Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2014 8:07 PM

Apr 2014
rdtx2013 said:
DCDrewzee said:
I'm the only person I know who thinks this has been a very entertaining season. Couple of small issues, but a great season nonetheless. Going to miss it when it's gone.

Poor grandma :( No respect for the elderly

I really hope both Tougane and Kamui die by the end of this. Can't stand either one of those pricks.

769? Shit, he's even more insane than I first thought.

Is Mika going to die or get incarcerated at the end? I'm getting an insane, deathy vibe from her right now.

I miss Kougami...the REAL Kougami :/

I also want to know what will happen to Mika.. probably turn into a latent criminal and become and enforcer?

Sounds like a satisfying end to me.
Dec 11, 2014 8:09 PM

Nov 2014
Dammit. I had so much faith in Mika. I wanted her to change; to redirect her feelings of hatred from Akane to the Sibyl System. She breaks my heart TT^TT

One of the things I hate and love about Akane is how strong she is mentally. She doesn't break down even when her loved ones are killed, but at the same time, I want to see her fall, then rise up again. Perhaps it's because Psycho-Pass is so short that her worst moments are only several minutes long, but I can't help but feel tired of seeing the same Akane.

Season 2 is mirroring 1 too much. In 1, where faced with the showdown between a guy with a low CC and an Enforcer, and the same is happening now. However, I'm hoping the difference will be that unlike season 1, Akane will be able to save both.

Kasei is a really great character. I wouldn't want to be friends with her, but I think she makes a great villain. One of the few intellectual female villains, actually..

Oh Mika, you break my heart everytime~
Dec 11, 2014 8:12 PM
May 2014
Alfonse said:
konatachan80 said:

Actually, it seems that she was somewhat useful this episode.

How he found them? ..a certain phonecall comes to mind.
What did she say just before they were interrupted?

It's just that her character up to this point has been so annoying, boring, and uesless that it's hard to like her.

And yeah you're right about that. I remembered it about 5 minutes after posting that question but was too lazy to delete it.

I can't say I disagree with you.
My theory is that Mika is supposed to be a contrast to Akane when it comes to Sybil.
One that thinks everything Sybil does is correct, while the other knows just about "everything"
about the system and is reluctantly following what is said..until she can do something about
it, or gets fed up with it.

Edit: Mika also knows a thing or two, but I assume she got the short (and probably not entirely true) version.
konatachan80Dec 11, 2014 8:21 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Dec 11, 2014 8:15 PM

Nov 2012
I must be having some sort of memory lapse of this massive long term characterization and unpredictability involving Mika's friend and said friend's fate Alfonse and Suzie, but all I remember from Mika and her friend was they were in a school with the popular, but secretly evil chick, and Mika's friend became noticed by that chick, started hanging out with her and then killed. Considering we knew said chick was evil and her eyes has no soul in them or whatever it was, I don't see how it was any less predictable or contrived that she'd kill Mika's friend who she had interest in.
Jaywalker.
Dec 11, 2014 8:22 PM

Dec 2013
Well...better episode than the previous travesty. I'm tempted to dissect the silliness, but I think the writing made it obvious enough--no need to belabor it anymore LOL. The only thing I really enjoyed was the PP1 BG theme playing when Kogami 'appeared'.

I'll say this though--there was just way too much plot to address in so few eps. If anything S1 would have faired better with a shorter season rather than this one, so I won't bash the writer/director. Would Butcher have done much better? Maybe, but I doubt it.
DouluoDec 11, 2014 8:33 PM
Dec 11, 2014 8:29 PM

Jun 2009
Suzie said:
MasterGhost said:
On a side note, this episode hopefully should shut some haters up, ESPECIALLY that reviewer in AnimeNewsNetwork whose name I refuse to mention. This episode is why you should judge an anime as a collective whole rather by simply throwing a D or lower grade at each of its individual episodes.

