Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 19, 2009 4:58 AM
Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Awwww poor Miyoshi. Hopefully things will be cleared soon. Would like to see more romance-based drama though :P

Can't wait to see how their manga turns out. The main character looks heaps interesting. Miura was able to highlight some good points.
Nov 19, 2009 5:06 AM

Jul 2009
Things getting complicated between Miyoshi and Takagi, and Miho, it's been a while

Damn nice cliffhanger there XD
Nov 19, 2009 5:21 AM

Oct 2008
Things are happening fast in Bakuman. I didn't think Miyoshi would get called so soon as the next chapter. But I guess it should be expected considering how much time she spends with Ashirogi. Darn I hate freeloaders.

It was a very good chapter! Aoki is starting to get feelings for Shujin. She's so sweet.
But somehow I don't think Miyoshi will disappear. She's Miho's best friend after all. It would probably be a little problematic... or would it?

Miura's getting owned by his co-workers. Result of the gag manga coming up next! How could it get a nice rating after all the bad vibes? I don't want it to get a nice rating ;[ They still feel so unsure of the plot and the characters and so on... There's not enough passion!
Nov 19, 2009 5:44 AM

Sep 2007
Damn it, we got to see Miho and Miyoshi in this chapter *vomits violently*

I dont mind the gag manga, but i dont really want it to do welll. Although if everyone keeps saying Money and Intelligence why the hell dont they just do a serialised version of that lol

Still need to see more of that dashing mangaka of Otters though and Eiji too :)
Nov 19, 2009 5:52 AM

Jul 2009
I dislike the heart shaped hair.
Nov 19, 2009 6:23 AM

May 2007
Tea_Tippler said:

I'm also not liking the gag manga idea too. Although the premise of the invention thing sounds all good and dandy, the editor seems to be taking control of the entire manga itself. I wonder if that's really a good thing. I would rather see them make a somewhat serious manga like Money and Intelligence. But that's just me I guess.
Nov 19, 2009 6:39 AM

Mar 2008
God. I'd wish for them to have good ratings but not with this manga. I kinda laughed at the heartshaped hair, but... that's just not their style. I'm still with mystery for both of them.
Oh and, I kinda felt sorry for Miyoshi. A little tiny bit. But I don't know why I get the feeling that she's going to cause problems to Mashiro, too, even if she doesn't want it. Like, when Miho said, she'd be angry at Mashiro if he really hid and bla bla bla. Damn Miyoshi.
Rather see Takagi with Aoki. Really.
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Nov 19, 2009 7:11 AM

May 2008
Tea_Tippler said:

me to
it makes the character seems generic

Nov 19, 2009 7:16 AM

Aug 2009
I highly doubt they'll win but the relationships are getting quite interesting.
Nov 19, 2009 7:43 AM

Nov 2007
the heart shape hair is just awful. I still don't like the gag manga idea at all. I'm hoping they fail hard and Miura gets fired. Seems the romance is really taking a backseat with all Miho has gotten lately is this small appearance here. Aoki should get closer to Takagi now hopefully.
Nov 19, 2009 7:59 AM

Oct 2008
Tea_Tippler said:

Same, I wanted them to do another dark story rather than a gag manga
Nov 19, 2009 8:40 AM

Jun 2009
Now that's how you pull off suspense.

Tea_Tippler said:

Ditto.
Nov 19, 2009 9:07 AM

Feb 2009
Gotta feel sorry for Miyoshi and hopefully Aoki will find some one for her but that ain't Takagi.
The gag manga is going well now so i'm feelin optimistic about it.

Nov 19, 2009 9:25 AM

Oct 2008
Td99 said:
Gotta feel sorry for Miyoshi and hopefully Aoki will find some one for her but that ain't Takagi.

How's Miyoshi a better fit?
Of course, I pity her. But I don't think she's suited for Shujin. She's a freeloader, who suddenly, right before she sees the letter cleans the studio. She never even did that before, so why now? Plot effect except for now? None. Helps in becoming mangakas? More like making it slow down, remember when she wanted to write novels? Oh you mean the inking? Doesn't necessarily have to be Miyoshi. Assistants do that too.
Nov 19, 2009 9:48 AM

Oct 2007
Doftljus said:
Td99 said:

Of course, I pity her. But I don't think she's suited for Shujin. She's a freeloader, who suddenly, right before she sees the letter cleans the studio. She never even did that before, so why now? Plot effect except for now? None. Helps in becoming mangakas? More like making it slow down, remember when she wanted to write novels? Oh you mean the inking? Doesn't necessarily have to be Miyoshi. Assistants do that too.

