Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 1:03 PM
Jul 2010
sadfacelv said:
Meh, I hate such one sided pwnage, they should"ve at least given the bad guys some kills; a bunch of schoolers owning evil terrorists? Even more lame than Robotics;Notes.

Agreed, everyone was just too OP to enjoy it.
Sep 20, 2014 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
i think suzaku vs oniisama was the best scene in this show because suzaku was able to put up a fight (sort of)..
Sep 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2013
You know that feel when your onii-sama descends from the heavens to revive your fallen nakama?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
Kurogashi said:
i think suzaku vs oniisama was the best scene in this show because suzaku was able to put up a fight (sort of)..

There are a couple more characters who put up a fight later on. Unfortunately, I doubt you'd ever get to see those battles.
Sep 20, 2014 1:27 PM
Apr 2014
Onii-sama is your new Jesus. He literally descended down from the skies and "revived" people
Sep 20, 2014 1:29 PM

Dec 2013
Onii-sama is too fabulous.
Sep 20, 2014 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
Since apparently removing the limiters gives Miyuki full power I was expecting to see how much more powerful she is compared to the others around her, and apparently that's how it is in the source material but it didn't really happen here.
Sep 20, 2014 1:32 PM

Nov 2013
Kurogashi said:

unknown sniper was the boss -_-
Sep 20, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2013
No infodump. Just 100% action but it looks like a one sided fight since all we have been seeing is the bad guys blowing up and dying left and right (those metal gear tank thingys are practically useless too) I thought one of the "good guys" would actually die but thats not the case since Tatsuya is freaking Christ.

TL;DR the good guys always win with the least (or no) casualties.
All hail plot armor and Tatsuya your new savior.
Sep 20, 2014 1:33 PM
Jul 2010
So this was probably the most badly adapted episode so far, much worse than last week's, I am very disappointed as a light novel reader. So I'll just mention a few things as examples from what I remember in the light novel.

- First of all the entire episode felt as if I was clicking the fast forward button, the episode jumped from one scene to the next without giving each one enough time, most rushed episode ever, especially by the end of the episode the speed increased even more.
- Juumonji wearing that armor, didn't fit him at ALL, especially the head protector.
- Compare Tatsuya's mobile suit with the design from the LN, I love how some things in mahouka are really easy to adapt, you're even given a picture of what the suit looks like, but no we need to change it just for lol.
- George and Masaki's scene, no comment.
- Masaki was actually having a hard time fighting the guy who controlled the weird summoned beasts because he couldn't find him, in the episode he effortlessly found and eliminated him.
- I was really hoping that this studio's bad joke about how Juumonji's phalanx was a single layered shield was going to stop, but no we see the stupid shield again in this episode, looks totally like a multi-layered shield that advances FORWARD and crushes things and that is also capable of protecting a person from all directions, remember if you're ever in trouble IRL and are being shot at from all directions, just put a shield under your feet and you'll be totally fine!
- When Tatsuya met up with Sanada, two of their soldiers were badly injured and he healed them, the episode couldn't even spend 5 seconds on that, need more time to show Miyuki blushing and George/Masaki scene!
- How to suck all the tension from Kirihara and the other guy being shot ? By not even taking 10 seconds to show their girlfriend afraid for their lives and them about to die, immediately summon Jesus Oni sama.
- Miyuki coming down from the helicopter was supposed to look more majestic and she was angry in the LN that her peers were hurt, in here she just looked like an emotionless robot, don't even get me started on how Cocytus looked like just another freezing magic instead of what it actually is, which is a mental interference magic that freezes the soul.
- When Tatsuya was flying around in the air trying to find the drones to destroy them, from the start he was flying HIGHER than them so they can't seem him, in here he started flying on the same level as the drone and only flew to a higher height afterwards, also he was using his unique ability "elemental sight" to look for the drones because it was EXPLICITLY stated that at the speed he was flying he couldn't rely on his eyes, but no let's show him looking around in the air with his eyes trying to find the drones!

