Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Aug 9, 2018 7:23 AM

Dec 2016
So does every crazy bitch in their universe just carry around a box cutter at all times lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 23, 2019 11:25 PM

May 2016
Funny how she whipped out a box cutter out of nowhere like what Satsuki did. Ame looked like she saw some flashbacks about what happened before when VP brought it out and it made me chuckle a little.

This one was better than the previous episode even with the whole ridiculous happiness points thing. Shiraishi getting instant karma for attempting to kill Juu was the most entertaining part and that's the very last scene kek

Mar 22, 2019 12:25 PM

Dec 2017
bakakisima said:
KurosoraRyuga said:

8 years later and still nothing....

9 years later still nothing..lol

10 years later and still nothing... c'mon brain's base!
Mar 23, 2019 7:26 PM

May 2017
Cr4zko said:
bakakisima said:

9 years later still nothing..lol

I just finished watching this after searching for recommendations like Kara no Kyoukai and it stunned me with how good it was. I enjoyed it even more than most of the KnK movies!

I don't think we'll ever get a continuation :(
Aug 17, 2019 11:11 PM

Jan 2018
i didn't expect this to be this good, it's just really fun. i'd like to have at least a couple more ovas of this, man it's a shame it's just a couple of episodes long.
Sep 2, 2019 7:07 PM

Sep 2014
Wow this was pretty good! I didnt expect this but Im actually sad its over already. Considering its been 10 years since the OVA and the author not releasing anything in 7 years (according to mal) I think its safe to say we wont get more of it.

All the conclusion to Ames and Juuns connection we will get is likely the short flashback of them on a playground. So I guess this is a Steins;Gate scenario with Juun setting it up but forgetting about it.

Oh and I liked Hikaru.

I definitely crave more of it. The more adult approach to this was very refreshing. I nearly got to used to the generic ecchi comedy these days.
Something about this story and character just screams (mid) 2000s for me though. Not in a bad way either. Its just that this type of stuff is pretty rare now.

What would even be a somewhat similar anime? Another, Higurashi, Kara no Kyoukai, to a degree Monogatari?

Damn Im really sad there is not more of it.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 23, 2019 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
I iwsh there were more chapters
Mar 24, 2020 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
In the Episode 1 forum, I exploded into a tangent about how amazing this anime was. Everything I said for Episode 1 holds true for Episode 2. Juu is a realistic and empathetic total badass while Ase is insanely smart and reliable. The two make a perfect “crime fighting” duo lmao. I strongly wish this were an 11 episode series with two taking on different cases. But then we’d be at risk of things getting old or changing for the worse — hence, I’ll agree with others and say that 2 episodes is enough. Both were perfect with very little flaws. And I genuinely believe that a flawed anime can still be a 10/10… especially when the flaws are so minimal. For the most part, every scene was executed perfectly. There’s a rhyme and a reason for everything. You’re thoroughly hooked on the plot. The animation is pretty alright as is the setting and backdrops. The music is quite perplexing, as it can be almost cheerful during the most high-tension moments. Maybe that’s why my heart isn’t racing compared to other dramatic animes. Furthermore, every single character in the entirety of this anime — whether good, bad, or (on the likely chance that they’re) neutral, I think they’re all finely fleshed out. All of their actions are justified for the plot. And all of their motives are clearly defined and set in place for the smooth procession and divinity of the plot. Everything about this was so marvelous. Thank God I somehow came across this OVA series. 10/10. (My only other complaint is that we were left hanging with the crazy bat girl from Episode 1 — we don’t know what ever happened to her — and the same goes for the Vice President in Episode 2.)

Finally, the ending of Episode 2 was intriguing. I thought (since it was the last episode) that they’d kill Juu to highlight the cruelty of humanity and the unfairness of life. Then Ame’s friend said something very, very intriguing — how every once and awhile, God will go and do something incredibly righteous (“fair”, even). The President (who was initially a neutral character, capable of bering sympathized with) “believed in happiness points all along” and tried murdering Juu — completely changing the audience’s outlook on her in a negative way — and luckily the truck veered into her, crushing her. Juu was injured but it is implied that he lives on just fine. Yayyy. So happy (with the fate of Juu AND the President). I guess my last, last complaint would be the sudden change in the President’s demeanor. It was uncharacteristic and kind of forced to make her up and pull something like that at the end. There are already too many characters that have hidden, evil egos — and it was edgy to tack on another one. The ending was a wonderful twist of events and was quite entertaining, but it’s a shame they had to undergo the edgy move of making the President yet another antagonist.

