Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2009 2:40 AM

Feb 2008
christ, Hei has a lot of fangirls.
Oct 31, 2009 2:47 AM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:

Lol, gotcha. I just think it's weird that people like the cold-blooded Hei, and then don't like his training Suou as harshly as he does. It's just a really strong reaction that I don't understand.

I will tell you something noteDhero, when is it good to train a teenage with violence when the hate can backfire at you?
Cold blooded Hei might be ok but it is because of Yin personality and I like him because he got rid of those people who were after him but then hate him because of his treatment of Suou. The word is irrational.

Sure, go leave Suou to her own devices will you? She can just go off by herself without any means of protecting herself other than her contractor ability.

That is not the point, I am saying that the training is just not the right one.
Wasabi said:
Hei doesn't give a shit about protecting her whatsoever so he'll just teach her to fend for herself while at the same time most likely using her to get to Shion.

Yeah he might be using her but she is also to get to Shion.
Wasabi said:
lrn2dink, slayer545.

I just want to know what means Irn2dink?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 31, 2009 2:51 AM

Apr 2009
Veronin said:
christ, Hei has a lot of fangirls.

Well, duh, he's a male equivalent of...something like Senjougahara, maybe? Only slightly more anti than hero xP

Hm, I wonder if he's going to revert to his season 1 self...He was a merciless killer at times, but there were moments that showed that's not all there is to him. He was much more likeable back then and I hope this side of his personality shows again...
And also, I want them to tell us about what happened with Yin. Because I'm guessing that it's the reason he became like that.

And forgot to mention, but the mahou shoujo sequence looks funny in a series like that xD
So far, I think the 1st season was better than this one. But we'll see, I don't like judging anything before seeing it in its entirety :)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 31, 2009 3:52 AM

Jul 2009
I for one like Hei's more melancholic contractor behaviour and new looks.
It's a nice contrast vs the previous season.

Don't see why everyone complain about him being rough on Suou, guess most of yopu have never been in the army^^
Train hard and as realistic as possible and you will reap greater rewards, and in the end perhaps learn something that one day will save you life.

Anyway quite a few funny moments too like that fugly tranny and when Suou broke that fat guys arm and it took him a few seconds to realise it actually hurts xD

Hope that new guy that apparently is in love with Souo gets killed though, I'm already annoyed by him -.-'
Oct 31, 2009 4:46 AM

Jul 2008
KingDeadKira said:
A LOT of humor in this episode, which i missed from season 1. and this scene made be LOL.

That scene was hilarious ! And the whole episode was ~ n____n

Oct 31, 2009 5:32 AM

Oct 2009
hanabira said:

What? Hei has always been cruel. It's why I like him.

He friggin SNAPPED Havok's fingers, do you remember?

Although whatever happened with Yin seems to have affected him alot, it's probably what's making him even more cruel.

I do remember. But I think you remember what happened afterwards... do you? Hei cooked a meal for Havoc and helped her eat.
He tortured Havoc just because he thought she had been responsible for everyone's missings, not because he was cruel.
And now he IS violent and cruel '__'
Btw, now I'm having a second thought after having watched the episode with engsub and higher quality. Hei is not that bad and *ahem*, I just find that his new look is actually cooler than I thought. Don't ask me, I don't even know what I am thinking now o_O
P/S: Somebody please shows me the way to hide the spoilers. I don't know how ^^"
rainji1234Oct 31, 2009 5:38 AM
Oct 31, 2009 5:44 AM

Jun 2009
Enetertaining episode, but the new guy is sort of annoying... The part where Hei made her dance was awesome :D Preview looks very promising...
Oct 31, 2009 5:46 AM

Aug 2009
rainji1234 said:
P/S: Somebody please shows me the way to hide the spoilers. I don't know how ^^"

make this: (spoiler) before a sentence which contains a spoiler and this:(/spoiler) after the sentence.
Except, use Square brackets [ ] instead of the curved ones.

You'll notice a 'BBCode' link near the post message/cancel button. Click on that and everything will be clear to you.
Oct 31, 2009 6:46 AM

Aug 2008
francismeunier said:

I will tell you something noteDhero, when is it good to train a teenage with violence when the hate can backfire at you?
Cold blooded Hei might be ok but it is because of Yin personality and I like him because he got rid of those people who were after him but then hate him because of his treatment of Suou. The word is irrational.

When the teenager is being mistakenly hunted down by powerful, seasoned killers with superpowers and the person doing the training has lost his main weapon. That's when it's ok to be a strict prick. Suou needs discipline, and clearly has none. She was happy taking pictures, being loud, disobeying her father, and not really thinking about what she did before. That's the reason why we had those episodes. To mark how becoming a contractor and getting trained by Hei will change her.