There are probably more screw ups that I'm missing but yeah, worse adaptation ever.
Sep 20, 2014 1:43 PM

Apr 2008
hamoun said:
Question regarding Onii-sama's powers. He can restore people to a previous state using their magic, no? So can he (For Example) restore himself every night to how he was the morning? That way he would never age and technically become Immortal. Right? Or am I missing something?

Think of it as loading a save game from before you died.
Sep 20, 2014 1:45 PM

Aug 2011
hamoun said:
Question regarding Onii-sama's powers. He can restore people to a previous state using their magic, no? So can he (For Example) restore himself every night to how he was the morning? That way he would never age and technically become Immortal. Right? Or am I missing something?

Read this thread i made long ago about the exact same question and you might figure out something.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1229727&show=0#post1
stefemanSep 20, 2014 1:49 PM
Sep 20, 2014 1:48 PM

Jun 2014
Tatsuya is a friggin god.

She literally prayed for his aid and he turned up out of nowhere and saved everyone from death.
Sep 20, 2014 1:48 PM

Aug 2011
Jesus Onii-sama
Sep 20, 2014 1:50 PM

Jun 2013
Tatsuya is our magical Jesus and savior!
Sep 20, 2014 1:51 PM

Apr 2013
masaki really likes fist of the north star it seems

godtsuya can revive others aswell

pretty good episode
Sep 20, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2011
I'm disappointed, I thought we're gonna see a lot of Tatsuya today :/ but he barely appeared one the screen.
Sep 20, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
It was a good episode, because it is mostly action scenes and rescue operation. The students are mostly dominating the terrorist and the terrorist just give up and flee from the battle. Some strategy they have for charging in and destroying everything.

Mayumi teasing Tatsuya made me laugh XD.

As always Tatsuya, just makes it more badass when healing his comrades.

Sep 20, 2014 2:03 PM

May 2007
Episode 25 was great, I didn't expect Tatsuya to reveal yet another secret of his and I'm glad he "restored" them both. Ahhh, Mibu was in such shock but good for her now.
Sep 20, 2014 2:06 PM
May 2014
Somehow the series is quite ok, but they probably should've given it some more episodes to get an
adaption where they didn't have to cut away significant and rather significant scenes and whatnot.

This episode was rather dull compared to the LN, but then again there is lots and lots happening just
about everywhere in these chapters. I hope they at least get the reactions etc right to what just
happened with those two. It IS something that is quite significant.

Basically, Tatsuya doesn't heal them for free, but pays for it with pain..lots of pain.
konatachan80Sep 20, 2014 2:09 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Sep 20, 2014 2:10 PM

Aug 2014
I don't say this often... but Masaki was kakkoii. Way more than Tatsuya in this episode. Not only is he strong, he also has a good heart and takes responsibility. I liked it.

It was kinda hilarious how Chiba daydreamed about Fujibayashi, only to get snapped back to reality by the (classic) jealous sister. It was also funny how Jumonji just appeared and started smashing the enemy troops.

And at the end... of course. I'm beginning to suspect these two simply like to test their limits... see how far they can go until they cross the Oreimo line.

4/5. Onii-sama was absent for the most part, but still enjoyable.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 20, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
So tatsuya can even heal others? Well that's convenient...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Sep 20, 2014 2:17 PM

Sep 2013
Except for not doing the Miyuki scene properly it was amazing :)

Juumonji looking like a samurai leading his people crushing everyone in sight, literally :)

And it is such that Jesus has arriveth from the Heavens and has healeth the people and noweth will destroyeth the enemy with his demonic power which no mortal has ever survivith.

