Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2015 9:03 AM

Feb 2014
CookingPriest said:

Next up. Three flashback episodes on how Taiga graduated highschool

Because not enough content, bruh

Seriously, why don't you just drop the show? I feel like you're just hurting your psyche by continuing this.

I swear to god that your bitching and complaining will not change how this adaptation is handled.
Apr 11, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2013
But anyway highlight of the episode for me was definitely Lancer <3
Apr 11, 2015 9:04 AM

Feb 2009
CookingPriest said:
WormPriest said:
Meh, even if it is new, it didn't particulary give anything of value aside from showing us her first Master's face and how she killed him. We already knew he was an ass. Honestly would have just left this thing in the dark and waste time on something else.

I'd be fine with that. :3
Stev said:
ayy lmao

Oct 2014
Can't wait for Blonde Servant vs Heracles.

Mar 2015
WrongPriest said:
Mickdrew said:
There was barely anything disagreeable with this episode, but of course you'll still get a mountain of salt from people for it not being done the way they wanted.

Oh get off it, there's not even that much.

You've grown immune to the salt, my friend. Take a day off, sit in the sun and read some UBW. You'll notice how salty this place is once you're back~

Sep 2013
HungryPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

I want an Ayako episode :(

At least give attention to the person who most needs it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 9:05 AM

May 2014
GARBrotato said:
But anyway highlight of the episode for me was definitely Lancer <3

I didn't get to hear his sexy voice ;_;

Oh well. Soon.

Jul 2007
HungryPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

I'd actually enjoy that.

You know what?

From now on I will approach this show like a sequel to carnival phantasm.

Mar 2015
LoomyTheBrew said:
CookingPriest said:

Seriously, why don't you just drop the show? I feel like you're just hurting your psyche by continuing this.

I swear to god that your bitching and complaining will not change how this adaptation is handled.

He's tsundere for TM works. Besides, he's a CG, doomed to watch humanity TM adaptations forever...

Oct 2014
Hurray, now I can tell everyone that Berserker is HERACLES without it being a spoiler!
The Komori

Mar 2013
OneTrueEmiya said:
nocorras said:

Opinions are a magical thing.

If only we could accept others' opinions...
I agree with you here but it's hard to do that when it's the same people complaining and complaining and complaining about every little detail week after week

I think we're all forgetting that adaptations aren't meant to be an identical copy of source materials
Apr 11, 2015 9:06 AM

Oct 2014
I'm just waiting for the raws to see Rin's face when she reciprocates his feelings. And for her zap
Apr 11, 2015 9:06 AM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
I'm just waiting for the raws to see Rin's face when she reciprocates his feelings. And for her zap

Its litearlly the only worthwile moments in episode.
Apr 11, 2015 9:07 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
WormPriest said:
Meh, even if it is new, it didn't particulary give anything of value aside from showing us her first Master's face and how she killed him. We already knew he was an ass. Honestly would have just left this thing in the dark and waste time on something else.

Next up. Three flashback episodes on how Sakura and Shirou started cooking together everyday

Ftfy.

We need more Sakura in UBW tbh.

Mar 2015
Mickdrew said:
HungryPriest said:

Where. Is. My. Sasaki. Episode. I wanna see him cut swallows and make haikus about leaves and birds.

Feb 2009
Mickdrew said:
HungryPriest said:

Nono, man, she needs an entire series. Prillya style.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Apr 11, 2015 9:08 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
nocorras said:

Its litearlly the only worthwile moments in episode.
Disagree.

There was a shot of Lancer as well.
Apr 11, 2015 9:09 AM

Jul 2013
Mickdrew said:
GARBrotato said:
Maybe they want to animate HA after HF and want to save some of the scenes or something?

F/HA adaptation confirmed. Rejoice!

Ugukwa.

I've always thought that if they adapt F/HA, they'd do it as a movie and focus solely on the Hollow scenes. Meaning no Castah backstory, no Raida backstory, and none of the tons and tons and tons and tons of SoL.

Ufotable's adaptations are expensive, so I highly doubt they'd waste it on anything they perceive to be irrelevant, to be perfectly honest. They likely wouldn't make a F/HA anime, because not only would it be expensive but it'd be filled with weird gags and be considered not nearly as serious. That's how I see it anyway.