@rainji
Hei is protecting her. Ultimately, this is why I'm bothered by a lot of the negative reaction towards Hei. They see him beating up Suou, but then don't see that he is training her so that she doesn't die.
Oct 31, 2009 6:48 AM

Apr 2008
I'm finding this season a somewhat mediocre sequel. The title of this show is Darker than Black, and the original lived up (to a certain extent) to that name. However, i'm missing that feeling with this show. Certainly, it's not bad, but I don't see how this will ever live up to the original with all the current loopholes, plus the fact that this is only a 12 episode sieries.

It's lacking the plot elements of DtB, and is too lighthearted.
Oct 31, 2009 7:28 AM

Apr 2009
rainji1234 said:
hanabira said:

What? Hei has always been cruel. It's why I like him.

He friggin SNAPPED Havok's fingers, do you remember?

Although whatever happened with Yin seems to have affected him alot, it's probably what's making him even more cruel.

I do remember. But I think you remember what happened afterwards... do you? Hei cooked a meal for Havoc and helped her eat.
He tortured Havoc just because he thought she had been responsible for everyone's missings, not because he was cruel.
And now he IS violent and cruel '__'
Btw, now I'm having a second thought after having watched the episode with engsub and higher quality. Hei is not that bad and *ahem*, I just find that his new look is actually cooler than I thought. Don't ask me, I don't even know what I am thinking now o_O

I see. I just wanted to point out that Hei has definitely demonstrated violent behavior before in season 1, because some people seemed surprised that this "new Hei" is even violent/cruel at all. Now after seeing more replies to this thread it seems like what many people have a issue with is that the person on the receiving end of his abuse is a child. I guess I misunderstood.

As season 1 progressed, we were shown glimpses of his "human" side: Cooking for Havok and feeding her, helping out the yakuza guy who fell in love with a doll, etc. In season 2 we don't get that at all, just a seemingly unfeeling, violent, alcoholic, child-abusing hobo. But I think Hei's current behavior serves its purpose: it shows just how far he's fallen because of what happened with Yin. He doesn't give a shit anymore, he just wants to finish his job. It breaks my heart to see him like this.

But I'm pretty sure that Bones will show us his human side again, gradually. Unless they want to focus the character development on Suou completely and have Hei remain like this for 12 episodes. If that happens I will rage. Hard. But I'm sure they won't. I mean, some people are calling Hei the Huang of season 2 and even Huang was shown to have a human side to him towards the end of season 1.
Oct 31, 2009 7:50 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
francismeunier said:

When the teenager is being mistakenly hunted down by powerful, seasoned killers with superpowers and the person doing the training has lost his main weapon. That's when it's ok to be a strict prick. Suou needs discipline, and clearly has none. She was happy taking pictures, being loud, disobeying her father, and not really thinking about what she did before. That's the reason why we had those episodes. To mark how becoming a contractor and getting trained by Hei will change her.

Ok noteDhero you the best and I am convinced however still does not change the fact that violence with teenagers will lead them into maybe a hate they cannot control. Once again this can backfire, also remember that Suou' powers started when she was in emotions crisis so she might get even more stronger on Hei but maybe that is what Hei wants? Thanks noteDhero.

Oct 31, 2009 8:11 AM

Jan 2008
Sohei said:
I'm finding this season a somewhat mediocre sequel. The title of this show is Darker than Black, and the original lived up (to a certain extent) to that name. However, i'm missing that feeling with this show. Certainly, it's not bad, but I don't see how this will ever live up to the original with all the current loopholes, plus the fact that this is only a 12 episode sieries.

YES YES YES! at last someone share's my point of view.
Oct 31, 2009 9:17 AM

Dec 2008
I wonder did Suou feel something negative then Hei kick her? I guess this contractor's feeling may get attenuated too.
vinlastOct 31, 2009 9:46 AM
Oct 31, 2009 9:35 AM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:
francismeunier said:

Ok noteDhero you the best and I am convinced however still does not change the fact that violence with teenagers will lead them into maybe a hate they cannot control. Once again this can backfire, also remember that Suou' powers started when she was in emotions crisis so she might get even more stronger on Hei but maybe that is what Hei wants? Thanks noteDhero.

