Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2015 8:43 AM

Jan 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:
WrongPriest said:
That cloak-less Archer in the Ed though, reminded me of Hollow Ataraxia. Instant hype-boner.

Now he just needs to fire Hrunting :)

hype.

has he used
yet? or does he use that later on / not in this arc?

Aug 2009
Oh yeah.

If they had done the Kuzuki vs Shirou in 1 cour more like here then it would be awesome.

Jul 2013
xShigarakix said:

GARcher is so hot that the city is on fire.
Apr 4, 2015 8:44 AM

May 2014
Grapekiwi said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

hype.

has he used **** yet? or does he use that later on / not in this arc?

Nope, Later.

Aug 2014
Grapekiwi said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

hype.

has he used
yet? or does he use that later on / not in this arc?

Day 14

Jul 2007
GARBrotato said:
astroprogs said:

That's like the exact opposite of what i felt from that scene.
^ This.

Rin is all confident and smug when Archer comes up but then she gets the backhand of evil to the face.

What the fuck were you watching?

Rin was being a punching bag to Caster and then Kuizuki was about to blow her head off
Here come Archer.

The whole fight was uneeded and just makes Archer look better because in VN he betrays her WITHOUT ANY REASON TO.

Her eit just looks like he interrupts the Rin about getting owned moment.

Mar 2015
GARBrotato said:
astroprogs said:

^ This.

Rin is all confident and smug when Archer comes up but then she gets the backhand of evil to the face.

This was really shocking even for me, so I say it's a good job.
Apr 4, 2015 8:45 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Oh come on. Rin gets slapped away by caster, Shirou is shown having troubles projecting, they are surrounded by skeletons

ARcher: Oh I joined you but you have to let them go.

FOr fucks sake.

In VN it was literally

Rin and ARcher stAND off against Kuizuki
Rin: Okay let's do something.
ARcher: TROLOLOL, BYE BITCH

Really? I got the opposite impression by watching it, and I'm sure a lot of others do too. Your impression doesn't extent to everyone's impression, you know.

I don't mind that it's a little rushed or that the ending scene didn't take place in the graveyard, since the scene itself still carries a ton of weight. Though, to be honest, by reading the VN, I got the impression that the confrontation took place in a much smaller room so it was a little uncomfortable seeing the place be so spacious - but eh, visually, this does work better~

Apr 4, 2015 8:46 AM

May 2014
Fai does actually have a bit of a point. But I'm not too worried tbh, the scene comes across pretty well regardless.

So you can stop going on about it now.

Jul 2007
CarenPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

Oh come on. Rin gets slapped away by caster, Shirou is shown having troubles projecting, they are surrounded by skeletons

FOr fucks sake.

In VN it was literally

Really? I got the opposite impression by watching it, and I'm sure a lot of others do too. Your impression doesn't extent to everyone's impression, you know.

I don't mind that it's a little rushed or that the ending scene didn't take place in the graveyard, since the scene itself still carries a ton of weight. Though, to be honest, by reading the VN, I got the impression that the confrontation took place in a much smaller room so it was a little uncomfortable seeing the place be so spacious - but eh, visually, this does work better~

Pleas edo explain how the hell it could be opposite.
CookingPriest said:
GARBrotato said:
^ This.

Rin was being a punching bag to Caster and then Kuizuki was about to blow her head off
Here come Archer.

The whole fight was uneeded and just makes Archer look better because in VN he betrays her WITHOUT ANY REASON TO.

Nov 2013
Insertanamehere said:
CookingPriest said:

But...they were about to get rekt there too when Archer asked Caster to let them go.
Ikr.

Othi-tan said:
Everyone is enjoying teh ep like the best one so far and then there is that one guy.....

Not much to add to what others said.

Well I didnt like the ED song and except from teh archer and ShirouxRin scenes the Ed lacked visuals as well.
OP is definitely way better than the ED.

Though dat one shot of GARcher in the ED is amazing :3

V Talking about this V
xShigarakix said:
Apr 4, 2015 8:47 AM

Oct 2014
Archer was quite smart. He intentionally made Rin realize that she has no chance, but also made Caster realize, that Rin is no threat, since Caster is the better Magus. That way it will be easier to say "I feel bad now, please let them go, they are no real threat to you anyway".
Apr 4, 2015 8:47 AM

Aug 2009
GARBrotato said:
Insertanamehere said:

But...they were about to get rekt there too when Archer asked Caster to let them go.
Ikr.

Othi-tan said:
Everyone is enjoying teh ep like the best one so far and then there is that one guy.....

Not much to add to what others said.

Well I didnt like the ED song and except from teh archer and ShirouxRin scenes the Ed lacked visuals as well.
OP is definitely way better than the ED.

Though dat one shot of GARcher in the ED is amazing :3

V Talking about this V
xShigarakix said:
I am dling the raw just for the op.
Apr 4, 2015 8:48 AM

Jan 2015
not really.

