Forum Settings
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2015 1:50 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It took a while to tend the drunk sempai. Hato wanted to leave, but Madarame kept him, to ask him why he didn't visit him after Valentine's day.

Kind of honest reply...it would make his BL imagination true with his blush. But so awkward. He does know the difference between imagination and reality, though. Then told him not to choose him.

So many elements to advantage in the accident at the end...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 3, 2015 8:37 PM

Nov 2011
> BLish direction
Haha, this is gold.
Apr 4, 2015 2:53 AM

Jul 2012
Another boring hato chapter.
Apr 6, 2015 12:44 PM

Mar 2013
Misiakk said:
Another boring hato chapter.

Pity. I really enjoy the Hato chapters; or the Madarame harem stuff in general actually, despite being flooded with them. But particularly this one, because it's something that I have been expecting for a very long time.

The main protagonists of the second gen. of Genshiken, for me, has always been the trio of Yajima, Hato, (and more recently) Madarame. But Hato, in particular, has always stood out as the main figure in his own coming of age story, and I think that this chapter is the culmination of that. He's managed to overcome the ghosts of his high school years haunting him, and has now finally managed to overcome his fantasies and face reality. Moving foward, one step at a time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hato's little guardian devils go away for good with this, or at least very soon. But regardless, I'm very proud of Hato right now and feel like squealing.

Really, this whole vacation arc has been wonderful thus far, especially with the little bits of love for Kuchiki thrown in here and there, and for other more minior characters as well. Damn me if I haven't fallen in love with Genshiken all over again.
Apr 23, 2015 5:38 PM

Sep 2013
I've been enjoying their trip as well.

Although i can't help but think Hato's gonna have a major relapse with Madarame on top of him. Or maybe it'll just banish Madarame's 'uke' image once and for all. Kind of hope Hato kisses Madarame to see if he's actually making the right decision.

And still i find myself inexplicably rooting for Keiko, glad she got rid of her bf. Tbh I'd be fine if Sue got him, they are a pretty great match. Angela just bugs the hell out of me.
Apr 27, 2015 8:05 PM

Mar 2013
Oh definitely, a fling with Angela will be mostly a one night thing, and she seems to be interested in this whole thing based on the excitement of being part of a harem more than anything. Whatever enjoyment Angela might derive from the relationship, I don't think it'd be exactly fair for Madarame on the other side of it.

On that note, I don't think that Sue actually likes Madarame, but is just having difficulty coping with her emotions due to being swept up in the flow, and thinks she likes him. Let's be honest, just since when and how did we ever see a reason for her to fall for him? The first signs between the two was when Sue kissed Madarame during the festival, and they've been together for a long time before that- and even the kiss itself didn't seem particularly out of romantic motives.

Rather, it's just good old damn Saki creating waves with her whole "harem" statement and the rest of Genshiken riding on it with poor Sue clinging on the edge of the surfboard, probably never having actually liked a guy before.

As to who would Madarame would actually end up with... I would also call Keiko at this point, but I'm still keeping Saki as a contender at the back of my mind, no offense to Kousaka.
Sweet_LoveApr 27, 2015 9:33 PM
May 11, 2015 4:41 AM

Sep 2013
As nice as it would be if him and Saki got together, i honestly don't think it would work, maybe for a few weeks or even a month, but they wouldn't be able to keep it going as long term as her and Kousaka have.

I guess I'm kind of contradicting myself when i say i want him to be with Keiko and not Saki (with how similar they are) but Keiko seems to genuinely like his nervous geeky charm, whereas Saki needs someone as confident and outgoing as herself.

You may be right with Sue, it's hard to gauge her actual feelings when she has so little lines, with the ones she does have being obscure anime quotes. I think Madarame's just been the only person I've noticed to actually understand all those quotes haha.
Jun 22, 2015 5:50 AM

Apr 2009
I've actually been rooting for Madarame going for Sue all this time, but I'm afraid that is not going to happen. Damn, I really had hoped for anyone but Hato. Hato I figured could go for Mirei, but hey, can't get it all :(

Jul 10, 2015 9:26 PM

Sep 2011
Please no, seriously.
Oct 2, 2018 10:26 PM

Nov 2011
When Hato said that he was not the same with a trap from anime or game, I think that he thought that Madarame was just fantasizing him because Madarame didn't see to reality..
But when Madarame thought "I got dumped again, huh ?", I think that Madarame is really a bisexual..
Just like Yoshitake said, the key to Hato route is Madarame's sexual preference.. If Madarame also bi, the route is possible, but if Madarame is straight, no hope for Hato ...

I really proud to see Hato in this chapter, he doesn't force his feelings alone but also consider other's.. I don't really understand hate for Hato, from Keiko, or from few people here ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 11, 2:37 PM

Jan 2008
I'm so glad that the Genshiken manga was split into two in English, with the first half collected in three omnibus, and the second half renamed as Second Season. It means I can keep Second Season off my shelves. Genshiken started as a brilliantly incisive manga but somehow turned into a shitty harem, and it's not even a parody but plays it straight. Just awful.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Chapter 127 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2016

29 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 19, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Chapter 122 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 3, 2016

14 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 13, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Chapter 126 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 27, 2016

18 by Beatnik »»
Feb 12, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Chapter 121 Discussion

JALU3 - Feb 26, 2016

15 by Beatnik »»
Feb 12, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Chapter 105 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 29, 2014

8 by Beatnik »»
Feb 9, 3:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.