?? I thought this episode was the worst of the bunch, I laughed the whole time (or other times I facepalmed, too), so no I think the haters should just speak up. And lol, don't take ANN reviews so seriously...

i agree it was so forced episode lol.
But still better than before
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Dec 11, 2014 8:46 PM

Apr 2009
"Die you pitch black soul" oh god that was a great line xDD cant wait for the finale
Dec 11, 2014 8:50 PM
Oct 2012
Finally Akane figured out what was happening and showed them (the Toganes) how motherf**** she is (thanks to "Kogami")! I hope Togane has died (and I want Kirito to have the same fate too). I think that if Mika doesn't die in the end, she will be arrested and sent to a rehabilitation facility, in other words, she will end like that skull tattooed guy of season 1, or even worse. She will be a crazy bitch, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Dec 11, 2014 9:03 PM

Dec 2013
769? He's a fucking demon

And once again, Mika doesn't show a single tiny stance of development, "It's not my fault..." at least take some damn responsability, you bitch
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 11, 2014 9:10 PM

May 2014
lucidbrandon said:
That was a huge freaking cliff hanger. Please no ass pulls next episode, like Tougane dodging or being immune to dominators. And please no he threw the knife before he blew up or something.

Cannot wait for the next episode holy crap

I wouldn't be too hopeful. Many characters throughout season 1 could barely hit what they were aiming at, such as Makishima's cronies (the hunter, the guys with nailguns, etc.), and even Kogami himself in the final fight.

Good chance it'll end up as a drawn out battle.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 11, 2014 9:19 PM

Jan 2009
die Togane die!!! lol 700+ crime coefficient lol
Dec 11, 2014 9:53 PM
Nov 2013
I don't know how to feel about this episode. It was certainly good, but next week's the last episode and I dont know how I feel about that.

That Kougami illusion, I wonder if Kougami will actually come back. There's no way they can wrap the franchise up without him. I'm also glad the Akane is doing what she thinks is right and not listening to that bitch chief. I really hope that Kamui shot Togane, but I doubt Togane would be killed off that easily. Hope to see a Kamui vs. Togane fight like Kougami Vs. Makishima.
Dec 11, 2014 10:38 PM

Sep 2011
MasterGhost said:
Alfonse said:
Also, i'm not understanding how her grandma dying would cloud Akane's PP. She witnessed her friend die in S1 right before her eyes, able to stop it but couldn't and her PP was fine. Why is Sybil and Tougane thinking that this situation would be any different? I feel like Tougane is just wasting his time.

Answer: Simply because it's her grandma and not her friend. Ask anyone on the street and most of them would say that family weighs more emotionally then a friend who you meet during college days. Except for orphans maybe (oops...)

Sorry .. but bollocks to that. In PP1 she watched and and fails to act as her friend who she hangs out with regularly gets her throat cut in front of her. In PP2 her grandmother who she rarely interacts with is kidnapped and killed away from her. Which of these 2 seem more traumatic to you?
Dec 11, 2014 10:46 PM

Sep 2010
Duoprism said:
My take on this season is that the new director basically misinterpreted what was good about S1 and tried to amplify those elements in S2. Considering Urobuchi is directing the movie, this season basically just feels like filler to add hype for it; which basically ends up making PP S2 feel pretty worthless.

Not saying it's terrible and complete trash; there are definitely times where I felt that same rush of adrenaline you get from watching PP S1 (and this episode is definitely one of the better ones in the season), but when compared with S1, there are significantly more plot holes, questionable plot elements, fairly negligible character development and poor pacing. They probably could have done a lot better job with this with maybe a few more episodes (two cour feels too long for this plot line) but I guess this is how the cookie crumbles.

When the movie comes out, I'm probably going to consider that S2 never happened in terms of canon.

^ This.
Dec 11, 2014 11:24 PM

Jan 2013
KOUGAMIGNJWGNKASMIWAEHIOKLVMAIGHOAWIGMNAWEKG

Mika as annoying as always...
Dec 11, 2014 11:24 PM
May 2014
fujioka-san said:
Duoprism said:
My take on this season is that the new director basically misinterpreted what was good about S1 and tried to amplify those elements in S2. Considering Urobuchi is directing the movie, this season basically just feels like filler to add hype for it; which basically ends up making PP S2 feel pretty worthless.