Rin expected Archer to cover her, and she was actually rekking Caster (Which shouldn't happen).

to me, the new rendition was a double fuck over of Rin,

first the backhand then the block of her gandr, that literally was like blocking someone in basketball. just lolnope.
Apr 4, 2015 8:48 AM

Oct 2014
I do agree the betrayal seems 'off' in the anime. I'll have to see the dialog to judge accurately but it does seem like Archer saved Rin from being killed (painting him in a better light)
Apr 4, 2015 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
Grey-Zone said:

I mean....this is a spoiler, isn't it?

Jul 2007
WrongPriest said:
Fai does actually have a bit of a point. But I'm not too worried tbh, the scene comes across pretty well regardless.

So you can stop going on about it now.

I need to say that I DID like the episode and the fights were better and it was pretty much on par with first cour(barring btter choreography), but they yet again continue same mistakes of removing Shirou POV and making Rinlook too good and now we have a slight whitewashing of ARcher's motives.

IT IS NOT AS BAD AS IT COULD HAVE BEEN

But ARcher comes off ay more of an asshole in VN in that scene bcause he does it for no reason at all. He literally jinxes Rin's chances of doing ANYTHING there before even trying which showcases that he has his own motives and does not give a shit.

In here he is made far more likeable by interrupting Kuizuki about to KILL Rin with a punch(way better outcome) to her and by betraying her when it is very clear that she is about to get owned.

It makes his betrayer ass look way too good.

Also Shirou stumbling on a rock. Fucking seriously?

Jan 2015
nocorras said:
I do agree the betrayal seems 'off' in the anime. I'll have to see the dialog to judge accurately but it does seem like Archer saved Rin from being killed (painting him in a better light)

the point here is if he was actually on her side, he would have saved her. She wasnt in any danger if he didn't betray her.

Aug 2009
nocorras said:

Is that bad?You know as a
Apr 4, 2015 8:50 AM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:

THIS THIS THIS

DO PEOPLE SERIOUSLY
SERIOUSLY
Equate archer's backhand slap
to KUIZUKI's ONE HIT KILL STRENGTHENED PUNCHES THAT REKT SABER?

Grapekiwi said:
nocorras said:

the point here is if he was actually on her side, he would have saved her. She wasnt in any danger if he didn't betray her.

But it LOOKS like he saved her with his methods.

Also yeah, Rin wank of her surprising Caster is magic is pure BS considering Caster SHOULD dispell anything Rin throws by coughing -_-
Apr 4, 2015 8:50 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
GARBrotato said:
^ This.

Here come Archer.

I don't what you're smoking, but I'd like to try some. Seems like some really great stuff :3

I really don't see why you're making a big deal out of this, it's not bad, and it definitely didn't look like what you're claiming. But whatever, agree to disagree I guess.
Apr 4, 2015 8:51 AM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
nocorras said:

THIS THIS THIS

DO PEOPLE SERIOUSLY
SERIOUSLY

No. but if archer got in between them to backhand her, if he was actually not betraying her, what makes you think he couldn't stop kuizuki?

Caster was getting pushed back by Rin's jewel magic.

Jul 2007
GARBrotato said:
CookingPriest said:

Here come Archer.

I don't what you're smoking, but I'd like to try some. Seems like some really great stuff :3

I really don't see why you're making a big deal out of this, it's not bad, and it definitely didn't look like what you're claiming. But whatever, agree to disagree I guess.

It makes Archer look lke too good of a person so viewers can make fucking excuses for that fuck.

While at the same time we have Shirou stumbling on a rock.

Grapekiwi said:
CookingPriest said:

THIS THIS THIS

DO PEOPLE SERIOUSLY
SERIOUSLY

No. but if archer got in between them to backhand her, if he was actually not betraying her, what makes you think he couldn't stop kuizuki?

Caster being even pushed back by ANYTHING Rin does is BS I agree.
But the timing of Archer's betrayal looks intentional.

While in VN he comes off as pointless Dick ruining ANY TRIES Rin would have planned. FOR NO REASON.
Jan 2014
Good episode all in all.
OP was great unlike the ending.

CookingPriest said:
GARBrotato said:
^ This.

Here come Archer.

[/quote]

Apr 4, 2015 8:52 AM

Feb 2009
All that talking and not a single decent fight. I am disapoint.
Stev said:
ayy lmao

Dec 2010
Oh no it wasnt at a graveyard? :(
FUCK THIS SHIT ADAPTATION FUCK UFOTABLE AND FUCK THE DIRECTION SHITTY ADAPTATION HOW DARE THEY CHANGE SOMETHING SO MINOR

Oct 2014
Why "stumble upon a rock"? I may have mis-seen it, but for me it looked like Shirou just did a "free-running roll" after landing to lighten the impact and to get moving faster. I didn't see a rock anywhere...

