Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
What are your scariestest moments in games? And NO they don't have to be from Horror Games and it can be a game you watched from a video as well.

One of my scariest encounters are with the good old Slender Man, not really a moment, but I hate games where I know when the inevitable is going to happen and knowing someone is really close to me just makes me so insane scared. As they say, "out of sight, out of mind", pffff.... got to be kidding me right, who came up with that?

Also going to be playing Alien: Isolation which looks amazing, seems that I loved the films this is a must play for me, also the videos I saw got good atmosphere and shit scary.

What you guys think? And any you want to play?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 11, 2014 9:21 AM

Sep 2014
i played 10 minutes of outlast once

i got inside the building

then i quit like a bitch
Oct 11, 2014 9:23 AM

May 2012
I don't tend to get scared by games nowadays. Alien Isolation didn't really scare me either. I'm also one of those people that doesn't consider jump scares as true scares

The last time I remember being scared was years back while playing Max Payne as a kid. During one of those nightmares he had with the crying baby and the thin platforms you had to walk on.

Oct 11, 2014 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
Five Night at Freddy's.
In my entire gaming life, I never freaked out that much.
Oct 11, 2014 9:39 AM

Feb 2013
Olem said:
The last time I remember being scared was years back while playing Max Payne as a kid. During one of those nightmares he had with the crying baby and the thin platforms you had to walk on.
I never thought of that as scary, but damn that shit was trippy. I remember thinking to myself that somebody at Rockstar had some serious shit going on in their head when they came up with that.

I think the only game that ever made me stop playing because of the psych factor was Silent Hill 3. The subway station was nerve racking. That was 10 years ago though. I could probably handle it better now. I never did beat the game...

F.E.A.R. had some good jump scare moments, too.
Oct 11, 2014 9:46 AM

Mar 2009
It was scary when Tekken Tag Tournament 2 frozen during the match intro.

GET READY FOR THE NEXT... *freeze*

Also the first zombie in Resident Evil, brrr...

Oct 11, 2014 10:13 AM

Dec 2013
playing Dead Space 1 in the dark with headphones :D

Oct 11, 2014 10:17 AM

Sep 2014
hivekiller said:
Five Night at Freddy's.

i watched the first night and half the second night of that

now i just need to erase it from my mind
Oct 11, 2014 10:33 AM

Jan 2013
Skeletons freaked me out in Legend of Zelda as a kid, now I just blaze through them.
Oct 11, 2014 10:43 AM

Jul 2011
The charging stalkers in dead space 2 gave me anxiety
Oct 11, 2014 11:18 AM

Jun 2011
I got through all Dead Spaces without freaking out, Beat all 6 nights of FN@F with only being mildly spooked, but Aliens Isolation man. That game freaked the shit out of me. It was like all my childhood nightmares into one game.
Oct 11, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
Dead space 1 could be pretty scary in parts...Dunwich building in Fallout 3 got me a couple of times as well.
Oct 11, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2012
When I played The Last of Us my neck was bothering me for some reason but I decided it wouldn't matter, I got to a certain part where there was water all around me and I was thinking "why aren't there any enemies here?" then BAM I heard a door open and a really scary sound and my body IRL jumped right while my neck and head jumped left. I broke my neck and almost died.
Oct 11, 2014 12:43 PM

May 2012
NTAD said:
I never thought of that as scary, but damn that shit was trippy. I remember thinking to myself that somebody at Rockstar had some serious shit going on in their head when they came up with that.

Well, I was a kid at a the time :P I think the baby's cry intensified if you fell off the path, no? I think that's what scared me most at the time. I remember having to open my window to let light in just cause I felt so disturbed.

As for F.E.A.R, I never got how it was so scary to other people. There were some parts that seemed like it was trying to scare the player, but I ended up just breezing through it like a normal fps story mode. I've yet to play F.E.A.R 2 and 3 though. I have 2...but it's just in my backlog of games like all my others

Oct 11, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2012
Outlast was child's play. I played that playable teaser for the new silent hills game, and it made me close my eyes for a couple of times during my play-through. That shit is no joke.
Oct 11, 2014 12:52 PM

Feb 2013
Olem said:
NTAD said:

Well, I was a kid at a the time :P I think the baby's cry intensified if you fell off the path, no? I think that's what scared me most at the time. I remember having to open my window to let light in just cause I felt so disturbed.

