Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Mar 2 - 8

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 10, 2015 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
NotJizzyHitler said:
rederoin said:

Split-cour has never been cancelled before.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/21437/Buddy_Complex

Was not canceled.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Oct 2014
Z4k said:

Ayyy lol even the opening of TG is going to sell more than Death parade.

Justin Bieber sold more than Michael Jackson, does that mean he was better(more talented). than MJ?

NO.

Jan 2015
LordPerucho said:
Z4k said:

Justin Bieber sold more than Michael Jackson, does that mean he was better than MJ?

NO.

LOL WHAT
Mar 10, 2015 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
ChairForceOne said:
rederoin said:

Split-cour has never been cancelled before.

If they reduce the episodes its bad enough.

BTW I'm tempted to go post on 4chan that DRRR failed to meet sales projections, and link it here. It's functionally equivalent to a 2ch post about predictions.

Good for you.
It still won't be cancelled. 5.9k in wk1 is still not low.

Feb 2012
Rail Wars stay selling lol.

Jan 2015
rederoin said:
ChairForceOne said:

If they reduce the episodes its bad enough.

BTW I'm tempted to go post on 4chan that DRRR failed to meet sales projections, and link it here. It's functionally equivalent to a 2ch post about predictions.

Good for you.
It still won't be cancelled.

Why do you sound upset? I'm not being rude to you. Don't be a dick about it.
Mar 10, 2015 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
ChairForceOne said:

...what?

Mar 10, 2015 9:11 AM

Sep 2011
rederoin said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/21437/Buddy_Complex

Was not canceled.
it was supposed to be a 2 cour show but was cancelled, just cause it has 2 episodes to wrap up doesnt mean it wasnt cancelled thats like saying the original gundam wasnt cancelled cause they got a few episodes to wrap things up earlier

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 10, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
rederoin said:
ChairForceOne said:

...what?

Read what you typed.

Not only were you disproven a few posts up but you said "Good for you". Do you not understand that's a rude thing to say to someone who is worried about their favorite show? Also, you have no idea what will happen. Only the studio does.
Mar 10, 2015 9:14 AM

Apr 2014
LordPerucho said:
Z4k said:

Justin Bieber sold more than Michael Jackson, does that mean he was better(more talented). than MJ?

NO.

Flawed logic such as that can be applied in any argument. But I still have to laugh because your post hardly made any sense at all in regards to what I actually meant.
Mar 10, 2015 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
[quote=NotJizzyHitler]

Where did the say it was supposed to be 2-cour? Not to mention it was a 1k~ seller, bringing it up against Drrr is pointless.

ChairForceOn said:

I know what will probably happen.
What, do you just want me to blindly agree with you? Even though even 2-cour shows like Chaika that acteally sold like shit did not get cancelled?

6k~ is not low, get over it. I would bet 500$ that it would not get cancelled if that was acteally do-able over the internet.
....Fuck it, i'm done here.

Mar 10, 2015 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
yey SAO doing well, also seakanai <3
ChairForceOne said:
rederoin said:

...what?

Read what you typed.

Not only were you disproven a few posts up but you said "Good for you". Do you not understand that's a rude thing to say to someone who is worried about their favorite show? Also, you have no idea what will happen. Only the studio does.

LOL O.o

that's exactly why we collect statistics and make conclusions/predictions...
Mar 10, 2015 9:17 AM

Jan 2015
rederoin said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

Where did the say it was supposed to be 2-cour? Not to mention it was a 1k~ seller, bringing it up against Drrr is pointless.

I know what will probably happen.
What, do you just want me to blindly agree with you? Even though even 2-cour shows like Chaika that acteally sold like shit did not get cancelled?

6k~ is not low, get over it.

"Get over it" is also rude. Why are you being so mean just because I don't agree with you? If I tell you that you know everything will it make you be nice again?
Mar 10, 2015 9:18 AM

Oct 2007
ChairForceOne said:
Please stay away from 4chan.
Mar 10, 2015 9:19 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:

Flawed logic such as that can be applied in any argument. But I still have to laugh because your post hardly made any sense at all in regards to what I actually meant.

So you agree Rolling Girls is better than Tokyo Ghoul Root A?

Cool.

Dec 2013
Imagine if Sekai is still active in MAL , this discussion would be much better LOL

Nov 2008
That ED for Dog Days" is even weaker than I thought, the sales are just bad for an anime ending song.