Jun 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
damastah said:

I agree with this so damn much.

I need a high res pic of this. So GAR :D

Tell me when 'ya get it!!! This is gonna be my 2nd comp's wallpaper

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:
nocorras said:

I just don't like the tonal change. In the VN I thought ARcher was a straight up asshole. Here it kind of seems like he only did it to save her.

Aug 2013
Episode felt all over the place.

So many jumps in such a short amount of time.

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

FOr fucks sake.

In VN it was literally

It's not that much different from the VN. Archer IS the one who saved both their asses in the VN

CookingPriest said:

No, Rin asked Archer to protect her and he moved between them to do that, BUT he clearly betrayed Rin and backhanded her instead.
Apr 4, 2015 8:53 AM

Aug 2009
Grapekiwi said:
CookingPriest said:

THIS THIS THIS

DO PEOPLE SERIOUSLY
SERIOUSLY

Someone just forgot that Archer doesnt give fucks about Kuzuki's style....

Dont worry about it.

Oct 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Why "stumble upon a rock"? I may have mis-seen it, but for me it looked like Shirou just did a "free-running roll" after landing to lighten the impact and to get moving faster. I didn't see a rock anywhere...

Can someone explain me please?

PLEASE?

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:

No, Rin asked Archer to protect her and he moved between them to do that, BUT he clearly betrayed Rin and backhanded her instead.

WWhich looks like he is protecting her by betraying her -_-
Grey-Zone said:

No. Your stream might have lagged, but Shirou lands, softens his landing, runs forward thenstumbles back on a rock and almost falls over.

Oct 2014
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Yeah it felt really rushed to me.
Apr 4, 2015 8:54 AM

Mar 2015
nocorras said:
Othi-tan said:

I just don't like the tonal change. In the VN I thought ARcher was a straight up asshole. Here it kind of seems like he only did it to save her.

Idk, cuz it does help to reconcile the fact that [spoiler]Archer cares about Rin and he did that to save her.[/soiler]
Apr 4, 2015 8:55 AM

Sep 2014
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

The mood changed so quickly.

This is why the hentai should stay
The sun is a deadly laser

Feb 2015
nocorras said:
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Or maybe,its our anticipation that makes us think this way?

May 2014
Grey-Zone said:

Yeah, there was no rock. He rolled because of the momentum, he noted in the VN how high that drop actually was.

Nov 2010
CookingPriest said:
nocorras said:

I don't understand why.

They have JUST ENOUGH material to properly adapt into whole cour.

What the hell will they do for rest now?

Anime original scenes.

Because, you know, "there wasn't enough material" and "Nasu told me a lot about it, but I got confused and couldn't use half of it".
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.

Aug 2009
nocorras said:
Othi-tan said:

"Seems to save her" doesnt mean much when he could have just dealt with Kuzuki just like they were planning.

Mar 2015
Grey-Zone said:
Grey-Zone said:

Can someone explain me please?

PLEASE?

It seemed like he tripped a bit after he jumped down, but idk if it was a rock. It looked like a lunge to me.

Jan 2015
mira-nyan said:
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

The mood changed so quickly.

This is why the hentai should stay

Saber x Kuizuki x Caster ~

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
- The pre-op scene was great. Shirou finaly got a monologue longer than 10 seconds and it was first in whole show.

Do you watch episode 01, 02, 07, 08 of S1? I have sure that there have monologues with more than 10 seconds. ; )

Or do you are being sarcastic here?
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Apr 4, 2015 8:56 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

WWhich looks like he is protecting her by betraying her -_-

How exactly? Archer can't take Kuzuki AND Caster?

He clearly had the upper hand in that fight and he STILL chose to betray her.
Apr 4, 2015 8:57 AM

Mar 2015
Aurioch said:
CookingPriest said:

I don't understand why.

They have JUST ENOUGH material to properly adapt into whole cour.

What the hell will they do for rest now?

Anime original scenes.

Because, you know, "there wasn't enough material" and "Nasu told me a lot about it, but I got confused and couldn't use half of it".

Precisely. If they didn't rush this, we wouldn't get Caster's backstory episode.

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
Also Shirou stumbling on a rock. Fucking seriously?
Rolling to reduce impact from the jump.

Force x change in time = mass x change in velocity.
The longer it takes to come to a complete stop, the less the force.

CookingPriest said:
DO PEOPLE SERIOUSLY
SERIOUSLY
She did survive a punch from him in cour 1 though.

Jan 2015
I want a berserker backstory episode

QQ

_-------------------_-------------________~~!!!
Apr 4, 2015 9:00 AM

Mar 2015
Tokoya said:
3 pages already? xD

And more salt vs hype to come :D
Apr 4, 2015 9:00 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
A selfish ungrateful b etrayful dick who does it for no reason at all.

Anime makes him look way too good.
Yes we get it, you hate Archer.

-5 cool points.
Pages (32) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.