As for F.E.A.R, I never got how it was so scary to other people. There were some parts that seemed like it was trying to scare the player, but I ended up just breezing through it like a normal fps story mode. I've yet to play F.E.A.R 2 and 3 though. I have 2...but it's just in my backlog of games like all my others
No, it got louder and more intense as you got closer to the end. Max would scream though when you fell off...like the kind of scream you'd hear from someone losing their mind. I'm actually thinking about popping that game in now for a go-around.

The thing about F.E.A.R. that kept it from being truly scary was it's emphasis on being a shooter. I always had plenty of ammo so I was never really worried about anything. The only thing it really had going for it were the jump moments. Still, mechanically it was a LOT of fun to play. Pinning guys to the walls and ceiling with the Penetrator = endless fun.

F.E.A.R. 2 stepped things up a bit with the cinema feel and I think the atmosphere was really good, but it lacked the jump moments. Great visuals and the mechanics were fine. I heard F.E.A.R. 3 was a bomb though and I haven't got around to playing it.

Silent Hill 3 to this day is still the only game I ever played that I found legitimately creepy.

You know what though? I'll give DOOM 3 some credit. It had some good jump scares, too. But again, abundance of ammo kinda took away from the overall feel they were trying to give it. That's why it should have been more like traditional DOOM with hordes of monsters. I hate having leftover ammo....
Oct 11, 2014 1:09 PM

Feb 2010

This was the only time a game ever scared me.
Oct 11, 2014 2:27 PM

Jul 2014
A league game I played a while ago with like a 50-1 fed kat.
Oct 11, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
FastnessofWheels said:
I got through all Dead Spaces without freaking out, Beat all 6 nights of FN@F with only being mildly spooked, but Aliens Isolation man. That game freaked the shit out of me. It was like all my childhood nightmares into one game.
Fuck, I heard about Aliens Isolation. What is it like?

[quote=NTAD]
Olem said:

I think the only game that ever made me stop playing because of the psych factor was Silent Hill 3. The subway station was nerve racking. That was 10 years ago though. I could probably handle it better now. I never did beat the game...
The subway was intense. I actually missed the annoying background noises because it made things less frightening. When there was a complete silence I felt like some shit was going to go down.
Oct 11, 2014 2:59 PM

Feb 2013
Udgey said:
The subway was intense. I actually missed the annoying background noises because it made things less frightening. When there was a complete silence I felt like some shit was going to go down.
There was a part when you first go in where it's just completely dark and silent.....and then out of nowhere a really loud sound of what sounded like something dying. I literally went deer in the headlights and didn't move for like 2 minutes.
Oct 11, 2014 3:06 PM

Jan 2008
I'm sure I've posted this before in a similar thread.

Back when I was a kid, in Megaman Legends, those reaver bots in those dungeons that chase you when you jump down to their floor/level scared the hell out of me. The noise they make when they detect you and start chasing you. Not to mention the area being dark.
Oct 11, 2014 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
The demo for F.E.A.R scared me shitless back in the day.
The demo for Bioshock was also kind of scary.
Nothing can really compare to slenderman though.
Oct 11, 2014 3:19 PM

Jan 2013
Pikachu-Pandas said:
Outlast was child's play. I played that playable teaser for the new silent hills game, and it made me close my eyes for a couple of times during my play-through. That shit is no joke.
HOLY FUCK that teaser. When I heard Hideo Kojima was working on it, I wasn't expecting much but goddamn. I had to stop when I heard the baby crying and saw the bathtub with blood coming out. It was so uncomfortable that I almost cried (for some reason)
PeenusWeenusCaimOct 11, 2014 3:26 PM
Oct 11, 2014 3:48 PM
May 2013
Fighting Maulotaurs in Heretic was always made me a bit nervous when I was a kid.
Oct 11, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
I used to get kinda scared at the underwater sections of Devil May Cry. Also tentacle monsters in the sewer level of Shadows of the Empire, especially the final boss ._.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Oct 11, 2014 3:52 PM

