Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 9, 2015 6:36 AM

Aug 2009
Ep 1
[spoiler]
We've been getting a lot of action fantasy lately and shows like Garo, Nanatsu no Taizai and Bahamut definitely haven't disappointed. So far the premise is quite interesting and I believe it's set during the war 100 years war of England v.s France. Can't say I've taken a liking to any of the characters yet, but I have to say that army fight was quite well done. Kinda makes me wish I.G did those Berserk movies =/. Anyway this seems to be going for a more light-hearted comedic tone so similar to Nanatsu. Looking forward to the rest.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 9, 2015 6:57 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 1
Jan 9, 2015 7:12 AM

Mar 2010
Episode 1
Jan 18, 2015 8:59 AM

Mar 2010
Episode 2
Jan 19, 2015 6:25 AM

Sep 2009
Episode 2:
Jan 19, 2015 8:26 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 2
Jan 19, 2015 8:42 AM

Aug 2009
Ep 2
[spoiler]
Pretty good ep. Micheal was hella OP, but that is to be expected considering his Arch Angel status. Incubus guy seems to have a very bright future in prostitution ahead of him. Now that I think about it, Maria is pretty much a pimp and Artemis and Priapus are her hoes =/ Should have called this show "A pimp named Maria".
LoneWolfJan 19, 2015 9:59 AM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 19, 2015 7:55 PM

Mar 2010
I would kill for an anime about Bug Catcher-san.
Jan 20, 2015 4:04 AM

Sep 2009
It would genuinely be adorbs. Potentially.
Jan 25, 2015 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 3
[spoiler]
It seems like Maria is truly embracing her role as a pimp. Not satisfied with mere pimp slapping to keep her hoes in line, she would go so far as round house kicking. Looks like another hoe has been added to her roster too... but maybe shes a bit too young to start "working". Yeah more jabs at christianity and I have no idea what that thing at the end talking to her was. Also summoning giant demon panthers ftw.

EDIT: Thx for the info Brian
LoneWolfJan 25, 2015 3:13 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 25, 2015 1:28 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 3
Jan 27, 2015 9:55 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 3
Jan 28, 2015 10:34 AM

Sep 2009
Episode 3:
Feb 1, 2015 9:14 AM

Mar 2010
Episode 4
Feb 1, 2015 4:48 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 4
[spoiler]
Lol I thought I would hate Viv, but I pretty much agree with her opinion. Maria reminds me of the typical idealistic shonen protagonist. Hopefully we get more of Viv in the future.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 3, 2015 8:56 AM

Sep 2009
Episode 4:
Feb 8, 2015 12:51 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 5
[spoiler]
Tbh I didn't care much about Galfa at the start of the episode, but by the end he'd definitely proven his badassery. Funny that Eugenie wasn't punished at all for what happened, but I guess shes considered more like a piece of property than a person with her her own free will. Ofcourse none of this would have happened if there was consistent wars to fight >_> I love how Viv just swoops in near the end to call out Maria for being a hypocrite XD
LoneWolfFeb 8, 2015 12:56 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 8, 2015 3:06 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 5
Feb 10, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2009
Episode 5:
Feb 15, 2015 11:53 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 6
[spoiler]
It's pretty pathetic how everyone goes out of their way to kowtow to Maria -_-. The little girl who thought Maria could more or less solve all her problems just made me sad. If Ezekiel was doing her job properly Maria would have been judged several times over at this point. I thought atleast Galfa would have some balls and try to end it, but I guess it probably isn't the best idea to try to go 1 on 1 with a witch and Joseph did manage to convince her to not interfere just this one time... but ofcourse not really and instead of letting the war end quickly and finally having true peace she wants to interfere yet again and have this thing drag on >_< Like I could understand if she was just ignorant and didn't know why what she was doing is wrong but Viv and Joseph have explained it to her pretty clearly and either she just doesn't get it or she just doesn't care and that is even worse than being ignorant.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 22, 2015 3:09 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4
[spoiler]
Men hate virgins? Tell that to the japanese Otaku xD
This was more enjoyable than the last episode for sure, but I agree with Sandy, I like the side characters more than the main since they tend to be pretty entertaining.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 22, 2015 4:38 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 5

