Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 1, 2015 8:27 PM
Feb 2014
So I know no one gives a flying fuck about baseball but imma make this thread anyways.

This should be one hell of an interesting year. My Mariners are looking to end their 14 year drought and the NL is full of so many stacked teams like the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Nationals. Spring Training is just around the corner!
AqutanOct 23, 2015 8:56 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2015 11:00 PM
Feb 2014
Padres just got a fucking bargain in the Shields deal.

Moncada's the next Padre, calling it.
Feb 9, 2015 11:26 PM

Jun 2008
I was literally about to do this thread....

Fuck you Nico!

My Fish are actually a decent team this year Nico, and really you got the M's over the A's....not sure about that bro...

Anyways....literally less than ONE year ago The Miami Heat were still on pace to try to win three in a row, while the Fish were the laughing stock of the baseball world for the 10th time (at least) in their franchise history.

It's crazy how the sports world is.

The Heat are now a thing of the past....and the Fish are buyers once more signing big contracts and putting a product on the field that COULD potentially make some noise.

And all you mother fuckers that doubt this method.....I'd like you to kiss our TWO shiny World Championship rings.

Baseball was the first sport I really got into, and now that basketball has become dreadful, the NFL is something I probably never want to think about ever again, and hockey is....lol, hockey!

Baseball it is....I'm going back to my roots!

I believe the FISH will make the playoffs, I believe Stanton can and WILL produce MVP numbers and Fernandez can and will win 18+ games.

GO FISH!!!!!

1997, 2003, 2015.....see if you do that math it comes out to 7+3+15...that's 25...my lucky number.

We taking this shit!!!!
Feb 9, 2015 11:31 PM

Jun 2008
Oh and that's right....the FISH got ICHIRO!!!!!!

Imma go all weeaboo on his ass when I get to the ballpark in April...

Konnichiwa Ichiro-san, can you be my senpai?!

:p
Feb 9, 2015 11:42 PM
Feb 2014
papsoshea said:
Could Clayton Kershaw finally win the big one this year?

Very possible, would love seeing Puiggie getting a ring as well so he can get a leg over Trout.

JustALEX said:
I was literally about to do this thread....

Fuck you Nico!

My Fish are actually a decent team this year Nico, and really you got the M's over the A's....not sure about that bro...

Anyways....literally less than ONE year ago The Miami Heat were still on pace to try to win three in a row, while the Fish were the laughing stock of the baseball world for the 10th time (at least) in their franchise history.

It's crazy how the sports world is.

The Heat are now a thing of the past....and the Fish are buyers once more signing big contracts and putting a product on the field that COULD potentially make some noise.

And all you mother fuckers that doubt this method.....I'd like you to kiss our TWO shiny World Championship rings.

Baseball was the first sport I really got into, and now that basketball has become dreadful, the NFL is something I probably never want to think about ever again, and hockey is....lol, hockey!

Baseball it is....I'm going back to my roots!

I believe the FISH will make the playoffs, I believe Stanton can and WILL produce MVP numbers and Fernandez can and will win 18+ games.

GO FISH!!!!!

1997, 2003, 2015.....see if you do that math it comes out to 7+3+15...that's 25...my lucky number.

We taking this shit!!!!

Mariners are going to rock it this year, the offense got better with Nelson Cruz, complemeting Cano and Seags and the rotation only got younger with Walker and Paxton at full health in addition to Felix and Kuma. Gonna be a fun year if the pieces are indeed all together. My first game I'm going to is is in April vs. the Twins, looking forward to it!

Nats and Mets are just a little better than the Marlins imo this year. But the Marlins are going to be a fun team to watch for sure. You got my boy Ichiro, Mike Morse, Dee Gordon, Dan Haren, and Martin Prado, that's a hella nice haul. I like the Nats since they're more complete than any other team in the NL East, and the Mets have the most promising rotation this year imo
AqutanFeb 9, 2015 11:46 PM
Feb 10, 2015 12:09 AM

Jun 2014
Go Red Sox!
Feb 10, 2015 12:16 AM

Jun 2008
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Go Red Sox!

Go suck on a pine cone!
Feb 10, 2015 12:18 AM

Jun 2014
JustALEX said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Go Red Sox!

Go suck on a pine cone!

No D:

I wish Brady would join the Red Sox..
Feb 10, 2015 12:22 AM
Feb 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
JustALEX said:

Go suck on a pine cone!

No D:

Brady actually played minor ball before lol

But Wilson currently is in the minor leagues
Feb 10, 2015 12:23 AM

Jun 2014
TheRealNico said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

No D:

Brady actually played minor ball before lol

But Wilson currently is in the minor leagues

Oh did he? Touchdown Tom would become Homerun Tom.

