Forum Settings
Forums

19 year old gang rape victim to receive 200 lashes and 6 months in jail

New
Mar 4, 2015 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
I don't usually like posting this kind of news anymore but I fucking hate Saudia Arabia so yeah.

http://www.livebuddhism.com/2015/02/19-year-old-gang-rape-victim-to-receive.html?m=1

There's the source.

A Saudi Arabian woman must be accompanied by a male guardian — typically relative — at all times in public. The rape victim violated this law by meeting a friend to retrieve a picture.

Fuck that country, I hope the guy who made the decision gets AIDS and then prostate cancer.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 4, 2015 5:37 AM

Jan 2015
Yet again the US says nothing, but of course they can say that the russians are homophobic. gg
There is something really wrong with Saudi Arabia, that's for sure. I mean, I can see why it would be better to be accompanied by a male guardian, but punishing the victim for violating the law WHEN she was the one who was assaulted/raped is just so wrong on so many levels.
The only thing more retarded than this was when the rapist had to marry the victim as punishment (I think it was a story in the Bible but it also happened in real life).
Here's a new law: Anyone who enforces these laws and follows them should be executed.
Mar 4, 2015 5:41 AM
Feb 2014
I was gonna complain until I saw that she is a Shi’ite........well played my dear Gov.
Mar 4, 2015 5:50 AM

Jan 2009
OP, you've just been trolled.
1- It's 2006 news recycled by the totally fair livebuddhism.com
2- The girl didn't receive any punishment. A Royal pardon was issued for her.
3- The perpetrators were sentenced for 80 to 1,000 lashes and imprisonment up to ten years for four of them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatif_rape_case
OkiuraMar 4, 2015 5:53 AM
Mar 4, 2015 6:57 AM

Jan 2014
____________Bash said:
I was gonna complain until I saw that she is a Shi’ite........well played my dear Gov.

That's pretty edgy Bash.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 4, 2015 7:21 AM
Feb 2014
RedRoseFring said:
____________Bash said:

That's pretty edgy Bash.

I know :c

Okiura said:
3- The perpetrators were sentenced for 80 to 1,000 lashes and imprisonment up to ten years for four of them

Thx mate!
Mar 4, 2015 9:24 AM

Mar 2014
____________Bash said:

Top fugging lel

I stopped there too.
Okiura said:

huehuehue
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Mar 4, 2015 9:31 AM

May 2013
Please be less Islamaphobic in this thread. This is their culture and their religion.

If they want to practice this in Europe and America we should allow it because tolerance for the sake of tolerance is good no matter what.
Mar 4, 2015 9:36 AM

Apr 2013
Pxi2 said:
Please be less Islamaphobic in this thread. This is their culture and their religion.

If they want to practice this in Europe and America we should allow it because tolerance for the sake of tolerance is good no matter what.

Read the thread before you try to justify your racism. This thread has nothing to do with the west.

Link me to anyone on MAL saying that rape is tolerable if its committed by a Muslim because of political correctness. Bet you can't because you're only making up extreme situations to serve your purpose.
NudeBearMar 4, 2015 9:39 AM
Mar 4, 2015 11:41 AM
Oct 2010
Okiura said:

She was issued a Royal pardon for what? What did she do that required royal intervention to pardon her case? Let me help: she was "being alone with a man who is not a relative". If you think this is an actionable offense, punishable by 'lashing' and jail time, you have brain damage. It is not about culture or anything: it is about being brain damaged.

Finally, 2006 is not current news so the thread does not belong here, but it is not ancient history either. We are not musing about laws that are not there anymore.
Mar 4, 2015 11:50 AM

Jun 2011
hentai_proxy said:
Okiura said:

She was issued a Royal pardon for what? What did she do that required royal intervention to pardon her case? Let me help: she was "being alone with a man who is not a relative".
yes she was pardoned for a crime that shouldn't be a crime... your point? not news
Mar 4, 2015 11:55 AM

Sep 2012
She's not being punished for being raped, she's being punished for committing adultery, while unfortunately was also coincidentally raped. Also the guy she was with was also raped and received the same exact sentence.

They were both pardoned.

