Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 15, 2016 5:54 AM

Sep 2013
Aww Sato's relationship with his senpai :/

Glad he's taking (funny) counselling sessions from Misaki though hahah the pururin song is now stuck in my head omgosh
Nov 26, 2016 6:44 AM

Mar 2013
Somehow, the journey so far is cringe-worthy for me. Hope it gets better.

Also that dream tho XD
Jan 6, 2017 1:18 AM

Jun 2013
I was glad Sato finally started to be more honest (by his own standards). He definitely didn't lie to Kashiwa. I liked the scene with her, it was pretty melancholic, even with Sato's antics. This episode was probably the one where Sato's motivations started to shift towards wanting to improve.

Sato finally stopped lying to Misaki, too. More accurately, he didn't object when Misaki called him out on his lies. Though Misaki has good intentions, and good intuition, she appears to be a little more immature in her practical methods. Which is to be expected, as she's probably still in high school. I assume her current methods won't be the thing that saves Sato, but she might evolve and improve as a therapist or life coach later.

I wasn't into the eroge angle so far, but if the two will take their time with it, maybe it could be something worthwhile. It's a good thing that Sato finally wants to accomplish something with some of his free time.
LeeTailorJan 6, 2017 1:22 AM
Mar 30, 2017 5:08 PM

Feb 2013
Misaki is using some weird things, and she wasn't even the one who wrote them.
Jun 8, 2017 8:51 AM

May 2013
LMAAAAOOOOOO, their faces were priceless! XD

Jun 14, 2017 3:20 AM

Jan 2010
oh no...pururin's dead

overall a great episode, maybe the best so far

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 26, 2017 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
He totally made up that dream.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 1, 2017 10:27 AM

Apr 2015
I don't think Sato's senpai is such a good influence, offering to supply him with random drugs she has prescribed.

Wasn't Sato going and buying all that anime stuff him directly buying into the conspiracy? Guess that slipped his mind for a bit...

I swear the dub can't keep a consistent pronunciation of 'hikikomori'.

So Sato finally gave in and gave missionary girl the contract! Is he doing it for his senpai?

Yamazaki has some issues of his own to work out...seems like his parents actually care, unlike Sato's (have his simply given up?).

"What's that book?"
"My secret notes."
"What's inside?"
"...Secret notes."

Sato asking missionary girl to explain his fake sex dream to him must be some kind of sexual harassment. He's not taking hikikomori treatment seriously :\ I think she can help him get better!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 19, 2018 12:04 AM

Aug 2013
Nice character development this episode for Satou.. Although it will be interesting to see if he can manage to keep up this newfound motivation of his or if he'll eventually fall back into his old ways. Myself being in a similar position to Satou's at the moment, I can attest to the fact that it can be hard to break the cycle of depression and social anxiety that are/can be some of the underlying factors of hikikomorism. There are definitely some days where I all of a sudden get these huge bursts of motivation to finally be productive and attempt to do something with my life, but they don't last long and I eventually fall back into the cycle of nothingness.

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, male ego is definitely NOT his reason for the extreme lengths he went to cover up his lying to Misaki. It's the fear of rejection and judgement. In that moment where Misaki asked what his job was a few episodes back, he created the web of lies because doing so leads to an easier escape in that moment, even if the consequences of having to actually follow through and un-do the lie is much more time consuming and difficult. He'd rather choose that more arduous path than simply admit he's a NEET hikikomori and potentially be chastised for his laughable social status. Even if Misaki hasn't shown to be the type of person to belittle him like that, he was too scared to risk it.

Also, I want to learn more about Misaki. Who is she? Why is she showing such an interest in Satou? Why does she have such a fervor to help him overcome his hikikomorism? There has to be a good reason.
Sep 11, 2018 8:26 PM

Nov 2017
this anime just got better
Oct 8, 2018 7:12 PM

May 2010
Misaki's so clueless about everything, basically me everytime I had to do any kind of project at school lol.

Also, Hitomi's so intriguing, I'd love to know more about herself and her relationship with Satou :c
Oct 15, 2018 3:48 AM
May 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Misaki's so clueless about everything, basically me everytime I had to do any kind of project at school lol.

Also, Hitomi's so intriguing, I'd love to know more about herself and her relationship with Satou :c

Yeah but Misaki is so cool by being clueless, this is kawaii :D

Maybe Hitomi past with Satou will be unveiled in the next episodes...I guess at least; it would be an interesting point to develop this character ^^
Jul 25, 2019 9:55 PM

Jul 2016
I hope the series starts picking up from here, I wasn't satisfied with the first 4 episodes.
Jul 29, 2019 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
Damn their faces in the end. Was that a JoJo reference lol.
Dec 5, 2019 1:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hitomi is clearly a troubled individual with issues, but she's pretty interesting in her own way. Misaki on the other hand is just plain weird. The bit with the psychonalysis was hilarious though. And don't leave them figurines on the floor!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 26, 2020 1:53 PM

Mar 2016
Knowing that the senpai only stuck with Sato for 2 years out of pity is just sad, it's no better when she was offering to give him all those medicines and especially saying that they should've been dating just so Sato would not be a hikikomori right now. As a final stab, the way she looked and the way she replied "But you're just a hikikomori' is absolutely devastating for Sato's self-esteem, if he had any. Oof

However, a new development emerges!

