo said:
Jesus fucking christ, Shirou and Rin, are literally the most awkward, most annoying, worst couple I've ever seen.

2/5 (not 1/5, because of Lancer)

And I see the plot convenience and armors, are as strong as ever. Meh.

Agreed.
Aug 14, 2015 9:34 AM

May 2012
I really don't know how they can always make it have that unique but utterly annoying bad pacing. Oh well let's see what's next.
Aug 14, 2015 9:39 AM

Apr 2015
RafaelDeJongh said:
I really don't know how they can always make it have that unique but utterly annoying bad pacing. Oh well let's see what's next.

Up next; Archer bangs Rin.
Sep 18, 2015 1:01 AM

Jul 2012
Didn't expect Lancer to be like this. He's actually a pretty cool guy haha. I wonder who his master is.

Fight scenes in the coming episode should be something to watch.
Sep 18, 2015 8:28 AM

Aug 2014
ZA_WAYD said:
NA-Sen said:
Oh damm, someone explain this?

LMAO

fate memes =BEST memes X"D

I can't decide between "revenge jackhammer" and "Emiya's defenseless anus."
Sep 18, 2015 8:29 AM

Mar 2015
AllenNoah said:
ZA_WAYD said:

LMAO

fate memes =BEST memes X"D

I can't decide between "revenge jackhammer" and "Emiya's defenseless anus."

She's raping me but no one's calling her sexist. Double standards =_=
Oct 3, 2015 11:46 PM

Jan 2010
Wow it's been a while since I've touched anything Type-MOON related.

So immediately, this episode reminded me of why I liked Fate/Stay Night. It plays with the idea of the selfless hero, pointing out its flaws without becoming too overcritical or bitter about it. Yet, I must admit that it did feel a bit heavy handed, despite the talk ending on a nice note. I gotta say though, the lead up to this episode was a bit odd. I'm happy to see the back stories, but they felt...out of place? No, perhaps they were simply given more attention than I'd prefer, so it's more of what I would have liked. I liked them since there were extra information in them that I didn't know before, but I dunno. Maybe they would have worked better in a special or something, so that they didn't interrupt the flow of the show.

Another thing that stuck out to me was Illya's death. I truly appreciated the show for not overplaying the scene. It was quick and restrained, despite it being an easy opportunity for water fountains of blood. Although, the bits of Gil blinding her and Illya trying to find Berserker did feel like the show trying to score as much audience sympathy as possible. It's a really heavy scene, I won't deny it, but stuff like that never really worked well for me.

Anyways, with that aside, I was then reminded of two last things: Shirou and Rin are fun to watch bicker, and Lancer is as much of a bro as I remember. I really miss the Fate series, so I'm glad I finally have the time to watch this. So yeah, pretty much everything else that I didn't mention worked for me. I'm pretty hyped for the rest of Unlimited Blade Works.
Nov 21, 2015 11:11 AM
Aug 2015
Um, what was that pendant scene at thh e end suposed to mean? I have a theory, which is rather obvious, but just in case I'm right I won't mention it.
Dec 3, 2015 7:55 AM
Nov 2015
this is one of the best episodes, i like how they made the whole scene outside and i liked the scenery, of course the scene where Lancer offer to join was the best thing i ship Lancer/Rin so hard
Dec 3, 2015 8:28 AM

Jul 2007
flameindustry said:
i ship Lancer/Rin so hard

N O
Dec 3, 2015 8:55 AM
Nov 2015
CookingPriest said:
flameindustry said:
i ship Lancer/Rin so hard

N O

the hell why?
Dec 3, 2015 9:39 AM

Feb 2015
flameindustry said:
CookingPriest said:

N O

the hell why?

Its in F/E in a way.
Dec 4, 2015 2:24 AM

Jul 2007
flameindustry said:
CookingPriest said:

N O

the hell why?

Rin only likes Shirou and to think otherwise would be ridiculous.
Lancer.
ITs as ridiculous as pairing her and Kirei or her and Saber and the like. There's absolutely no basis for it.

The only reason Lancer even acts this way around Rin is because she and Shirou remind him of young himself and Scathach. Thats all.
Dec 4, 2015 4:41 AM
Nov 2015
CookingPriest said:
flameindustry said:

the hell why?

Lancer.
ITs as ridiculous as pairing her and Kirei or her and Saber and the like. There's absolutely no basis for it.