Mar 10, 2015 9:20 AM

Jan 2015
I'm not trying to be rude. I have no idea how sales work. I am just a humble man who really loves Durarara. Like. I LOVE Durarara. The fear is in my soul.

Jan 2014
moonnya said:
Imagine if Sekai is still active in MAL , this discussion would be much better LOL

OH BOY, LMFAO

Apr 2014
LordPerucho said:
Z4k said:

So you agree Rolling Girls is better than Tokyo Ghoul Root A?

Cool.

*facepalm* You're not making sense at all.
Mar 10, 2015 9:22 AM

Oct 2014
You are being bias again, Zak-kun.

Just because you think Death Parade sucks and thats why they are getting that kind of sales.

Mar 10, 2015 9:24 AM

Jan 2015
LordPerucho said:

Just because you think Death Parade sucks and thats why they are getting that kind of sales.

There is no bias behind it. If you think Bieber has outsold Michael Jackson you shouldn't be outdoors.
Mar 10, 2015 9:28 AM

Aug 2011
ChairForceOne said:

6.2k volume 1 sales with a ticket (or so i heard)

チケット優先販売申込券 is the coupon to request the ticket priorly not the ticket itself.
Which means you have to pay when you buy the ticket. This coupon just helps you get the ticket easily than people who don't have.

Oct 2014
ChairForceOne said:

There is no bias behind it. If you think Bieber has outsold Michael Jackson you shouldn't be outdoors.

He did like 3 years ago....
http://www.mtv.com/news/1660299/justin-bieber-never-say-never-box-office/

But again it doesnt mean Bieber was more talented than MJ...

Apr 2014
LordPerucho said:

Mar 10, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
having fandom in sales thread ruins the whole entire mood

take ur dick riding outta here and look at the numbers
Mar 10, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2012
BD box resale left and right.

Oregairu almost 5,000 BD box resale, and digimon adventure at 12,000!

Monogatari owning the chart as always, Saekano doing decently well at over 5,000 for BD and another 1,000 for DVD.

And of course Lisa topping the CD album. Why wouldn't she :D
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 10, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2012
Is Fafner any good ?! I watched few episodes of 1st season, and it was shit and generic. Can't believe it selling that high!!
Mar 10, 2015 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:
Agafin said:
Lots of flops. The Tokyo Ghoul anime is probably really hated in Jpan, it's quite unpopular especially when you factor in how popular the manga is. Same for AssClass which I thought would do better.

Quite the exaggeration. TG sales are fine. NNT disc sales are also in that level, doesn't mean the anime is hated, since it has good TV ratings, TG being a late night anime, unfortunately means it didn't have good TV ratings.
Aren't tv ratings determining fatcor for prime timeslot anime while disc sales are for late night? I even remember you telling me that during our discussion aboout Kiseijuu's popularity. That should mean that NNT is popular while TG(the anime) is not.

Z4k said:
Agafin said:
Lots of flops. The Tokyo Ghoul anime is probably really hated in Jpan, it's quite unpopular especially when you factor in how popular the manga is. Same for AssClass which I thought would do better.

Actually the Tokyo ghoul BD sales are doing the same as season 1. In fact the preorders slightly increased after episode 9 . But yes I expected AssClass to do a lot better.

I was talking about both seasons. It sells really little compared to anime whose manga have similar popularity (like Haikyuu or KnB).
Yeah Assclass is a flop in every possible way imginable. The manga has no visible boost and the anime has great chances of bombing.
Mar 10, 2015 10:44 AM

Jan 2015
Moodie said:
having fandom in sales thread ruins the whole entire mood

take ur dick riding outta here and look at the numbers

So mean. :(
Mar 10, 2015 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
Agafin said:
I was talking about both seasons. It sells really little compared to anime whose manga have similar popularity (like Haikyuu or KnB).
Yeah Assclass is a flop in every possible way imginable. The manga has no visible boost and the anime has great chances of bombing.