Jan 2011
Sinistar comes to mind
from an horror game though, the crawling ghost from Fatal Frame 3 ll always haunt me
Oct 11, 2014 3:58 PM

Dec 2008
I hate horror, but I can force myself to trudge through most horror games.
I tried Dead Space 2 once. I was told to be aware of jump scares as most of the dead bodies on the floor were alive and would quickly attack me when I moved past them. So what I'd do? I'd attack every body on the ground just in case. It didn't help ease my anxiety. I screamed like a child every time they jumped me.

I must say with shame that I was not able to finish chapter 1. I quit halfway through.
Oct 12, 2014 12:12 PM

Nov 2011
NTAD said:
F.E.A.R. 2 stepped things up a bit with the cinema feel and I think the atmosphere was really good, but it lacked the jump moments. Great visuals and the mechanics were fine. I heard F.E.A.R. 3 was a bomb though and I haven't got around to playing it.

FEAR 2 had a really good creepy atmosphere going for most of the game. The hospital and elementary school in particular. I just didn't like how at times, there was a little too much action, and it kind of broke up aforementioned creepy atmosphere.

Problem with FEAR 3 was that it just wasn't creepy at all for the most part. There's a lot more inhuman enemies (things from Alma's mind) this time around, but it felt like it was trying to be Call of Duty for a lot of the game. One stage in particular feels like it was ripped straight from Modern Warfare 2. I did however, genuinely enjoy the wholesale store and suburb stages. Playing as Paxton Fettel is pretty fun too.
Oct 12, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
Cinerary said:
NTAD said:

FEAR 2 had a really good creepy atmosphere going for most of the game. The hospital and elementary school in particular. I just didn't like how at times, there was a little too much action, and it kind of broke up aforementioned creepy atmosphere.
Yeah, when the game introduced the invisibility units, it took a huge dive from creepy to scifi thriller. That level was fun as shit though.
Oct 12, 2014 1:27 PM

Oct 2008
Those damn Penumbra games. Couldn't even finish those. lol But I did finish Amnesia, all the Silent Hill games and most recently, Outlast.
Oct 12, 2014 1:51 PM

Jun 2012
Yesterday, or early hours of this morning, i was playing the new silent hills preview demo. Holy shit. Makes amnesia look like a disney film.

Hideo Kojima is the man.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 12, 2014 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
I don't play horror games. I jump too easily cuz I'm a pussy and can't handle it XD

I remember trying to play Doom on the PC when I was pretty young cuz I watched my parents play it all the time and I thought it looked fun. I played for like 2 minutes and freaked out because the imps kept making noise and I couldn't see them.
Oct 12, 2014 6:24 PM

Aug 2012
When i first got to Lavender Town and it still freaks me out. Also knowing the fact that i killed Gary Motherfucking Oak's Raticate.
Oct 12, 2014 7:58 PM

May 2014
probably when i was a little kid playing resident evil on playstation

i havent been scared of any games since my balls dropped, although the only game ive played that could be classified as horror since then is deadspace and its sequels
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Oct 24, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2012
hivekiller said:
Five Night at Freddy's.

To be honest I must admit that to a lot of people it is scary, but I feel like that game is just all about anxiety and jump scares, which are not scaring it's just a natural body reaction, bit like when someone jumps out of no where and says "BOO!".

I'm going to play it for myself anyway though, just to experience it.

[quote=NTAD]
Olem said:
F.E.A.R. had some good jump scare moments, too.

I've played the first F.E.A.R my first modernish type of scary game and it didn't set any mood for me whatsoever, more like just to have fun with the experience with the game to weird moments with a girl like figure, and annoying scares that you could see coming a mile off. In the end, I was literally playing with the scares and having a laugh with it, haha. Must admit though, I did have fun.

