Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2009 7:08 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

^ my thoughts about the entire show
May 6, 2010 7:40 PM

May 2009
brinan said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

^ my thoughts about the entire show

qft

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
May 6, 2010 7:48 PM

Dec 2007
One thing this anime teaches is like 12 different ways to say "brother".
Jul 15, 2011 5:55 PM

Sep 2007
13 ways....

anyway, I haven't really catched the last episode...

ok, Bakaru come back to the isle...
but, who the hell is the girl ("i'm in everyone"?!?) ? what's up with the diary? Why, for Pete's sake, Bakaru lived 16 years of his life without knowing he got a battallion of imouto?
And, just for fun, how many billion got the Bakaru parents?
Ryoga84Jul 15, 2011 6:28 PM
Oct 2, 2011 6:04 AM
Dec 2010
Ryoga84 said:
13 ways....

anyway, I haven't really catched the last episode...

ok, Bakaru come back to the isle...
but, who the hell is the girl ("i'm in everyone"?!?) ? what's up with the diary? Why, for Pete's sake, Bakaru lived 16 years of his life without knowing he got a battallion of imouto?
And, just for fun, how many billion got the Bakaru parents?

Hi-mi-tsu da-su :P
Jii-san said hes gonna take it to his grave didn't he ?
Sonna bakana ?!!?!
greenmartyOct 2, 2011 6:11 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 19, 2012 3:49 PM

Aug 2008
this was ok show, soo many sisters realy they shouldnt let him go to tokyo imo i skipped whole that drama episode
Apr 4, 2013 1:24 PM
Nov 2012
This show was sadly enough boring. I had to put in alot of effort to keep going up to epi nr 26. There were some good episodes but most were just boring fillers.
They all love their brother for no reason, he ain't that great at all.
He suddenly has 12 sisters yet he seemed to forget all about it and when he comes to the island he just accepts the fact that he has 12 (13) sisters without question.
At least 4 of his "sisters" seem to look at him in a romantic way that makes me wonder if they really are sisters. Not to mention the estimated ages they have, id say other then the 2 little ones, the rest of them are all in the 15-17 age or at least act that age.
I guess the end with Jii-san would mean they are not all real sisters (as also hinted in 1 of the first episodes by sakuya. When she said if they found out they are not realy related that she can be with him as more then just his sister)
I'll watch the sequel probably in the hope to find out more. maybe i'll google a bit for it.
Jun 18, 2013 1:42 PM
Apr 2013
Oh, I see. Yeah, I knew something was wrong when he looked like he would really leave the sisters. Of course he's better than that. ^_^
Oct 4, 2013 10:16 PM

Nov 2011
Terrible anime. There was barely any development with any of the characters. I can't take most of the sisters easily at all except that girl with the violet hair. *sigh* 2/10
Jun 15, 2014 6:21 AM
Mar 2013
The ending felt a little bit lackluster compared to the rest of the series. And I;m not sure I understand that bit about the little girl he made a promise with. I thought that was Karen for sure in the last episode. Maybe that'll be covered second season.

Family problems are never a pretty sight. I'm glad that Mami and Akio patched things up with each other. It was weird for Akio to join the promised island though. Why would he give up the "path to the elite" for the sake of Wataru? Maybe there is some kind of yaoi here that I'm missing.

In any case, let's move on to season 2!
Feb 7, 2015 4:50 PM

Feb 2015
I kind of like going back to older anime to watch occasionally because they still tell good stories (for the most part) without trying to over-complicate things. A lot of more recent anime try to come up with some outlandish and massive back-story for a 13 episode season leaving you with no clue as to what really happened in a sense.

As for this series, for the most part I liked it, but another common trope of the anime industry still presented itself, i.e. a lackluster MC. The first half of the series I couldn't really stand him because he was, for lack of better words, kind of pathetic. He started to grow up a bit over time, but then one person's worth of peer pressure and he was back to his old self (until a ton of things piled together to snap him out of it). I'm not really sure why the anime industry tries to pick such unlikable MCs, unless it is to make the viewer feel as if he/she is a better person, and/or showing that if someone of that condition/type can find happiness, then the viewer can too?

emeraldrosary said:
It was weird for Akio to join the promised island though. Why would he give up the "path to the elite" for the sake of Wataru? Maybe there is some kind of yaoi here that I'm missing.