But Haikyuu and KnB are quite different than TG and catered towards a completely different audience. A better comparison would've been Magi which had an amazing manga boost similar to TG but the BD sales of the second season were quite less. IIRC it was 5k which is more or less the same as TG's sales.
Mar 10, 2015 11:47 AM
Apr 2009
Yeah for Monogatari "Final Season". Peace!
Mar 10, 2015 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
tsubasalover said:
*8. *1,222 15,136 Sword Art Online II Vol.5 Limited Edition
*5. *,939 **,939 Naruto: Shippuuden "Ninkai Taisen - Dai 7-han Futatabi" Vol.3
11. *,428 *2,985 Durarara!!x2 Shou Vol.1 Limited Edition

31. *2,175 *2,175 Tokyo Ghoul √A OP "Munou" by österreich
84. **,785 *2,852 Death Parade OP "Flyers" by BRADIO
The infamous Japanese shit taste strikes again

Why am I not surprised?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 10, 2015 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
Agafin said:
.Yeah Assclass is a flop in every possible way imginable. The manga has no visible boost and the anime has great chances of bombing.

Older volumes are already nearing the 1 million mark before the anime so the boost won't show on the charts but it's still getting a boost.
Merchandise sales alone will make the anime a success for assclass and almost every LN series as well.
Mar 10, 2015 1:30 PM

Sep 2011
tsubasalover said:
13. *8,068 *8,068 Dog Days'' ED "Stay With Me" by Yui Horie

Go Hocchan!
Mar 10, 2015 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
Blu-ray
11. *1,007 11,388 Shirobako

Still holding, YES!

And Haikyuu!! as well :3 not bad
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Mar 10, 2015 5:28 PM

Aug 2010
Glad that the Digimon Blu-ray sold so well.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 10, 2015 11:51 PM

Jan 2009
TheNaturalPerm said:
Kamisama Hajimemashita flopped hard huh. 800 for a first volume seems quite abysmal.

This the trend for Shoujo animes, they are flopping extremely hard in sales for the past 2 years. Don't know why studios want to lose money making them.
Mar 11, 2015 12:10 AM

Jan 2015
DarthVantos said:
TheNaturalPerm said:
Kamisama Hajimemashita flopped hard huh. 800 for a first volume seems quite abysmal.

This the trend for Shoujo animes, they are flopping extremely hard in sales for the past 2 years. Don't know why studios want to lose money making them.

Manga name recognition.
Mar 11, 2015 5:28 AM

Jul 2014
Im glad that Monogatari Series is 1st one, raelly nice :)
[right]"Boobs are heavier than a man’s life."
~~ Issei Hyodo
Mar 11, 2015 5:44 AM

Jan 2014
moonnya said:
#neverforget

LordPerucho said:
ChairForceOne said:

He did like 3 years ago....
http://www.mtv.com/news/1660299/justin-bieber-never-say-never-box-office/

But again it doesnt mean Bieber was more talented than MJ...
yeah,and planes are faster than ox-carts...Can i use this fact in any argument to prove anything?The answer is big NO,cause world is changing and 8 years old girls have credit cards now....
Mar 11, 2015 6:52 AM

Jul 2010
I'm really glad to see Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso approaching 10K in sales for volume 1. I am looking forward to being able to buy it here in the US...
Mar 11, 2015 7:08 AM

Jul 2013
Agafin said:

Hm, quite funny since both HQ and KnB are made by I.G Port while TG is made by Pierrot. Both the former were adapted decently with decent budget while the latter is basically 140+ chapters of content cramped into 2-cour, even going its own original route while having all sorts of things done wrong. If only there will be a TG Brotherhood announcement by other capable studio later on, I'm pretty sure the BD sales will be pretty similar or even higher than the two series.

Mar 11, 2015 8:18 AM

Mar 2015
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
Oregairu
Sword art
Seirei Tsukai no blade dance
Amagi Brilliant Park
Mahouka koukou no rettosei

GO GO GO..i want Season 2 <3
Mar 11, 2015 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
tsubasalover said:
Blu-ray
*3. *5,482 *5,482 Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Vol.1 Limited Edition

DVD
*3. 1,110 *1,110 Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Vol.1 Limited Edition

How the Hell is this number 3 in both categories? It's god awful.
Mar 11, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2014
TFO1013 said:
tsubasalover said:
Blu-ray

DVD

*opinions?
Mar 11, 2015 5:52 PM

Nov 2007
zensunni said:
I'm really glad to see Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso approaching 10K in sales for volume 1.