The only reason Lancer even acts this way around Rin is because she and Shirou remind him of young himself and Scathach. Thats all.

i ship a lot of characters who don't like/know each other my shipping is based on chemistry and lancer/rin does have a good chemistry, i'm not saying that shirou isn't good actually shirou/rin are the best out of the three main pairings but lancer/rin are my personal fav
Dec 4, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
flameindustry said:

the hell why?

Lancer.

Rin/Saber is canon tho, at least in the form of one-sided attraction on Rin's part
Dec 4, 2015 4:43 AM

Mar 2015
flameindustry said:
CookingPriest said:

Lancer.

i ship a lot of characters who don't like/know each other my shipping is based on chemistry and lancer/rin does have a good chemistry, i'm not saying that shirou isn't good actually shirou/rin are the best out of the three main pairings but lancer/rin are my personal fav

This. I ship Rin x Shirou (or Shirou x Rin, you nitpickers) but Lancer and Rin are amazing together. Don't worry about it, Fai's just defending his ship like a true shipper~

Oh, and I really hope Rin x Ryougi will be a thing :')
Dec 4, 2015 5:00 AM

Aug 2010
OneTrueBaita said:

Close enough.
Dec 4, 2015 5:10 AM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
OneTrueBaita said:

Close enough.

I'll take it...! :3
Dec 4, 2015 6:25 AM

Jul 2007
MightyM16 said:
CookingPriest said:

Lancer.

Rin/Saber is canon tho, at least in the form of one-sided attraction on Rin's part

Attraction sure.
Romance or love no.
Dec 5, 2015 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
Rin and Shiro moments are always cute and welcomed even tho I like him and Saber more ..
Dec 5, 2015 10:29 AM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
MightyM16 said:

Attraction sure.
Romance or love no.

That's just your headcanon. I like my Rin bi, thanks~
May 9, 2016 10:06 PM

Sep 2011
I was pretty against the whole Shirou x Tousaka shipping before starting UBW, but I gotta say... I'm all aboard now!
May 22, 2016 2:16 AM

Dec 2012
Damn it kid Shirou. You really left a girl hanging. lol

The Lance man returns. Archer and Kuzuki have their talk.

Time to get my waifu back.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 1, 2016 5:09 PM

Mar 2010
I"m interested in what tohsaka has to offer in her tactic.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 23, 2017 11:33 AM

Apr 2013
Could Lancer become the only dude I like in this anime? Nah, probably not xD
May 14, 2017 4:55 AM

Aug 2013
Shirou/Rin/Lancer scene 10/10. Love that guy.

Archer vs Lancer next episode.

May 28, 2017 11:30 PM

Jul 2009
Rin is so tsundere!!! Nice seeing Lancer back!!!

Kuzuki and Archer's conversation was interesting.

Can't wait for the next one!
Jul 10, 2017 5:40 PM

Oct 2014
I loved that little conversation between Lancer, Shirou and Rin when he initially offered his help. Pretty funny. A bit annoying that Shirou can't seem to understand Rin's points on his idealistic nature, though
Jul 12, 2017 1:48 AM

Jul 2007
jdimaria3 said:
A bit annoying that Shirou can't seem to understand Rin's points on his idealistic nature, though

He understands her points pretty well
And its not idealistic. That is the problem.
Aug 19, 2017 11:09 PM
Jul 2017
VERY good episode. It was very nice to see shiro get scolded at because hes a moron and I hate him. Not only that, but this show is more and more becoming about the dispute of ideals, which is what made fate/zero so brilliant
Sep 24, 2017 8:05 AM

Mar 2014
Eh, somehow I find quite shounen-ey (in a bad way) Lancer allying with Rin and Shirou and then teasing Rin.
Oct 3, 2017 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
Insertanamehere said:
fateoffate said:
Did they skip the heart breaking scene? I didn't see it.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/lk4zvrX.png[/im g]

Shirou/Rin/Lancer scene was good.

3.5-4/5 overall

Leo_10 said:
Shirou/Rin/Lancer scene 10/10. Love that guy.

Archer vs Lancer next episode.

i was drinking water at the time i almost choked

that was Hilarious scene XD
Oct 14, 2017 1:26 AM

May 2016
Man, I miss Saber although she was dense in someway, I always thought she was the main character in the Fate series but it turned out that I was wrong.
Sep 17, 2018 12:55 AM

Sep 2014
Big fight coming!

Poor Rin. Being teased by Shirou and Lancer. She was really cute though ~
Nov 13, 2018 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
Thank god they toned down... and Illya was already dead during the heart extraction, would've been worse if it was like how I imagined it in the VN.

