Forum Settings
Forums

'Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki' to Air Summer 2015

New
Feb 19, 2015 1:19 AM

Nov 2007

It was announced at a press conference today that a TV anime titled Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki (Red Dragon War) will air in Summer 2015, along with a storytelling board game and smartphone game by Sega Networks.

Chaos Dragon will be based on the role-playing fiction project Red Dragon, a story which was created by five notable character designers: Gen Urobochi (Fate/Zero), Kinoko Nasu (Kara no Kyoukai), Iduki Kougyoku (Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou), Ryohgo Narita (Durarara!!), and Simadoriru (member of the Stripe Pattern doujin circle). The results of their tabletop role-playing game sessions over six days created material for a seven-volume light novel series illustrated by Simadoriru and published by Seikaisha.

Synopsis
The story takes place in Huanli (the Year of Dazzling) 3015. Donatia and Kouran, two countries fighting for supremacy, are causing the world to be torn apart due to the constant war. Amidst the strife is the island country Nil Kamui, which has lost its independence. Red Dragon, the guardian god of Nil Kamui, goes out of control. Will the island country be able to regain its independence?

Staff
Director: Masato Matsune
Studio: Silver Link, Connect
Series Composition: Ukyou Kodachi
Supportive Composition: Shou Aikawa
Music: Hitoshi Sakimoto

Chaos Dragon PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJjrpe0Ubo4
Original Red Dragon PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3u54joR5lw

Anime official site: http://chaosdragon.red/
Multimedia project official site: http://chaosdragon.jp/

Source: Famitsu

Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 14, 2016 2:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2015 1:20 AM

Nov 2011
So many noticeable writers and that staff. Interesting. On second thought, the staff seems a bit fresh so we'll see what happens.

This looks like a hit or miss but I'll keep up good hopes for it.
Feb 19, 2015 1:23 AM
Mar 2012
Definitely hyped for this, the game and setting was enjoyable. A lot of Type-Moon figures are also involved with the project. Can't wait to see Eiha and Ibuki animated~
Feb 19, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2009
Narita Ryohgo and Nasu Kinoko? I'M IN.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2015 1:30 AM

Jan 2011
I recall reading a little about Red Dragon on the Type-Moon wiki sometime back.
Feb 19, 2015 1:31 AM

Feb 2014
I'm really interested in this but gotta keep my expectations at minimum. I trust these notable writers though.

Feb 19, 2015 1:34 AM

Jul 2013
tsubasalover said:

Synopsis
The story takes place in Huanli (the Year of Dazzling) 3015. Donatia and Kouran, two countries fighting for supremacy, are causing the world to be torn apart due to the constant war. Amidst the strife is the island country Nil Kamui, which has lost its independence. Red Dragon, the guardian god of Nil Kamui, goes out of control. Will the island country be able to regain its independence?

I don't know but this synopsis makes me wet. Probably will watch!
Feb 19, 2015 2:00 AM

Dec 2013
Sounds pretty interesting definitely check this out. Especially if Urobuchi is involved.
Feb 19, 2015 2:51 AM

Mar 2013
Seriously barely no hype MAL?
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Feb 19, 2015 2:58 AM

Jan 2013
"The results of their tabletop role-playing game sessions over six days created material for a seven-volume light novel series"

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Feb 19, 2015 3:00 AM

Jan 2015
It looks interesting :)
Feb 19, 2015 3:13 AM

Jan 2013
grymdylan said:
"The results of their tabletop role-playing game sessions over six days created material for a seven-volume light novel series"

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHHA

sounds like a recipe for disaster indeed
Feb 19, 2015 3:23 AM

Mar 2012
>not Ufotable

it`s shit then.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Feb 19, 2015 3:30 AM
May 2013
"Gen Urobochi (Fate/Zero), Kinoko Nasu (Kara no Kyoukai),Ryohgo Narita (Durarara!!)"
*FANGASM INTENSIFIES*
Feb 19, 2015 3:44 AM

Mar 2013
Zeta986 said:
>not Ufotable

it`s shit then.

