Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 4, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
That cat is my hero
Apr 4, 2015 1:52 PM

Apr 2010
This looks nice so far i wonder what more this anime will have to offer.
It seems different from other anime and manga i have seen that involve a sixth sense.
Apr 4, 2015 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
Macuppie said:
I think the pervert cat is the best part in this whole show

Agreed. He needs his own show now
Apr 4, 2015 2:46 PM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
Hilarious so far.
Apr 4, 2015 2:55 PM

Apr 2014
That ero-cat is probably my favorite character in this anime

Apr 4, 2015 2:58 PM

Sep 2014
Pretty funny. The little cat guy made me laugh so hard during the locker room scene. Hope he'll be around in every episode.
Apr 4, 2015 3:21 PM

Oct 2014
Oh my, this cat is so awesome. I love him XD

Good first episode, it was funny and entertaining. I liked it.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Apr 4, 2015 3:54 PM

Apr 2013
One of these days Ibuki Kido is going to get a main role in a show that doesn't suck. Unfortunately for her, today is not one of those days.
Apr 4, 2015 5:20 PM

Apr 2011
Haha that was scary :P
Apr 4, 2015 5:28 PM

Apr 2014
Hm...well its okay and I like it.
Not so bad, but hope they show the ghost face or figures so that we the viewer can see what they look like.
Not bad for a first episode.
Amami :D
Apr 4, 2015 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
Premise of this show doesn't make any sense. So she can see ghosts? Who becomes a ghost? Since a lil ol' lovely grandma is a ghost l'm gonna assume everyone becomes a ghost in this show rather than just those that lament. So since a hundred ka-billion people have died is the world overrun with ghosts? Does she live in an eternal sea of apparitions? Some see her as friendly... so why doesn't she take advantage? Perhaps in some sort of gambling situation? She could at least win a couple hands of poker. Han Solo won the fast ship in the galaxy with only a Robin Williams so l'm sure this girl could get something useful out of this situation. How about a Kaiji-esque anime with ghosts? Would that be too moe?

Also, are just humans ghosts? There's that cat ghost. So l'm gonna say animals are ghosts too. So if animals can be ghosts then are all the bugs l've stepped on haunting me? Are there hundreds of ghost ants crawling in my eyeballs? Do they do it to this girl?

For these reasons l'm gonna assume that she's just a "special" kid who's making all this up. She too stupid to consider things like this. She's probably a "ghost-kin" tumblerina who posts all about her special gender identity on the blogs. It's either that or she has a mental illness and all her classmates are harming her by indulging in her delusions.
Apr 4, 2015 6:35 PM

Apr 2011
inoue being the typical tsundere.

I teared up when Amami talked about the offerings, god dammit it was so good.
Apr 4, 2015 6:58 PM

Mar 2013
Lol that neko!
Apr 4, 2015 8:08 PM

Apr 2008
damn, i hate it when they have eyes visible through hair.. immediate turn off!

Apr 4, 2015 8:47 PM

Aug 2014
Stories about humans who can talk with youkais are always funny... :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Apr 4, 2015 8:50 PM

Oct 2013
The tsundere made me drop it.
I don't mind tsundere's but she was exactly the same as every other tsundere.
plus the "I'M GOING TO RANDOMLY YELL" crap is annoying.

Thanks but no thanks.
Get a 2/10 for a grudge reference I guess.
Celestia-L20XXApr 4, 2015 8:58 PM
Apr 4, 2015 9:16 PM

Nov 2011
Kyou kara Maou×Gugure
Apr 4, 2015 9:20 PM

Jan 2009
nice girl x tsundere... not the best combo but can't argue w/ yuri. a meh episode...

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 4, 2015 9:26 PM

Jul 2009
eh, the voice acting was meh but it was amusing, will probably follow for a few more eps to see if it gets better
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 4, 2015 11:16 PM

Apr 2010
I think this got off to a good start, despite some of the ratings. It's funny and the paranormal aspects seem pretty deep. Brought a tear to my eye.

Also, cat of the year all year.

Apr 4, 2015 11:24 PM

Jan 2013
Looks fun.
That moment with the kids was sweet.
Apr 5, 2015 1:25 AM

Jan 2009
Went into this show expecting to be bored, honestly i think this is one of my favorite shows so far this season.
Apr 5, 2015 6:59 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, this was surprisingly fun to watch. Amami is interesting being so lady-like and an airhead. She just goes with the flow and everybody feels the need to get close to her :P

Ok this is mostly comedic in nature but I can see why some thing are darker than others. Still the overall tone seems to be rather light and fairly funny.