Sato decided to give in and have begun attending Misaki's seminar to quit being a hikikomori, furthermore, Sato and Yamazaki can focus on creating their game with no set deadline! Ah, another light of day! I was so excited seeing Sato sitting his ass down and actually typing the script for the game!

PURURIN-chan!!! SUE THE COMPANY WHO MANUFACTURED HER WITH WEAK PLASTIC!!!
Mar 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty nice episode. That psychoanalysis scene was hilarious, though that spicy stuff was quite controversial, although well... Satou just wanted his new and persistent friend to explain his dream, lol.

But damn... Why did they had to crush Puririn figure?! :(
Apr 26, 2020 2:18 PM

Apr 2016
This series seems interesting, Satou as a character seems very interesting too. I don’t know why but Hitomi caught a bit of my interest too.
May 13, 2020 7:09 PM
Apr 2020
RIP Purin ;-;
Not loving Misaki so far but I would die for Yamazaki
Dec 10, 2020 10:42 PM

Sep 2017
Lol Misaki needs to get the freud analysis of the rising snake.
Funny moment.

Well the guys finally get around to making a game
This is gonna be fun

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 21, 2020 6:33 AM
Apr 2018
This anime has so many beautiful soundtracks. Found the ost album of this anime on Spotify, if anyone wants to listen there:

https://open.spotify.com/album/48F5mNO58XzofXVwL08w4x?si=Gk_PEUNYTfyLgIbdWzEtDA
Jan 14, 2021 11:01 AM
Sep 2020
It's a slow, dramatic and needed episodes so far. We get to see development from Senpai's reappearance and Satou now is taking the contract. Some Satou's lonely moments here low key hit me. Glad he's stepping up for change while recognizing he's in a bad shape.
I like how psychology is in this anime, and misaki's psychoanalysis on Satou's made-up dream went over the red (dont know what that means but you know, red? red face? yes that is what i meant to say) XD

PURURIN GOT BROKE AT LAST SCENE OH CRAAAAPPP
Mar 19, 2021 12:12 PM

Nov 2018
I love it , not because it's such an otaku centered story , but because it's a great character-based story with relatable and deep thoughts , despite being so dumb.

Also , great OST and production.
I hate everyone equally
Apr 8, 2021 9:54 PM

Aug 2018
Misaki was so cute when she got embarassed hahahahaha

Dec 17, 2021 6:18 AM

Jun 2020
Dat expression when Pururin Doll was Broken xD

Mar 8, 2022 9:10 AM
Aug 2021
I was grinning when I saw that Sato actually typed out the story for the ero game and told Yamazaki that he wanted to finish it(even though the promise with Misaki was already broken) but then that ending made me go "oh shit" XD
Mar 30, 2022 9:48 AM
Nov 2020
The worst fact about lying is being caught in lying. I felt bad for Sato when Misaki knew that he was lying the whole time
Aug 26, 2022 12:39 AM

May 2015
This feels like the turning point for him.
Oct 7, 2022 9:42 AM

Sep 2017
well revisiting the episode after a long time

lot of fun stuff

looks like mc had some stuff with senpai on last day.

freud analysis is always neat

This is a good philosophy to live by

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jul 24, 2023 12:24 AM

Jun 2021
NOOOOO PURURIN CHAAAAAANNNN
The short-haired girl don't know much about what she's doing but probably the two will learn about each other <3
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Aug 24, 2023 10:57 AM

Feb 2020
jesus christ the horror of breaking a man's beloved figure www

Dec 28, 2023 8:03 PM
Jan 2022
I really love how the story is moving on. Super excited!
Feb 25, 5:37 PM

Jan 2022
Oof, the outing with the senpai made me sad. The realization that they should've dated instead hurt for some reason. I do feel like Sato wouldn't have been a NEET. I'm glad she's on mood stabilizers though, she seems more composed, not insane or depressed. Then senpai immediately retracted the question of seeing each other again. Jeez.

8 million gods, doesn't even come close to the amount of Hindu gods. Did Misaki not study up during the waiting period??? She misread her notes lol

The ending, I'm dying 😭
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 24, 3:27 AM
Jun 2022
1) Bob Hair Just To Wanted To Help U MC , Don't Mock Her .

2) Yeah , This Is It For Me . Sayonara NHK .

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

130 by puffle9000 »»
May 3, 1:03 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

311 by gyanburubii »»
Apr 30, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Aug 20, 2008

124 by The_anime_noob12 »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

114 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 3:08 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Juliab - Mar 7, 2008

164 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.