OMG I just noticed those machines are advance Kurata machines made for wars :O

They'll be deployed to wars in the near future because of Mahouka XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuratas

Mod Note: double post combined.
rodacSep 20, 2014 3:09 PM
Sep 20, 2014 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
masaki for this episode is kinda good, thinking about the other eventhough the other kinda hate his magic, and his rupture is kinda good in the anime

saegusa sticking out his tounge to tatsuya kinda cute :3

kei and kirihara is really gentleman!

that fast recovery can be used to other people? geez he's god
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 20, 2014 2:38 PM

Jul 2014
Our one true God, Tatsuya-Sama has done it once again. Rejoice!
Sep 20, 2014 2:41 PM
Jan 2010
worst adapted episode yet. I'm so sad that even madhouse can screw up something like straight action.
Sep 20, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
What the fawk.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Sep 20, 2014 2:45 PM
Aug 2014
they shortened everything and the animators has a serious problem setting the air
Sep 20, 2014 2:47 PM
Dec 2010
I'm disappointed... won't forgive them unless there'll be some real badass action from onii-sama in the last episode -,-"
Sep 20, 2014 2:57 PM
Oct 2013
JCDRANZER said:
Episode 25 was great, I didn't expect Tatsuya to reveal yet another secret of his and I'm glad he "restored" them both. Ahhh, Mibu was in such shock but good for her now.
there was more to that scene but they nerfed it to high hell.... maybe they are saving it for the start of next week but I aint holding my breathe
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 20, 2014 2:57 PM
Oct 2013
Novalogic said:
I'm disappointed... won't forgive them unless there'll be some real badass action from onii-sama in the last episode -,-"
yea if nerf Scorched Halloween......oh hell na
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 20, 2014 2:58 PM

May 2011
TSM_Flux said:
Our one true God, Tatsuya-Sama has done it once again. Rejoice!

He just brought some dead corpses back from the dead. That isn't godlike tho.
Sep 20, 2014 2:59 PM

Aug 2014
odysseyrh said:
there was more to that scene but they nerfed it to high hell...,

What more happened in the LN?
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 20, 2014 3:07 PM
Oct 2013
Tyrantarmy6 said:
its not healing and you have actually seen him use it twice now... well both times where on himself but yea hes always had that ability
― Imam Ali as
Sep 20, 2014 3:20 PM
Jan 2014
As an unintentional comedy anime-only viewer, I was blown away by the shear strength of the students of First High.

Those terrorists were like human water balloons against Masaki's Rupture. The Vertical Tanks were handled like child's toys by Juumonji's Phalanx.

Jesus-kun descending from the skies and using his healing powers was icing on the cake for me.
ResidentSep 20, 2014 3:25 PM
Sep 20, 2014 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
not enough Tatsuya I guess? but seriously the other characters aren't even that interesting.
Recommend me an anime
Sep 20, 2014 3:22 PM

May 2008
Tyrantarmy6 said:

It's an ability called Regrowth. He's basically restoring the "body information" before they were damaged. And, he can restore any living or non-living things up to 24 hours in the past.
Sep 20, 2014 3:36 PM

Apr 2012
This episode reminds me so much of Gantz. Exploding bodies and those suits xD
Sep 20, 2014 3:37 PM

Mar 2013
Well at least the show is consistent in been awful, the laughs I get from god sama still make the show worth at least a skim watch though.

Sep 20, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2013
-harry potter v2
yay everybody is OP, except for the actual adult soldiers... i wish those 2 had died ..

why does tatsuya smashes his balls whenever he wants to activate the suit or something?
Sep 20, 2014 3:47 PM

May 2014
WTH I waited 25 eps for this scenes to be animated and this is what they had come up with???!!They could have made 2 ol eps so that they didn't rush it,but no.Sad part is the BD's/DVD's sold well and Dengeki execs will be telling MH goodjob!!.Thrashin mad!!!

For season 2 they better change studios,MH,even with the MH worshipping in MAL did badly adapting a LN series again.