I liked how Inoue yelled at Amami so much her hair would become messy.

I may keep watching this.
Apr 5, 2015 9:43 AM

Nov 2013
Cat best character.
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 5, 2015 10:31 AM

Aug 2010
Inoue's so damn cute <3 A tsundere that goes dere whenever her granny is mentioned :3

Amami's pretty cute herself too ^^
Apr 5, 2015 10:38 AM

Jun 2013
I know the rating for this is already awful but i think that it was really cute :)
Sticking with it
4/5
Apr 5, 2015 11:35 AM

Aug 2012
Does anyone know who voiced the little girl ghost who was talking to Inoue at the park? I'm so bothered by it, I've heard that voice before but can't figure out whose it is and nothing's listed online yet.
Apr 5, 2015 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
This was rather enjoyable.

The comedy was funny.

The art was good, especially the back grounds, but the characters were really fucking blurry a lot of the time. Especially in the intro before the OP. If all of the characters were drawn as clear as they were in the OP, they would look sooo much better. They were pretty clear for the close-up scenes though.

Ero cat is hilarious.

Orange hair girl is already best girl.

It looks like Inoue can kind of see ghosts? She has seen them twice, but it's on and off. Not consistently able to see them like Hibiki.

Gave me some good laughs, looking forward to next week.
Apr 5, 2015 12:59 PM
Jul 2014
I caught myself smiling quite a lot during the episode. Looks like I'll be watching this every week. Also curious about the seinen tag.
Apr 5, 2015 2:24 PM

May 2011
Wasn't anything too special. There's a lot to watch this season, so unfortunately I'm going to drop Re-Kan.
Apr 5, 2015 3:40 PM

Oct 2011
Inoue can see them.

Lets go help more poor souls T__T

Those kids T__T
Apr 5, 2015 4:32 PM

Mar 2010
and well... another weird anime from this season...
Apr 5, 2015 5:43 PM

Feb 2008
The tsundere girl is objectively the best.
Apr 5, 2015 5:46 PM
Apr 2014
OMG. THE CAT xD

This was better than expected. Also was quite different from what I expected. Let's see if they can keep this up until the end :)
Apr 5, 2015 7:11 PM

Nov 2014
It was so hilarious.
TSU..TSUN...TSUNDERE.
I hope the rating will rise in the upcoming episodes.
Apr 5, 2015 7:29 PM
Aug 2014
Not a bad start, got a few laughs out of me.
Apr 6, 2015 2:43 AM

Aug 2014
Ah, I just realized Inoue voiced by same person who voiced Nanyako! Cool! Her tsukkomi was pretty weak, though.

The comedy's fine, nothing special, still able to make me smile, a bit.
The cat didn't looked like hentai cat at all!
Ju-On and Hanako reference caught me off guard tbh. ^^''
Let's see if the comedy/story can keep consistent each episode...
Apr 6, 2015 3:03 AM

Sep 2008
the moment i heard the opening something felt kinda nostalgic, then it clicked, its the same tune as t6he really old anime Ghostories (no really. like 14 years ago, i was like a 7 yr old (i'mm 22 now)) and youtube certianly proved me rigth, kinda...weird

wow, they accepted her real fast, no bulling, no nothing, just "oh, she can look at ghosts, why not, lets be friends " XD i actually find it kinda hilarious
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 6, 2015 6:13 AM

Aug 2012
Lol what a nice first episode. Love the interactions between Amami and her "friends". Dat ghost child from the street tho'..look like the ghost child from Ju-On (|||゚д゚)
Apr 6, 2015 10:30 AM

Dec 2009
I'm going to follow this anime bcs of that pervy cat LMAO
Apr 6, 2015 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
pretty funny. felt a bit disconnected and rushed, like they wanted to get the whole setup and character introductions over with in one episode.
Apr 6, 2015 1:25 PM
Mar 2012
It reminded me of Natsumes Bookf of Friends and Noragami, just somehow a lot more boring.
The characters seem cliché, with the pretty, stupid and clumsy but otherwise perfect female lead. so she sees ghosts and everyone around her is just going "yeah, cool. we totally belive you, tell me more"? WTF? I kept waiting for something to happen, for some story or plot to begin, but nothing. And I didn't think it was funny either.
And the sun was setting for such a long time while they were playing, then it got dark and the lights went on, but then suddenly the sun was shining/setting again?

