Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Dec 22 - 28

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 30, 2014 3:55 AM

May 2012
I'm glad that Cross Ange sales are not bad.

Fate/kaleid 2wei deserve much much higher than that. I can't believe a crap like Yuuki Yuuna and Amagi Crappy Park is selling more !!

Awesome_G said:
Surprised Mahouka is doing so well considering how shit it is.

Is not shit, and better than most of the anime in the list. I hope it get 2nd season (and also for NGNL)
Dec 30, 2014 3:59 AM

Jan 2013
xchee said:
Cross Ange at 6.5k? I'm not sure how I should feel about it. I mean if it's supposed to be a new big title and is expected to sell a ton then LOL. But if there's not much expectation for it but that it's actually selling "quite" well then...smh.

there were high expectations for it.

only SJW whiney american cunts dont like cross ange.

also yuki yuna sucks.

Its funny how people were bitching about madoka ripoffs a few seasons ago and now they are bending over for one.
Dec 30, 2014 4:09 AM

Sep 2009
Calling it Madoka ripoff is the same stupid thing as calling any "real mecha" Gundam ripoff. Madoka wasn't the first dark maho-shoujo just the most popular.
Dec 30, 2014 4:16 AM

Jan 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Calling it Madoka ripoff is the same stupid thing as calling any "real mecha" Gundam ripoff. Madoka wasn't the first dark maho-shoujo just the most popular.

I dont dislike it for being a madoka ripoff.

I'm saying others on this site condemn every other dark mahou shoujo as a madoka ripoff, then circle jerk about this one.
Dec 30, 2014 4:18 AM

Aug 2008
LOL! Cross Ange sell well.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 30, 2014 4:19 AM

Jan 2013
Zapredon said:
LOL! Cross Ange sell well.

It was always going to sell well, since the very first stalker numbers came out.

It isnt a bad show. Its funny how people cry about rape in cross ange, then circle jerk about rape in fate/zero.
Dec 30, 2014 4:29 AM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:
66. **1,741 *17,519 Nagi Yanagi "Polyomino"

This contains "Rainy Veil", an ED in Grisaia no Kajitsu.

You missed yanaginagi's single "Sweet Track" which includes as the B-side, the theme song to the Wixoss mobile game "Burn out the ENERGY". Not sure if that is enough anime relation for you to include it but it is in the sales data if you want to add it.
Dec 30, 2014 4:48 AM

Nov 2011
moonnya said:
for comparison, this is last fall's top 8 for first volumes

27,067 Infinite Stratos 2
19,435 Kuroko no Basket 2nd SEASON
14,727 Arpeggio オ -ARS NOVA-
13,696 Kill la Kill
10,565 Little Buster ~Refrain~
*9,613 Non Non Biyori
*8,461 Gundam Build Fighter
*6,746 Kyoukai no Kanata

this season is dead, fucking dead, only about 1 or 2 show sell more than last year Gundam

I'm glad that Grisaia doesnt sell much more than White Album 2

NNB v1 is sitting at 10.6k, btw. Autumn 2013 had 6 v1s hit 10K, ontop of 2 v1s above 9k(GBF and Yowapedal)
rederoinDec 30, 2014 6:10 AM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 30, 2014 4:48 AM
Apr 2012
DVD + Blu Ray
16,610 16,610 Sword Art Online II Vol.3 Limited Edition
9,624 9,624 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei "Kyuukousen-hen" Vol.3 Limited Edition
6,530 6,530 Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Vol.1
5,858 5,858 Amagi Brilliant Park Vol.1 Limited Edition

Great to see SAO and Mahouka up there again, fully deserving of the fab sales which are fairly consistent if down a tad. Amagi and Cross Ange deserve to sell more but those sales are far, far from bad. Both excellent shows.
Dec 30, 2014 5:21 AM

Jun 2013
I actually expected Amagi to sell more. Not as much as Free did but still a little bit more.

moonnya said:

13,696 Kill la Kill
*9,613 Non Non Biyori
*6,746 Kyoukai no Kanata
Huh I didn't know that GBF sold so well. Good thing though
Dec 30, 2014 5:46 AM

Nov 2007
hpulley said:
tsubasalover said:
66. **1,741 *17,519 Nagi Yanagi "Polyomino"

This contains "Rainy Veil", an ED in Grisaia no Kajitsu.