Wilson is? You can do two sports at once?
Feb 10, 2015 1:14 AM

May 2010
This is depressing... Already had to crawl out of the NBA thread cause I'm too embarrassed of the Knicks, now have to be embarrassed of my Mets..

Thanks for another year,

Fred Dickpon

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 10, 2015 2:07 AM
Feb 2014
jimmykudo3000 said:
This is depressing... Already had to crawl out of the NBA thread cause I'm too embarrassed of the Knicks, now have to be embarrassed of my Mets..

Thanks for another year,

Fred Dickpon

inb4alsojets
Feb 10, 2015 9:04 PM
Feb 2014
SrachcII said:
I can't wait to watch the Yankees suck in what is a pretty weak AL East. The Red Sox have no pitching staff, Tampa has good pitching but, no offense, Baltimore could be okay but they lost a lot of pieces in the off season and didn't add anything, Yanks have no hitting and too many question marks in their pitching. Overall I would say the Blue Jays are the most stable they have a solid offense and some good young pitching assuming they pan out well.

On paper, Toronto has the best team, whether they win with it is the question. I don't really think they'll pull it off. Toronto always seems to be cursed one way or another per a friend in another community who is a Jays fan currently doubtful of the Jays himself.

Rays are that team that people turn their backs on and they do well. I believe in them this year.
Feb 10, 2015 10:00 PM

May 2010
TheRealNico said:
jimmykudo3000 said:

Thanks for another year,

Fred Dickpon

inb4alsojets

Hehe nah pal, Thankfully a Giants & Rangers fan.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 10, 2015 11:29 PM

Jun 2008
jimmykudo3000 said:
TheRealNico said:

inb4alsojets

Why aren't you a Yankees fan?!

Literally the most successful team in all American organized sports, with the most iconic sporting logo that has ever been created.

I may not like the Yankees but fuck do I have a deep admiration and respect for them.
Feb 10, 2015 11:38 PM
Feb 2014
JustALEX said:
jimmykudo3000 said:

Literally the most successful team in all American organized sports, with the most iconic sporting logo that has ever been created.

I may not like the Yankees but fuck do I have a deep admiration and respect for them.

And home to containing the most bandwagon fans in ALL of pro sports. Plus when their fans come to Seattle, it's a pain in the ass listening to them brag and insult our team in our own stadium.

And I also hate it when other people pick the Yankees just for the money, although the homegrown guys like Jeter (YEA JEETS), Rivera etc. I have mad respect for. Loved every bit of us returning the favor when we took Robinson Cano away from them, then their ungrateful swines of New York street bums complained about us being $$$ hogs and they booed Cano in his return after everything he did for them. The hypocrisy of their fans was rich in that time. But those guys like Jeter/Rivera deserve every bit of credit to being career Yankees. Hoping that their young guys like Tanaka and Betances carry on that trend.
Feb 10, 2015 11:52 PM

Feb 2014
arod is coming back lol
that should be interesting
Feb 10, 2015 11:53 PM
Feb 2014
Jesus-desu said:
arod is coming back lol
that should be interesting

no its not he needs to gtfo already
Feb 11, 2015 12:03 AM

Jun 2008
TheRealNico said:
And home to containing the most bandwagon fans in ALL of pro sports. Plus when their fans come to Seattle, it's a pain in the ass listening to them brag and insult our team in our own stadium.

Try living in Miami where we have literally thousands of New Yorkers who have come down here to retire or just to be pain in the asses....

I was in my freshmen year of High School during the 2003 World Series.....holy shit, I'll never forget it.

The whole goddamn school was divided and unfortunately there were more Yankee fans....the majority of my friends were also Yankee fans.

Thankfully JUSTICE prevailed and the good guys won.

I bragged for the remaining school year....hell, I think I bragged until the end of HS, even though by the time the Marlins were nobodies once more.

And talking about the FISH....guess who just got the 2017 All Star Game???

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12308231/miami-marlins-host-2017-mlb-all-star-game

FINALLY!!!

I've been waiting for years and years for Miami to get it's chance at holding an All Star game.....I'm DEFINITELY getting tickets!

Seriously, I still can't believe how optimistic I am about the Fish....I really thought the franchise was dead for good after what happened at the end of 2012...

And ironically it can be the FISH that restores order to the force....