P.S. If you thought this anime would earn a score of LESS than 8 out of 10, I defy you to give me a good reason why! After a heavy analysis, I fail to see what the anime could’ve done differently. The only “bad” things about this anime would have to coincide with a watcher’s personal preference. And I think you should grade anime based on how well of a job they did — not how well they catered to your specific expectations. Although, if the anime failed to intrigue you or derive you entertainment, then I guess that’d be reason enough to deduct points. But I’ve digressed. Why is this anime’s average score below 8? It was a fantastic movie length animation with a simple and understandable story capable of drawing in the viewer. It both investigated and demonstrated the negative psychology us humans possess and I’m sure we could all relate on some level.
May 2, 2020 1:33 AM

Apr 2018
I enjoyed it, it was beautifully adapted, are there more anime like this?

May 23, 2020 5:38 PM
Jan 2018
ycleped said:
Cr4zko said:

I just finished watching this after searching for recommendations like Kara no Kyoukai and it stunned me with how good it was. I enjoyed it even more than most of the KnK movies!

Well, it'll be 15 years in two months since the last Light Novel came out in Japan, but there is a bit of news happening in that same month.

"A manga adaptation of the novel will be released on Ultra Jump magazine on July 19, 2020. The manga will be illustrated by Hiraoka Hiroshi with Furuya Daisuke as the storyboarder." -taken from the Wiki

Whether this spawns new stories set within this series, or if translators pick up the series in the first place is anyone's guess at this point.
May 23, 2020 5:42 PM

May 2017
allblue1 said:
ycleped said:

Well, it'll be 15 years in two months since the last Light Novel came out in Japan, but there is a bit of news happening in that same month.

"A manga adaptation of the novel will be released on Ultra Jump magazine on July 19, 2020. The manga will be illustrated by Hiraoka Hiroshi with Furuya Daisuke as the storyboarder." -taken from the Wiki

Whether this spawns new stories set within this series, or if translators pick up the series in the first place is anyone's guess at this point.

Do you have a source for this?
May 23, 2020 7:07 PM
Jan 2018
ycleped said:
allblue1 said:

Do you have a source for this?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-05-19/kentaro-katayama-denpa-teki-na-kanojo-novels-get-manga/.159678
Oct 20, 2020 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
This sucked hard. A show that clearly thinks being "dark" makes it interesting all on its own. Characters were uninteresting and the two episodes had stories that were ludicrously absurd and melodramatic. I suppose taking an episodic detective show, placing it in a high school setting and turning the dial of tension and violence up to 100 is supposed to be enough to make a great show. Well it failed completely for me.

So is the girl delusional or not? She certainly seems to have a more than ordinary link with the male MC but since nothing is explained who knows really.
Dec 20, 2020 7:54 AM

Aug 2017
The third guy in Nao's room just disappeared lol. Oh maybe he just went out offscreen, idk.

I don't think Ame's hand and leg were bandaged before entering Ichiko's house, but whatever, probably an animation mistake. In any case, that was a visually pretty "detective" OVA, nice to see that Ame's approach was different here. I wish there was more of it, despite some shortcomings in writing (it was the author's debut, so I guess it translated into the adaptation too, etc).

NOBODY CAN SMELL THE ODOR OF DECOMPOSING BODY IN A ROOM NEXT DOOR

It was getting ready for the reveal scene, can't do that earlier. Maybe it was so old that it didn't even smell, idk how that works. Or maybe Ichiko was smart enough to use an air freshener, haha. Or there were just too many bad smells mixing together to figure out this particular one. And yeah it took them a long time to actually confront her lol. They were clearly taken aback by the events!
St0rmbladeDec 20, 2020 8:51 AM
Jan 10, 2021 5:27 PM

Nov 2019
"The quickest way to achieve happiness is to avoid looking at reality." Very true. It's the quickest, and easiest way. But it's not the only way, having a purpose in life also is important. Some people focus so much on trying to be happy that they ironically become unhappy every time any little thing doesn't go their way. When you have a goal, it becomes less about worrying if you are having a good or bad day, but more anticipation about the next step in your mission, and if something does go wrong, how you are going to get over it.
The other thing to realize is that being perpetually happy is just as bad as being perpetually sad. Humans thrive on variety.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Sep 21, 2021 8:41 AM

Aug 2020
Overall an enjoyable series. Since episode 1 ended well, I expected episode 2 to have a different story with different characters. I really liked Ame in this one with her Chuunibyou personality.