You missed yanaginagi's single "Sweet Track" which includes as the B-side, the theme song to the Wixoss mobile game "Burn out the ENERGY". Not sure if that is enough anime relation for you to include it but it is in the sales data if you want to add it.

Yes, I saw that single, but it's not anime related, so I didn't add it. Also, it would be too lengthy when mentioning Grisaia no Kajitsu ED, too, so I didn't mention it. Because there's also Oregairu OP and Black Bullet EDs.
tsubasaloverDec 30, 2014 7:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 30, 2014 5:53 AM

Mar 2012
YumeHunter said:
I actually expected Amagi to sell more. Not as much as Free did but still a little bit more.

moonnya said:

13,696 Kill la Kill
*9,613 Non Non Biyori
*6,746 Kyoukai no Kanata
Huh I didn't know that GBF sold so well. Good thing though

It is the amount of lackluster shows which failed to be good this season.

I practically dropped Madam no Vanadis and Inou Battle because they were going nowhere.

Grisaia was a disaster... I never played the games but you can tell they were not properly adapted well. to many skips and plot holes.

The only real new show that manged to keep me interested was surprisingly Cross Ange and before u say it. if u can stomach it for awhile it gets better after each episode. As well As Amagi Brilliant Park which i found to be quite entertaining.
Dec 30, 2014 6:12 AM

Mar 2012
Kotobukii said:
Love Live! on top where it should be. Free! and Haikyuu!! get a small wk2 which makes me happy.

Amagi doesn't even deserve to sell half of what it did. What mediocre sales, but it's sales aren't exactly the best, so maybe I shouldn't complain.

Nothing from Fall really interested me that much. Most shows suck. Also Cross Ange shouldn't have sold anything such a shit series with a wasted voice cast.

SolvitePriest said:

there were high expectations for it.

only SJW whiney american cunts dont like cross ange.

Okay, if you actually, genuinely enjoy Cross Ange then you're beyond saving. It's a shit show and not because of 'misogoneeee!!' or anything. That show is just the dumbest shit to come out of the industry in a while.

Please refrain from insulting or perquisite any member within this community as by doing so your forcing your ideals on to others and not respecting each individuals own individuality and freedom to enjoy any form of entertainment they themselves like.

If your opinions are different than you have to right to express it but you do not have the right to judge other peoples opinion about it. Otherwise that is just bullying.
Dec 30, 2014 6:15 AM

Jan 2014
AHHH O>O NnT soundtrack is released? omg !

And nice to see SAO vol3, even its sales drops bit by bit with each volume :S
Dec 30, 2014 6:18 AM

Jan 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
AHHH O>O NnT soundtrack is released? omg !

And nice to see SAO vol3, even its sales drops bit by bit with each volume :S

The sales are actually up from Volume 1's first week sales.

At least as far as i remember.

They arent going down. They are down from season 1 though.
Dec 30, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
It's weird how TV Gundam series seem to sell on disc by the decade. The 80's was great with the Zeta series, then the 90's came along and only Wing really did anything, then Seed and 00 were huge sellers in the 00's probably making it the franchises best decade ever for TV media disc sales, and then this decade while things are off to a better start than the 90's and G Gundam which didn't even chart at all it's not looking to good. At least the OVA and Movie series have been pretty consistent over the decades.

Overall Fall has kind of been a dismal season for anime sales. This whole year everything just seems kind of down and depressed average wise and it's almost kind of fair since the quality of most stuff has kind of been questionable including even the supposedly best shows people always talk about the most. If it weren't for Love Live it'd look like pretty much just nothing really happened with anime all year.

Well, yeah, Unicorn sold amazingly well....
Dec 30, 2014 6:37 AM

Feb 2012
Love Live stay winning *Charlie Sheen voice*
Dec 30, 2014 6:37 AM

May 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:

Please refrain from insulting or perquisite any member within this community as by doing so your forcing your ideals on to others and not respecting each individuals own individuality and freedom to enjoy any form of entertainment they themselves like.

If your opinions are different than you have to right to express it but you do not have the right to judge other peoples opinion about it. Otherwise that is just bullying.

Yeah, okay, I have every right to side glance people with their questionable interests. Like what you like, but I can think whatever of what you like. I could not care less about that whole 'don't judge' BS because everyone does it regardless of what they say. I'm just not going to be a hypocrite about it and deny that I do it, and I don't care for sugar coating my opinions either.

