Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 3, 2014 2:31 AM

Jun 2011
It's obvious that something related to Tsukiyama's current condition will be revealed in this arc.
I noticed something on the very first page and the very first chapter of TG:RE.

It's the same fucking church where Nishiki,Kaneki,Touka and Tsukiyama fought in Grourmet arc. So I believe this is what will happen:

a)Tsukiyama is Torso, he went crazy
b)Tsukiyama gets mistaken for Torso by Nishiki/Serpent and then gets killed by him
c)Torso is somebody else.

Don't forget that Aogiri is the bad guys and for that reason I do not trust Chie Hor tooi much.

There's still hope that Hide is alive. Remember that Kaneki didn't eat Yamori completely and Rize was just a delusion. He doesn't need to eat people completely in order to get their habbits.
CharlesMarlowNov 3, 2014 10:57 AM
Nov 3, 2014 2:57 AM

Apr 2014
Perhaps the V organization has to do something with this too. I don't know why but that girl in that dress reminds me of ukina and the first time she was mentioned, we also found out that there was an even larger organization working behind the scenes. Just a wild guess but maybe Torso is an aogiri spy working with V. And the USB might have some Intel about them.
Nov 3, 2014 3:05 AM

Dec 2013
Z4k said:
Perhaps the V organization has to do something with this too. I don't know why but that girl in that dress reminds me of ukina and the first time she was mentioned, we also found out that there was an even larger organization working behind the scenes. Just a wild guess but maybe Torso is an aogiri spy working with V. And the USB might have some Intel about them.

Maybe he's receiving data containing pictures, schedule and details aboutthe upcoming surgeries so he can meet women that suit his pervertion.
Nov 3, 2014 3:14 AM

Apr 2014
LameReader said:
Z4k said:

Maybe he's receiving data containing pictures, schedule and details aboutthe upcoming surgeries so he can meet women that suit his pervertion.

No it was Torso giving the unknown data in the USB to Hinami. The other stuff he does is probably his fetish or something. If he attacks only those he researches on then he wouldn't have randomly attacked Mutsuki.
Z4KNov 3, 2014 3:17 AM
Nov 3, 2014 7:01 AM

Sep 2013
So...there's this whole debate about Mitsuki being a male going on on Batoto :O she doesn't have much breasts does she and those scars :O

batotopeople said:
In chapter 2, Sasaki said "he" (kare) in Japanese when he referred to Mutsuki.

Is werid because they refer in chapter two about Mutsuki as "he". But we can see Mutsuki clearly looks like a female. Translator mistake? Doctor's mistake?? Who knows. I hope It doesn't become some sort of gag inside the manga...

Well she look(-ed) pretty androgynous, and she might be the type to refer to herself as "boku" so it' pretty easy to mess up... also they might've referred to her person with a gender neutral word like "koitsu", "anta", "anata", "omae" etc.

Her scars might have something to due with her hiding her gender.

Satan-sama said:
ichii_1 said:

Fixed :)

Mitsuki is hot/cute so I like her ;)

I've had enough of that guy, someone off him quick and get back to my n!gga Amon already :(

Is she ?

ichii_1Nov 3, 2014 7:05 AM
Nov 3, 2014 7:10 AM

Oct 2014
Is Torso a zebra or a tiger???
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 3, 2014 11:06 AM
Oct 2012
"There's still hope that Hide is alive. Remember that Kaneki didn't eat Yamori completely and Rize was just a delusion. He doesn't need to eat people completely in order to get their habbits."

Kaneki not gain these habits by eating people (ghouls), he was snapping his finger before eating Yamori, but in the manga it was quite sutill, and the habit of touching the chin he took his mother's, and I doubt he has eaten some part of her, not to mention that it was said that the Kaneki practiced cannibalism for six months, if a ghoul needs to eat a corpse for months, he must have eaten a 6 ghouls, and he did not gain habits that we did not know, I do not really know how to explain it in a psychological way, but I think this trend has a name or maybe it's because he's an actor like Hide said,
Nov 3, 2014 11:14 AM

Apr 2014
Hide is not dead otherwise he would've been listed in the CCG deathlist report like Amon and Seidou.
Nov 3, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 2013
I pretty much figured that Mitsuki was a girl... But her bra(?) looks super flat and weird, so I'm assuming its bandages?