I found that weird as well.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Feb 19, 2015 4:14 AM
Feb 2015
I think, I'll watch this!! Looks good
Feb 19, 2015 4:14 AM

Dec 2012
tsubasalover said:
Chaos Dragon will be based on the role-playing fiction project Red Dragon, a story which was created by five notable character designers: Gen Urobochi

Notable character designer? Urobuchi? Did I miss something?
I like anime.
Feb 19, 2015 4:18 AM

Jan 2011
grymdylan said:

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHHA
That's how Lodoss Wars started out.
Feb 19, 2015 4:21 AM
Mar 2014
This sounds terrible and basically summarizes why I can't take these writers seriously. A tabletop game to decide the events of the series? Really?
Feb 19, 2015 4:23 AM

Oct 2010
A collaboration of Mimizuku LN writer, TYPE-MOON leader(?), tragic Urobutcher and the writer of Baccano in one project? Im in!
Feb 19, 2015 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
My body is ready
Feb 19, 2015 4:29 AM

Apr 2012
Great staff, I'll try this one. More butchering is always welcome

Feb 19, 2015 4:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That's one hell of a writer lineup
Feb 19, 2015 5:10 AM

Sep 2013
grymdylan said:

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHHA

lol, my reaction exactly
Feb 19, 2015 5:19 AM

Mar 2013
Interesting,
Add to my plan to watch list :)
Feb 19, 2015 5:43 AM

Jun 2011
>Barely clothed fox-like young girl
Hope lost.

Never cared for those writers, personally find them overrated, the synopsis was interesting, but then.. ^ that happened.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 19, 2015 6:18 AM
Dec 2013
vodall said:
This sounds terrible and basically summarizes why I can't take these writers seriously. A tabletop game to decide the events of the series? Really?

looking at favourite anime..lol
I can't take you seriously
Feb 19, 2015 6:22 AM

Jul 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
Hope lost.

+1
Feb 19, 2015 6:35 AM

Jun 2008
This might go both ways, but i'm interested.
Feb 19, 2015 6:55 AM

Dec 2013
ainky said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Hope lost.

+1

+1
Feb 19, 2015 6:58 AM

Mar 2014
So Silver Link has 2 shows for Summer, great news, staff is pretty new overall but that's not really a problem.

I think my expectations would be higher if this was about how 5 random Japanese nerds came up with a story after they RP'd a bit but this leaves me interested in seeing what these guys did, writers working together like this is a great idea.

That original PV though.
"And Ryohgo Narita... everything is a mystery."
LOL, nailed it.
And of course Urobuchi has the dark guy and Nasu has Fate/Prototype's Saber, god damn it.
Paulo27Feb 19, 2015 7:02 AM
Feb 19, 2015 7:03 AM

Jun 2014
SILVER LINK
:3
Feb 19, 2015 7:10 AM

Feb 2009
I'll board this flying pussyfoot.
Feb 19, 2015 7:15 AM

Aug 2013
I have a feeling that it won't be as good as it sounds... and it's fantasy, which I'm not too much a fan of, anyway. Buuut.....veeerrrryy tempting.
Feb 19, 2015 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
vodall said:

That's the kind of garbage you get, especially when a name like "Urobuchi Gen" is mentioned.
Feb 19, 2015 7:50 AM

Jun 2014
Nisx said:
Interesting,
Add to my plan to watch list :)
All credit goes to Sacred.
Feb 19, 2015 7:56 AM

Aug 2014
Get together, play an RPG
-Write a novel about it
-Get an anime adaptations
-monies roll in

With names like Urobuchi, Nasu and Narita, this will probably be pretty successful. As for it's actual quality....
grymdylan said:

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHHA

lmao

I guess we'll find out lol
InsertanamehereFeb 19, 2015 8:27 AM
Feb 19, 2015 8:06 AM

Nov 2008
I better file this under F for future failure. It just can't sell and it sounds like it's going to suck as well.

Feb 19, 2015 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
grymdylan said:

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Lol couldn't have said it any better.
Feb 19, 2015 8:43 AM
Aug 2010
I doubt this will be worth watching (for me). #1 being:
grymdylan said:

The fox girl isn't giving me high hopes either.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Feb 19, 2015 9:05 AM

Sep 2013
It might be interesting, i'm a little hyped to see how this will end up.
Feb 19, 2015 9:12 AM

May 2012
Action, Fantasy and Supernatural genre with badass looking characters !! How can this be bad ?

This already good for me. I just hope it will be masterpiece
Feb 19, 2015 9:43 AM

Mar 2012
this might get some very good characters (From the Drrrr guy); and some very bad ones (Nasu). Story might be either really good or bad either. So let's wait and see
Feb 19, 2015 10:50 AM

Mar 2013
god why would they do this to a fox girl? WHY? ITS SO NOT CUTE

http://puu.sh/g3UMn/2b1701353c.png

FUCKING DROPPED
Feb 19, 2015 11:20 AM

Feb 2013
I think this has the potential to be really meta hilarious. Like, if the creators end up getting in some kind of struggle for whose style comes out on top it would be easy to see it in the show as each control a different character. In this case I have faith in Urobutcher most, because Nasu can go either way with his characters, and Narita's strength comes from the interactions between his diverse characters so I'm not sure how he'd do with only one character. No idea about the other two, but the furry girl makes me very nervous.
Feb 19, 2015 12:31 PM

Aug 2012
Nasu, Narita and Gen?
I'm in heaven?
Feb 19, 2015 12:33 PM

Oct 2007
vodall said:

Honestly the way most stories turn out I'm not entirely convinced this isn't just how its normally done and they're just kind of going public with it now. Its like the South Park episode with the manatees. Clearly this just demonstrated though what utterly brilliant writers Urobuchi, Nasu and co are.