Also, judging someone isn't bullying. You do it every day subconsciously, without a doubt, and that is not bullying.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Dec 30, 2014 6:46 AM

Jan 2014
Kotobukii said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

Yeah, okay, I have every right to side glance people with their questionable interests. Like what you like, but I can think whatever of what you like. I could not care less about that whole 'don't judge' BS because everyone does it regardless of what they say. I'm just not going to be a hypocrite about it and deny that I do it, and I don't care for sugar coating my opinions either.

Also, judging someone isn't bullying. You do it every day subconsciously, without a doubt, and that is not bullying.

Oh MAL... Dear MAL....
Dec 30, 2014 6:54 AM

Sep 2011
The big take away is definetly shirobako, im glad a series like that is selling. Its such a out there slice of life i was really worried it'd do poorly.

other than that, wheres my nozaki season 2 already, G reco was kind of a surprise, i dont think the series is that high budget despite being a gundam (plus the series is half its normal length so the budget cant be THAT high) but if im not mistaken that disc sale is supposedly close to how much age was selling. I honestly didnt expect it to do that poorly (in contrast to what its brand entails, pretty sure 4K in a week is alright for any other show).

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 30, 2014 6:55 AM

Dec 2012
A lot of Mekakucity Actors. Glad Free! made the list.
Dec 30, 2014 7:04 AM

Jan 2013
Love Live this cancer . . .
Dec 30, 2014 7:12 AM

Dec 2013
Well anyway lets hope that other anime this season would be better than this.
Bahamut Genesis wont sell more than 10k or more than Cross Ange, unless they give more free card as bonus. But thats just kind of risky
My main hope is now on Nanatsu no Taizai and Shigatsu, even when they are estimated to be 3-4k. Both of them are from Aniplex, one show is not a late night anime, the other has the cheapest price. Mekakucity had 10k first week (estimated ~3k) so I think 1 of those 2 could make it.
Parasite and Garo will have awful sale
Mushishi, Wixoss and other sequels wont sell more than its prequel
thats it, this season is dead, with only 3 hope left

Oh wait Yuyuyu could reach 10k too, so actually 4 hopes
Dec 30, 2014 7:14 AM

Jun 2014
it's kinda depressing to see how huge the difference of sales is between l live and the rest, i mean, wtf
:3
Dec 30, 2014 7:17 AM
Dec 2010
moonnya said:
Bahamut Genesis wont sell more than 10k or more than Cross Ange, unless they give more free card as bonus. But thats just kind of risky
My main hope is now on Nanatsu no Taizai and Shigatsu, even when they are estimated to be 3-4k. Both of them are from Aniplex, one show is not a late night anime, the other has the cheapest price. Mekakucity had 10k first week (estimated ~3k) so I think 1 of those 2 could make it.

Shirobako is apparently sold out until 7/1/15, so it has a chance of selling much more than its WK1 too.
Dec 30, 2014 7:22 AM

Dec 2013
scytheavatar said:
moonnya said:

Shirobako is apparently sold out until 7/1/15, so it has a chance of selling much more than its WK1 too.

2 weeks wait is quite long. But then we have 5 hopes
Dec 30, 2014 7:26 AM

Sep 2011
moonnya said:

i dont expect bahamut to sell 10 K but i just want it to do ok enough to be worth a profit, mappa deserves profit.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 30, 2014 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
moonnya said:

isnt bahamut sitting at 2k on stalker?
Dec 30, 2014 7:32 AM

Dec 2013
SolvitePriest said:
moonnya said:

6k now. But 4k of it was in the first few days and thanks to the free cards. And its overrated as fuck

Its stalker chart ...
moonnyaDec 30, 2014 5:16 PM
Dec 30, 2014 7:32 AM

Sep 2013
We're moving into a new age where anime sales mean a good bonus and only source material and merchandise matters :)
Amagi brilliant park's LN boost is enough for 2nd season (but that sh!tty kyoani probably won't do it
Nozaki's manga boost, anime could've sold -5000 and it still has a shot for a 2nd season XD
Bahamut is all about that game
Madan no ou vanadis too
Mahouka living the dream :)
Dec 30, 2014 7:37 AM

Apr 2014
moonnya said:
SolvitePriest said:

