Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2009
solid 10/10 2 episodes
love the himiko guy too just walks away from 6 to 1 fight
i am surprised he was able to resist that urge to fight them considering lack to empathize and no one else is around but shinich

and the scouter for power level is fucking gold.
Nov 26, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
He pretty much fucked up his relationship with Murano. I don't know if they'll ever be like before again.

But that girl though. How could anyone be so stupid? That's just not right. You don't tell a murderer "Hey, I know you kill people and haven't told anyone. Please go home."
Nov 26, 2014 1:28 PM

Nov 2014
Someone said Shinichi was the new Inaho but with anger issues that made me laugh...
Nov 26, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2014
This Show gets exponentially better each episode!
Nov 26, 2014 1:30 PM

Oct 2014
Awesome ep, loving the development
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2014 1:31 PM

Sep 2014
I would have told Murano to shut up as well, if she kept asking me every 5mins if I'm really me.

But in all seriousness I understand that the point is to drive home the fact that Shinichi has changed so much that even he is probably scared about what is happening to him, and he doesn't like being constantly reminded of that fact.

Dat death flag doh.

I was spoiled this week with 2 episodes. I really hope there will be one next week. I don't want to wait 2 weeks. If its really 2 weeks i would have rationed out these 2 episodes =3=
Nov 26, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2013
TheRevolt said:
Someone said Shinichi was the new Inaho but with anger issues that made me laugh...

Piece of shit and Shinichi don't go well in one sentence.
Nov 26, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2008
Double ep.
Does this mean that ep 10 will not air next week?

Nov 26, 2014 1:37 PM

Nov 2014
yuuko's definitely going to die. I'm still sort of undecided about whether or not I like shinichi's new personality... I'm really looking forward to next week though (will they skip next week's episode since they doubled up this week??) there's definitely going to be some sort of showdown between the hideo guy and shinichi
Nov 26, 2014 1:37 PM

May 2013
soundscape said:
Pknoctis said:
Well, that girl is pretty fucking stupid. "I don't know whether he's an alien or not, so I'll ask him directly in an otherwise empty classroom, without telling anyone. With my back facing him. Surely nothing could go wrong."

Anyways, whooooo great episode. Can't wait for more.

She deserves to get killed, I won't shed a single tear.

Otherwise a very good episode, this show is awesome!!!

What a dumb girl, why why would she do something like that after her brother told her about these monsters?!

I hope she dies next episode.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Nov 26, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2009
I don't like shinishi anymore :<
Nov 26, 2014 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
The glasses girl is going to be next to join the dead.

When Shinichi first met Murano, he looked just like me when I was a kid physically.

Nov 26, 2014 1:48 PM
Mar 2011
So, it was a 7/7 episode. Now I think that the electronic techno-like music is not a bad thing and other kinds of music wouldn't be so good... I think it's a really well done anime with a good story. It's strange that they decided to adapt it only now... But yeah, I liked these episodes. I like that not even one minute is wasted: every scene makes the plot move forward.
Nov 26, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
Well, they're changing a few location settings, and some minor characters from the manga, and removing a few scenes that didn't really matter. (eg Izumi borrowing a child's plastic shovel to bury the dog, and then explaining why).

All in all, pretty accurate so far, with the changes done not influencing the main story overly much negatively.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Nov 26, 2014 2:02 PM

Mar 2014
Mirano is seriously starting to piss me off.
YES, HE CHANGED, WE KNOW, NOW STOP SAYING IT EVERYTIME YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH.
Fuck her at this point, and for whatever reason Shinichi only realizes he's different everytime she says something and even then he only thinks about it for a second so of course she has to repeat it like 10 in the same episode, otherwise he'd never even notice, jesus christ, I see what you're trying to do but you suck at it.
Nov 26, 2014 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
soundscape said:

She deserves to get killed, I won't shed a single tear.

Otherwise a very good episode, this show is awesome!!!

What a dumb girl, why why would she do something like that after her brother told her about these monsters?!

I hope she dies next episode.
i was thinking the same thing, what part of they kill and eat people did she not get when her brother mentioned it to her,seriously how stupid does someone have to be to do something like that?
Nov 26, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2008
@Paulo: Her name is Murano.

Nov 26, 2014 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
I have a strong feeling that things are NOT going to go well for Shinichi. There's no way he's going to get out of this series alive.

