Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 22, 2014 4:56 PM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
she is cheating anyway with... whatever prototype of soul translator?

no it's not soul transfer it's called Medicuboid... I don't know how can this fulldive system can enhanced one's reaction time in the game, like that quick blow recovery Yuuki has after getting one from persons she dueled and counters it so quickly... but I totally agree with you that it's really unfair for all ALO players...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 22, 2014 5:02 PM
Apr 2014
DeadZeroSource said:
ninjastarforcex said:

no it's not soul transfer it's called Medicuboid... I don't know how can this fulldive system can enhanced one's reaction time in the game, like that quick blow recovery Yuuki has after getting one from persons she dueled and counters it so quickly... but I totally agree with you that it's really unfair for all ALO players...

It's just that the Medicuboid has a better reaction time than AmuSphere, but its slightly, it's not super fast or whatever, it's just that Yuuki is living that world, she feels no delay or anything.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 22, 2014 7:55 PM

Jul 2012
Can't wait for UW. I hope it gets adapted as well. Roselina senpai
よろしく!
Nov 23, 2014 12:05 AM

Jul 2014
This arc makes me want to cry like a bitch ==
Nov 23, 2014 12:06 AM

Jul 2014
aznsensation801 said:
Reyxe said:

This shit almost made me cry.

Me too
Nov 23, 2014 12:21 AM
Oct 2011
Though I dislike this series since GGO , after reading this thread
i cri evrytiem
Nov 23, 2014 2:17 AM

Dec 2013
Would someone be so kind as to direct me to a place I can read the events after MR in English up to the latest volume? Or better yet, to PM me a synopsis on what happened afterwards?

I love this series to bits, but ever since they took things down from BakaTsuki, I've not been able to do anything but read the wiki page, but I would so love to at least know what has happened thus far in the story up to the latest volume (15th was it?). I really would like to at least know whether

Thanks and much appreciation in advance!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 23, 2014 7:13 AM

Aug 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Would someone be so kind as to direct me to a place I can read the events after MR in English up to the latest volume? Or better yet, to PM me a synopsis on what happened afterwards?

I love this series to bits, but ever since they took things down from BakaTsuki, I've not been able to do anything but read the wiki page, but I would so love to at least know what has happened thus far in the story up to the latest volume (15th was it?). I really would like to at least know whether

PM'd.
Nov 23, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
L-Ryoshi said:

Search up tap-trans. He was one of the original translators (apparently) under Baka-Tsuki. Now he just posts the translations (volume 11-volume 15 chapter 14 so far) on his website. Just search up tap-trans.
Nov 24, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

did they force Asuna to marry that guy her mother ask her to meet? don't want a NTR arc like that one from Black Bullet.. that arc totally pissed me off...
A warrior of youth,
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 24, 2014 1:58 AM
Mar 2012
L-Ryoshi said:

As of v15
Nov 24, 2014 3:38 AM

Aug 2014
DeadZeroSource said:
L-Ryoshi said:

did they force Asuna to marry that guy her mother ask her to meet? don't want a NTR arc like that one from Black Bullet.. that arc totally pissed me off...

No, that all gets resolved in MR.
Nov 24, 2014 6:11 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah, forced marriage is LEAST of their problems after MR xDDDD
Nov 24, 2014 6:21 PM

Feb 2014
Honestly, I wasn't really expecting them to animate Mother's Rosario at all. I figured they'd just glean right over it without a second thought and go straight into Alicization/Underworld.

But honestly, while I found the novel somewhat lackluster at this point of the story, I'm glad they animated it. Asuna's at least getting the screen time, and the fight between her and Yuuki was a great watch.
"I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone"-AH

-Currently Enjoying-
Anime:
•ORANGE •91 Days •JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable [Part IV] •Mob Psycho 100 •Bokuno Hero Academia
Manga:
•Biorg Trinity •Shingeki no Kyojin •Kangoku Gakuen •Akame ga Kill! •JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: JoJolion [Part VIII] •The Gamer
Nov 24, 2014 6:35 PM
Apr 2014
I thought Mother's Rosario was going to be a movie... lol

Nov 24, 2014 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
Reyxe said:

Let's be honest, we all did. Well, Alicization take a whole year, probably.
Nov 24, 2014 9:42 PM
Mar 2012
salmon3669 said:
Reyxe said:

Let's be honest, we all did. Well, Alicization take a whole year, probably.