6k now. But 4k of it was in the first few days and thanks to the free cards. And its overrated as fuck

That's just your opinion.
Dec 30, 2014 7:37 AM

Mar 2014
Fate/kaleid still going nicely and damn Yuyuyu getting +3k, kinda suprised, expected sales to drop but guess not. Shirobako also doing really well and Expelled from Paradise still selling, not as much as expected considering all the previous demand though.
That Gundam G, Amaburi already only sold half of what it was meant to sale but Gundam G takes the cake in overestimation, what a joke.
Dec 30, 2014 7:46 AM

Feb 2009
JizzyHitler said:
but if im not mistaken that disc sale is supposedly close to how much age was selling. I honestly didnt expect it to do that poorly (in contrast to what its brand entails, pretty sure 4K in a week is alright for any other show).
It's more than double the sales of AGE vol1. Source
*2,343 *2 Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE [DVD+BD]
Pretty difficult to sell lower than AGE so that's gotta be something I guess.
Dec 30, 2014 7:51 AM

Jan 2013
Info about INOU battle sales ?
Dec 30, 2014 7:53 AM

Dec 2013
IzayoiSk said:

about 2k, like many other harem comedy. And it only has BD version
Dec 30, 2014 7:53 AM

Mar 2014
moonnya said:

A shame because this is the best season this year but most of these shows aren't meant to sell.
Wondering about next season already to be honest, it'll probably be a lot worst than this one.
Dec 30, 2014 7:55 AM

Feb 2009
IzayoiSk said:
Went on sale on the 26th but it sold lower than the cut-off. It'll show up on the full list.
Dec 30, 2014 7:56 AM

Jan 2013
belatkuro said:
IzayoiSk said:
Went on sale on the 26th but it sold lower than the cut-off. It'll show up on the full list.

okay thks
Dec 30, 2014 8:14 AM

Aug 2008
moonnya said:
SolvitePriest said:

Its stalker chart ...

Bahamut is ok to me. Not even come close to be best anime of the season but still good.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 30, 2014 8:19 AM

Dec 2013
Zapredon said:
moonnya said:

Its stalker chart ...

Bahamut is ok to me. Not even come close to be best anime of the season but still good.

Oh, by overrated, I mean stalker overrated its stalking point, I don't mean its score here or anything
Dec 30, 2014 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
Love Live is love. Don't question. And it looks like Amagi is selling well. Give me that second season ASAP.
Dec 30, 2014 8:23 AM

Sep 2011
belatkuro said:
JizzyHitler said:
but if im not mistaken that disc sale is supposedly close to how much age was selling. I honestly didnt expect it to do that poorly (in contrast to what its brand entails, pretty sure 4K in a week is alright for any other show).
It's more than double the sales of AGE vol1. Source
*2,343 *2 Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE [DVD+BD]
Pretty difficult to sell lower than AGE so that's gotta be something I guess.
thats still pretty close sales wise, though good to know its at least not selling AS bad as age.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 30, 2014 9:13 AM

Nov 2008
Cross Ange sold as expected but Amagi Brilliant Park fell short (for now as it will be 6000+ in a week minimum so a second season is likely once it gets there).

Dec 30, 2014 9:17 AM

Dec 2013
Good for Amagi
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 30, 2014 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
I'd like to see Amaburi with higher sales, but I guess this is not bad if we get a second season.
Dec 30, 2014 9:41 AM
Oct 2014
Strange, weird, and unexpected
Dec 30, 2014 9:47 AM

Aug 2014
What the fuck is doing Cross Ange there?
Dec 30, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
ppl hating on cross ange are the same ppl who haven't watched it
Dec 30, 2014 10:25 AM
May 2012
Japan sure love their idols, like really.
Dec 30, 2014 10:53 AM

Oct 2007
SolvitePriest said:
moonnya said:

I pretty much don't trust stalker anymore at all. It over or estimated way too many shows lately, but G-Reco really takes the cake. I don't think I've ever seen anything get more estimated ever. Like it wasn't even remotely close, yet bizarrely the second volume has been charting decently on Amazon for about a week. I still wonder if somehow someway something happened with that special equipment limited edition set that had the most preorders cause for it to be predicted at like 15K with the regular edition predicted at 3K only to end up just barely over 3K with both combined makes so little sense.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
5 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
6 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.