Also, she became my favorite character when she got in that cab- despite being horrified. It shows that she may be weak, but is most definitely not a coward. Kinda reminds me of Kaneki during the good 'ol days...

Mossface12Nov 3, 2014 12:13 PM
Just an average weeb
Nov 3, 2014 5:47 PM

Sep 2013
Mossface12 said:
I pretty much figured that Mitsuki was a girl... But her bra(?) looks super flat and weird, so I'm assuming its bandages?

Or a man or a transgender ( scars are a sign of her/his complication after taking the ghoul procedure ) :O

People call her male/neutral gender words (kare=he)
And Torso said "you're a woman AFTER ALL" meaning he thought she was a man maybe by smell, who knows :(
Nov 3, 2014 5:55 PM

Oct 2013
-_- It was so obvious Mitsuki is a girl. This reminds of when people thought Ymir was a boy.
Nov 3, 2014 5:58 PM

Sep 2013
^ It's not confirmed Mitsuki's a woman yet :(
Nov 3, 2014 6:35 PM

Dec 2013
Z4k said:
LameReader said:

No it was Torso giving the unknown data in the USB to Hinami. The other stuff he does is probably his fetish or something. If he attacks only those he researches on then he wouldn't have randomly attacked Mutsuki.

Since that is after he was warned by Hinami, its easy to Identify CCG wearing those cloths, also her/his smell is of a hybrid probably, like it was described by Hinami.
Nov 3, 2014 7:25 PM

Feb 2012
Relieved that Mtsuki is a girl; my trap alarms were going off and it was pretty annoying. Also i cant believe people still think Torso is Tsukiyama; he most likely some random fodder ghoul.
Nov 3, 2014 8:19 PM
Oct 2012
especially when it is revealed in this chapter that the CCG has the secretions from Torso'kagune
Nov 4, 2014 1:59 AM

Oct 2014
IceBurn said:
Relieved that Mtsuki is a girl; my trap alarms were going off and it was pretty annoying. Also i cant believe people still think Torso is Tsukiyama; he most likely some random fodder ghoul.

But he had tiger spots around him, it could be very well a symbolism that he is strong no?
Not saying he is tsukiyama, I don't think so, but he has connections with aogiri plus what Akira said about Sasaki, and serpent looking for him, I do not think he is fodder precisely.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 4, 2014 2:17 AM

Apr 2014
LameReader said:
Z4k said:

Since that is after he was warned by Hinami, its easy to Identify CCG wearing those cloths, also her/his smell is of a hybrid probably, like it was described by Hinami.

True but not every ghoul has sharp senses like Hinami.
Nov 4, 2014 5:18 AM

Nov 2013
keragamming said:
-_- It was so obvious Mitsuki is a girl. This reminds of when people thought Ymir was a boy.

How was it obvious? And I hope it's not a female.
This doesn't look like a female to me:

Nov 4, 2014 5:23 AM

Oct 2014
HandsomeMan said:
keragamming said:

How was it obvious? And I hope it's not a female.
This doesn't look like a female to me:

Check the shadows under her boobs, if he is not a woman then is a man with boobs lol

Nov 4, 2014 7:27 AM

Sep 2013
KEY WORDS - HE AND HIM, or do you think the translators would mess it up every single time?
Get real, her/his gender is unknown..
Nov 4, 2014 9:07 AM
Aug 2014
Its a bit obvious now that Mutsuki has gender issues .It could be just that Mutsuki's friends are aware that she is pretending to be a guy so they help her by referring to her as a male so her gender doesn't get leaked? Why else would Mutsuki have boobs and a bra?
Nov 4, 2014 9:15 AM

Aug 2009
Sometimes translators are really messing up things like character's gender. The best example is Zazie from Tegami Bachi. Until chapter 20 translators refers to him as "she".
Nov 4, 2014 9:20 AM

Sep 2013
Sly_Blue said:
Sometimes translators are really messing up things like character's gender. The best example is Zazie from Tegami Bachi. Until chapter 20 translators refers to him as "she".

Comparing Tokyo Ghoul translators to Tegami Bachi translators is ... XD top lel
彼 Kare = he, doesn't get more straight forward than that.
Nov 4, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:
Sly_Blue said:

Comparing Tokyo Ghoul translators to Tegami Bachi translators is ... XD top lel
彼 Kare = he, doesn't get more straight forward than that.

Lol the recent scans had made many mistakes.

