Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Oct 4, 2023 10:54 AM

Jul 2012
In the first place, why TF the doctor do that 184 transplantation?
Whats the reason?
Just to make him keep alive?
Why using the 184 bodies? N not using another bodies?

Finally our new inspector swallow a red pill..
I just hope she is okay n alive..

I realize (at S1) that at some point this robot president could stab Akane from the back, but at certain point she also need her..
But now we knew that they want to (maybe) transplant Akane into Kamui?
I still didn't get the president motive . .

Jan 6, 10:04 PM
Mar 2023
theyre absolutely insane bruh what the hell
Feb 10, 11:09 PM
Dec 2019
Awful. Absolute nonsense topped off with basically magic to move the plot. How does Kamui make undetectable holos? He just does it repeatedly somehow. How does he make medicine that totally invalidates the entire psycho-pass system? It just exists and anyone could learn to do it if they studied enough. Shimotsuki manages to dig up basically the entire conspiracy from one clue on her own despite previously showing no particular competence or initiative. Why would a doctor stitch together all 184 child victims of a plane crash? Because it sounds evil! If they reeled it back into something even remotely plausible the idea of "underground black ops experiments to make cymatic ghosts" could work I guess but this is so over-the-top and nonsensical.

This is all very very dumb. They at least try to answer everything, I suppose, but all of these answers are horrendously dissatisfying. This is very bad mystery writing.
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
Aug 2023
I find this episode to be hilariously the "jumped the shark" moment. Not that this series was that great before this, but I found the series up to now to be frustrating because it was so close to being good yet keeps ruining itself with dumb logic, details that makes no sense, bad detective work, and plot holes. However with this episode, this show is no longer close to being good, it's just stupid, which ironically makes it way less frustrating for me. I feel like all the weight of my past frustrations of previous episodes have been lifted, that my past complaints were pointless now that the series has shown itself to be so stupid. I feel liberated because I don't care anymore, and can enjoy laughing at the stupidity of this series now.

To be clear, this series flushed all it's wasted potential down the toilet. It could have been so good, but choose to be stupid. I think this started back in S1 when they killed Kagari, and then Masaoka. Maybe even Akane's friend Yuki (I think her name was), she had the potential to be a survivor, and somebody Akane could talk to, and give us a peek into Akane's personal life (which she has none now given the direction this series has gone, which is why she's so boring).

Anyways, right off the start of this episode it's revealed Kamui's body is the combination of 184 dead kids, and parts of 7 brains. They played this fact totally straight, which made it so hilarious given how preposterously unbelievable it is. They didn't even lampshade it by having the characters question the validity of the claim or at least show hesitation to accept it, they all just roll with it. So right off from the start this episode destroys the audience's suspension of disbelief, and as I said for me, it makes the series "jump the shark".

I was laughing all throughout the episode with the absurdity of it all. Then we got to the reveal at the end where Mika gets totally fucked over, it was the most hilarious satisfying thing ever in this series. This entire series up to now deprived the audience of any satisfaction because the bad guys almost always gets their way, and the good guys almost always fail. Even in the S1 finale when the main bad guy Shougo gets killed, there's no satisfaction in it because the anime tries to give him some pretentious meaningful death scene playing classical music and all, when the audience just really wants to see him get his just deserts (or at least I did). But here in the final scene of this episode we have Mika, who's been excessively insufferable of a character to watch up to now, get her just deserts of being BTFO to the point where she's begging to be spared by keeping the secret. I couldn't stop LOL! The anime totally wants this to be a dramatic scene and for the audience to feel sorry for her, but ironically I was laughing with joy because the anime had made her so unsympathetic of a character, I felt no pity for her and only contempt; and this anime is so bad at fumbling a good story it had no self awareness of this, nor the jumping of the shark earlier in the episode.

This series is just a hilarious train wreck to watch now. Or at least I hope it continues to be, I don't want to go back to feeling frustrated that this series could be good, which it has shown it's not. But I think the series can't redeem itself now, too much damage has been done, and it flushed too much of it's wasted potential down the toilet.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.