Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 3, 2020 5:28 AM

Oct 2012
This is probably the first time, the patient didn't get cured directly
I think this is because lots of people have this kind of OCD or should I say "being worried too much without a reason"

This kind of OCD I also have it, but not that bad
Also I'm glad I'm not a smoker xD

Next ep, Narcissistic huh
"Signature removed"
Feb 10, 2020 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
Did I say the last episode was hilarious? Well, this one was even crazier hahaha.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 21, 2020 3:27 AM

Aug 2017
Why does this show has to be so realistic xD I really love how all the events come together
Feb 12, 2021 12:52 AM

May 2020
This episode felt pretty unsatisfying. The reporter's problem wasn't solved within an episode, which is actually great because I feel like mental health problems aren't really something that go away so fast.

But Irabu didn't really do anything to actually help him out nor did he unearth the reason for why the reporter has an obsessive-compulsive disorder. He just ends it with, well it's a great thing that you have OCD, even though half the episode was dedicated to showing his OCD was making his life worse.
Jan 10, 2022 9:51 AM

Nov 2018
Damn, relatable. I double-check a lot of things.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 18, 2022 7:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Best episode I would say, especially that we can all identify ourselves to this kind of mental issue, to a different degree of course but it already happened to everybody to be paranoiac like that about forgetting to turn off something at home etc, though being like that h24 sounds like a pain, the resolution was a bit weird but nothing surprising from this show xD and hearing Sabre Dance playing was also a good surprise
Mar 28, 2022 8:20 AM

Aug 2012
Fukuicchi mentioned near the end that there are lots of other types of OCD, so I'm guessing this was the final OCD episode. And if so, what a doozy to end off on.

In terms of all the OCD episodes, this might be the most severe case and if nothing else, when I think of OCD, this type is one of the first I think of. I really like how his case was portrayed, especially his routine of pointing and loudly exclaiming "[blank] Check!". This is something I've heard about before, doing something like that helps you remember. Like if every-time you lock your front door, you squawk loudly, you'd have an easier time remembering you locked the door because you'll remember the squawk. It even slightly works for Iwamura here, at the beginning he remembers he put the cig out after doing his check, but unfortunately the kettle triggers his response again.

And it's nice that his cause seemed to be a desire to do good, not do actions that will result in the pain for others. An OCD that's more driven by a fear of adverse consequences onto others, I do wish that aspect was a bit more explored explicitly since it was clearly the driving force behind most of his actions, and why Irabu's action treatment made so much sense, but the episode was still great regardless. Irabu was top-tier this episode too, I loved his "you can't change your background or personality so what's the point in asking about them?"

The ending I think he a decent enough resolution, him looking to move into a boarding house makes sense, and is a more tangible resolution than anything else would've been. You can't always just cure these things, and I sort of like showing that these mental illnesses don't exclusively lead negative results. It shows that if managed properly, the possibility for positive outcomes exist as well. And the boarding house would alleviate the major negatives in his life (presumably at least).

The episode was also just pretty funny. The interconnectivity between the stories continues to be a constant joy and I have to say, the facial expressions of the live-action actors have never been as great as they were here. Some great reactions.

Narcissism's next, huh? That's going to be interesting one.
Oct 24, 2022 1:41 PM

Jan 2020
I'll tell ya what, lmao. This would be a hell of a series to watch if you were a hypochondriac. More than once I've even been like, "Oh shit, I do that." Checking locked doors over and over, wondering about if I left a door locked or if the oven is still on when I leave the house, and self-destructive thoughts, just to name a couple. The main difference is I don't act on them, or let them disrupt my life. And, as far as I can tell, I think a lot of people experience stuff like that to varying degrees anyway. It seems pretty normal.

Anyway, overall another strong episode. Irabu really stood out this time with his mounted attacks on the rival hospital, lmao.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 24, 2022 9:13 PM

Jan 2010
I can't believe it, the fight in episode 6 was actually Yoshio trying to get revenge for his article being used for illicit means. This really is a connected universe.

Also, holy crap, this episode is too real, even considering all the other episodes prior. This kind of insecurity is the stuff shady insurance salespeople prey on. I noticed this in the last episode, where the patient, Seiji, had overexaggerated and hyperintense visions of sharp objects. Here, Yoshio is having these vivid images of his entire apartment building burning down or flooding due to a forgotten lit cigarette or running water faucet. While these seem like hyperbole, I can understand anxieties regarding uncertainties like constantly checking your front door if it's locked, constantly checking sent emails to see if you spelt everything right, or constantly checking your pocket to ensure your keys are there. It's absolutely maddening.

This episode's psychological phenomenon aside, why is it that every patient so far has been male? I wonder if there's any particular reason for that.
ShockedOct 24, 2022 9:23 PM
Apr 7, 2023 9:39 AM
Dec 2022
best episode/arc so far
lets all love lain.
Apr 19, 10:34 PM
Dust collector

Sep 2021
LMAO this episode was like looking at myself. I'm always checking on stuff multiple times and I also do these silly things like pointing and saying phrases to make sure what I'm seeing is real.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2009

53 by Karva1 »»
May 4, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2009

69 by Karva1 »»
May 4, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2009

95 by Karva1 »»
May 4, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

grapeofdeath - Oct 15, 2009

197 by Karva1 »»
May 4, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2009

113 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.