Also you didn't understood that Hei's role is not to care about her feelings or try to make her happy. His not her parent. His role is more like your sergeant in the army. He ain't nice to you. Actually he treats you like an asshole but what he tells you will help you survive.
Oct 31, 2009 10:26 AM

Aug 2008
Sohei said:

Maybe it's just me, but I felt like a lot of the first season was very lighthearted--even outside of the filler. Of course, it's been two years since I saw the first show, but I distinctly remember being put off by the mix of humor in the show, and eventually just went with it. I also remember a bit of nonsense plot-wise that never really explained itself fully. At this point, I'm wondering if, for a lot of disenchanted viewers, nostalgia has created this really rosy opinion of the show that can't really be helped, and they're expecting something different from what the show was all about. If you ask me, a lot of the tone is very much the same despite Hei's development. We have a show where we're tossed right into the middle of the plot, and have a lot of questions regarding Hei's past, and the real direction of the plot. We have action and brutality mixed with levity and humanity. Sometimes it mixed well, sometimes it felt inconsistent. That's what DtB was about to me, and that's how this season also feels.

francismeunier said:

Except that this teenager is a contractor, and should be pretty devoid of a lot of emotions. That there is a focus on Suou's hate is something to think about since she can't remember what love and anxiety feel like. Also, if I remember correctly, most contractors' powers appear in agitated states.
Oct 31, 2009 11:20 AM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:

Maybe it's just me, but I felt like a lot of the first season was very lighthearted--even outside of the filler. Of course, it's been two years since I saw the first show, but I distinctly remember being put off by the mix of humor in the show, and eventually just went with it. I also remember a bit of nonsense plot-wise that never really explained itself fully. At this point, I'm wondering if, for a lot of disenchanted viewers, nostalgia has created this really rosy opinion of the show that can't really be helped, and they're expecting something different from what the show was all about. If you ask me, a lot of the tone is very much the same despite Hei's development. We have a show where we're tossed right into the middle of the plot, and have a lot of questions regarding Hei's past, and the real direction of the plot. We have action and brutality mixed with levity and humanity. Sometimes it mixed well, sometimes it felt inconsistent. That's what DtB was about to me, and that's how this season also feels.

I couldn't have said it better my self. Actually i find this season a little better until now.
Oct 31, 2009 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
Sonja-cchi said:
KingDeadKira said:
A LOT of humor in this episode, which i missed from season 1. and this scene made be LOL.

That scene was hilarious ! And the whole episode was ~ n____n

Oct 31, 2009 12:52 PM

Jun 2008
Cenedess said:
What I like about Hei is that he's a true Anti Hero. 'Don't back talk me.' How can you look like a drunkard and still be so badass? Then again, I'd probably hate his guts in the real life.
Hei, don't cut your hair! It's cute. <3 xD
No, not cute. But suits his current mental state.
And yay, his Li persona appeared x3

July, lol, 'Smiling is not in my program.' xD Ahaha.

'It's bending in a way it shouldn't O:' ...you idiot. Moving it will DEFINITELY help.

Norio=cute xD Though I miss Nika a bit. -sniff-
Yessss! And

JULY IS SO CUTEE! I still love this show~ And was it just me who caught that Suou gor her period?
Oct 31, 2009 12:58 PM

Aug 2008
No...I'm pretty sure that's why she said "I'm a woman now" at the end of the episode.
Oct 31, 2009 12:59 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
No...I'm pretty sure that's why she said "I'm a woman now" at the end of the episode.
Ohh, okay. I didn't catch it at first and wanted to make sure. Well alrighty!
Oct 31, 2009 1:13 PM

Jun 2008
Kittenia said:
noteDhero said:
Ohh, okay. I didn't catch it at first and wanted to make sure. Well alrighty!

Wait. You mean it wasn't food poisoning?
Oct 31, 2009 1:14 PM

Aug 2008
No, cramps from her first period. Going by the context of her conversation with the transgender, that was the conclusion I came to. The food could have agitated it, but I'm a man, and don't know how all that works.
Oct 31, 2009 1:29 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
No, cramps from her first period. Going by the context of her conversation with the transgender, that was the conclusion I came to. The food could have agitated it, but I'm a man, and don't know how all that works.

Oh Yeah! i just rewatched that part. I didn't notice her reading the package and saying something about wings. Now i get why that transvestite told her she earn her right in Noah's ark and the "Hi!" that Mao made when he told him she is already a woman.