LET'S GO FISH!!!!!
Feb 11, 2015 5:20 PM

Feb 2009
Go Brew Crew!!!!

no seriously, go and sign somebody....
Last year's collapse was just sad, they really needed to add pieces... not just trading Gallardo away for nothing.
Feb 11, 2015 6:18 PM

May 2010
JustALEX said:
jimmykudo3000 said:

Honestly my family comes from Brooklyn, so my grandfather and my grandfathers father were always Brooklyn Dodgers fans. Brooklyn's rivalry with NYY was one of the most intense in North America. When Brooklyn moves to LA in 1958, becoming a Yankees fan is not an option for Brooklyn fans. When the Mets are accepted in 1962, my grandfather supports the expansion team - thus my mother is born a Mets fan (born in 1965), and me born in 1991 always was going to follow suit.

This also explains why I'm a Rangers, Knicks & Giants supporter

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 11:01 PM
Feb 2014
baboon said:
Go Brew Crew!!!!

no seriously, go and sign somebody....
Last year's collapse was just sad, they really needed to add pieces... not just trading Gallardo away for nothing.

We just got Rickie Weeks, I love this signing. Low risk, high reward. And a good utilityman/righty bat if we want to give Cano days off and for some DHing.
Feb 12, 2015 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
WATCH OUT BECAUSE THE INDIANS ARE TAKING NO PRISONERS THIS YEAR!!

Feb 12, 2015 10:46 AM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:

One of the best sports movies out there. Willie Mays Hayes is the man.
Feb 13, 2015 2:50 PM

Feb 2009
TheRealNico said:

We just got Rickie Weeks, I love this signing. Low risk, high reward. And a good utilityman/righty bat if we want to give Cano days off and for some DHing.

Happy to hear.
Weeks had been one of my favorite Brewers, but he has been on the decline the last few years. A change of scenery could be best for him.
Feb 13, 2015 3:19 PM

Apr 2013
baboon said:
TheRealNico said:

Happy to hear.
Weeks had been one of my favorite Brewers, but he has been on the decline the last few years. A change of scenery could be best for him.

"Rickie Weeks" and "love" should never be uttered in the same sentence.
Feb 13, 2015 5:24 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
JustALEX said:

And I also hate it when other people pick the Yankees just for the money, although the homegrown guys like Jeter (YEA JEETS), Rivera etc. I have mad respect for. Loved every bit of us returning the favor when we took Robinson Cano away from them, then their ungrateful swines of New York street bums complained about us being $$$ hogs and they booed Cano in his return after everything he did for them. The hypocrisy of their fans was rich in that time. But those guys like Jeter/Rivera deserve every bit of credit to being career Yankees. Hoping that their young guys like Tanaka and Betances carry on that trend.

You should have a little bit of perspective on this with seahawks fans the past year or so...

I do not think the Padres will get Moncada, the suitors are limited to teams that are able to pay $100M lump sum basically.

Why the rays? If anything they've gotten worse..
Feb 13, 2015 6:07 PM

May 2010
Bostonblows said:
Why the rays? If anything they've gotten worse..

Was wondering the same thing myself actually.. Andrew Friedman leaves, Joe Maddon leaves, David Price is traded, Will Myers is traded....

IF anything Tampa Bay realistically can find themselves in the gutter which is a shame cause they're my favourite American League team.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 13, 2015 6:33 PM

Nov 2010
deanzel said:

Hope so, a buddy of mine signed with them.

I don't see an int'l draft in the immediate future, people will care a lot less the next few years when teams like the Yankees and Red sox won't be able to hand out a contract in excess of 300k..
Feb 13, 2015 8:50 PM
Feb 2014
baboon said:
TheRealNico said:

Happy to hear.

It's only for $2 Million which also makes me happy. As said before, low risk, high reward. Guy has 20+ HR potential if he can stay healthy assuming one of our guys gets hurt in the year. He'll be a 1B/2B/OF/DH type which means he'd be a super neat utility if it worked out. Lloyd Mac knows how to use his bats though, so I see a solid year out of him.

If the Rays don't win it, I agree Toronto will take the East. But this year is really the NL's to shine. Not too many standout squads in the AL. If anything, they'd be Seattle, Anaheim, Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, Boston, or Tampa Bay. Wonder if Houston could do something as well, one never knows. Those are the teams I see being the combination 5. I think Kansas City sadly did nothing to improve, neither did Baltimore, and Oakland is declining, even with the Zobrist move, they lost too many high WAR guys and it's going to bite them in the back. Chicago's offseason was overrated. The Yankees are destined to have a losing record with that offense of theirs and inconsistent pitching. Texas has literally no pitching aside from Darvish and their offense is injury-prone as it is. Minnesota might be the worst team in baseball right now.