Not saying it's terrible and complete trash; there are definitely times where I felt that same rush of adrenaline you get from watching PP S1 (and this episode is definitely one of the better ones in the season), but when compared with S1, there are significantly more plot holes, questionable plot elements, fairly negligible character development and poor pacing. They probably could have done a lot better job with this with maybe a few more episodes (two cour feels too long for this plot line) but I guess this is how the cookie crumbles.

When the movie comes out, I'm probably going to consider that S2 never happened in terms of canon.

^ This.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie builds on the world as defined by both S1 and S2, just as
S2 builds on the world from S1. If so, then its going to be difficult to say that S2 never happened.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Dec 11, 2014 11:26 PM

Jul 2012
this show is getting even more ridiculous...

and why is everyone so fucking surprised about his crime coefficient, this number says absolutely nothing about him, i mean even people who are in a stopped train and see other people in green coats got a crime coefficient of 150... great...

and also they are researching aliens lawl
Dec 11, 2014 11:43 PM

Dec 2009
I like how Kirito just goes up to Togane and tells him that someone like him can't color Akane.
Dec 11, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2014
This episode went by pretty quick it seems. cool to see kougami make a appearance again and i guess i had my hopes up akanes grandmother would be okay but at least akane was able to keep her cool *shrug* i loved when she let sakuya know she knew his real motivations and background. i cant wait to see how this season ends..
"Whatever happens, happens."

Dec 12, 2014 12:21 AM

Aug 2013
Well that was the episode I've been waiting for.

All of the pieces are put together and now everyone can finally understand who the real villain is *cough cough Togane foundation cough cough*

769 CC? Holy shit Togane! I'm surprised the dominator didn't go into nuke mode.

So basically we see now that even though he had some awful methods, Kamui is actually trying to do something good for society. And as much as it pains me to admit it, and I wont forgive him for causing Aoyanagi's death, his actions are kind of justifiable.

Kill like 30-50 people to reach the goal of being able to judge Sybil, which judges society and has led to countless fuckups.

As much as I would like to think that Kamui shot Togane at the end, more than likely Akane hit his arms and blocked his shot while Togane ran and ended up stabbing her with his knife.

Time to see how this coms to a close next week.
Dec 12, 2014 1:19 AM

Oct 2010
Sunaryt said:
this show is getting even more ridiculous...

and why is everyone so fucking surprised about his crime coefficient, this number says absolutely nothing about him, i mean even people who are in a stopped train and see other people in green coats got a crime coefficient of 150... great...
Because get locked up in a train and getting a gun pointed to you shouldn't increase someone Psycho-Pass.
Dec 12, 2014 1:46 AM

Aug 2014
Yeah but not that drastically. They've forgot the range from 0-100.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 12, 2014 1:48 AM

May 2014
r0ykun said:
I don't know how to feel about this episode. It was certainly good, but next week's the last episode and I dont know how I feel about that.

That Kougami illusion, I wonder if Kougami will actually come back. There's no way they can wrap the franchise up without him. I'm also glad the Akane is doing what she thinks is right and not listening to that bitch chief. I really hope that Kamui shot Togane, but I doubt Togane would be killed off that easily. Hope to see a Kamui vs. Togane fight like Kougami Vs. Makishima.

Uhhh.. it would actually be nearly impossible to bring him back.

Near the ending of S1, Sibyl/Kasei made it imperative that they would only allow Kogami to live if Akane captured Makishima successfully. She didn't, so Kogami is kill-on-sight anywhere in Japan.

