Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2014 4:12 PM

Oct 2014
So, after we had the two Danganronpa games for PSP/PSP Vita and the anime based on the first game, we have Danganronpa - Another Episode, which seems to be a game that somehow answers what was going on outside the School of Despair, involving familiars of the 1st game characters and it seems that Hinata from the 2nd game is also there. I won't have the opportunity to play this game so soon, since I don't have a PSP Vita, but I already played the 1st Danganronpa game and watched it's anime. It seems that this game has changed the whole original concept of the investigation and court "Phoenix Wright" and brought an action-horror packed game this time. What do you think? Have you tried the game? Have you seen some videos? Do you want to play it? What are your expectations? :D
Nov 2, 2014 5:19 PM
Dec 2013
i've only watched the intro and the first chapter play-through, but I think it looks fun. Even though it's not the typical dangan ronpa gameplay I think it's a nice edition to the series, interesting to have a bit of a switch-up with some 3rd person action.
It still seems to carry the whole zany despair inducing dark humour and craziness of the other games but in different ways. If it was translated and released in English I would play it.
Nov 3, 2014 4:01 AM

Oct 2014
I think it would be more awesome if they kept the blood with the red color, could end up being creepier :P
Nov 3, 2014 5:05 AM

Mar 2012
The reason why they decided to make the blood pink was because they didn't want to get an adult rating. Some of those death scenes would look pretty gruesome with red blood. Plus the game has a lot of black comedy so it fits in perfectly.

I'd say Danganronpa is more than enough reason to get a PSVita. Last I checked the second game's fan translation didn't got very far so the official translation's the only way to go. And the only way to play it with the official translation is to get a Vita.

Oh, and get Persona 4 Golden while you're at it.
Nov 3, 2014 5:50 AM
May 2009
The Game first one was great.
Was going to get the second in Japan, but might aswell get it with the English menu. Even though the Speech is different then the words.

Persona 4 is worth it aswell.
Nov 3, 2014 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
SeibaaPriest said:
The reason why they decided to make the blood pink was because they didn't want to get an adult rating. Some of those death scenes would look pretty gruesome with red blood. Plus the game has a lot of black comedy so it fits in perfectly.

I'd say Danganronpa is more than enough reason to get a PSVita. Last I checked the second game's fan translation didn't got very far so the official translation's the only way to go. And the only way to play it with the official translation is to get a Vita.

Yeah buying a 250 dollar toy for one game is a good idea.

Better yet, dont buy one, and instead just imply you are rich enough to buy one on MAL with nothing to back it up.
Nov 3, 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 2014
SeibaaPriest said:

Well, if you have money to afford, I guess it's ok. I can't do it, but if I could, I certainly would. Of course, then I would get more games. But yeah, it's understandable why they put pink blood, it was a bit disappointing at first, but understandable why, and even though Danganronpa has a "dark" concept, they managed to do something funny and enjoyable.

About the story, I haven't read much about it yet, but I would love to see Naegi and his sister meet each other. When they announced this game, they also announced Danganronpa 3, can't wait to see the new characters... :P
Nov 3, 2014 1:50 PM

Nov 2013
Was wondering, is it worth it to buy Danganronpa (the first game) if I already watched the anime? It looks pretty similar (I mean, we can feel the gameplay through the anime, and I am pretty sure the storyline is exactly the same). Might grab the second one in any case, kinda want to know what comes next.
Nov 3, 2014 3:31 PM

Oct 2014
ar4can7he said:
Was wondering, is it worth it to buy Danganronpa (the first game) if I already watched the anime? It looks pretty similar (I mean, we can feel the gameplay through the anime, and I am pretty sure the storyline is exactly the same). Might grab the second one in any case, kinda want to know what comes next.

That happenned to me too, know that I watched the anime, I'm less motivated to play the first game becuase I already know the whole story, still, it is good enough as a game and have fun, it's somehow "more complete" because you can get to know better the characters, like Leon, who died really early, for example. I've accidentaly watched the deaths of the 2nd Danganronpa even though I don't really know the "how" and "why's", so it still would be interesting.
Nov 3, 2014 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
ar4can7he said:
If you have a choice between buying the first game or the second, I would just go for the second. The first game is great, but knowing the whole story beforehand kind of ruins it since the game is largely story based.

Anyways, if Another Episode gets brought over to the US (I really hope it will) it would be an instant buy for me, since I'm a big fan of the series.
Nov 3, 2014 6:47 PM

Mar 2012
SolvitePriest said:
Yeah buying a 250 dollar toy for one game is a good idea.
I mentioned 4 games already

1. Danganronpa
2. Danganronpa 2
3. Danganronpa - Another Episode
4. Persona 4 Golden

Learn to addition.

On top of the fact that I haven't even gone into any detail about the rest of the games OP may or may not want to buy. And even if it were the only games Danganronpa 1 is 25+ hours, Danganronpa 2 is 30+ hours and Persona 4 is about 50+ hours. Not to mention they've all got a lot of replay value.

Better yet, dont buy one, and instead just imply you are rich enough to buy one on MAL with nothing to back it up.
'man look at me i'm so cynical and cool'

I got it for $200. That's cheaper than any other brand new console on the market. I'm not assuming he can afford one. I never said that so stop putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying it's a good investment if you have the money

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

4 by DreamWindow »»
3 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
8 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.