I knew it won't be made a movie ever since Aincrad was confirmed only half a season. No way A-1 would skip Caliber and Mother's Rosario to put Alicization after Phantom Bullet, even if it fits. Though I don't know why I had faith that A-1 wouldn't do that in the first place.
Nov 24, 2014 9:58 PM

Oct 2013
DeadZeroSource said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Medicuboid is more similar to NerveGear than AmuSphere. Indeed, it was developed based on NerveGear, not AmuSphere. AmuSphere aims to add an extra layer of senses onto your existing ones, but Meidcuboid/NerveGear aim to shut down your original senses and replace them with new ones.

Just like how NerveGear confers a slight advantage in reaction time and slightly greater immersion over AmuSphere, so does Medicuboid.
Nov 25, 2014 2:18 AM

Jan 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
DeadZeroSource said:

No, that all gets resolved in MR.

oh God thank goodness...
thanks for the spoiler,, xD
I can't read the novel properly since baka-tsuki stopped in translating them... and I'm pretty much open for spoilers... cause it's the only way i can know the story's current progress...

DeadZeroSourceNov 25, 2014 5:21 AM
A warrior of youth,
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 29, 2014 1:16 PM
Mar 2012
Episode 21 Comparison

Omitted
•N/A

Added
•N/A

Differences
•In the novel, Kirito showed Asuna three fingers to indicate that he would keep off the guild for three minutes, instead of shouting it.
•In the novel, two players from the boss clearing guild tried to sneak up on and assassinate Asuna and Siune, but Asuna noticed them and cast Aqua Bind to stop them. Then, after talking with Siune, she finished them off before charging at the rest of the guild.
•In the novel, Asuna was the one who closed the doors to the boss room, instead of Siune.
•In the novel, Asuna deduced the boss's weakness after thinking about Kirito battling The Gleam Eyes, instead of seeing Talken's spear exposing its weakness. Additionally, since she was casting a spell when she deduced the weakness, Asuna accidentally failed the incantation of her spell.

Errors
•The same incantation was displayed for the three different attack spells at the beginning of the episode.
•Salamander healers were shown to use a single-target healing incantation for healing multiple players.
•The incantation displayed for Asuna's incantation did not match the incantation that Asuna recited.
•Asuna's spell was supposed to generate four ice shards instead of three.

Additional Notes for Clarity
•N/A
Nov 29, 2014 1:19 PM
Mar 2012
Holy crap, Yuuki's amount of favorites are skyrocketing. I remember back when it was around 30-40~ before the arc started.
Nov 29, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
LastChapter said:
Episode 21 Comparison

Omitted
•N/A

Added
•N/A

Differences
•In the novel, Kirito showed Asuna three fingers to indicate that he would keep off the guild for three minutes, instead of shouting it.
•In the novel, two players from the boss clearing guild tried to sneak up on and assassinate Asuna and Siune, but Asuna noticed them and cast Aqua Bind to stop them. Then, after talking with Siune, she finished them off before charging at the rest of the guild.
•In the novel, Asuna was the one who closed the doors to the boss room, instead of Siune.
•In the novel, Asuna deduced the boss's weakness after thinking about Kirito battling The Gleam Eyes, instead of seeing Talken's spear exposing its weakness. Additionally, since she was casting a spell when she deduced the weakness, Asuna accidentally failed the incantation of her spell.

Errors
•The same incantation was displayed for the three different attack spells at the beginning of the episode.
•Salamander healers were shown to use a single-target healing incantation for healing multiple players.
•The incantation displayed for Asuna's incantation did not match the incantation that Asuna recited.
•Asuna's spell was supposed to generate four ice shards instead of three.

Additional Notes for Clarity
•N/A

Thank you for these notes.

LastChapter said:
Holy crap, Yuuki's amount of favorites are skyrocketing. I remember back when it was around 30-40~ before the arc started.

I expect Yuuki to break 1K quite easily at the end of arc; it was the same for Sinon and it will be the same for Synthesis Thirty.
Nov 30, 2014 12:52 PM
Sep 2014
Shouldn't be surprised... Yuuki is a likeable character..

Asuna "Yuuki" should be getting for faves too... she is clearly the top girl in SAO
Nov 30, 2014 2:10 PM
Apr 2014
VeryNicePerson said:
I expect Yuuki to break 1K quite easily at the end of arc; it was the same for Sinon and it will be the same for Synthesis Thirty.