There's literally no way for him to return in the series unless all of the action takes place in an area without scanners or drones. Otherwise other division Enforcers/Inspectors will track him down and use Lethal Eliminator.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 12, 2014 1:48 AM

Aug 2014
He's part of a terrorist group in south-east asia anyways.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 12, 2014 2:58 AM

Jan 2013
Kasei to Akane: "I'll have no choice but to remove your rights as an inspector and eliminate you from society"

Okay, how about starting with that inspector who's operating 8 dominators simultaneously?
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Dec 12, 2014 6:12 AM

Sep 2014
The episode made me go ''YES! YES! YES!'' when they showed Kougami. But then it turned it out was a figment of Akane's imagination. I crie all the time, I swear. ;-;
Overall though, intense episode, which sets up for the finale of this season next week. We can expect it to be a bittersweet ending where no one truly is the winner.
Dec 12, 2014 6:40 AM
Jun 2013
I'm surprised people can even say that Akane developed. I keep hearing about it, but I don't see any character development from her at all... She got boring, and that's coming from someone who adored her in the first season.

How exactly did she evolve as a character? She's just a badass investigator who tries to understand and arrest Kamui. Yup, all cool, except how does any of that concern her personality? Didn't saw any changes, didn't see anything that wouldn't fit in a cardboard cutout, all the time throughout this season.
Dec 12, 2014 7:19 AM

Jun 2013
Eh, I feel like they're just going through the motions this time. The journey is fun, but compared against season 1 this just isn't even close.

The demolitions twist was the only part that I flat out rolled my eyes over, while the high point was definitely the 769 CC reveal. Cripes you evil (though given that, I'd say mommy actually failed at the whole criminally asymptomatic baby thing)
Dec 12, 2014 7:33 AM

Mar 2009
Akane finally makes her move this season, it's about time too! That annoying partner of hers is getting on my nerve, I hope she dies, turning her into an enforcer would be bad. I don't want to see her beyond this season, certainly not in the movie.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Dec 12, 2014 7:39 AM

Jun 2013
grave_robber said:
Akane finally makes her move this season, it's about time too! That annoying partner of hers is getting on my nerve, I hope she dies, turning her into an enforcer would be bad. I don't want to see her beyond this season, certainly not in the movie.

Too late :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1mMt1RUP8s (0:49)
Dec 12, 2014 7:42 AM
Oct 2007
waisehell said:
Anime episode of the year?
I definitely didn't expect this season to get better towards the end.

LOL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2014 7:45 AM

Sep 2014
I want more Kougami's scene the moment he appeared xD

What's with Tougane's Crime Coefficient? 769?
Seems like his hue is darker than black lol

"Be gone, You pitch-black soul" xD
Dec 12, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode, but the development of the season is short of what was in the first season, mainly the characters have declined enough, but I hope the plot surprise at the end
Even in an illusion Kougami appeared again, I can not help but think of how it would be the development if he was in this season of the anime ..
Dec 12, 2014 8:21 AM

Nov 2013
Well this was a nice filler season. Definitely not what I would call a true sequel. One more episode. I'm expecting a rush job here too.
Dec 12, 2014 8:42 AM

Feb 2014
It was nice to see Kougami in this episode, even if he was only in Akane's head, miss him.
How high can someone's psycho-pass be? Can't believe Togane's is over 700!!
Damn those cliffhangers, hope the next episode is just as good and isn't a let down.
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Dec 12, 2014 8:59 AM

Jul 2014
This is so stupid, that it's painful to watch.
Dec 12, 2014 9:22 AM
May 2011
I love psycho-pass, I think it's a diamond amongst animes, but I'm also starting to realise just how flawed this season is, unfortunately.

Why isn't eye-patch girl removed from the sibyl system so she can't use her dominator?
Where does Kamui get all this information from? Why does he operate solely based on hypothetical grounds?
This one is funny... how can 5-6 dominators override sybils main system? In season one I remember Kagari snucking into the main system chamber.. and DAMN that thing is huge. How 5-6 dominators override that system is beyond me.

Props to Akane for repressing her anger and keeping her psycho-pass clear. It's sad to see that she still looks up to Kougami for inspiration, but she needed something to calm her down so.. it's forgivable.