Meh.
I'll maybe give it another episode but right now I feel more like dropping it.
Apr 6, 2015 9:45 PM

Sep 2014
That was pretty weird. Everything was jumbled and it was probably a little too silly to my liking. Inoue was the only character I found somewhat interesting. While the character design was fine imo, the art itself is pretty odd too at times and everyone's hair looks rather bland even at 720p.

All in all, it was pretty meh, but at least I had a few laughs. I hope the next episode will be better, because my current rating for this show is 6/10 and that's pretty low by my standards. If things don't get better, I'll probably end up rating it 5/10 and dropping it.
Apr 7, 2015 1:09 AM

Feb 2013
Seems like it'll be a casual watch for me. Not gonna expect much from it but it did make me chuckle every now and then. Interesting enough to keep me watching for now.
That cat though.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Apr 7, 2015 5:51 AM

Oct 2012
Average anime with low production value and boring characters. Move on.
Apr 7, 2015 5:57 AM

Jul 2014
Of course everyone is raving about the worst element in a good show (that dumb cat)

Expect nothing else from MAL.
Apr 7, 2015 8:55 AM

Jul 2014
This was quite funny and enjoyed it a lot. Can definitely tell it's based on a 4-koma manga.

I can't stand when you can see girls' eyes through their hair. It's going to bug the Hell out of me throughout the entire show. Hopefully they don't get much screen time.
Apr 7, 2015 10:29 AM

Jul 2008
Could be fun if they don't reuse the sames gags every episodes.
Apr 7, 2015 10:55 AM

Jul 2008
leetshoe said:
Premise of this show doesn't make any sense. So she can see ghosts? Who becomes a ghost? Since a lil ol' lovely grandma is a ghost l'm gonna assume everyone becomes a ghost in this show rather than just those that lament. So since a hundred ka-billion people have died is the world overrun with ghosts? Does she live in an eternal sea of apparitions? Some see her as friendly... so why doesn't she take advantage? Perhaps in some sort of gambling situation? She could at least win a couple hands of poker. Han Solo won the fast ship in the galaxy with only a Robin Williams so l'm sure this girl could get something useful out of this situation. How about a Kaiji-esque anime with ghosts? Would that be too moe?

Also, are just humans ghosts? There's that cat ghost. So l'm gonna say animals are ghosts too. So if animals can be ghosts then are all the bugs l've stepped on haunting me? Are there hundreds of ghost ants crawling in my eyeballs? Do they do it to this girl?

For these reasons l'm gonna assume that she's just a "special" kid who's making all this up. She too stupid to consider things like this. She's probably a "ghost-kin" tumblerina who posts all about her special gender identity on the blogs. It's either that or she has a mental illness and all her classmates are harming her by indulging in her delusions.

You should learn to take fiction as fiction and try not to push our world's logic into an imaginary world.

People are fast to say that something is bullshit because they can't conceive it making sense but it's fine this way. Even if the world in a show look similar to our, you should always remember that it isn't. Physics and such are arbitrary decided by the author and they aren't flawed simply because they are far from ours since it is what they were meant to be.
What you should look in a story are inconsistency and I don't mean inconsistency between our world and the imaginary world but inconsistency within the rule the author created for his world.

1- You can't assume that everyone become a ghost because you don't even know the grandma. She might have lingering feeling for all you know so the rest of your post is just a rant because you don't like the idea of a ghost not being in perpetual pain.

2- Correct me if i'm not perfectly right but animals have soul according to Shinto religion. Actually not just animal: insect, plant, air, water, everything has it's own soul, even the forces of nature... even a place can possess a soul. It is even thought that inanimate object can develop their own soul with time and by being in contact with other souls. Everything that has a soul has a will, everything that has a will can know regret and may have lingering feeling and anything with lingering feeling can become what they call a ghost, a youkai, a demon etc.
Yes a cat having a soul make sense with the perspective of someone born in Japan.

3- She isn't making it up. I thought it was clear as water that the supernatural thing around her were also affecting others. The door slamming is probably the best example of this.
Apr 8, 2015 1:15 AM

May 2010
leetshoe said:
The cat is most likely not a ghost since it's visible to normal people.

In any case, you are expecting the wrong things out of a 4-koma adaptation...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re-Kan! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2015

50 by oDaw1 »»
Jan 6, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Re-Kan! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

36 by oggamer2121 »»
Oct 21, 2021 9:36 AM

Poll: » Re-Kan! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

58 by Asturaetus »»
May 21, 2021 5:34 AM

Poll: » Re-Kan! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

45 by Asturaetus »»
May 16, 2021 11:10 PM

Poll: » Re-Kan! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

35 by Serafos »»
Mar 24, 2021 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.