Overall, a 6/10.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 6, 2022 10:14 PM
Jan 2020
It felt like the author watched horror murder mysteries and then created this absolute nonsensical shit of a show. The tension and the atmosphere is fucking great tho.

Or he's just edgy lmao, Kure-nai kind of gives the same vibe (his other work)
Jul 1, 2022 9:31 PM
Dec 2018
ngl, the last incident scene made me lol
#kyoanistrong
Aug 27, 2022 9:44 PM
Nov 2020
Girl (who isn't a relative) get in your room and you're surprised to see her taking her clothes off? What do you think you guys were going to do in there? BREED my guy, you must BREED!!!
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Oct 15, 2022 5:12 PM
Sep 2020
it's very unique
and very high-quality writing
in two episodes I fell in love with the characters and the world they're in
but the problem is that there are only those two episodes, and nothing else
it left me with so many unanswered questions
what happened to Satsuki and Ayase afterwards
are the happiness points real
are Ochibana and Juuzawa actually connected
but as I said what we do have is excellent quality
10/10
Jan 29, 2023 11:14 PM
Jan 2013
veery good :):) i like it
Feb 19, 2023 2:11 AM

Sep 2018
Crazy absurd anime, made for a wicked atmosphere and edgy WTF moments. Had a pretty good script, felt like real people. Needed more time to flesh things out. 7/10. 
Apr 6, 2023 12:37 PM
Dec 2021
decent but lots of the girls were really annoying.
Apr 19, 2023 10:04 PM

Aug 2017
What a psychological twist on happiness.
Malicious pranks turned deadly as people were hurt in exchange for taking their happiness points. 
That Kuraki girl was the sus mastermind behind the pranks. But little did she know that it will bite her in the ass.
Seeing the twist at the end made it satisfying. The realization that her brother was the one who took all the happiness from her family completely broke her.
Ame established herself as best girl. She dealt the finishing blow on Kuraki by making her realize her brother's smiling face upon death. W move Ame.
Tho this episode was disturbing and dark. Kuraki's mom rotting inside her house with flies infesting the place as well as the student council president sitting on her own vomit.

It was such a shame to see this story end on only 2 episode. I was so invested. The story was really compelling and the characters were like detectives uncovering the unfortunate events of the town.
That was a bummer. This show would've been great if it fleshed out to 12-13 episodes.

Jun 9, 2023 8:57 AM
Aug 2019
a really good episode
Jun 22, 2023 4:53 PM
Oct 2017
I come back to this series a lot, its got a really unique and smart presentation that I adore.
Aug 19, 2023 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
Really wish we had gotten more, pretty good stuff.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Jan 28, 12:12 PM

Jun 2017
Begs a question what if the brother had despair stretched over his face while doing the thing ,would their(his family) destiny change ? If not then whom would have the happiness transfered to .Sounds silly but it's not black and white and as Ame said the ordinary and extraordinary are interlinked ,the difference is one's subjective view of them.I guess whatever it takes to get out of a sticky situation.
Honestly the two episodes were enough to pass on whatever it tried to tell and the execution is what made it shine.The two EDs can be included in any therapy session ,speaks of its quality.
Overall gets a 8.5 from me.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denpateki na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Iiotoko - Feb 17, 2009

166 by bakakisima »»
Jan 27, 11:53 AM

» Some questions about stuff that the anime didn't give answers to

csenger08 - Nov 26, 2022

2 by JackSKK »»
May 16, 2023 4:20 AM

» This would make a good series.

xsilicon9 - May 4, 2012

25 by PonderingScribe »»
Oct 27, 2022 3:43 PM

» They adapted the light novel(s) into a manga

towelgirl21 - Mar 21, 2021

3 by anizawa89 »»
Oct 22, 2022 4:58 PM

» So where are Juu parents?

xsilicon9 - Dec 18, 2014

3 by Ryuu_Mayo »»
May 27, 2022 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.