Yes, it's a stupid shitty law, but fluffing it up with all this moral outrage rape context and focusing unanimously on her victimhood, is just dishonest.
Mar 4, 2015 12:00 PM
Oct 2010
Red_Keys said:
She's not being punished for being raped, she's being punished for committing adultery

a·dul·ter·y
əˈdəlt(ə)rē/
noun
noun: adultery; plural noun: adulteries

voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

-----

"I [was] 19 years old. I had a relationship with someone on the phone. We were both 16. I had never seen him before. I just knew his voice. He started to threaten me, and I got afraid. He threatened to tell my family about the relationship. Because of the threats and fear, I agreed to give him a photo of myself," she recounted.

"A few months [later], I asked him for the photo back but he refused. I had gotten married to another man. He said, 'I'll give you the photo on the condition that you come out with me in my car.' I told him we could meet at a souk [market] near my neighborhood city plaza in Qatif.

"He started to drive me home. We were 15 minutes from my house. I told him that I was afraid and that he should speed up. We were about to turn the corner to my house when they [another car] stopped right in front of our car. Two people got out of their car and stood on either side of our car. The man on my side had a knife. They tried to open our door. I told the individual with me not to open the door, but he did. He let them come in. I screamed.

"One of the men brought a knife to my throat. They told me not to speak. They pushed us to the back of the car and started driving. We drove a lot, but I didn't see anything since my head was forced down."[2]
Mar 4, 2015 12:16 PM
Feb 2014
Damn that totally sounded like a Saudi Arabian/Kuwaiti drama.

I feel sorry for her,but she gave him her pics and rode his car like what did she except?anyways she didn't get the sentence and those fuckers got what they deserve.
Mar 4, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
Pxi2 said:

Pretty much.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 4, 2015 5:13 PM

Dec 2007
hentai_proxy said:
Red_Keys said:
She's not being punished for being raped, she's being punished for committing adultery

a·dul·ter·y
əˈdəlt(ə)rē/
noun
noun: adultery; plural noun: adulteries

voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

-----

"I [was] 19 years old. I had a relationship with someone on the phone. We were both 16. I had never seen him before. I just knew his voice. He started to threaten me, and I got afraid. He threatened to tell my family about the relationship. Because of the threats and fear, I agreed to give him a photo of myself," she recounted.

"A few months [later], I asked him for the photo back but he refused. I had gotten married to another man. He said, 'I'll give you the photo on the condition that you come out with me in my car.' I told him we could meet at a souk [market] near my neighborhood city plaza in Qatif.

"He started to drive me home. We were 15 minutes from my house. I told him that I was afraid and that he should speed up. We were about to turn the corner to my house when they [another car] stopped right in front of our car. Two people got out of their car and stood on either side of our car. The man on my side had a knife. They tried to open our door. I told the individual with me not to open the door, but he did. He let them come in. I screamed.

"One of the men brought a knife to my throat. They told me not to speak. They pushed us to the back of the car and started driving. We drove a lot, but I didn't see anything since my head was forced down."[2]
Your definition of adultery is not their definition. The word translates to English as adultery, but the meaning is not exactly the same. It's that "lost in translation" thing. It is still accurate to use the word "adultery," as that's the standard translation, and is less of a mouthful than something like "illicit rendezvous." And since we're using a translation of a foreign language word, English definitions are an inappropriate thing to try and beat people over the head with.

I'll also clarify for him:
She was charged with being alone with a man who was not a member of her family. She was not, at least initially, charged with adultery as we define it. She was not charged because she was raped. As stupid as this seems to us, there is a law* there that says she cannot be alone with a non-family male. This charge, and sentence, would still have appeared even if her excursion had not resulted in any harm to here, and merely been reported to the authorities.

Also, the original sentence was 90 lashes. She got a retrial the next year where they claimed the full circumstances were not properly reported to the police and constituted the Arabic word that translates to adultery. She got an additional 110 lashes for those.

*The Saudi system is not fully codified, and this was an interpretation of a strict form of Islamic law, but interpretation is up to the judge, and they have an amount of leeway that would even make some dictators jealous.
Mar 4, 2015 5:16 PM
Mar 2011
Sakuyae said:
Yet again the US says nothing, but of course they can say that the russians are homophobic.

they also crop up the dictatorships in that aera the us
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 4, 2015 5:22 PM

Aug 2014
That's a lot of lashes

Mar 5, 2015 9:54 PM
Feb 2014
McGibletz said:
That's a lot of lashes

Not if you were a masochist.
Mar 7, 2015 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
He'd probably die during the first 30 lashes.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.