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Dec 12, 2014 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
I knew this was going to be a bad season when Urobuchi bailed out.
Dec 12, 2014 9:35 AM
Nov 2009
Akane busted their asses even though she doesn´t know it was Togane who brutally murdered her granny. Dat 700+ crime coefficient tho.
Dec 12, 2014 10:26 AM

Jul 2010
Togane and Kamui met face to face so, did Kamui got Togane or can Togane stab Kamui?
yeo
Dec 12, 2014 10:52 AM

Dec 2013
"Be gone, you pitch-black soul."
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 12, 2014 10:53 AM

Oct 2007
Benphyre said:
Be gone, you pitch-black soul.

just one episode left and then this shit is finally over :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2014 10:54 AM
Apr 2011
Kamui just showed how freaking flawed his values are. Does color matter when intent in evil? Does being clear make you right? And where's that shtick he always goes on about making people clear? Now he is calling Togane black? BTW, Togane
Dec 12, 2014 11:05 AM

Oct 2013
this episode > all the rest
THIS IS THE BEST ED HOLY SHIT
was an insane episode the build as I'd like o call it next episode is probably going to be "words" i jsut don't know
[/quote]
Dec 12, 2014 11:40 AM

Sep 2009
Wow that was really intense I liked Tsunemoris resolve and how she acts on her own! Kinda hope that Kamui doesn't die

Dec 12, 2014 12:01 PM
Nov 2014
Alfonse said:

Except we got to see the character more, and had no problem with it. You did care for her a little, and no one really expected her or even predicted that she was there to get killed. Here, with Tougane's goal already set and explained, you could easily deduce that grandma was there just to get murdered. Not to mention, her grandmother came out of nowhere (unless they mentioned her in S1)
I don't really see it as a big deal either, but it does seem half-assed and lazy

Also, i'm not understanding how her grandma dying would cloud Akane's PP. She witnessed her friend die in S1 right before her eyes, able to stop it but couldn't and her PP was fine. Why is Sybil and Tougane thinking that this situation would be any different? I feel like Tougane is just wasting his time.

Akane's grandma WAS mentioned in S1. When Kogami and Akane first visited Saiga, it was mentioned that she grew up with her grandmother.
So now I guess you can understand why she would feel this way. Family definitely > Friend.
------------------------

Anyways, the whole colective entity thing was great, it really explains how Kamui's plan of bringing Sibyl to "judgement" can actually work out.
Can't wait to see how this season ends, and hope that there is gonna be more Psycho Pass after the movie.
Dec 12, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
Cool, so you haters have finally made me open my eyes and see how bad this show has become. I can't even enjoy this season anymore.
Dec 12, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2013
Can someone tell me how a supercomputer fortress like Sybil goes on information overload from a few Dominators being used simultaneously? Even if I were able to overlook everything else, that one is just beyond the pale.
Dec 12, 2014 12:25 PM

Nov 2013
mayukachan said:
Cool, so you haters have finally made me open my eyes and see how bad this show has become. I can't even enjoy this season anymore.

lol I don't think it's the toxic MAL community. As a big fan of season 1, I myself have been enjoying this up until the last 2-3 episodes. It's a different studio after all, not a big surprise that this season doesn't live up to the first one. I call it the filler season myself. I'll still give this a high rating because as a standalone series it's pretty good.
I think people's expectations are just way too high coming from season 1.
Dec 12, 2014 12:41 PM

Aug 2013
''It's not my fault! It's not my fault!''
Dis gun b gud. It's a matter of time before she turn dark.

Dat hue brah. 769. Most of the ones we saw were 350-400 if I remember well, that's insane in comparaison.

Even if Kamui methods are horrible and that he's pretty much an asshole, I hope he succeed in his quest of justice. Sybil just is a horrible system in overall, judging people and killing them for trivial reason when meanwhile, some people have fun slaugthering a ton of people. Those brains need to be fried for fuck sake.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.