Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2009 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuuma and Ako were walking as if they know where they were going so i'm surprised that they actually cross the bushes the way they did XD Now we have demons here, Yuuma looks a little scared but it's nothing terrifying really^^ The female ghost at the end was scary, but too bad she doesn't have a lot of screentime at that time :D
ShanaFlameNov 24, 2009 7:45 PM
Dec 4, 2009 7:55 AM

Apr 2009
I think kids can be scared by this ep XD
The female ghost sure looked scary :(
Dec 4, 2009 3:42 PM

Jul 2008
I liked the appetizer. I saw Yuma and Ako being the "meat" from the beginning, but the laughs of the children were pretty creepy. I thought Yuma was way to into it though. He hasn't even heard of the school but he is willing to cook and eat dinner there.

Also I had a SERIOUS Scooby Doo flashback. "My glasses! I need my glasses!". I expected Ako to say "jinkies" or something. Also her biggest concern with getting blood(?) on her glasses was that it made them dirty lol.

The main dish was pretty good as well. I got a laugh out of Ako scaring her brother. I also expected that the man's blood wasn't his own. However, I thought he was going to tie in to the phantom truck thing, not be a murderer. It was entertaining though, and also interesting how only Bunta and the dog could see the girl's spirit.

About the dessert. Ako says "There was a rumor back when I was in elementary school." Isn't she like a fifth grader NOW?

Anyway, young Ako was cute. But I don't buy the story. If you think about it, it could have been a teacher, parent visiting, or even another kid who started the rumor/said things from behind the stall. Also, without a source from where Ako learns some of her information, I don't really trust the story that much. You would think that while laying the foundation of the school they would have found the corpse, if there was one.

I also noticed how after almost every segment Ako says something like "I later found out that..." in order for the dish to make sense or something XD

Overall good episode. I also liked how Yuma keeps hinting at Sho/Ako <3.
Dec 4, 2009 9:00 PM

Feb 2009
First dish was creepy, second dish was kinda scary that lady flaming eyes, but the appetizer was so so. Overall not bad
Dec 5, 2009 4:38 AM

Oct 2009
I'm thinking earlier episodes were better, but oh well. Ending of the main dish, the women's ghost on the back of the murderer and how here face looked like was creepy, indeed.
Dec 5, 2009 9:16 AM

Jun 2008
I liked the main dish but that was it. Probably my least favorite episode
Dec 12, 2009 6:01 PM

Apr 2009
I liked the main idsh too

I gotta admit i was slightly dissapointed by this episode but oh wells ^^

Feb 1, 2010 9:45 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm had some scary images in this one haha
Oct 23, 2013 7:51 PM
Aug 2011
The story with the meat was pretty creepy, for me it was the heads spinning around that did it.
I hated the girl's reaction when she lost her glasses though.
So incredibly annoying and the most unrealistic reaction ever.

These characters suck but i'm trying to not be so harsh since these are kids and it's for the kids.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaidan Restaurant Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Apr 20, 2010

5 by UzumakiHime »»
Feb 14, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Kaidan Restaurant Episode 7 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 2, 2009

7 by BrokenCord83 »»
Apr 3, 2022 9:22 PM

Poll: » Kaidan Restaurant Episode 1 Discussion

hikky - Oct 14, 2009

36 by Kuruwin »»
Jun 4, 2021 10:02 PM

» Truly for kids?

SayuriHana - Nov 10, 2017

2 by Nakimushi_Vic »»
Jun 18, 2020 4:48 PM

Poll: » Kaidan Restaurant Episode 23 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Jul 28, 2010

12 by lalabella »»
Jun 17, 2016 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.