Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 24, 2015 12:56 PM

Aug 2007
It's not every day you see this happen from any group or individual, but I am offering free translations of the Kaden Danshi anime (Season 1 and Season 2, which is ongoing) to any new, fairly experienced or well-experienced groups or individuals in the subtitling scene that would like to provide fully subtitled versions to the masses. There are a couple caveats, however, and I will get to that in a bit.

Groups or individuals must absolutely be able to edit, time, typeset and re-mux (episodes are released on YouTube and thus, encoding is not required). You can try to stick with the current typesetting format, including fonts from the released episodes (see 1-3) or start anew. As I shall also provide the original translations for episodes 1-3, you are free to edit them to whatever style you want for consistency (e.g. American English). Keep in mind, I am not dropping the project with my team (as my translator is quite dedicated to it), but looking to move the responsibilities of the 'heavy' work to someone else or different group.

What is the catch?

There is only a couple of caveats. The first obvious one is that the translators must be credited for the work that s/he has done as 'Translator: His/Her Name'. Secondly, the individual or group must also give credit to us, 'ray=out' under Special Thanks. And finally, the individual or group must NOT try to profit from the translation, subtitled version or related in any form, whether than be making it PPV or asking for donations (this includes 'web server/hosting' and IRC bot).

More Information: Basically, I am looking to offer the translations to people or groups similar to Migoto Fansubs that bring quality and consistency to anime shorts. I have approached RTM of Migoto about it, but he seems to be busy with the many other shorts that he is already doing and not to mention Kaden Danshi has over 150 ( 1-minute) episodes which makes things difficult for him. I am not going to give the translations over to just any group or individual, but rather see their previous works and the fact that they can provide quality work. Until I have confirmed this individual or group can provide good work, translations will be shared as batches of three to five and not all of them in one go. Once I see the quality of the work meets my expectation in respect to the translator, more episodes will be shared. Keep in mind, quality doesn't just mean visual fidelity, but also consistency in the editing of the translation: word use, word choice, syntax and semantics, simple and easy to read typesetting, etc. See my current collaboration work with Migoto in the form of the Neon anime for reference.

*Your group name shall be used as the [tag] and/or within the anime as a logo. We are only asking to be credited within the credits itself. We will not be involved in any other process unless you ask for assistance and even then it won't turn into a collaboration. Again, I am offering the translations itself, not proposing a collaboration/joint.

Anyway, if you know someone that is interested, groups that want to subtitle their first anime or even experienced groups that want to try something fresh and outside of their comfort zone, please forward this thread to them and tell them to contact me on IRC via PM or e-mail via the general form on anime.rayout.org. All others should contact me there as well.

Who knows? Maybe I will offer the translation of a series or film for grabs one day?
alchemist11Jan 26, 2015 3:39 PM
Team Leader & Manager of ray=out.
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
http://rayout.org/ - Browse through our site to get to know us better.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» AI subs?

PxHC - Jul 23, 2023

0 by PxHC »»
Jul 23, 2023 7:37 AM

» MOST WANTED ( 1 2 )

LayedBack - Nov 4, 2013

86 by IdeDial »»
Jun 16, 2023 5:25 PM

» Recaps

ShadowMonkey - Aug 21, 2018

3 by IridescentJaune »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:02 AM

» Seeking Admin

alchemist11 - Feb 21, 2022

5 by alchemist11 »»
Mar 19, 2022 3:11 PM

Sticky: » Anime Completely Translated, but not Subbed!

alchemist11 - May 30, 2015

12 by sorcery »»
Dec 14, 2020 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.