Here's some of their mistakes

Zeiva said:
Whelp, the amount of mistranslation is giving people lots of wrong ground to speculate ^^; I read the Japanese raw, so let me help to clear up a few common mistranslation.

1) In chapter 2, Mutsuki DID NOT say Bon Appetite. He said "itadakimasu" which means "thanks for the meal". The reason why Haise was staring at Mutsuki eating can be interpreted in 2 ways. One is he can't eat, thus wonder how it tastes like. The other is, he thought he screwed up his cooking, that's why he immediately apologized, only to be relieved when Mutsuki said it's good later on.

2) Shimoguchi never refer to Sasaki as a ghoul. The correct translation to that particular sentence is "towards ghoul, you..." Basically he implies that Sasaki sympathize with ghouls.

3) In chapter 3, that particular panel is a huge mistranlation. Basically, Urie said to Chie "Kuenai onna", which translates to "This woman doesn't take the bait". It has nothing to do with Urie and Shirazu unable to eat.
Z4KNov 4, 2014 11:42 AM
Nov 4, 2014 2:00 PM
Oct 2012
when the twisted hel scans launch Tokyo Ghoul: re, I'll reread again with great pleasure.
Nov 4, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
Acernos said:
when the twisted hel scans launch Tokyo Ghoul: re, I'll reread again with great pleasure.

Ehm... some of the translations they do are worse than the anon guys who did it before... they are close to kawa level.
Nov 4, 2014 3:20 PM

Dec 2013
Maybe those boobs are fake to bait Torso!

T in each eye< TORSO TSUKIYAMA!
Nov 4, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2014
LameReader said:

I highly doubt that since Chie wouldn't sell out Tsukiyama to the ghoul investigators by giving out information about his hunting spots if he was Torso.
Nov 4, 2014 4:26 PM
Oct 2012
Arcanix said:
Acernos said:

Ehm... some of the translations they do are worse than the anon guys who did it before... they are close to kawa level.

I disagree, and I've reread Tokyo Ghoul comparing three different translations, once I got to take 30 minutes in a chapter, THS is not perfect, but overall I think it's the best, not to mention they use the chapters that comes direct from volumes that have better editing.
AcernosNov 4, 2014 4:34 PM
Nov 4, 2014 4:44 PM

Dec 2013
Z4k said:
LameReader said:

I highly doubt that since Chie wouldn't sell out Tsukiyama to the ghoul investigators by giving out information about his hunting spots if he was Torso.

Firstly, they were already investigating taxis by then, secondly, maybe thats what he wants, to meet the quinques in person, specially Haise.
Nov 4, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2013
Guys, where can I find the novels? Translated ones.
Nov 4, 2014 5:29 PM
Aug 2014
LameReader said:

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/tokyo_ghoul_re/
Nov 4, 2014 5:30 PM
Oct 2012
LameReader said:

http://yuuchanneru.tumblr.com/post/101037923149/tokyo-ghoul-novel-days-chapter-3-4-5
Nov 4, 2014 6:35 PM

Dec 2013
This is just a wild guess, but I kinda get the feeling that Torso is Seidou Takizawa. We saw him being teared apart by Noro, like only his left arm, but we didn't see him actually die, right?? Torso can't be Tsukiyama coz if he was, CCG would have data concerning his kaguna. Also, Tsukiyama wasn't really the type to attack everyone. He had sense of taste, and shit.
So far, for me it can either be Seidou or some new character we don't know about.
Nov 4, 2014 9:37 PM

Jul 2013
Chaos_Reaper said:
This is just a wild guess, but I kinda get the feeling that Torso is Seidou Takizawa. We saw him being teared apart by Noro, like only his left arm, but we didn't see him actually die, right?? Torso can't be Tsukiyama coz if he was, CCG would have data concerning his kaguna. Also, Tsukiyama wasn't really the type to attack everyone. He had sense of taste, and shit.
So far, for me it can either be Seidou or some new character we don't know about.