Miyoshi has been supporting the duo from the start, encouraging them and helping them with the manga. Mashiro said himself, it takes longer to draw without Miyoshi. She may have tidied the apartment more but it hasn't been metioned. She isn't a freeloader.
I don't get why people dislike her. I like her and will never accept Shujin with Aoki or anyone introduced so far other than Miyoshi.
I think her stupidity is sweet. She is energetic and seems to be able to cheer them up sometimes, She really cares about Shujin and is kind of a balance to his more serious side.
Aoki is great, but my own personal experience makes me root for Miyoshi x Takagi.

I just wish he would talk to her. It can't be a good sign in the relationship if he doesn't care that she hasn't been around for a while, or that he hasn't bothered talking to her. So I am bracing myself for the worst.
Maybe Miyoshi will try and take revenge by making a manga too, since everyone else seems to be jumping on the bandwagon. All the inking experience she has.. XD
Anyways, so glad Takagi is not my boyfriend. He's a bit of a jerk at times.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Nov 19, 2009 10:24 AM

Oct 2008
cabbit-chan said:
Doftljus said:
Td99 said:

Miyoshi has been supporting the duo from the start, encouraging them and helping them with the manga. Mashiro said himself, it takes longer to draw without Miyoshi. She may have tidied the apartment more but it hasn't been metioned. She isn't a freeloader.
I don't get why people dislike her. I like her and will never accept Shujin with Aoki or anyone introduced so far other than Miyoshi.
I think her stupidity is sweet. She is energetic and seems to be able to cheer them up sometimes, She really cares about Shujin and is kind of a balance to his more serious side.
Aoki is great, but my own personal experience makes me root for Miyoshi x Takagi.

I just wish he would talk to her. It can't be a good sign in the relationship if he doesn't care that she hasn't been around for a while, or that he hasn't bothered talking to her. So I am bracing myself for the worst.
Maybe Miyoshi will try and take revenge by making a manga too, since everyone else seems to be jumping on the bandwagon. All the inking experience she has.. XD
Supporting the duo isn't unique here. Everybody except Iwase and Saiko's mother was really positive about it. Aoki also supports the duo, she actually helps Shujin develop his manga and even inspired the heroine of it. Miyoshi may help the by inking but that's it. I don't think Ohba-sama ever thought of Miyoshi as a cleaner until now because she'll look even better and people will want her to come back. The key trick also felt very obvious, symbolic for her come back. I will not be surprised if she comes back soon. Otherwise Miyoshi is the hyperactive attention stealer, when the focus is supposed to be on Shujin and Saiko, the mangakas, she gets loads of panels for doing nothing. She's there for the same support that Miho does, does she really need that many panels? Comparing with how Miho gets none. Stating the obvious is also a fun trait of hers. And I'm bothered with how she hits people, even though it was a few chapters ago. Her stupidity isn't sweet anywhere. I don't see the need for it.

We've already seen this kind of relationship in Death Note.
Nov 19, 2009 11:23 AM

Oct 2009
Ending a chapter right at the most twisting scene. Damn, one more week. Huhh..
Nov 19, 2009 11:48 AM

Sep 2009
i was really against them going with a gag manga at first, but i find myself feeling slightly interested in how it'll turn out, damn it.

can't wait for the next chapter.
Nov 19, 2009 11:59 AM

Jul 2008
they better explain soon or else things are going to get out of hand. so i wonder what the results are? they keep us hanging like this
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 19, 2009 12:05 PM

Apr 2008
Always gotta wait for the results. Hmm. I still don't like their gag manga. I hope they get shut down again and change editors and realize gag manga isn't for them.
Nov 19, 2009 12:59 PM
Jan 2009
gag manga has a good premise to it, although i am not a fan of the heart shaped hair. another thing i don't like is, if you are having a problem with your girlfriend say it to her clearly that she is misunderstanding the situation. why put it off... nice cliff hanger though
Nov 19, 2009 1:25 PM

May 2007
I feel bad for Miyoshi, but at the same time I think Aoki is better suited for Takagi. I don't know what to think... I just hope things work out at the end. :x I want Miyoshi to be happy dammit. >0< Also, I don't like the gag manga either. The heart shaped hairstyle looks awkward. I think they need to do something serious. We'll see what the results say, though...