It has already hit 10k sales (8,520 BD + 3,032 DVD = 11,552) this week. You shouldn't ignore the DVD sales, like many on MAL do. I recall last week someone claiming Drrr x2 Vol.1 sold 3k, when in fact it was closer to 6k if they actually looked at the DVD sales too.

TFO1013 said:
tsubasalover said:
Blu-ray

DVD

Wow, I guess you think everyone has the same opinion as you do? Well I hope it isn't too shocking for you that most people in Japan buy anime if pretty much all these factors are satisfied:

● they enjoy it (anime is a form of entertainment medium after all)
● it is rewatchable (anime is very expensive in Japan, so typically Japanese fans buy 2~3 series every season)
● it has a good balance of artwork, animation, music (OP/ED/OST), character interaction, story, seiyuu performance, etc (need to actually look at the whole package rather than a limited view as some in the West do... e.g. only use story as an indication of quality)

Optional factors:
● it has a good bonus bundled and therefore the price doesn't really matter
● the fan is a collector

Since people are actually spending BIG money here on this type of hobby, so your opinion doesn't really matter at all unless you also import anime from Japan? You can bash the anime you don't like all you want, but it won't change the success or failure of the said anime in Japan.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 11, 2015 9:10 PM
May 2011
Alright, so, theoretically, the successful Bluray sales for Digimon will increase tri's budget.

In which case, we'd be talking about a $3-4 million bonus? Would this add much to the series, or would a budget increase do little to help the quality of the animation?

If not, what does the money go to? Other Toei shows? Building more merchandise?
Mar 11, 2015 9:43 PM

Oct 2013
Kiniest said:
Alright, so, theoretically, the successful Bluray sales for Digimon will increase tri's budget.

In which case, we'd be talking about a $3-4 million bonus? Would this add much to the series, or would a budget increase do little to help the quality of the animation?

If not, what does the money go to? Other Toei shows? Building more merchandise?

The budget, schedule and resources for the series is already all planned(When a series gets green-lit is because it is everything fixed. The most interesting case is Evangelion, that had budget problems when the series was mega popular).
The production is already defined and will not change, unless if for some odd reason there is an injection of money(or other thing) late in the game(production) or if the series is more than 1 year, something that I don't believe given that others Digimon series were normally only around 50 episodes(1 year).

Any profit received that is not for production goes to Toei company, but normally it isn't counted as capital to spend in the current year. So we will not see the effect of that, if there is any effect at all, this year.
Companies each year/semester/trimester refresh their financial situation, normally it is yearly, because it is less risky.

If I had any authority about the capital a company as to spend, I would try stabilize the money available to spend each year as much as possible. Other way the risk of things going awry is that much bigger.
Of course that if the company has a huge increase of profits, that should be mapped as well in the money available.

Last information about Toei available capital is 2,867,000,000 yens that is 23.6 Million dollars(23,600,000$).
Mar 11, 2015 11:08 PM
May 2011
bigivelfhq said:

The budget, schedule and resources for the series is already all planned(When a series gets green-lit is because it is everything fixed. The most interesting case is Evangelion, that had budget problems when the series was mega popular).
The production is already defined and will not change, unless if for some odd reason there is an injection of money(or other thing) late in the game(production) or if the series is more than 1 year, something that I don't believe given that others Digimon series were normally only around 50 episodes(1 year).

Any profit received that is not for production goes to Toei company, but normally it isn't counted as capital to spend in the current year. So we will not see the effect of that, if there is any effect at all, this year.
Companies each year/semester/trimester refresh their financial situation, normally it is yearly, because it is less risky.

If I had any authority about the capital a company as to spend, I would try stabilize the money available to spend each year as much as possible. Other way the risk of things going awry is that much bigger.
Of course that if the company has a huge increase of profits, that should be mapped as well in the money available.

Last information about Toei available capital is 2,867,000,000 yens that is 23.6 Million dollars(23,600,000$).

Ah, so that's how it works. Alright, thanks a bunch for the detailed explanation.

In which case, because Digimon Adventure's new Bluray sales were so high, that probably helps to stabilize the situation quite a bit. Think they might do a box for 02 as well, since the first was so successful? It seems like an obvious way to ease the financial situation.

Or is 02 not as well received in Japan as Adventure is?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

6 by Unleashed_SM »»
4 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
1 hour ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Zedlin »»
1 hour ago

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

2 by Zedlin »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

9 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.