CookingPriest said:
HungryPriest said:

I'd actually enjoy that.

You know what?

Well why not~? If it stops your constant stream of salt, then go for it, dude~

Mar 2015
HungryPriest said:
Mickdrew said:

Nono, man, she needs an entire series. Prillya style.

Fate/Kalenid Trapizium Ayako

Jan 2014
Tokoya said:
I agree with you here but it's hard to do that when it's the same people complaining and complaining and complaining about every little detail week after week

I think we're all forgetting that adaptations aren't meant to be an identical copy of source materials

It's meant to represent the VN visually, which is why it lacks monologues and characterization in general. The reason Fai is so salty, however, is the amount of really ridiculous hate posts he finds where ever he goes.

He posts them all the time in the club and I do agree that these hate posts in particular are pretty ridiculous and are only the result of the lack of monologues and shit which isn't a problem in the VN.

I mean, as much as I'm enjoying this adaption, I'm genuinely salty about the new haters it manages to bring and the amount of times I'd have to explain things to people because some things were either cut out or altered.
Apr 11, 2015 9:10 AM
Sep 2012
This wasn't particularly the best way to "humanize" Medea, it came off instead as ridiculously grimdark to the point of comedy and was very lazily plotted. Also while I liked the Shinji stuff I cannot say that it was good, especially with what came right after.
Apr 11, 2015 9:10 AM

Mar 2015
CarenPriest said:
Mickdrew said:

Ugukwa.

I've always thought that if they adapt F/HA, they'd do it as a movie and focus solely on the Hollow scenes. Meaning no Castah backstory, no Raida backstory, and none of the tons and tons and tons and tons of SoL.

Ufotable's adaptations are expensive, so I highly doubt they'd waste it on anything they perceive to be irrelevant, to be perfectly honest.

CookingPriest said:

I'd actually enjoy that.

You know what?

Well why not~? If it stops your constant stream of salt, then go for it, dude~

This. Yes, Fai. Please. For our sanity, please do so.
Apr 11, 2015 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
CarenPriest said:
Mickdrew said:

Ugukwa.

Ufotable's adaptations are expensive, so I highly doubt they'd waste it on anything they perceive to be irrelevant, to be perfectly honest.

They might not include that stuff on the broadcast version, but extra content, maybe?

We can dream . . .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2007
June93 said:
This wasn't exactly to best way to try to "humanize" Medea, came off as ridiculously grimdark to the point of comedy. Also while I liked the Shinji stuff I cannot say that it was good, especially with what came right after.

It felt out of place.

And IMO Medea' backstory would have humanized her much more than watching her burn a randomly stereotypical evil person of color.

Oct 2014
WormPriest said:
It's meant to represent the VN visually, which is why it lacks monologues and characterization in general. The reason Fai is so salty, however, is the amount of really ridiculous hate posts he finds where ever he goes.

He posts them all the time in the club and I do agree that these hate posts in particular are pretty ridiculous and are only the result of the lack of monologues and shit which isn't a problem in the VN.

I mean, as much as I'm enjoying this adaption, I'm genuinely salty about the new haters it manages to bring and the amount of times I'd have to explain things to people because some things were either cut out or altered.

Oh come on... every time I saw Fai posting such things back in the general discussion threads, it amounted to lowest of the lowest places, such as VIDEO COMMENTS SECTIONS and IMAGEBOARDS.... and forums that I would classify as even lower tier than MAL, which is rather rare, IMO.
Apr 11, 2015 9:12 AM

Feb 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:

He's tsundere for TM works. Besides, he's a CG, doomed to watch humanity TM adaptations forever...

Lol! Well, I guess that makes sense, but I'm a little worried that a blood vessel is going to pop in his head. I don't want that! ;)

Tokoya said:
Exactly my point lol

I can usually always rely on you Tokoya to have my back!

The only criticism that I've heard that is at least worthwhile is whether or not the scene served any relevance in the bigger scheme of things. I'll have to watch it myself and see what I think, but it didn't sound all that bad to me.