Episode 6
[spoiler]
Ezekiel is so useless, literally nothing has changed since Michael sent her to keep Maria in check. So far she's just an extremely unnecessary character and the episode with Michael threatening divine punishment seems more or less like a waste of time in retrospect. At least Micheal paid her a visit this episode to remind her of her duties, but I'm not sure it'll change much.
And Bernard seems to be losing it Oo.

Those witches keep talking about making money from the war but they never do anything -.-. I don't get how they would profit from sitting back and watching. Or maybe they really are only talking about pimping out their familiars? I'm starting to think that's their only source of income.

Anyway, the plot thickens.
Feb 22, 2015 6:12 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 7
[spoiler]
Yeah Im guessing the witches are making all their money through their familiars. Witches truly are the pimps of their day. Everyone offering their support and protecting Maria as usual. Ezekiel missing, Viv saving her etc. Pretty much what I expected. Galfa losing his arm though :( Looks like he really wants to be Guts from Berserk. The fact that hes also a mercenary doesn't help either lol. I kind of have an idea of what him and the priest are planning but yeah... thats pretty messed up. They should just kill her, its the humane thing to do :D

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 26, 2015 8:47 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 7
[spoiler]
Galfa is still the best thing about this show. Him killing his superior was pretty rad and soon afterwards he lost his arm. I had to lol at the Berserk comparison. I wonder if he'll also get a mechanical arm xD.
The end of the episode seems to indicate that grandmother is dead or something? Guess we'll find out next episode.
Mar 1, 2015 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 8
[spoiler]
2 handed swords, mechanical arm, vengeance AND possible rape? We Berserk now? Anyway nice to see the church making their move and converting the village. Those faerie people at the start were pretty creepy... I wonder if there are other magical creatures living in this universe with out being linked to the witches.
LoneWolfMar 2, 2015 9:42 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 2, 2015 6:36 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 8
[spoiler]
He really did get a mechanical arm. I'm not complaining though, the Berserk/Galfa part of the story is still the best thing about this show.
"Why is this happening?", ugh, Maria.
Anyway, things are getting intense with the proposed rape plan and everything. I wonder how it'll turn out, I don't see this getting too dark though.
Mar 8, 2015 3:03 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 9
[spoiler]
Well it was nice to see GutsGalfa finally get his revenge on Maria without having to resort to rape. I lol'd pretty hard when I realized he even had an arm cannon XD. I was pretty disappointed in Viv though. So much for being logical. She isn't even as strong as Maria and shes trying to take on an Arch Angel lol. Didn't care much for the philosophical discussion, looks like the priest is going to finish the job though... I imagine Priapus is gonna step in before that happens again though (Even though she still hasn't given him his man parts). Really I don't see the point in keeping her alive at all. Theres no doubt that shes a witch, so in this society she should be burned at the stake. I'm sure the show will stall as much as possible until she finally gets her powers back somehow and all the witches decide to aid her and she replaces god and the archangels. Cause a Tsundere teenager is way better than god right? This feels more similar to Haruhi than Berserk now =/
LoneWolfMar 8, 2015 8:40 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 8, 2015 7:47 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 9
[spoiler]
The philosophical ramblings of the priest were silly but I still enjoyed the references quite a bit since it reminded me of my old philosophy classes :>.
Mar 12, 2015 2:35 PM

Sep 2009
Episode 9:
Mar 15, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2009
Ep 10
[spoiler]
Pretty much going as I expected. Didn't expect Edwina to be the rescuer though. Also looks like a death flag for Galfa :(. I doubt he can defeat Joseph in his suit of plot armor. I guess everyone is gonna have to convert to Wicca or face the wrath of the Witch's guild >_>