As for DOOM I played one of them waaaaay back when I was young that my dad bought me and that just used to make me annoyed while shitting myself scared all the time, haha. Classic game and always will be.

Protaku94 said:
The demo for F.E.A.R scared me shitless back in the day.
The demo for Bioshock was also kind of scary.
Nothing can really compare to slenderman though.

I played a demo and saw a Walkthrough of Bioshock and I think that game is more atmospheric than scary. Still, I don't know never experienced it but I will do once I get my new rig sorted out.
Oct 24, 2014 11:14 AM

Feb 2013
Silent Hill games but mostly this part on Silent Hill 4 it freaks me out a lot

Oct 24, 2014 11:23 AM

Jun 2014
Zombie survival games are the scariest! Minecraft for example.
Oct 24, 2014 11:25 AM
Aug 2014
It was a Miniclip game.
Ok you can laugh now. Haha

That Miniclip game: there was a nice landscape and peaceful song. But out of nowhere appeared a pic of a satanist with a black hood and a horrible scream started.
I was just 10 years old. My heart stopped for a second, I didn't see that coming. Haha
Oct 24, 2014 11:41 AM

May 2014
when i was a kid playing some resident evil game on the ps1

there was this one area where rabid zombie dogs smashed in through windows in a hallway. scared the bejezzus outta me

found a vid of it on youtube...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI_5gohqtnQ

its not that scary when you're expecting it, but i remember there was a break in the action for a long time before it happened so i was lulled into a false sense of security
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Oct 24, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2011
I would be peacefully going down a path, mowing down zombies with my shotgun.......and "STARS!!!!".
Oct 24, 2014 11:56 AM
Aug 2014
Well, back then, the Resident Evil games were scary, 1-3. I have fond memories of friends and I being like 10 years old, playing Resident Evil 2 and feeling that anticipation of something popping up. Good times.
Oct 24, 2014 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
Condemned was scary as hell. I turned off my xbox 360 pretty often, because my nerves were at breaking point. Not to mention that special jump scare that I just didn't expect.
Oct 24, 2014 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
When I was playing Ocarina of Time and it had gotten dark in Hyrule field and these Stalchild would just pop up which was a bit jumpy for me because I didn't expect it.

I also bought this game called "Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon" and it was scary because these huge dogs were hiding in the shadows, hands would extend from mirrors and these electrical dummy things would just limp towards you. Not to mention that most of the areas were dark, such as an abandoned shopping centre and an abandoned fair ground.
Oct 24, 2014 1:47 PM
Mar 2014
Dungeon Nightmares and Vanish both creeped me out.
Oct 24, 2014 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
When in PT the ghost woman thing started to talk to me through my headset.

Oct 24, 2014 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
How do any of you people feel about RPG (Pokemon like) horror games? Anyone find them scary and horrifying or just not as much because it isn't as immersive as for example Alien: Isolation and Slender Man. Good example would be Corpse Party and Mad Father.
Oct 24, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
Fallout New Vegas, entering the repconn test site need to clear the basement
Oct 25, 2014 8:08 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Komirai said:
Good example would be Corpse Party and Mad Father.

As for corpse party, I can say that the effect of words and sounds more than make up for the 8 bit graphics. Chapter 1 shocked and disturbed me to no end and I think my attitude to the rest of the game was "fuck this I'm not going in there" and "wtf" at every weird thing. I still loved it in the end though haha.

Personally shocker that hasn't left me? In Dead Space 2, if you screw up a certain sequence where this laser is carefully etching on your eye, the apparatus makes a horrific mess of things. I leaned into the screen and that became a jump scare I still remember now.
Oct 25, 2014 11:49 AM

Nov 2013
F.E.A.R., Dead Space 1, and Amnesia. Though admittedly, I was only scared when I started those games. About half way through all of them even the jump factor faded for me. Oh! And the school close to Megaton in Fallout 3.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" - Winston Churchill

Oct 26, 2014 8:58 AM

Aug 2011
The mirror scene from Silent Hill 3.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

4 by DreamWindow »»
5 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
10 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
11 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.