Ironically enough i made a comment in my first post that i felt attracted to Shuou after this episode and i was wondering if that makes me a lolicon.
MonadOct 31, 2009 2:30 PM
Oct 31, 2009 1:39 PM

Sep 2009
aww Hei is so harsh against Suou
Oct 31, 2009 1:56 PM

Aug 2008
Monad said:

Oh Yeah! i just rewatched that part. I didn't notice her reading the package and saying something about wings. Now i get why that transvestite told her she earn her right in Noah's ark and the "Hi!" that Mao made when he told him she is already a woman.

Ironically enough i made a comment in my first post that i fet attracted to Shuou after this episode and i was wondering if that makes me a lolicon.

Oh it still does, since she's in Middle School :D
Oct 31, 2009 2:33 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Monad said:

Ironically enough i made a comment in my first post that i fet attracted to Shuou after this episode and i was wondering if that makes me a lolicon.

Well by law yes, even high school girls by law. But at least mother nature says that am not completely weird.
Oct 31, 2009 2:36 PM

Oct 2009
This was a really good episode and it was pretty funny too. I think i'm liking this season better than the first but Hei is such an asshole in this season by beating up little russian girls!
Oct 31, 2009 2:36 PM
Oct 31, 2009 2:38 PM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
noteDhero said:
Monad said:

Well by law yes, even high school girls by law. But at least mother nature says that am not completely weird.

Mother Nature: your actually a complete weirdo!!!!!! jk
Oct 31, 2009 2:43 PM

Jun 2008
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
Monad said:
noteDhero said:
Monad said:

Relax people she's an anime girl. Am being a little humorous. I doubt i will find a real girl at her age attractive. But some anime girls look so nice.
Oct 31, 2009 2:44 PM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
Monad said:
noteDhero said:
Monad said:

Relax people she's an anime girl. Am being a little humorous. I doubt i will find a real girl at her age attractive. But some anime girls look so nice.

thats true
Oct 31, 2009 3:30 PM

Feb 2009
This was a good episode, really good insight on how Sou feels as a contractor. Hei slapping her was weird, they have changed his personality dramatically, almost for him to seem like he is the antagonist. Speaking of this, not all of this has been made clear. I loved the animation yet again, Bones is simply the best studio for animation!! Look to FMA Brotherhood for reference.
Oct 31, 2009 4:16 PM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:
francismeunier said:

Also you didn't understood that Hei's role is not to care about her feelings or try to make her happy. His not her parent. His role is more like your sergeant in the army. He ain't nice to you. Actually he treats you like an asshole but what he tells you will help you survive.

Yeah, I accept your logic of your statement but I still refuse any violence towards teenagers.
noteDhero said:
Sohei said:

francismeunier said:

Except that this teenager is a contractor, and should be pretty devoid of a lot of emotions. That there is a focus on Suou's hate is something to think about since she can't remember what love and anxiety feel like. Also, if I remember correctly, most contractors' powers appear in agitated states.

Yeah they appear in agitated states. Suou can't remember love and anxiety but remembers all the hatred of Hei killing her father and killing April. Can you explain why is that noteDhero? Hatred is a emotion but then why have it when happiness and love is gone? I am thinking about this thing in Asura Cryin about demon powers come at the price of love being absorbed. I am thinking all emotions having to do with love are being taken away. Only negative emotions stay by logic it is a fact because we deall with Hell's Gate. Am I right?
francismeunierOct 31, 2009 4:21 PM

Oct 31, 2009 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:

Yeah they appear in agitated states. Suou can't remember love and anxiety but remembers all the hatred of Hei killing her father and killing April. Can you explain why is that noteDhero? Hatred is a emotion but then why have it when happiness and love is gone? I am thinking about this thing in Asura Cryin about demon powers come at the price of love being absorbed. I am thinking all emotions having to do with love are being taken away. Only negative emotions stay by logic it is a fact because we deall with Hell's Gate. Am I right?

Actually contractors remember everything. The problem is they can't feel like they did. Also the fact that Suou still wants to go to Tokyo and find her brother is obvious that she remembers more than hate.
As i understood from watching Darker than Black, contractors despite what they say, can feel love, hate, despair and everything we feel. The problem is in what degree, how they feel them and the fact that all of them seem to develop a certain apathetic behavior.
MonadNov 1, 2009 5:41 AM
Oct 31, 2009 5:44 PM

Oct 2009
hanabira said:

But I'm pretty sure that Bones will show us his human side again, gradually. Unless they want to focus the character development on Suou completely and have Hei remain like this for 12 episodes. If that happens I will rage. Hard. But I'm sure they won't. I mean, some people are calling Hei the Huang of season 2 and even Huang was shown to have a human side to him towards the end of season 1.