The part about Seidou not being dead could be a possibility but him being Torso? That just seems too random.
I mean I really don't think he is Tsukiyama either, new character seems more likely tbh
Nov 4, 2014 10:10 PM

Oct 2014
Mitsuki being a boy isn't really a shocker. i thought the character was a girl thus far regardless the "him", "he" references. Ion think she'll die. urie and sharkboy just narrowed down the search even more with chie, plus they were showed with their quinques so they'll probably engage the torso. if not, we're still on the crust of these characters. maybe sasaki confirms his theory about the scars attracting the ghoul by using mitsuki as bait to lure the torso out and finally decides to interject. i don't think mitsuki fooled sasaki either with that padded sports bra... poor hinami contemplating the state of kaneki.... just as though she were a reader of the series
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Nov 4, 2014 10:19 PM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
LameReader said:

http://yuuchanneru.tumblr.com/post/101037923149/tokyo-ghoul-novel-days-chapter-3-4-5

yuu has been doing them to the best of her ability but is in school and what not. i've found people who do summaries but not any full translations. i feel like a bulk of clues are in these novels, at least as to stature of characters who may pop up later in ":re".
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Nov 5, 2014 6:18 AM

Apr 2014
LameReader said:
Z4k said:

Firstly, they were already investigating taxis by then, secondly, maybe thats what he wants, to meet the quinques in person, specially Haise.

Torso didn't know anything about the quinckes until Hinami shared some of the information about them so it doesn't make sense if he wanted to meet them.

Not to mention Hinami and Tsukiyama were already acquainted with each other yet in the chapter you can see the interaction between Torso and her was way formal. In addition to that I doubt Tsukiyama would ever work as a Taxi driver for over 5 years if he really is Torso since its totally out of his character.
Z4KNov 5, 2014 6:24 AM
Nov 5, 2014 7:08 AM

Dec 2013
MuggleBorn said:
Chaos_Reaper said:

The part about Seidou not being dead could be a possibility but him being Torso? That just seems too random.
I mean I really don't think he is Tsukiyama either, new character seems more likely tbh

it is random, but I think it's possible, Also, hair style sort of look like him. Funny thing is hinami also calls him torso lol. Usually, ghouls don't call each other by their code names,right?? that's like a hint that he might be a known character.

As for serpent, it's probably nishiki. Kimi had a scar on her shoulder.According, to our haise-kun here, torso attack girls with scar. Maybe kimi was attacked or maybe even dead. So serpent is looking for revenge. That also clears out one more thing. Tsukiyama didn't like scars. When he looked at kimi's scar, he was like "what is this ugly scar??" he wasn't going on "fantastica" or something which he usually says. so stop dragging poor Tsukiyama in everything.
Nov 5, 2014 7:42 AM

Oct 2014
Chaos_Reaper said:

it is random, but I think it's possible, Also, hair style sort of look like him. Funny thing is hinami also calls him torso lol. Usually, ghouls don't call each other by their code names,right?? that's like a hint that he might be a known character.

As for serpent, it's probably nishiki. Kimi had a scar on her shoulder.According, to our haise-kun here, torso attack girls with scar. Maybe kimi was attacked or maybe even dead. So serpent is looking for revenge. That also clears out one more thing. Tsukiyama didn't like scars. When he looked at kimi's scar, he was like "what is this ugly scar??" he wasn't going on "fantastica" or something which he usually says. so stop dragging poor Tsukiyama in everything.

THIS i believe is ishida's plan!! To influence us to be detectives ourselves!!! These deductions are awesome! great observations on past chapters!!

I do believe that there is a correlation between the torso, nishiki, and kimi based off of your theory. his build is similar to both the serpent (height) and torso (frame) as well. the serpent is a bikaku which nishiki is as well.

i personally believe that the serpent is amon but this would be an awesome twist. i hardly doubt that tsukiyama is sitting in a car speaking with dullards and preying on less than exquisite meals also no matter how much he misses kaneki he'd have to keep his body in shape if he were waiting on the chance they'd reunite so he could eat him. BUT tsyukiama did used to hang around hospitals in highschool so there may be a connection.....hmmmmmmmm

i think horie chie is helping with the investigation for sasaki's belongings for tsukiyama.
Nov 5, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2014
The day in which it's revealed that Torso is not Tsukiyama will be a happy day. Maybe it'll even be this Sunday.

Chaos_Reaper said:
so stop dragging poor Tsukiyama in everything.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 5, 2014 11:15 AM

Sep 2013
Man, this manga has made everyone into Nostradamus XD

But don't worry when it's revealed Torso is Tsukiyma and Mitsuki is not what she/he seems , all these fake Nostradamus's will be put to rest :) and only the elite prophets will be left
Nov 5, 2014 1:07 PM

Dec 2013
anikaneki said:
Chaos_Reaper said:

THIS i believe is ishida's plan!! To influence us to be detectives ourselves!!! These deductions are awesome! great observations on past chapters!!