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 15, 2015 10:49 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 10
[spoiler]
Nice action and nice insert song with the rescue. Joseph 'fighting for glory for Maria' made me facepalm though. I'm liking him less and less.
Still curious if Bernard will be relevant in the final episodes, I'm assuming he will otherwise I'd be disappointed.
Mar 22, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 11
[spoiler]
Pretty much exactly as I predicted. They could have found a less deus ex machina way of getting her powers back though. Galfa should have won by all means, but plot armor protects well. Atleast Galfa didn't die and Maria is honing her pimp skills by slapping around her bitch (AKA Joseph). Now bow down to your new god Maria-dono and beg for forgiveness.
LoneWolfMar 22, 2015 4:15 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 22, 2015 3:44 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 11
[spoiler]
Meh episode. I had to facepalm towards the end.
Mar 29, 2015 11:43 AM

Aug 2009
Ep 12
[spoiler]
Apparently seeing an archangel is not enough to re instill the belief of god on to priest lol. Too bad he died before he could make the Maria witch worshiping religion. Apparently Maria is gonna become "the anceint" one in the future and everyone is just gonna forgive her, because why not. The thoughts of a little girl, the little girl's grandma and Maria's bf are obviously way more important than pretty much every other character in the show, aside from the witch's guild which seems to be pretty much doing her bidding now.

I would have liked if this show actually focused more on the actual 100 yrs war since I think it was a really interesting period in history. Throw in some politics, maybe a major battle or two, battle strategies, formations and other fun stuff. They could have also explored the nature magical beings that were living in this universe and what role they played. Instead we get idealistic BS. One of the cringiest parts of the show was when Joseph pleaded with her to not interrupt the battle that would end the war and bring actual peace, but because of the little girl Maria decides to step in and screw everyone over. The blind leading the blind.

Most of the characters are just pawns for Maria to use. Joseph pretty much has no identity outside of serving Maria and her familiars go without saying. All of the witch's guild end up joining her side and even helping fight the will of god (Arch Angel Michael). Galfa is one of the only characters that stood up to her despite her crazy OP powers, but of course he was defeated and humiliated. As if taking his arm and ruining his life wasn't enough. He wasn't even afforded an honorable death, just completed disgraced in the end. Even the church guy ended up joining Maria's side in the end and was about to set up a religion based on her. Viv was trying to help Maria understand why the wars exist and how they keep mercs from ravaging random villages and provide income etc. Suddenly she becomes Maria's best friend and risks her life to save her...

Let's not forgot Priapus never got his balls. Priapus is pretty much the show in a nutshell. Impotent with no balls and only there to pander to it's master who in this case would be the majority of viewers. 3/10
LoneWolfMar 30, 2015 5:02 AM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 30, 2015 4:46 AM

Sep 2009
Episode 12:
Mar 30, 2015 4:24 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 12
[spoiler]
Well, while I think battosai's view of the show is about as biased/one-sided as Maria's idealism, I still didn't find the show particularly interesting or exciting for the most parts and some stuff definitely felt like an asspull. I'm gonna give it 5/10 as well.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Ie Naki Ko (Nobody's Boy Remi)

LoneWolf - Feb 24, 2015

33 by TheDenOfEverythn »»
Nov 11, 2019 3:22 PM

» Moonlight Mile - Simulwatch

omakase - Nov 27, 2017

23 by KannoSugako »»
Jan 8, 2018 7:04 AM

» Victorian Romance Emma - Simulwatch

LoneWolf - Feb 12, 2017

22 by LoneWolf »»
Jun 12, 2017 11:10 PM

» Mujin Wakusei Survive - Simulwatch ( 1 2 )

KingYoshi - Sep 27, 2016

62 by omakase »»
Feb 4, 2017 2:37 PM

Sticky: » List of all the public simul-watch projects

Alcoholicide - Feb 7, 2012

10 by hpb123 »»
Dec 14, 2016 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.