At least Lancer vs Archer will help me forget Gilgadick for a while.
Dec 10, 2018 1:29 AM
Jan 2017
wow,, thohsaka no oppai is touching,, best moment in this episode
Mar 23, 2019 9:34 PM
Aug 2018
So Archer was at Emiyas house to retrieve that heart pendant after he put it in his drawer?
Jun 17, 2019 6:25 AM

Dec 2018
Archer sure likes talking about ideal.

There's 2 pendant when there's supposed to be 1 only. What's more weird Archer returned that pendant despite not seeing Shirou being healed by that pendant. Meaning he knows about that pendant already.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 3, 2019 12:55 AM

Aug 2017
For some reason, I don't trust Lancer. Well, lmao...Shirou and Rin! Lover's quarrel? But the best part of the episode was the talk between Archer and Kuzuki.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 28, 2019 2:00 PM

Dec 2014
wellso there was a eight servant..I thought there were only seven
Dec 19, 2020 5:39 PM

Apr 2018
So Lancer decides to help out Rin and Shirou to take out Caster. I wonder how this will play out.
Aug 1, 2021 2:01 AM
Jul 2021
I really loved that Shirou/Rin/Lancer scene lol. I love Cu Culainn and Celtic Mythology so to see him fight against Archer will be cool.

I like the teacher's backstory and that despite Rin telling him that he's a dumbass, Emiya persists in his ideals. They both don't compromise on their principles, which is both good characterb writing and also frustrating.
Oct 23, 2021 12:08 PM
Aug 2017
I like Lancer

Shirou claims Rin for himself

Archer vs Lancer
Jun 18, 2022 6:13 PM
Nov 2020
Ahhh Unlimited Blush Works
Mar 3, 2023 6:24 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I like how we get a better understanding of why Shirou puts himself before others always, how he risked his life yet again in trying to save Ilyasviel. Seems like he feels like there's a debt of his that needs to be repaid. 

It was nice of Gilgamesh to let Rin and Shirou go scot-free though. He could have easily impaled them both right then and there. What a nice guy man

The previous episode, was how the fate series should be. Now unfortunately we are back to Shirou and Rin being bumbly idiot goofballs again, arguing back and forth in how to deal with Lancer who shows up in front of him, for the sake of, comedy, I guess? Haha so funny. Bruh even their talk about defeating Gilgamesh and Caster had me facepalming hard. "Gilgamesh is really powerful, but not really, we can defeat him, but first we need to defeat Caster, yeah." It's cringe, because let's be real, both of them are able to do next to jack shit. Now they're off to take down Caster, because apparently the have a super duper plan in place that will make them win. Oh and I guess I was wrong again, Assassin is still around, alright then

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 3, 2023 8:00 AM

Aug 2019
Dude this episode was actually kinda painful to watch

Did Shirou seriously think he was going to stop Gilgamesh with his wooden sword? Did he REALLY think yelling "Stop" would fix everything? I get Shirou is supposed to be kinda stupid and twisted in the way he thinks he can save everyone, but dude I actually hated that.

And the fact it actually worked too. They could've killed both Shirou and Tohsaka, but no, time is up or something... Gotta run away and leave these two here. I'm sure this won't come back to bite me or anything.

I think the only thing I enjoyed was the cute Tohsaka moments, but even so this episode was painful. Idk if it's because maybe my tastes have changed since I saw the first season or something? But like I am not enjoying this so far. If I'm being completely honest I kind of want to drop :(
Aug 13, 2023 8:16 PM
Jul 2023
Very dialogue heavy, which is fine, but it wasn’t useful
- He pulled her heart out? Geez why
- Lancer joins Shirou and Rin. They finally have a servant again lol. So if he’s alive then Kerei is too
- Shirou being protective of Rin is adorable
- Caster wants to go back home :(
- Archer vs Lancer next episode! This will be sick
- There’s only one of the necklace. So if Archer is Shirou then he kept it all those years and brought it back. But like…. what was that stuff about his flashbacks in the past? This is getting weird
Jan 29, 5:04 PM
Mar 2023
unas ganas de jugar a la visual novel para ver como cogen
Feb 1, 5:23 PM

Dec 2022
I do love me some talking between cool characters and for example LANCER!!
I like Rin the best when she's bein her classic tsuntsun especially because she was being teased by Lancer about her thing going on with Shirou, and it seems like we'll get a rematch between Lancer and Archer yuh.

Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.