Nov 19, 2009 1:33 PM
Jan 2009
It's like it's not even their manga anymore.
Hearts shaped hair and a muffler...wow.

I want Takagi to set things straight with Miyoshi. But I don't want them together.
Nov 19, 2009 2:02 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Hiasubi said:
Tea_Tippler said:
careohx said:
lal that hero looks totally crap they wont make it to the first place

and it seems noone likes the gag manga idea neither do i :)

and to ignore a girl like that takagi is sure an idiot sometimes
Grimmm said:
I hope they get shut down again and change editors and realize gag manga isn't for them.

you guys pretty much summed up all i wanted to say!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 19, 2009 2:07 PM

Jul 2009
Rooting for some more Takagi x Aoki scenes o 3o
Plus, I'm not digging the gag manga all too much myself. Miura is the one taking the reins, and it annoys me how pushy and biased he is about it. He's putting personal before professional, so I hope they get back into their own groove soon.
Nov 19, 2009 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
Naruleach said:
Hiasubi said:
Tea_Tippler said:
careohx said:
lal that hero looks totally crap they wont make it to the first place

and it seems noone likes the gag manga idea neither do i :)

and to ignore a girl like that takagi is sure an idiot sometimes
Grimmm said:
I hope they get shut down again and change editors and realize gag manga isn't for them.

you guys pretty much summed up all i wanted to say!!
Nov 19, 2009 3:43 PM

Oct 2007
Want to see what the results are nao!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Nov 19, 2009 3:45 PM

Sep 2008
Heart hair is horrible, they should get last place just because of that...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2009 3:57 PM

Jun 2007
the hell... that final design for Tanto was awful. I don't think I'd read it just because of that.

Anyway, Takagi not clearing things up surely leads to something bad D:
Nov 19, 2009 4:15 PM

Mar 2008
UGH! I hate the gag manga, there is absolutely nothing that I like about it, the characters they designed are generic, and it just doesnt fit them at all. I dont want it to do well because i dislike it so much...

they should just serialize money and intelligence, it seems to be pretty popular with everyone, i dont understand why they havent done that yet.

oh one last thing, excellent cliffhanger!
Nov 19, 2009 6:28 PM
Jul 2009
Poor Miyoshi... though I really like Aoki. :P

And I want more Miho!!
Nov 19, 2009 6:29 PM
Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Heart hair is horrible, they should get last place just because of that...

LOL XD
Nov 19, 2009 8:08 PM

Jun 2009
It was an OK chapter...

That's it...
Nov 19, 2009 10:01 PM

May 2007
looks like a digimon main character.

also takagi sucks at managing his relationship.
Nov 19, 2009 10:06 PM

Nov 2007
Uh oh, Miyoshi is being forgotten by Takagi here, if this keeps up an Aoki x Takagi pair up may just happen =O
Nov 20, 2009 12:25 AM
Nov 2007
oh cliffhangers... seems like 75%+ of the chapters end in em in this manga! lol oh bakuman. you and your heart-haired character's characters..
Nov 20, 2009 2:34 AM

Jul 2008
aw poor miyoshi and i nearly forgot about miho XD
Nov 20, 2009 1:21 PM

Nov 2009
OHAI MIHO, forgot that you were in this manga!

This new manga from ashirogo is gonna fail. They''ll realize that gag manga isn't really something they're made of. I think the writer is doing this because the next manga ashirogi is going to write will be a BIG hit. And to emphasize that, this one has to be a failure and then they''ll show their true strength.

I just happen to have this mind-reading capability of manga-writers. ^^
Nov 20, 2009 6:22 PM

Apr 2009
lol the rivalry between editors xD
and it seems like Yamahisa actually has brains >> i didn't like him at first, but he's growing on me now and Miura destroyed my last bit of respect i had for him *sigh*

i dnt want Miyoshi and Shujin's relationship dnt get destroyed! D= that would suck cuz it's for such a stupid reason!
once again, i fuckin hate Iwase
Nov 20, 2009 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
Cliffhangers more.. O.o
Nov 21, 2009 1:35 AM

Aug 2008
MOOOOAAAAAARRR!! XD.... Quite a chapter... so Miyoshi went to Miho for advice huh? Looks like some drama will come out from this mess... a Big ole Drama that will hit the duo base.... I think they were to engrossed on their manga to notice the little but clear clues that told them to be aware of Miho... It's sad that Shujin is not hurried to apologize for his rudeness... and little communication of his current situation.... Will Miho get on this drama? Will she make a fuss.... But I gotta admit she has the wits... she immediately supposed that Saiko is aware of all the mess...