Next episode is the Beserker vs Gil scene so that should be awesome, they should at least nail the Illya flashback.
Apr 11, 2015 9:13 AM

Mar 2015
Grey-Zone said:
WormPriest said:

Oh come on... every time I saw Fai posting such things back in the general discussion threads, it amounted to lowest of the lowest places, such as VIDEO COMMENTS SECTIONS and IMAGEBOARDS.... and forums that I would classify as even lower tier than MAL, which is rather rare, IMO.

Half the comments are probably posted by trolls :V
Apr 11, 2015 9:15 AM

Jul 2007
WormPriest said:

It's meant to represent the VN visually,

Except it does not?

If I watched ufoUBW without VN knowledge, I'd literally think that FSN is Akame Ga Kiru.
The Komori

Mar 2013
WormPriest said:
Tokoya said:

Ahhh I feel you on that one and in a sense I get where he's coming from

But regardless, that still doesn't excuse his behavior since majority of the times, those haters you speak of are just plain silly like you said, hence they're not to be taken seriously. I'm certain that most anime only's don't complain about stupid things like what those haters do

Jan 2014
Grey-Zone said:

Don't really know where he gets them. A lot of them are from Reddit and youtube as far as I know, but idk where the rest are from. Review blogs or some other sites, I assume.

I do find quite a bit of hate myself on tumblr, youtube, ANN or this forum I post on every now and then. Can't really say I find reading those posts enjoyable when it really wouldn't have been a problem if some things were included.

I mean sure, this adaption is enjoyable as hell if we want to be honest. Just don't like the misguided negative feedback it gets because of some things.

Oct 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
Half the comments are probably posted by trolls :V

Ah yes, that as well. It reminds me of that one blog post which was made so that it gets the Beast Lair's bingo sheet completely done.

Jul 2013
Mickdrew said:
CarenPriest said:

Ugukwa.

They might not include that stuff on the broadcast version, but extra content, maybe?

We can dream . . .

Hopefully so~

Though the betrayal with the first BD has probably given rise to reasonable doubt about that from a lot of viewers.

Apr 11, 2015 9:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
WormPriest said:

It's meant to represent the VN visually,

Except it does not?

If I watched ufoUBW without VN knowledge, I'd literally think that FSN is Akame Ga Kiru.
Is this a joke?
Apr 11, 2015 9:17 AM

Jul 2007
Tokoya said:
CookingPriest said:

Except it does not?

Is this a joke?

The adaptation?

I wish it was.
Apr 11, 2015 9:18 AM

Jul 2013
WormPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

Don't really know where he gets them. A lot of them are from Reddit and youtube as far as I know, but idk where the rest are from. Review blogs or some other sites, I assume.

I do find quite a bit of hate myself on tumblr, youtube, ANN or this forum I post on every now and then. Can't really say I find reading those posts enjoyable when it really wouldn't have been a problem if some things were included.

I mean sure, this adaption is enjoyable as hell if we want to be honest. Just don't like the misguided negative feedback it gets because of some things.

Pretty much this.

The anime's pretty awesome so far IMO, but the amount of biased hate on one side and salt on the other...it kinda interferes with the enjoyment...

Apr 11, 2015 9:18 AM
Feb 2014
Fai is actually Archer.

Fai = Archer = Miura
Apr 11, 2015 9:19 AM

Mar 2015
Tokoya said:
CookingPriest said:

Except it does not?

Is this a joke?

I'd say it is, but it's Fai. So no, it isn't.

Comparing this to the trainwreck that is anime AgK... -_-"

Jul 2007
CarenPriest said:

The anime's pretty awesome IMO, but the salt...it interferes with the enjoyment...

Please do explain what is so awesome about this adaptation and how it can stand on its own.

I am so tired of idiots downplaying legitimate criticism with "Oh you so salty". If you don't have what to say, don't say anything.

Aug 2010
TBH i don't really have a problem with Caster's backstory, how it was done, or even how pointless it is in the big picture. It just makes me remember Miura's "We added new scenes because there wasn't enough content" and "Nasu gave us a lot of information, but it was so confusing".

Still, i can't fault the actual content of this episode for it, because it was done well IMO.
Apr 11, 2015 9:20 AM

Feb 2014
WormPriest said:

This is very true. VNs and animes set out to accomplish different things. VNs explain things through words and dialog much more than animes, whereas animes explain things through visualization and less words. So far I feel like UBW has done a pretty decent job so far, they just need to nail Shirou's character at some point.