THESE CLIFFHANGERS SUCK WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN THREE EPISODES THIS WEEK INSTEAD

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 26, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2008
I hate how I'm stupid and accidentally watched this episode first. Onto episode 8!
Nov 26, 2014 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
They always end with this cliffhangers.... I love this so much.
Nov 26, 2014 2:09 PM

Mar 2014
Des said:
Same thing, glad MC raged at her too, god damn, hope she stays go for the next few episodes, I need a break, and here I was all glad she existed in the first few episodes, now she's just a walking plot device for MC to notice he changed.
Nov 26, 2014 2:12 PM

Jan 2014
AmAzInG!!
Nov 26, 2014 2:13 PM

Nov 2014
Paulo27 said:
Des said:
Same thing, glad MC raged at her too, god damn, hope she stays go for the next few episodes, I need a break, and here I was all glad she existed in the first few episodes, now she's just a walking plot device for MC to notice he changed.
ahahahahaha its like your reading my mind and posting what i want too say thank you.
Nov 26, 2014 2:13 PM

Oct 2014
When this ended I felt soooo happy, one hour episode was the greatest.
Plus the action is really starting now
And after it ended I felt so relieved that 2 weeks ago I did a marathon on "Parasyte", this cliffhanger was the worst :D
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 26, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2012
I'm expecting the next episode to be the best one so far.
Nov 26, 2014 2:20 PM

May 2013
Paulo27 said:
Des said:

I want to slap her everything she says izumi-kun, oh how I hate these annoying shy/cute anime girls. sigh
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Nov 26, 2014 2:21 PM

Nov 2014
i really hope this series keeps going i'm really starting to enjoy and get drawn into it xD
Nov 26, 2014 2:23 PM

Oct 2013
y123y said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Shinichi just became the new Inaho with anger issues.

Hmmm, more like the MC of Guilty Crown

Who is Inaho? I hope we all realize that those guys are the new Shinichi as he was created before them.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 26, 2014 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Paulo27 said:

I want to slap her everything she says izumi-kun, oh how I hate these annoying shy/cute anime girls. sigh

Thought I was the only one, lol. Actually from the girls of this show I don't like anyone till now, maybe only the one who can sense parasites a little.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 26, 2014 2:25 PM

Jun 2013
I see Murano likes her guys weak and pathetic... well too bad, Shinichi HAS CHANGED! Now accept it or gtfo :)
Nov 26, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Paulo27 said:

Maybe is bc I am a woman, but I do get her. She fell in love of the nervous and kind hearted Izumi...but suddenly without knowing what or why, he did a 180 turn about.
We already know why he is not there, why he changed, but she doesn't. So what is she trying to do? Find the same Izumi inside that stranger.
I mean if a guy did that with a dog, I would be shocked, and wary of him.
I find it cool bc is a manga, but in real life...will be like what is wrong with you? A lump of meat???
Anyway, I do like her, she helps him keep his humanity.
Bc Kana is no help at all with her fangirling.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 26, 2014 2:27 PM

Nov 2014
Zadion said:
I have a strong feeling that things are NOT going to go well for Shinichi. There's no way he's going to get out of this series alive.

THESE CLIFFHANGERS SUCK WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN THREE EPISODES THIS WEEK INSTEAD
Nov 26, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2013
Migi was too late... Hence Shinichi reaction. At least, that's what I think. That was a terribly bad move, Yuuko.
Well, there's a slight chance that she survive all this, if she's able to use whatever that liquid she brought. I guess it's something corrosive for skin or something like that. That's what the preview seem to indicate too, but preview can be very misleading. That show knows how to do terribly suffering cliffhanger.

In the preview, we see Murano crying against a wall with other student also laying against the wall. We also see the parasyte with his body filled with holes. He's he going to go rampaging the whole school? If that's the case, this will be very messy...

I feel like he didn't really lose his emotion, it's more like he lost the emotion of sadness and instead immensely rose his rage and hatred. I mean, someone who is emotionless couldn't be that angry, he would be exactly like the other parasyte, a totally rational species. But Shinichi isn't like that, he's simply in a transition phase where he's trying to understand what is happening to himself. He sure do see thing more rationally, but a rational human being wouldn't have jumped a 3 feet wall and challenged another parasyte.

Ahhh, I also just love seeing Shinichi jump shit. It's so badass, like he can just go flying by giving himself a little push.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 26, 2014 2:35 PM

Oct 2013
Wow that girl is very intelligent. Darwin's theory at work here
Nov 26, 2014 2:41 PM

May 2013
soundscape said:

Thought I was the only one, lol. Actually from the girls of this show I don't like anyone till now, maybe only the one who can sense parasites a little.

Nope your not the only one but I suspect that we are in minority :P

I agree, the 6th sense girl is the only girl that doesn't annoy me. I hope that she plays a bigger role in the story later on.

gabyta07 said:

Maybe is bc I am a woman , but I do get her. She fell in love of the nervous and kind hearted Izumi...but suddenly without knowing what or why, he did a 180 turn about.
We already know why he is not there, why he changed, but she doesn't. So what is she trying to do? Find the same Izumi inside that stranger.
I mean if a guy did that with a dog, I would be shocked, and wary of him.
I find it cool bc is a manga, but in real life...will be like what is wrong with you? A lump of meat???
Anyway, I do like her, she helps him keep his humanity.
Bc Kana is no help at all with her fangirling.

