Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 8, 2014 8:19 PM

Jun 2014
I'm probably going to be getting a Vita in the next month, and I have a rough idea of what I want to get on it. Such as P4 Golden, Danganronpa, etc. But alot of the backlog I'm unfamiliar with, is there any gems or obscurities I should look out for.
Nov 8, 2014 8:20 PM

Nov 2008
Neptunia Rebirth
Akiba's Trip

Are you getting a PSP game on your Vita?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 8, 2014 8:29 PM

Jun 2014
I just mean because it's backwards compatible and never had a PSP in the past, so getting a taste from that part of the discography would be enjoyable.
Nov 8, 2014 8:35 PM

Nov 2008
I don't really know if any of the PSP games are still available on Vita because I own a PSP xDD

But do tell me what kind of games are you looking for?

We have extremely high compatibility in animes, I think we have similar tastes. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 8, 2014 8:37 PM

Nov 2012
Jerkhov said:
I just mean because it's backwards compatible and never had a PSP in the past, so getting a taste from that part of the discography would be enjoyable.

you mean to say its NOT backwards compatible, right?

I mean theres a good number of PSP games that you can download from the PSStore onto your Vita. But you can't insert the UMD PSP disks into the Vita anywhere though.

You can find a good condiion used PSP 3000 from anywhere around $60 - $80 . New ones cost between $120 and $150 , don't get one for over $150 b/c you can find Vitas for that ammount, so that would be them just trying to swindle extra cash out of you if it didn't include games.

Vita retails for $199.99 new just like the 3DSXL, but depending on where you look and if you want the 2nd model instead of the original 1st model, you can get a new one in the range of $150-ish to $180-ish. You can find one used from between $120 and $180 , pretty big price range b/c people sell them in variable states of condition and some people just want to get rid of theres and sell it for real cheap (around $100-$120 if you get lucky. I actually bought a white vita off this dude from Craigslist for $120.00 but I had to pay for gas to go pick it up about 60 miles away. Was in great conidtion with one thin screen scratch, already had a screen protector, games on memory card, 8GB memory card, and one physical game came with)
midnightbladeNov 8, 2014 8:54 PM
Nov 8, 2014 8:52 PM

Jun 2014
Vita
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Freedom Wars
Tales of Hearts R
One Piece
SAO
Killzone
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Soul Sacrafice
FFX/X-2
Mortal Kombat
Injustice
Ninja Gaiden
Gravity Rush
Uncharted
MGS HD collection
Silent Hill
Psp
Gods Eater Burst
Fate/Extra
GTA
Manhunt 2
Nov 8, 2014 8:52 PM

Jun 2014
Wait, it's not backwards compatible! Eh anyways I was thinking about possibly getting a PSP go or something to hack for emulators and pirate stuff, then do all the legal stuff with the nice vita.
Nov 8, 2014 8:57 PM

Jun 2014
Jerkhov said:
Wait, it's not backwards compatible! Eh anyways I was thinking about possibly getting a PSP go or something to hack for emulators and pirate stuff, then do all the legal stuff with the nice vita.

It depends what firmware the vita comes with, if you have a ps3 you can still transfer the exploit game over and update to a specefic fw with your pc and you can play emulators and pirate stuff, but you cant use PSN.
Nov 8, 2014 8:59 PM

Jun 2014
rawr97 said:
Jerkhov said:

It depends what firmware the vita comes with, if you have a ps3 you can still transfer the exploit game over and update to a specefic fw with your pc and you can play emulators and pirate stuff, but you cant use PSN.

Yeah I know you still can hack vitas basically to the same extent, but I wanted to not abuse that one. The original PSP would be my sad old man tool to hack.
Nov 8, 2014 9:02 PM

Nov 2012
A lot of people just ignore or forget about the download library that the Vita has {"THE VITA HAS NO GAMES HERP DERP"} , don't forget about that!

Especially if you like Ps1 games, theres also a lot of PSP games, and of course downloadable Vita games too.

They have full running versions of Ps1 games like (I'm an RPG fanatic): Chrono trigger, Chrono Cross, Breathe of Fire 4, a bunch of Final Fantasies, Persona 1-4, and a bunch of other games and those that aren't rpgs as well like boatloads of fighting games, platformers, and others. Its crazy how you can play these games that once pushed the limits of what a PS1 could do 15-20 years ago and now you can just casually play 50 hr RPGS on the go O.O have fun..

Previous poster before me covered a bunch of the good physical games for it. Make sure you get Tales of Hearts R when it comes out quite soon this week I think, Tales games are usually solid quality RPGs (I played Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Graces F, and Tales of the Abyss and I'd rate them all around 7/10- 8/10) and this is the first portable one that wasn't for a nintendo handheld I think (In America anyway).
midnightbladeNov 8, 2014 9:07 PM
Nov 8, 2014 9:14 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah. Idk if you are getting Vita or PSP or both but if you are getting a PSP with hack, I can recommend you a lot of games, including Japanese games if you understand the language. xDD

Nov 8, 2014 9:34 PM
Nov 2008
any game on the ps store that looks even remotely japanese, since japanese devs seem to actually care for the platform
Nov 8, 2014 9:40 PM

May 2011
Pretty sure you can downlad games through PSN on the Vita that are from the PSP.

If you like JRPGs All Disgaea games from 1-4
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
Nov 8, 2014 9:49 PM

Nov 2012
FreakyTy said:
Pretty sure you can downlad games through PSN on the Vita that are from the PSP.

If you like JRPGs All Disgaea games from 1-4

That's not to say that the Vita has all the PSP games ever made to download off the PSN though.

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

4 by DreamWindow »»
6 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
11 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.