Anyway I take the anime industry just a little less seriously with this one. Now not only is its solution to everything to ask Urobuchi, Nasu and the VN scene for ideas, these people aren't even coming up with their own ideas either but taking it about as seriously as a tabletop game
Lol
Feb 19, 2015 12:48 PM

Oct 2007
ToG25thBaam said:
Hope lost.

Never cared for those writers, personally find them overrated, the synopsis was interesting, but then.. ^ that happened.

Overrated and tired. The industry has been milking Urobuchi and Nasus name ridiculously hard of late but i can barely take them seriously at this point and see them as just popular names to attract people and get them all hyped up. Theres nothing particularly special or noteworthy about any of them other than their extended popularity with past hyped up hits and its not exactly like they're particularly scarce these days either. Its just boring seeing them thrown together on these projects and far from a guarantee its going to result in some masterpiece based off of some cell phone game. I mean yeah Shingeki no Bahamut was surprisingly fun but hardly a masterpiece. Tanime just no logical reason to expect anything special out of a show some hyped up overexposed writers are designing using the results of a tabletop game. Plus I'm sick to death of all this meta anime crap of late. Is the industry so full of cynicism at this point that its incapable of just telling a good old fashioned story without resulting to these gimmicks and tired list of overhyped names? Its just becoming increasingly insulting by the season at least to me.

edit: and from the sounds of it they aren't even writing it at all, its Shou Aikatsu who is extremely hut or miss. It sounds like the anime industry is just so bloody desperate at this point that it will do literally anything to get popular names on a project even if they barely have anything to do withit beyond the crcreative phase and even when its just based on a board game result. Pathetic.
PeacingOutFeb 19, 2015 12:54 PM
Feb 19, 2015 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Hope lost.

Overrated and tired. The industry has been milking Urobuchi and Nasus name ridiculously hard of late but i can barely take them seriously at this point and see them as just popular names to attract people and get them all hyped up. Theres nothing particularly special or noteworthy about any of them other than their extended popularity with past hyped up hits and its not exactly like they're particularly scarce these days either. Its just boring seeing them thrown together on these projects and far from a guarantee its going to result in some masterpiece based off of some cell phone game. I mean yeah Shingeki no Bahamut was surprisingly fun but hardly a masterpiece. Tanime just no logical reason to expect anything special out of a show some hyped up overexposed writers are designing using the results of a tabletop game. Plus I'm sick to death of all this meta anime crap of late. Is the industry so full of cynicism at this point that its incapable of just telling a good old fashioned story without resulting to these gimmicks and tired list of overhyped names? Its just becoming increasingly insulting by the season at least to me.

edit: and from the sounds of it they aren't even writing it at all, its Shou Aikatsu who is extremely hut or miss. It sounds like the anime industry is just so bloody desperate at this point that it will do literally anything to get popular names on a project even if they barely have anything to do withit beyond the crcreative phase and even when its just based on a board game result. Pathetic.

There's almost nothing easy left to adapt, so they go to the very bottom of the barrel to milk the last of what they think is easy money and a cheap adaptation. Problem is, by doing so, the failure rate in sales and quality is rising into the 90% range. The only way the industry can survive to take a risk, accept a challenge, and adapt series they wouldn't normally take instead of the status quo.

Lets take mobile adaptations for a good example

Zettai Bouei Leviathan: Flopped in sales and the anime turned out average.

Fantasista Doll: A disaster in all aspects even the timeslot was a disaster.

Girlfriend (Kari): An ok adaptation but would've fared a lot better if it had a solid premise. It didn't sell well.

Chain Chronicle shorts: Worst shorts ever made.

Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls: A disappointment and a half, it would've been stellar with better writing and a better main cast, they managed to put a cast full of mostly worst girls. Also, the focus on Rin, Uzuki, and Mio wasn't the best idea either as Mio is crap and Rin is boring.

Feb 19, 2015 1:38 PM

Aug 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Hope lost.

What are you talking about? Nasu has only the Fate franchise which has at most 2-3 anime. There's no "milking".

Record of Lodoss War is an anime that's based off a DnD campaign. There's nothing wrong with basing an anime off a tabletop game. You obviously haven't played any tabletop experiences or had very poor ones. The best tabletop campaigns have better stories and character depth than the average anime (and yes, I know this isn't a high bar to beat).
CyberNTFeb 19, 2015 1:44 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
16 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
21 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.