One does not simply forget Thirty-senpai.

Dec 1, 2014 9:09 PM
Mar 2012
Reyxe said:
VeryNicePerson said:

She's reaching 30 favorites lol
Dec 2, 2014 12:46 AM

Aug 2014
LastChapter said:
Reyxe said:

She's reaching 30 favorites lol

>.>
But lol.
Dec 5, 2014 10:48 AM
Jan 2014
I have a question regarding Yuuki.
Why didn't they try to use the brain scan on her to get her consciousness on the internet/ into the VRMMO, like Kayaba did it ? I know it fries the brain in the process, but that doesn't seem like much of a problem for a terminally ill patient.

If I remember correctly, Medicuboid was designed based on Kayaba's enhanced Nervegear, meaning that they had to get their hands on it and research it. And they should know that he was killed by it, yet he still appeared alive later in the game (in ALO when Kirito was fighting Oberon ... I hope Kirito did report that, because it's fairly important ) ... so they should know about this possibility of brain scan, and I don't see a reason why they wouldn't investigate it further, as it can be used for medical purposes.

QQ, I wanted Yuuki to live, atleast in VRMMO, if nothing else. :(
Dec 5, 2014 10:52 AM

Aug 2014
MasaneX said:
Why didn't they try to use the brain scan on her to get her consciousness on the internet/ into the VRMMO, like Kayaba did it ? I know it fries the brain in the process, but that doesn't seem like much of a problem for a terminally ill patient.

If I remember correctly, Medicuboid was designed based on Kayaba's enhanced Nervegear, meaning that they had to get their hands on it and research it. And they should know that he was killed by it, yet he still appeared alive later in the game (in ALO when Kirito was fighting Oberon ... I hope Kirito did report that, because it's fairly important ) ... so they should know about this possibility of brain scan, and I don't see a reason why they wouldn't investigate it further, as it can be used for medical purposes.

Because it was Kayaba's private research, they did not have that technology themselves-I believe Rath may have had it and a military organization is hardly going to hand it over for civilian use, even in such a case-and even if they did have it there was only a small chance of success.
Also as far as most people knew, he had failed and died.
Dec 5, 2014 11:00 AM
Jan 2014
That sucks, but thanks for a worthy answer. When I asked elsewhere, people were ass-pulling too much. xD I know it was a 1 to 1000 chance of success, but worth the try eitherway. But yeah, your reasoning for why they didn't know about it seems trustworthy.

Too bad, gotta make Yuuki fanart to preserve her memory. :D
Dec 5, 2014 11:03 AM
Mar 2012
MasaneX said:

Two main issues: legal problems and the probability of succeeding. I'm sure no regular hospital would scan a young girl's brain and implement her in a virtual reality world as that would bring up ethical issues. If it's that easy, might as well scan the brains of everyone so that anyone can become immortal. And remember that Kayaba Akihiko only had a 1 in 1000 chance of the scan actually succeeding, and he appears only for a brief moment only to disappear in cyberspace.

Brain scanning I believe is not yet known to the public because that would definitely cause a social and ethical movement and the sick and elderly lining up to be healthy once more.

It's possible with a Soul Translator, but that is a high-tech military secret and I'm pretty sure they would not use it on a random girl. There are only 5 in existence, 4 which is on the overseas military base and the last in Roppongi in which Kazuto uses in the background prior to the Alicization arc. We already saw the ethical issues that would bring when Asuna witnesses a scientist talking with his soul-translated self, and the clone mentally breaking down when he realized he was a fake. And if you scan or clone yourself into the virtual reality, are you really you, or just an imitation of the original with the same characteristics?
-Karoshi-Dec 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Dec 5, 2014 11:15 AM
Jan 2014
Of course I wouldn't approve of using it just to ''make anyone immortal'', but it's a different case with terminally ill patient.
I don't see much of a problem when it concerns terminally ill patients, because they are going to die very soon. This, if it would've succeeded, would save atleast the consciousness of that person, even if only within the game.
Dec 5, 2014 11:24 AM
Mar 2012
But if you look at the bigger issue here, why stop at terminally ill patients? Why not then use it on political figures and influential people so that they would continue to exist even if their physical body doesn't? Imagine a dictator continuously ruling by living in the virtual reality. One of the reasons why brain scanning and soul translating technology is not known to the public. It's wishful thinking, but it'll bring more bad than good. Reason why they wipe Kazuto's memory after every experiment so that he won't be able to leak the secrets.
Dec 5, 2014 11:34 AM
Jan 2014
Well, I am stopping at terminally ill because I am taking into consideration the 1 to 1000 chance of success, which makes it useable only as a last resort.
But if they would be able to make it work everytime with 100% rate of success ... I don't know if I would really be against the use of it.
What would be such a big issue with ''dictator continuously ruling by living in the virtual reality'' ?
Dec 5, 2014 12:02 PM
Apr 2014
MasaneX said:
What would be such a big issue with ''dictator continuously ruling by living in the virtual reality'' ?