I think Akio joining was sort of another message saying that even the most stubborn of individuals still has the possibility to change in a sense. Akio joined the island because he thought that he and Wataru were one and the same, and he even mentions that before the island Mami-chan was the same as himself. Since he saw the two closest people to him change so drastically to even give up what was supposedly 'their dream' was a shock to him, enough so that he wanted to see what the deal was, or why/how the island changed them so much. You can only learn by doing in that sense, which is why he joined.

Overall it was a good show for the times you just want something simple and to kind of make you smile. You can always pick an episode of one of your favorite imouto's and re-watch it for a heartstring pull and a smile.
Feb 10, 2015 2:41 PM
Mar 2013
FrothyB said:

I think Akio joining was sort of another message saying that even the most stubborn of individuals still has the possibility to change in a sense. Akio joined the island because he thought that he and Wataru were one and the same, and he even mentions that before the island Mami-chan was the same as himself. Since he saw the two closest people to him change so drastically to even give up what was supposedly 'their dream' was a shock to him, enough so that he wanted to see what the deal was, or why/how the island changed them so much. You can only learn by doing in that sense, which is why he joined.
You make a good point, it's true that might have been the main reason Akio decided to join. But still, I think we're giving the show a bit too much credit in that regard.

Overall it was a good show for the times you just want something simple and to kind of make you smile. You can always pick an episode of one of your favorite imouto's and re-watch it for a heartstring pull and a smile.
It's good that you liked the anime but I thought it was rather bland for the most part. This is the kind of anime that you really only watch once in my opinion. Atleast I never plan on re-watching this show again. Again, not that I completely hate it but just not good enough for me to enjoy again.

Also, congrats on your first post!
Feb 15, 2015 1:46 PM

Feb 2015
emeraldrosary said:
It's good that you liked the anime but I thought it was rather bland for the most part. This is the kind of anime that you really only watch once in my opinion. Atleast I never plan on re-watching this show again. Again, not that I completely hate it but just not good enough for me to enjoy again.

Ah, I meant more of just re-watching a single episode every once in a while or something. Like if you really liked one of the imouto you could go back and watch the episode that was her 'arc' or whatnot.

I really liked Aria, Haruka, Chikage, and Rinrin myself, so maybe every once in a while I might re-watch one of those episodes. It was overall very calm and sort of bland for a 26 ep season, so you would really have to be in the mood to re-watch the whole thing (although the MC would probably make you quit a few eps in lol).
Dec 9, 2015 6:27 AM

Aug 2013
That something, for my sense and capturing my eyes from i recently watch. its very funny and every mc say sona bakana. always get me laugh. ahahahaja What the fuckin Mc.
13 different say brother, itsl so coolz.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2019 4:18 PM

May 2017
First episode i was like "that's daos line !" Found myself indignated -_-"
Enjoyed this show, great one when you want to watch something without lot of fight or funny things or big story, there are time when you just want to watch something without having to log your brain or laugh like an idio* , so far in 700+ anime , only watched 2 anime like that, this one and da capo
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 25, 2019 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
I surprisingly enjoyed this anime series. Not very often do you get a series like this with 12 lovely sisters with a charm of their own. A very enjoyable slice of life.
Jan 15, 2020 7:38 AM

Nov 2016
The drama towards the end wasn't really necessary, but aside from that a very relaxing series and with so many sisters there was really no chance to get bored.

I will definitely watch the sequel.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2022 11:51 PM
Apr 2020
Where can i watch this anime that doesn't have video and audio sync problem?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sister Princess Episode 15 Discussion

ACatgirl95 - Jun 1, 2013

4 by TachibanaRinne »»
Aug 23, 2021 2:15 PM

Poll: » Sister Princess Episode 3 Discussion

ACatgirl95 - May 17, 2013

3 by koley »»
May 14, 2021 12:21 AM

Poll: » Sister Princess Episode 20 Discussion

ACatgirl95 - Jun 6, 2013

2 by FMmatron »»
Jan 14, 2020 10:56 AM

Poll: » Sister Princess Episode 16 Discussion

greenmarty - Sep 29, 2011

3 by FMmatron »»
Jan 13, 2020 11:09 AM

Poll: » Sister Princess Episode 10 Discussion

ACatgirl95 - May 24, 2013

4 by FMmatron »»
Jan 11, 2020 1:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.