If anyone signs Moncada other than the Padres, I bet you it's the Dodgers, they've got the money to spend for him no doubt about it. Not sure if the Yankees can afford him, even though the Yankees clearly need him to replace Jeter, and they better make a Yankee-esque offer if they want to take him away from LA.
AqutanFeb 13, 2015 8:54 PM
Feb 14, 2015 5:07 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
baboon said:

Happy to hear.

It's only for $2 Million which also makes me happy. As said before, low risk, high reward. Guy has 20+ HR potential if he can stay healthy assuming one of our guys gets hurt in the year. He'll be a 1B/2B/OF/DH type which means he'd be a super neat utility if it worked out. Lloyd Mac knows how to use his bats though, so I see a solid year out of him.

If the Rays don't win it, I agree Toronto will take the East. But this year is really the NL's to shine. Not too many standout squads in the AL. If anything, they'd be Seattle, Anaheim, Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, Boston, or Tampa Bay. Wonder if Houston could do something as well, one never knows. Those are the teams I see being the combination 5. I think Kansas City sadly did nothing to improve, neither did Baltimore, and Oakland is declining, even with the Zobrist move, they lost too many high WAR guys and it's going to bite them in the back. Chicago's offseason was overrated. The Yankees are destined to have a losing record with that offense of theirs and inconsistent pitching. Texas has literally no pitching aside from Darvish and their offense is injury-prone as it is. Minnesota might be the worst team in baseball right now.

If anyone signs Moncada other than the Padres, I bet you it's the Dodgers, they've got the money to spend for him no doubt about it. Not sure if the Yankees can afford him, even though the Yankees clearly need him to replace Jeter, and they better make a Yankee-esque offer if they want to take him away from LA.

I wouldn't be that surprised out of that group of AL clubs if only two of them have winning records this year.
A report came out last year that said the Yankees could support a payroll of over $500M a year, he wouldn't replace Jeter in a positional sense, since he will likely move to 2B or 3B, but he could certainly replace Jeter as the next face of the franchise. In the end I really do think he will sign with either LAD or NYY and i'd expect the bonus to be in the 50M range (the upper end of where people are predicting he will be).
The young cuban RHP Yadier Alvarez will be the next big domino after Moncada, he's also expected to sign during this Int'l signing period and he's a 19 Y.O. that tops out around 98MPH and shows two other plus pitches.
Feb 15, 2015 9:32 PM

Jun 2008
HOLY SHIT!!!

BostonBlows is alive!

Dude I haven't seen or heard from you in like two fucking years!
Feb 15, 2015 10:17 PM
Feb 2014
If I were Cashman I'd take total advantage of the Cuban market rather than wait on spending for overpriced vets like Cueto and such.

Getting younger with Cubans could be a wonderful way to rebuild the Yankees. They need the young talent, and it's booming in Cuba.

The Dodgers are doing that, and if the Yankees want to take advantage of their presence there, they better give Moncada an offer he can't refuse and same with Alvarez.
Feb 16, 2015 8:35 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
If I were Cashman I'd take total advantage of the Cuban market rather than wait on spending for overpriced vets like Cueto and such.

Getting younger with Cubans could be a wonderful way to rebuild the Yankees. They need the young talent, and it's booming in Cuba.

The Dodgers are doing that, and if the Yankees want to take advantage of their presence there, they better give Moncada an offer he can't refuse and same with Alvarez.

Agreed, and i honestly think this is the path he's been trying to take since after the 08'-09' offseason. It takes a while to pay dividends but it should soon in the form of judge, severino, lindgren and refsnyder maybe this season. Also, they dumped tons of cash into the 16 yr olds this year, so that should help in a few years.

Yea Alex, i haven't had much to say i guess :P
Feb 17, 2015 8:11 PM
Feb 2014
So A-Rod wrote a handwritten apology in horrible handwriting. Not gonna accept his apology, as a Mariners fan, he's done more than just juice. And not to mention he began juicing straight after leaving Seattle too.
Feb 18, 2015 6:48 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
So A-Rod wrote a handwritten apology in horrible handwriting. Not gonna accept his apology, as a Mariners fan, he's done more than just juice. And not to mention he began juicing straight after leaving Seattle too.

I'll say it. Juice, no juice..Arod is still the greatest baseball player of the modern era.
Feb 18, 2015 7:09 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
TheRealNico said:

I'll say it. Juice, no juice..Arod is still the greatest baseball player of the modern era.

Not Mariano Rivera or Derek Jeter?
Feb 18, 2015 8:10 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
Bostonblows said:

Not Mariano Rivera or Derek Jeter?