Eternal communism.

North Korea guy ruling forever would be hell of fun, literally.

Dec 5, 2014 12:07 PM
Jan 2014
Reyxe said:
MasaneX said:

Eternal communism.

Well there are other ways to end a regime than to assassinate the leader/ wait for him to die.
I don't really believe that mortality is saving us from those catastrophies.
Dec 5, 2014 12:59 PM
Apr 2014
MasaneX said:
Reyxe said:

Eternal communism.

Well there are other ways to end a regime than to assassinate the leader/ wait for him to die.

Uhh... have you lived in a dictatorship?

I'm not saying i have, but i'm from Venezuela and right now our economy is fucked, we can't protest cause the military and some armed people from the government won't hold back in taking hostages or killing us. In 4 months of riots, 40 students and protesters were killed with headshots by police or the other guys. Also, the insecurity here is retarded, according to statistic, 1 people is killed every 7 MINUTES here. We are trapped in a country (cause you can't leave either, lel) with horrible economy, with a huge insecurity problem and we can't even fight back.

So... you need to learn than Dictatorship regime doesn't end any other way than either the death of the dictator itself or a coup de etat.

Cuba with Castro ruling forever, Venezuela with Maduro and North Korea with the lil shit, i'm really glad immortality doesn't exist, don't get me wrong, of course it has a good side, but it's bigger the damage.

Dec 5, 2014 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
Reyxe said:
MasaneX said:

Eternal communism.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but North Korea's no great example of a communist nation.
Dec 5, 2014 1:21 PM
Apr 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
Reyxe said:

Eternal communism.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but North Korea's no great example of a communist nation.

I know, it was supposed to be two different answers, the "Eternal communism" as a joke (kinda) and the other one is the serious one.

Dec 5, 2014 1:23 PM
Mar 2012
I don't want to delve in too much of political philosophy in a SAO thread and derail it, but when a radical figure holds radical beliefs, they become the epitome of these beliefs. So when the dictators die, so do their ideals because the supposed embodiment failed to uphold them. With an unkillable ruler, their beliefs continue with them. Of course, when a figure dies, a successor or replacement can be made, but then the ideals are now subject to a mortal lifetime.
Dec 5, 2014 1:28 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
I don't want to delve in too much of political philosophy in a SAO thread and derail it, but when a radical figure holds radical beliefs, they become the epitome of these beliefs. So when the dictators die, so do their ideals because the supposed embodiment failed to uphold them. With an unkillable ruler, their beliefs continue with them. Of course, when a figure dies, a successor or replacement can be made, but then the ideals are now subject to a mortal lifetime.

And it's never the same with the sucessor, srsly. Chávez wasn't really good either but Maduro has ruined everything.

So, with the unkillable ruler (this sounds funny, there should be a movie about this) his ideals would last longer to die thanks to the sucessor, but it certainly depends if the guy is good enough, if not, people would get srsly mad and "revolution" would appear.

Dec 5, 2014 1:34 PM
Jan 2014
Reyxe said:
MasaneX said:

Uhh... have you lived in a dictatorship?

I'm not saying i have, but i'm from Venezuela and right now our economy is fucked, we can't protest cause the military and some armed people from the government won't hold back in taking hostages or killing us. In 4 months of riots, 40 students and protesters were killed with headshots by police or the other guys. Also, the insecurity here is retarded, according to statistic, 1 people is killed every 7 MINUTES here. We are trapped in a country (cause you can't leave either, lel) with horrible economy, with a huge insecurity problem and we can't even fight back.

So... you need to learn than Dictatorship regime doesn't end any other way than either the death of the dictator itself or a coup de etat.