2/5
darkreaperixSep 20, 2014 3:51 PM
Sep 20, 2014 3:52 PM

Jan 2011
While I haven't read the LN's I'll agree with those who have, I think this would have been a better episode if we could have seen more of the other students in operation. It would also have shown that while Tatsuya is incredibly overpowered, so are most of the other really proficient students in the magic school system. And again it reinforces that you can't consider these "normal" high school students. We've seen that several of them are either acting clan heads (Juumonji), heirs to clan headship (Mayume, Mitsuki, & Misaki) or likely to be major players in clan politics in the future. It should come as no surprise that some of them also hold positions in the military and can be called to duty during times of need.

Based on what we've heard from people who have read the LN's it seems the major weaknesses in the adaptation have been the overplaying of the relationship between the siblings (possibly because a hint of incest is supposed to build the audience), the failure to be able to bring the internal monologues to the screen (since they are such an integral part of the novels) and the nerfing of the powers and lack of attention to the character building of the supporting players (particularly Mayume, Erika, and a number of other female characters). This isn't a terrible show, I still find it enjoyable and interesting and will probably start reading the light novels as a result of this and the sequel airing, but it could have been much better.
rodacSep 20, 2014 4:03 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 20, 2014 4:02 PM

Sep 2011
Onii-sama can even heal people it seems, probably has a time limit to how far back he can though, but yeah. Let's see, what else? Right... This felt extremely rushed, even for an anime-only viewer like me. Judging by the comments here from the LN readers, it feels extremely rushed with no characterization on Miyuki, etc.
TyrelSep 20, 2014 4:06 PM
Sep 20, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
Well seems like that tatsuya surpasses god.

I cant wait for their faces; tatsuya w-w-who are you?
Sep 20, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
Just how OP is our Onii-sama!! He's like " Oh, two of my friends just died. Let me just point my CAD at them and they will be as good as new." DAMN!

Not much action for our onii-sama here but fortunately for us (and unfortunately to the goons) our great onii-sama will end this series with a BANG!! (I sure hope so ^_^)

The Crimson Prince's rupture is pretty bad-ass too!
Sep 20, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Kirihara and Kei were great men to protect their girls. Fortunate for them, Jesus Onii-sama appeared right on time and healed them.
But did he really have to whisper on Miyuki's ear that she did great? :p . Why not just say it normally?

Ratohnhaketon said:
As expected from Onii-Christ-sama, he can heal the blind and cure the sick. "You did great" - Miyuki just came.

deanzel said:
And that ending sequence was hilarious. Onii-sama was like...

retepeters said:
why does tatsuya smashes his balls whenever he wants to activate the suit or something?

i love the people on the mahouka threads
laputiaSep 20, 2014 4:27 PM
Sep 20, 2014 4:29 PM

Sep 2013
all of it was okay, with few exceptions:
1. Erika should be happy that she could kill again especially now with Orochimaru
2. The attackers who attack Kannon's party at the end should have more troops at their disposal
3. Cocytus is freaking a disappointment. I thought they would show how horrifying it was... They should fixed this on BD or I will not buy a it. Season 2 be damned!
Sep 20, 2014 4:42 PM

Mar 2009
Tatsuya can even bring people back from the dead?! Is there anything this guy can't do?
Sep 20, 2014 4:42 PM
Oct 2012
rodac said:
Based on what we've heard from people who have read the LN's it seems the major weaknesses in the adaptation have been the overplaying of the relationship between the siblings (possibly because a hint of incest is supposed to build the audience),

Minor correction, it's not that they "overplayed" the relationship, that is all in the novel, however they did cut everything else from Miyuki's character so all the viewers were left with was the incest flag waving and the far too many breathless "oniisamas". Miyuki in the novels has a pretty wicked sense of humor (we saw only one scene of that when she teased Erika about being a brother con) and is someone people do not want to piss off (ultimately I think she could be even more powerful than Tatsuya).

While I shouldn't draw too sweeping a generalization, downplaying female characters is something I have come to expect in adaptations. It's probably a marketing decision. That is definitely the case here.
Sep 20, 2014 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
Mayumi's taunt lol
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.