If they dedicate an episode to just Shirou and his views and stuff, kind of like how they did with Kiritsugu in F/Z, then that would probably amazing and would be the best way to show Shirou's character and development.
Apr 11, 2015 9:20 AM

Dec 2013
Tokoya said:
CookingPriest said:

Except it does not?

Is this a joke?
this adaptation is
BAN ME
Apr 11, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2014
WormPriest said:

Those are people on the level who put "People die when they are killed that's how it should be." Out of context and made a meme out of it. It does not matter whether ufo shows it correctly or not, most of them lack the brain capacities to comprehend it. Their "opinions" are not something can warrants attention and even less they are anything to measure the quality of the adaption on.

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
TBH i don't really have a problem with Caster's backstory, how it was done, or even how pointless it is in the big picture. It just makes me remember Miura's "We added new scenes because there wasn't enough content" and "Nasu gave us a lot of information, but it was so confusing".

Still, i can't fault the actual content of this episode for it, because it was done well IMO.

In the end, it all goes back to Miura directing. God help us if he does the HF movies.

Feb 2009
CookingPriest said:
CarenPriest said:

The anime's pretty awesome IMO, but the salt...it interferes with the enjoyment...

Please do explain what is so awesome about this adaptation and how it can stand on its own.

I am so tired of idiots downplaying legitimate criticism with "Oh you so salty". If you don't have what to say, don't say anything.

Flashy fights and good ost. What else do you need?
Stev said:
ayy lmao

Feb 2015
I will reserve my judgement untill I have seen it.....missed the livestreaming...:(

May 2014
astroprogs said:

A little fast, but I reckon those 7 minutes will help. Just like Shirou arriving at the church being I. The BD.
Apr 11, 2015 9:22 AM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
CarenPriest said:

Oh, there are plenty of problems, I don't think anyone's denying it. But you're constantly shoving this in our faces, and it's getting tiring. Some people just want to enjoy this and feel nostalgic again. And don't get me started on your hyperbolic comparisons. DEEN? AgK? Calm down ffs.
Apr 11, 2015 9:22 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
CarenPriest said:

Should the person who uses "you are just blinded by HYYYPE" as an argument every time someone makes an argument against your claims really say that?
Apr 11, 2015 9:23 AM

Feb 2009
LoomyTheBrew said:
WormPriest said:

This is very true. VNs and animes set out to accomplish different things. VNs explain things through words and dialog much more than animes, whereas animes explain things through visualization and less words. So far I feel like UBW has done a pretty decent job so far, they just need to nail Shirou's character at some point.

If they dedicate an episode to just Shirou and his views and stuff, kind of like how they did with Kiritsugu in F/Z, then that would probably amazing and would be the best way to show Shirou's character and development.

I'd agree, but this late in the game? There are a lot of places they could have visualized better his character. We wouldn't need an entire ep for him then. Especially since it's all about his development, it would also fit the story better. *shrug*
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Apr 11, 2015 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
Except it does not?

That's because it lacks monologues and characterization in general? By visual, I mean, it's just supposed to animate the events of UBW without going into depth in terms of story-telling or characterization.

You're really searching for the wrong things here like most of the anime only people who don't know this is just a visual way of showing the events.

The OST, designs, animation, etc. are all great for me and I'm satisfied since I treat it as a fanservice for VN readers that also happens to bring a few new readers to the VN. I don't particulary expect this to go into depth with the characterization. I have the VN for that.

It does have it's problems, yes, but that's mostly also because people misunderstand the point of this adaption anyways.

Tokoya said:
Ahhh I feel you on that one and in a sense I get where he's coming from

But regardless, that still doesn't excuse his behavior since majority of the times, those haters you speak of are just plain silly like you said, hence they're not to be taken seriously. I'm certain that most anime only's don't complain about stupid things like what those haters do

Eh, Fai does take this a bit over-board, I agree. He's kind of missing the enjoyable factor it has and is more so focusing on the feedback it gets. That's kind of how you start acting like if you go around defending the series - like Fai does - because of things people misunderstand and hate on it.
Pages (26) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.