Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2014 2:24 PM

Aug 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great Episode! Once again Satoshi and their friends found Malamar but this time he has already two more freinds. Satoshi and the Team Rocket unite forces and they destroyed their plans....

That was and exceptional episode! Truly I didn't expect to find such an amazing good story on this episode. ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 2, 2015 1:27 PM
Mar 2013
My favorite episode in a looooong time.

James was awesome in this episode and his Inkay too. This episode helps remind us that Team Rocket's bond with their pokemon is just as strong as Ash's bond with his pokemon. They treat their partners with love and compassion. I'm so happy James and Inkay stayed together in the end <3

Those trucks nearly ran over Ash and company! :O If I was Ash I'd have Pikachu give the driver a good old fashioned thunderbolt.

You know I just thought of something. Team Rocket could really use a bunnelby/diggersby since they dig holes all the time.

Fun fact: One of a few very very rare episodes where Team Rocket shows up but doesn't blast off!
Jan 3, 2015 10:01 PM

Jul 2007
Yet again proving Team rocket make better good guys than bad. They should change professions!
Jan 5, 2015 1:18 PM
Dec 2014
"I wish I could meet a pokemon from outerspace!"
Did he forget about jirachi and deoxys?
Mar 7, 2015 11:03 PM

Sep 2014
I love when they show the good side of team rocket.

looks like the evil plot isn't over yet. they escaped again!
Mar 14, 2015 1:13 PM

Mar 2013
Wait, so they just assumed that the first Malamar they saw after having been mind-controlled by a Malamar in a previous episode was the exact same evil one they'd encountered? ...That's profiling, and that's wrong, man.
Mar 15, 2015 4:34 PM

Nov 2014
Aww James and Inkay! <3 It's too bad he'll probably give Inkay up anyway next generation like they do every time they go to a new region. I wish more of Team Rockets old Pokémon would come back besides Wobbuffet.
Mar 15, 2015 4:35 PM

Nov 2014
hawk222 said:
Wait, so they just assumed that the first Malamar they saw after having been mind-controlled by a Malamar in a previous episode was the exact same evil one they'd encountered? ...That's profiling, and that's wrong, man.

Lol I was thinking the same thing xD Like...How do they know it's the same one? I'm not racist against Pokémon, but seriously they all look alike. xD I would have gotten those 3 mixed up with all the wild Malamar...
Mar 27, 2015 12:45 PM

Sep 2009
Wow there I was afraid for a minute.. I really thought that James would let go of his Inkay but fortunately he didn't do that^^

Apr 22, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
jessie and james have the best relationship with their pokemon
also, where is team flare? did the malamar replace them or something?
May 14, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
I was going to say "is this one of the only episodes where Team Rocker don't blast off?" lol. I thought it immediately at the end.

That was my favourite episode since the last episode with Malamar, they are so interesting.

I'm glad they failed to make the world in to what they wanted again and went in to the future. I hope they don't come back.

Also, I simply adored James in this episode, he was so great, especially helping get the rest out of trouble and with the help of his Inkay. It was kinda sweet of him to try and let Inkay go when he thought he'd be happier with the other Pokemon but I am glad Inkay decided to stay! <3

Awww, I liked when he kept showing Inkay the croissant to bring him back! <3333

I've always loved James, I keep thinking I should go back and watch the series I missed which is a lot just for James.
Nov 8, 2015 10:59 AM

Nov 2014
What a great episode.. we actually met the Malamar from back then, it even add another 2 Malamars to help it, lel.. The motive is generic but surely terrifying.. It did a great job as an antagonist although it's only a pokemon..

Anyway, in this episode i guess James got the most focus.. Starting from he, meowth, and Clemont ask another Malamars and Inkays to help them and he even capable to snap his Inkay from the hypnosis with a Croissant.. There's some heartwarming moment in the end and i was pretty sure that James will release his Inkay in this episode, but actually they love each other almost the same level as our crew with their pokemon.. Oh, and this is one of the few episodes that Team Rocket didn't get blasted off XD XD

Overall a great episode.. the best ones since the last Gym battle in Shalour City.. looking forward to see the next ones.. 5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Feb 6, 2016 7:24 AM

May 2013
Great James episode! If there's anything I learned from my recent rewatch of the original Pokemon series it was that James is the if not one of the most entertaining characters in the series, so this was a great episode! I love his relationship with his Inkay, him almost releasing it gave me shades to Ash always releasing his old Pokemon but thank goodness it wanted to stay and they had that cute crying moment together talking about how Team Rocket is a team and how they basically love each other. Very cute moment. As well as the croissant moment, just a great James episode! A really good episode.

Sep 4, 2016 1:48 AM

Dec 2012
Okay, so some Calamanero's are rapist. *ding*

Junsa so fine.

I'm pretty sure they were trying to revive Sauron. :D
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 4, 2020 5:46 PM

Dec 2008
Team Rocket episode... Kojiro/James episode!! And a really good one. Lots of actions and emotions and Team Rocket. So cute how he cares for his pokemon.

Next episode start of 2015... Damn I'm behind on this show. XP
Jan 11, 2022 10:14 PM

Sep 2017
marctucker91 said:
"I wish I could meet a pokemon from outerspace!"
Did he forget about jirachi and deoxys?

and Celffa Clafairy from the UFO episodes in s1 and other
also Beheeyem and Elgym ect. lol

James best character !
Jan 11, 2022 10:16 PM

Sep 2017
hawk222 said:

yeah that's racist 😔 , thats saying they all look alike and act alike.
Aug 15, 2022 1:19 PM

Dec 2007
so malmar want to destroy the world, huh?
wonder about the time travel at the end. lol

i love james treatment for his pokemon, he always have big hearts for them.
Jan 17, 8:32 AM

Jan 2013
Back to the main story with Malamar.
A lot of focus on Team Rocket, when they get their time to shine, they really do ^^

THE CROISSANT saved us all!
PrOxAntoJan 17, 8:37 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.