I really hope they will do that, they can't just ruin Hei's image, right?
@k0k0: thank you ^^
Oct 31, 2009 6:16 PM

Aug 2007
KingDeadKira said:

i LOLd at this and the dance training
Oct 31, 2009 6:54 PM

Sep 2009
Abusive Hobo-Hei is almost a guilty pleasure to watch now. I think the DtB peeps are trying to make him the character we love to hate instead of him just simply adore like most did last season. The change was sort of jarring for me at first, but it's growing on me. It shows him in an interesting new light. From a story standpoint, it's pretty cool.

Also, the humor is amazing in this episode. Nothing storywise to theorize on, unfortunately. But I'm sure there'll be plenty more to theorize on next episode. Oh, and for whoever was confused, Kirihara's name was changed when she joined this mysterious Section 3 group who's working to take out Hei. An amusing plot twist will be when Hei rejects her and she then hooks up with the lightsaber chick.

I lol'd so hard when I heard Hei say undulation. This season is amazing. Great fights and great humor. Story will unfold I'm sure and we'll all get gobsmacked by it. If not, then I'll at least enjoy the ride. XD
Oct 31, 2009 8:58 PM
Mar 2009
Good episode, they're taking Hei's cruelty to the extreme here though. Anyways, I feel these episodes are necessary for character development, particularly for Suou. I'd like to see how this pans out in the end.
Nov 1, 2009 2:38 AM

Jan 2008
I like this new season of DtB.

It's like I'm really watching an abusive alcoholic!

Also:

AkagiNov 1, 2009 3:36 AM
Nov 1, 2009 3:17 AM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
francismeunier said:

Actually contractors remember everything. The problem is they can feel like they did. Also the fact that Suou still wants to go to Tokyo and find her brother is obvious that she remembers more than hate.
As i understood from watching Darker than Black, contractors despite what they say, can feel love, hate, despair and everything we feel. The problem is in what degree, how they feel them and the fact that all of them seem to develop a certain apathetic behavior.

So their senses of feeling are just diminished more than when they were not contractors? Is that a price to bear of being a contractor?

Nov 1, 2009 5:41 AM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
Monad said:
francismeunier said:

Actually contractors remember everything. The problem is they can't feel like they did. Also the fact that Suou still wants to go to Tokyo and find her brother is obvious that she remembers more than hate.

So their senses of feeling are just diminished more than when they were not contractors? Is that a price to bear of being a contractor?

I'll say their feelings become a little twisted along with new characteristics like apathy and staff. It's a very strange situation.
Nov 1, 2009 5:57 AM

Jul 2009
and suou says she is already a woman.

"solid wings that prevent leakage.." "you can't fly without wings" are quotes of the episode
Nov 1, 2009 7:12 AM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
francismeunier said:
Monad said:
francismeunier said:

I'll say their feelings become a little twisted along with new characteristics like apathy and staff. It's a very strange situation.

So chaos and confusion of their emotions is the price that comes with these abilities?

Nov 1, 2009 11:38 AM
Jun 2008
*praying for Kirahara/Hei being a kanon paring and a scene "Kirahara is shaving Hei" - the more razor the better*

*this season couldn't be better*
Nov 1, 2009 12:39 PM

Oct 2009
Akagi said:

Also:

LOL xD you're sooo right hahahah

Dude I'm so stupid for not noticing that Suou has her periode -_- (I watched the episode 3 times and I didn't know that...)

--------------->off to watch for the 4th time =D
Hei_And_Ed_LoverNov 1, 2009 1:00 PM
Nov 1, 2009 1:38 PM

Nov 2008
KingDeadKira said:

Yeah, sure was nice episode, lol.
and this one is cuter..

Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Nov 1, 2009 3:28 PM

Jul 2008
funny ep... July was so cute^^ and Hei stop drinkin and hittin Suou!!! poor kid. If this goes on we need to get Hei to rehab. :P

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Nov 1, 2009 3:34 PM
Nov 2008
I love the new season :)
Though I hate Hei and am in love with suou now :3

Hei looks like an antisocial now with this jacket, his beard and the ponytail. I am a bit sad that suou is a contractor now :c i liked her being an innocent emotional girl.
Oh and what's her contract payment? Does she have one?
Nov 1, 2009 3:50 PM
Jul 2009
DESU_USED said:
I love the new season :)
Though I hate Hei and am in love with suou now :3

Hei looks like an antisocial now with this jacket, his beard and the ponytail. I am a bit sad that suou is a contractor now :c i liked her being an innocent emotional girl.
Oh and what's her contract payment? Does she have one?

Her renumeration is, I think, to fold crane origami
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.