Cuba with Castro ruling forever, Venezuela with Maduro and North Korea with the lil shit, i'm really glad immortality doesn't exist, don't get me wrong, of course it has a good side, but it's bigger the damage.

I do understand what you mean, but if the regime is holding on so strongly, will it crumble with the death of that 1 leader ? I am kinda back and forth about this ... Is it enough to get that leader assassinated to crush the regime ? Because that's basically the core of the problem of Mortality IRL vs Immortality in VRMMO.
Also I wonder if a human's consciousness which exists only in the game would have the same political authority as a human with real body.

This topic surely went an interesting way. xD
Dec 5, 2014 2:07 PM
Mar 2012
Alright, to tie this whole conversation back to SAO, we have
-Karoshi-Dec 5, 2014 2:55 PM
Dec 5, 2014 2:24 PM
Feb 2014
MasaneX said:

I do understand what you mean, but if the regime is holding on so strongly, will it crumble with the death of that 1 leader ? I am kinda back and forth about this ... Is it enough to get that leader assassinated to crush the regime ? Because that's basically the core of the problem of Mortality IRL vs Immortality in VRMMO.
Also I wonder if a human's consciousness which exists only in the game would have the same political authority as a human with real body.

This topic surely went an interesting way. xD

Ok in danger that we go completely away from the topic of the thread, it depends actually.

If you have a dictatorship like LastChapter or Reyxe mentioned, where we have 1 figurehead who is seen as "god" then yes the death of this guy ends the dictatorship on spot.

The basis for a dictatorship is always some sort of ideology, you need sth OR sb who the people of your country can believe in. (the only exception to this rule are military based dictatorships and those mostly end in massacre and revolution)

Then some people "implant" (in terms of Mass Effect "indoctrinate") this ideal into the minds of the people. (interestingly religion started the same way ;-))

Afterwards you need sth to "personalise" this ideal and this is where we get to the main point.

If this "sth" is a person then the "cult" dies with its leader unless we have a proper successor who is recognized by the people of your country (mostly sons)

The other way would be a more abstract "personalisation" e. g. ideals which are important for the people of your country themselves and which they readily accept without questions.

In the second way the dictatorship can live on without having a "godsend" (or whatever the ideal is based on) leader, as long as the people of the country don't change their reasoning at whole.
Dec 5, 2014 5:45 PM
Mar 2012
Went ahead and added info to Gabriel Miller's character page. Spoiler warning, but you can definitely tell how much of a psychopath he is.
Dec 5, 2014 5:53 PM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:
Went ahead and added info to Gabriel Miller's character page. Spoiler warning, but you can definitely tell how much of a psychopath he is.

Gabriel best villain ever xD Such a shame his final fight wasnt that good
Dec 5, 2014 6:01 PM
Mar 2012
Jarkzy said:
LastChapter said:

People are complaining about the crappy villains in the series, but that's because they don't know the true influence of Kayaba Akihiko. Sugou and Kyouji I have to agree were really crappy, but wait until we get to Quinella and Vector XD
Dec 5, 2014 7:34 PM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:
Jarkzy said:

People are complaining about the crappy villains in the series, but that's because they don't know the true influence of Kayaba Akihiko. Sugou and Kyouji I have to agree were really crappy, but wait until we get to Quinella and Vector XD

I hope they dont get tonned down and they are like in the WN since they LN seems to be a little bit softer
Dec 5, 2014 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
Jarkzy said:
LastChapter said:

I hope they dont get tonned down and they are like in the WN since they LN seems to be a little bit softer
Well, I don't think A-1 will look for a WN adaptation since web novels are outdated.
Dec 5, 2014 8:49 PM
Mar 2012
I actually have a question that needs clarifying pertaining to the END OF THE ALICIZATION ARC. *blinding lights*

The summaries didn't go in too much detail, but

salmon3669 said:
Jarkzy said:

Well, I don't think A-1 will look for a WN adaptation since web novels are outdated.

Not only outdated, but too graphic. One of the saving graces from the web novel to light novel conversion was that Reki took out all the rape scenes.
TyrelDec 6, 2014 1:27 PM
Dec 6, 2014 2:19 AM

Aug 2014
LastChapter said:
I actually have a question that needs clarifying pertaining to the END OF THE ALICIZATION ARC. *blinding lights*

The summaries didn't go in too much detail, but

[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.