Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Battle Angel Alita
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 6, 2021 7:26 AM

Jun 2020
saengdao said:
the american live action actually made me sad yugo died, here i'm glad he died. dude was way too obsessed with getting to a place he's only ever heard of.

Yeah. he literally crippled dozens of people just so he could get to the top. Guy's a sicko who deserved everything he got. Still felt bad for him though in the same way as I do when some 20 year old gangster gets killed in a shootout. They may have done some horrific things, but if they'd just been born in different circumstances they could have led a happy life, respected for the traits that got him killed in this one.

Also the part where Alita said she was about to murder Yugo out of jealousy was kind of weird. I can't see any of her relationships ending well!

Beautiful animation, great characters, Solid 8/10, even with the bad Manga dub, the ADV one was miles better but I'm not importing a VHS from the States...

Now to move on to the manga.
BritishBlitz87Jul 7, 2021 2:15 AM
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Nov 25, 2021 1:58 AM

Aug 2018
I'd really prefer if this had more episodes to flesh itself out
_______I like rocks__
Jun 7, 2022 9:48 AM

May 2020
it'll be nice if this gets a remake and adapts all of the manga faithfully

Aug 14, 2022 7:19 PM
Feb 2022
Fue una buena OVA. Creo que Gunnm tenia potencial como anime. Algún día leeré su manga para conocer mas a fondo la historia.
Jan 4, 2023 4:27 PM
Mar 2017
BritishBlitz87 said:
saengdao said:
the american live action actually made me sad yugo died, here i'm glad he died. dude was way too obsessed with getting to a place he's only ever heard of.

Yeah. he literally crippled dozens of people just so he could get to the top. Guy's a sicko who deserved everything he got. Still felt bad for him though in the same way as I do when some 20 year old gangster gets killed in a shootout. They may have done some horrific things, but if they'd just been born in different circumstances they could have led a happy life, respected for the traits that got him killed in this one.

Also the part where Alita said she was about to murder Yugo out of jealousy was kind of weird. I can't see any of her relationships ending well!

Beautiful animation, great characters, Solid 8/10, even with the bad Manga dub, the ADV one was miles better but I'm not importing a VHS from the States...

Now to move on to the manga.
Nice, you summed up my feelings on yugo perfectly. 
poor Gally 
Jan 21, 2023 12:19 AM
Mar 2022
the best of the 90s!
Jun 2, 2023 3:19 PM

Apr 2023
It had a lot of potential as a full anime series and if there was another adaptation, i think madhouse should give this another go again one day who knows for sure.

Feb 5, 1:07 PM

Jun 2017
Overall it was average.As an advert it is good but looking at it as standalone the synergy felt missing.The romantic interest popped out of thin air ,its progression can be believable with a few clinks.It's a dystopian world with people hooking upto anybody for support.In that respect the anime did good keeping out patronising right and wrong. Chiren falling to Vector that easy, having prior visited Zalem she should have known a transport isn't possiblle as said by Ido ,felt weird .
Anyway it gets a 5.5-6 from me
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Battle Angel Alita Episode 1 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 31, 2009

27 by bakakisima »»
Feb 5, 11:56 AM

» Opinions on The Live Action Movie?

removed-user - Dec 19, 2020

4 by _MarkoMark_ »»
Nov 30, 2022 7:12 AM

» Why the hell cant I find Gunnm subbed?

Track44 - Oct 16, 2019

5 by Honestyle-Kaz »»
Mar 18, 2022 10:17 PM

» Iphone

otoko_tenshi - Nov 9, 2009

1 by mozgow »»
Nov 17, 2015 11:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.