Funny how it's the other way around for me, being a woman is making me wanna slap her for her poor contribution in the story. It would have been fine if she tried to figure out what changed him but watching her nag that he changed for I don't know how many episode is annoying. We know he changed, get over it!!
Nov 26, 2014 2:42 PM

Apr 2014
so after today dual ep that means we dont get ep 10 next week?

they just ended ep 9 with a cliffhanger of an epic battle between shinichi and the other guy D:
Nov 26, 2014 2:54 PM

Oct 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
soundscape said:

Nope your not the only one but I suspect that we are in minority :P

I agree, the 6th sense girl is the only girl that doesn't annoy me. I hope that she plays a bigger role in the story later on.

!

Really? I find her more annoying that Murano...with her thinking "Oh I am feeling my soul mate" I mean how dump can you be. And bc she is chasing that boy she will probably get killed, since what she is feeling as Izumi put it, its the parasytes wavelength.
Also the other girl, is dump too...why she didn't tell anything to her brother? Oh...yeah bc she likes the monster, and wants to make little parasytes together.

Nov 26, 2014 3:05 PM
Feb 2013
For God sake. My kokoro wasn't ready to handle such a level of greatness.
I thought I was the only one "Shut up Muranooo". But that's mean, I kind of understand how she feels. Ok, Shinichi is now a super badass Swag Lord (and my new husbando) but I also liked how he was before (ankward glass guy).

And the glass girl ! Oh, silly girl, how could she be so stupid ?
(Seriously Shinichi is awesome :T)
Nov 26, 2014 3:06 PM
Oct 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Funny how it's the other way around for me, being a woman is making me wanna slap her for her poor contribution in the story. It would have been fine if she tried to figure out what changed him but watching her nag that he changed for I don't know how many episode is annoying. We know he changed, get over it!!

Lemme guess, you're single right? That's how women work in real life. Though some men acts like that too. Just saying.

Anyway, great dual episode. This anime is the only anime I'm really eager to watch this season. Madhouse, please don't miss the next week's episode.
Nov 26, 2014 3:10 PM

Mar 2009
Didn't expect the glasses girl to make a stupid decision. Either that or she likes him so much that she's in denial, which I doubt. Or third, she wanted to suicide.
Nov 26, 2014 3:17 PM

Jul 2012
madhouse did it again best anime of the season
Cty Best mid
Nov 26, 2014 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
These last 2 episodes were good.
Enjoying the new Shinichi.
Looking forward to seeing him kick some ass in the future.
I just love characters with cold personalities! :D
Nov 26, 2014 3:36 PM
Jun 2012
great episode. i think the fact that it was back to back was freaking awesome just hope it doesnt mean that there wont be an episode nxt week. damn im not saying the girl with the glasses deserves to die or that she should die but damn she basically sees him doin all that shit and her own brother tell her they can shape shift and kills ppl and shes going to try and persuade him like really i felt like she was just a fuking idiot lol
Nov 26, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2014
Back-to-back episodes, what a neat surprise. Enjoyed this episode a lot, and F#ck cliffhangers~
Nov 26, 2014 3:39 PM

Mar 2013
OK, guys, that megane girl was extremely stupid at the end there!!! She literally did the dumbest thing possible in this situation! And that was after a full-blown serious debriefing from her brother cop about these monsters and how they kill and eat humans. And then she decides to go on and confront the suspect, alone and without consulting anyone.

I don't care what kind of weapon you have, corrosive liquid or what not, it's just not something you do when you're facing something unknown and don't know what to expect. Maybe he can make a steel-like anti-acid shield out of his claws, who knows??? Or maybe his reflexes are so high that they make him perceive the world in slow-mo so can easily thwart any of her attacks? ::end of rant::

I loved both of the episodes otherwise :)
LoneUlfsarkNov 26, 2014 3:44 PM
Nov 26, 2014 3:42 PM
Apr 2014
Stupid girl is stupid, but it doesn't make her any less realistic. Murano indeed being annoying when she just repeats the same thing over and over again, but still very understandable (Thanks for your point of view SaSa-Zoldyck, but while annoying it's a highly realistic way of depicting what many women, especially japanese ones,would do). and was it next episode already that she found out about his secret?

LOLOLOLOL. That Migi.[/quote]
I knew I wasn't the only one thinking of slightly indecent things here. ANAL SEX, or just some really good MGQ-like tentacle masturbation. Or both. The possibilities... Auto tentacle rape (*w*)
Don't zoom in, you wouldn't like what you'd read xD
TyrelNov 26, 2014 8:18 PM
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Nov 26, 2014 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
Shinichi saved those delinquents from Shimada.

Yuko is screwed.
Nov 26, 2014 3:56 PM

Nov 2013
The suspense is really starting to get to me now. I can feel this becoming a proper horror anime.
Now I have to wait a whole week for a new episode...after treating me to 2 episodes this week...
Nov 26, 2014 3:56 PM

May 2013
I laughed so hard when that girl decided to meet with Shimada...that was stupidity to a whole new level! Really liked the special, keep it up Madhouse <3
Nov 26, 2014 4:00 PM

Dec 2013
I wonder what will Izumi do when the world comes hunting down all the parasytes. He will probably seek alliance with Ryouko, who's becoming more and more humane. Thank you for this double episode, but it still felt too short >.<
This is definitely one of the best anime I've ever seen
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.