SO we got deep into the gag manga... I kinda agree it's not their style... but hey they're genius mangakas so if they're goof enough thay have to be able to pull of that and much more!!! Gag or whatever.... Dunno where's leading Ohba-san leading us to, but I'm pretty much sure this will have a different ending.... I'd risk myself to say this will end in a way similar to Saiko's Uncle... but it's still early.... will the gag manga be their only hit? NOOOO it won't I know it... they0re too much to just be remebered by gags... Oh heart-shaped hair? LOL I liked it... but he did reminded me of the main of Digimon too... scarf included XD

Yamahisa is a genius since the beginning... he just makes things in a dirty way... anything else besuides that it's pretty clear that he's a sneaky weasel hahahaha... Oh he almost made Aoki do something nasty... and pair her up with a man again hahahaha... Oh Aoki... are you falling for Shujin too?... I love the Kaya x Akito x Aoki love triangle hehehe

Damned cliffhanger... so awesome... now i wanna read next chappie naaaao! XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2009 9:59 AM

Jun 2008
Poor Miyoshi....but I know from experience that guys can be like that sometimes. :P Anyway, I wonder what's going to happen with Miho now...

I can't wait to see how the gag manga is going to do.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Nov 21, 2009 12:19 PM

Jun 2007
cabbit-chan said:
Doftljus said:
Td99 said:

I totally agree!
And don't forget that she's the one who came up with the name "Ashirogi Muto"!
It really annoys me that Mashiro cares about her more than Takagi. ><

But finally, Miho's back! *-* I missed her, she's so cute.

I hate the heart shaped hair. Looks more like an ass :[
Nov 21, 2009 3:31 PM
May 2008
i don't this manga's going to do too well. i think it'll come in the top 3 and maybe get serialized but it will be short-lived. hopefully they'll start bakuman soon (that is, if we're still under the assumption it will be the name of their popular manga)
Nov 21, 2009 11:51 PM

Jan 2009
Stupid gag manga... Bad manga is bad manga.... I hope their gag manga places last place. They might as well be trying their hardest to make the biggest flop. True, some gag mangas are extremely successful, but normally they have a deeper story too... Yes, the heart shaped hair looks either like butt cheeks, or boobs.. experiment gone wrong?

I really dislike Aoki and Iwase right now, home-wreckers... and Miura, this isn't his manga. He fails as an editor. Hopefully the manga will progress some time... It feels like every time it progresses, it takes a few steps back.
Manga_samaNov 24, 2009 4:05 PM
Nov 22, 2009 8:17 AM

Jul 2009
I wonder how Miyoshi and Takagi will sort it out O_o
Feb 3, 2010 3:47 AM

Oct 2008
Now it seems like Aoki has fallen for Takagi.. he sure is quite the popular one.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 13, 2010 9:47 PM

Nov 2009
I don't like the whole idea and design of their gag manga and their hero looks retarded, even for a gag manga... =/ I kinda hope it doesn't do well so they can make a manga that's more their forte...I'm sick of all thus gag manga stuff now

Also Miyoshi annoyed me this chapter, seriously when girls do the whole jumping to conclusions and refusing to even listen to what the guy has to say thing (since their conclusions are usually wrong) it really irks me....and I'm a girl >_>

cabbit-chan said:

Um he DID try talking to her...and she refused to even listen to him, and hung up on him. I'd get frustrated if I was him too. And personally I'd love Takagi as my boyfriend he seems like a lot of fun and smart, and he can be really caring. *coughandyoucantgowrongwithahotguyinglassescough*

*SHOTSHOTSHOT*
Oct 24, 2010 1:33 AM

Jun 2009
Mutual Understanding
Miss Understanding
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 24, 2012 5:53 AM

Oct 2008
Ooh, a cliffhanger. I wonder what they're gonna see on the next page. That aside, so Takagi decided to settle the problem after the manga. Good thing he didn't get distracted.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 168 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Feb 22, 2012

52 by Adriannitro »»
May 6, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.