Nah, I can't remember a more dominant player in their prime than Arod. At least on a talent perspective, Bonds was obviously ridiculous in his prime years and watching griffey was just so enjoyable, but Arod in his prime...
BostonblowsFeb 18, 2015 8:16 PM
Feb 24, 2015 3:51 PM

Nov 2010
I can't deal with this Moncada news, guys. The whole thing actually challenged my fandom, the backlash even got the steinbrenners to say "Other higherups in the organization did not want to spend that much on a 19 year old". They'll probably go after Oliviera or Ibanez now, I wouldn't mind both honestly. I may need to pop in my laughing yoga exercise tape the next time Hal claims they have any sort of commitment to excellence after letting Moncada walk for that amount of money.
Feb 26, 2015 8:12 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
I can't deal with this Moncada news, guys. The whole thing actually challenged my fandom, the backlash even got the steinbrenners to say "Other higherups in the organization did not want to spend that much on a 19 year old". They'll probably go after Oliviera or Ibanez now, I wouldn't mind both honestly. I may need to pop in my laughing yoga exercise tape the next time Hal claims they have any sort of commitment to excellence after letting Moncada walk for that amount of money.

Boston didn't even need Moncada and now I think they're going to trade Bogaerts and other prospects to get Hamels :S

My hopes and dreams of seeing a New York/Boston bottom 2 down it goes
Feb 26, 2015 8:13 PM
Nov 2013
My Mets are going to win the World Series.........or not
Feb 26, 2015 8:14 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
Bostonblows said:

Boston didn't even need Moncada and now I think they're going to trade Bogaerts and other prospects to get Hamels :S

Boegarts or Betts. Probably Betts, people have been talking about moncada playing CF. Agreed the Hamels deal is almost a forgone conclusion now.
Feb 26, 2015 8:16 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
TheRealNico said:

Boegarts or Betts. Probably Betts, people have been talking about moncada playing CF. Agreed the Hamels deal is almost a forgone conclusion now.

Ben Cherington's a genius, I hate to say it, but he knows how to stock up his squads after down years.

Gotta hope Hanley continues to be a headcase and Panda gets fat in Boston and the rotation bombs.

I can see Betts going, but I think ultimately Philly will ask for both or this one catcher prospect that Boston has + a few of their pitching prospects.
Feb 26, 2015 8:19 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
Bostonblows said:

Ben Cherington's a genius, I hate to say it, but he knows how to stock up his squads after down years.

Gotta hope Hanley continues to be a headcase and Panda gets fat in Boston and the rotation bombs.

I can see Betts going, but I think ultimately Philly will ask for both or this one catcher prospect that Boston has + a few of their pitching prospects.

Yea, Amaro has asked for dumb packages for his players, so maybe that keeps it from getting done. Swihart is very highly regarded, it'd probably be one of betts/swihart/boegarts and some lower level prospects. It's easy to forget how mediocre their rotation is on paper, speaking of genius GMs, nobody talks about the job Mike Rizzo has done in Washington.
Feb 26, 2015 8:26 PM
Feb 2014
If the Scherzer contract works out and he's somehow able to give Harper/Strasburg similar $$$$$$ I'd say he'd be on Dombrowski tier good. By that I mean who all the experts seem to liken him to.

Although right now, part of me doesn't like Dombrowski going for old overpriced guys. Tigers will be aging too much like how the Phillies fell off a cliff once they got old. I can see it happening. People thought Philly's downfall was crazy, I wonder if Detroit is the next team like that.

Scherzer got the money he was expected to get, it's all a matter of this contract not being a future albatross for Washington. I believe he'll be fine, but once pitchers show age, they become albatross contracts.
Feb 27, 2015 7:21 PM

Nov 2010
It has taken incredible amounts of Stevie Ray Vaughan and alcohol to get me past this Moncada thing, I think i'm finally there though.
Feb 27, 2015 7:22 PM

Feb 2015
Dodgers dominating the leaderboard, isn't it unexpected?
Feb 27, 2015 7:24 PM

Nov 2010
Monstrum said:

Which leaderboard? Highest payroll in the game, one of the best farm systems in the game...so nah, I think you have to expect quite a bit out of them at this point.
Feb 27, 2015 7:34 PM

Feb 2015
Bostonblows said:
Monstrum said:

Which leaderboard? Highest payroll in the game, one of the best farm systems in the game...so nah, I think you have to expect quite a bit out of them at this point.

Well I'm not really a Dodgers fan. But I respect Kershaw.
Feb 27, 2015 7:44 PM

Jun 2008
Monstrum said:

The only "leaderboard" that matters is winning championships....

Every year they tell us the Dodgers are heavy favorites and every year they fuck up in the playoffs...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.