I do believe that there is a correlation between the torso, nishiki, and kimi based off of your theory. his build is similar to both the serpent (height) and torso (frame) as well. the serpent is a bikaku which nishiki is as well.

i personally believe that the serpent is amon but this would be an awesome twist. i hardly doubt that tsukiyama is sitting in a car speaking with dullards and preying on less than exquisite meals also no matter how much he misses kaneki he'd have to keep his body in shape if he were waiting on the chance they'd reunite so he could eat him. BUT tsyukiama did used to hang around hospitals in highschool so there may be a connection.....hmmmmmmmm

i think horie chie is helping with the investigation for sasaki's belongings for tsukiyama.

Lol thank you, but in the end, we are talking about Ishida-sensei here. God knows what he might do. And Amon as serpent is not possible. Eto was really interested in Amon. Don't think she will cut him loose so easily.

Also, everyone is thinking that haise/kaneki probably come to save mitsuki. Who knows serpent will be the one showing up or most likely, mitsuki will try to take care of him with her kagune which maybe is bikaku. She won't be able to fight him, and then hopefully haise will jump out of no where click his fingers like kaneki which will be the end of the chapter, and we all will be like " HE IS KANEKI!!!!! and wait for chapter 6 to confirm -.-
Nov 5, 2014 4:00 PM

Oct 2014
Chaos_Reaper said:
anikaneki said:

Lol thank you, but in the end, we are talking about Ishida-sensei here. God knows what he might do. And Amon as serpent is not possible. Eto was really interested in Amon. Don't think she will cut him loose so easily.

Also, everyone is thinking that haise/kaneki probably come to save mitsuki. Who knows serpent will be the one showing up or most likely, mitsuki will try to take care of him with her kagune which maybe is bikaku. She won't be able to fight him, and then hopefully haise will jump out of no where click his fingers like kaneki which will be the end of the chapter, and we all will be like " HE IS KANEKI!!!!! and wait for chapter 6 to confirm -.-

why not go for the gold? urie and sharkboy show up just as haise begins to fight or maybe before he shows up but ultimately the chapter shows haise fighting and the savagery beneath his easygoing exterior, the torso turns out to be nishiki, and haise kills him as he tries to get sasaki(kaneki) to remember him. the fear of a friend is being forgotten. fear of the torso....boom
Nov 5, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2013
Chaos_Reaper said:
MuggleBorn said:

Yeah Serpent could be either one of two Nishki OR Amon. I mean we don't really know if Kimi is dead for now so it COULD be either one of them...I personally hope it's Amon cause I want him back in the light damnit
Nov 6, 2014 4:55 AM

Oct 2014
http://teachingandlearningcreativity.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/an-analytical-analysis-of-ghoul-the-season-finale-of-tokyo-ghoul/

A very complete analysis that I found of Tokyo Ghoul and its aspects psychoanalytic that are a plenty

Nov 6, 2014 9:26 AM
Oct 2012
Kaneki is a very mentally disturbed, even before becoming a ghoul he has assimilated features of other characters, such as touching the chin that he inherited from his mother.

ps: ps: I reread the scene where Hinami uses her kagune for the first time, and it really is a ridiculously powerful kagune.
Nov 6, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2014
^ Actually, i'm kind of surprised how mentally stable Kaneki turned out to be, despite growing up without a father, and his mother overworking herself to death when he was little. Of course, Hide was a deciding factor, but at the beginning of TG he really was just a normal guy in his late teens, maybe a bit withdrawn and shy, but that's relatively normal. One inherited gesture means nothing.

It was Rize and the events that followed that eff'd him up.
MaledictNov 6, 2014 4:39 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 6, 2014 5:01 PM

Dec 2013
Acernos said:
Kaneki is a very mentally disturbed, even before becoming a ghoul he has assimilated features of other characters, such as touching the chin that he inherited from his mother.

ps: ps: I reread the scene where Hinami uses her kagune for the first time, and it really is a ridiculously powerful kagune.

Yeap its an OP kagune as i said, above average.

if she develops Hmm.
Nov 6, 2014 5:50 PM
Oct 2012
the fight against Mado, it seemed that had own will, so scary.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.