Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 28, 2014 1:17 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode.
So, that woman at the cemitery, was the Mado's wife?
And that guy who pickpocked Kaneki, is he related to Mado's too?

Kaneki's friend, he really knows the truth.
And some big battle is coming.
Aug 28, 2014 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
woah shit is about to hit the fan

nice to have some background on tohka and her family, before her brother comes to 20th district
Aug 28, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2013
Yay family meeting next ep
Aug 28, 2014 1:38 PM

Apr 2012
Freaky seeing Rize's reflection through that drinking glass
Looks like Hide knows a lot more than meets the eye.
Family conflict will be interesting :P

Aug 28, 2014 1:53 PM

Jul 2012
Mich666 said:
-Okami said:
`-` I thought that there would be 24 episodes???

Yes, either they changed it to split-cour or they put stop on it completely. Anime had like 3k BD pre-orders only. I don't know how it stands now but numbers for it are supposedly very low.
I doubt there would be any sequel, take it as promo series to manga.
Rize background won't be resolved in this part.

In my opinion if they would have been faithful to the manga the sales couldn't boost to reach the sky but at least sell decently.
But the god damn studio pierrot done this? No,they butchered and messed up with the arcs and it ended a failure like Baby Steps.I swear they should stop making this kind of adaptations and hire new people for character designs.

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Aug 28, 2014 1:55 PM
Jan 2011
They should have made this 26 episodes. Its going to get cut off by the time we see badass Kaneki.
Aug 28, 2014 2:23 PM

Mar 2013
good episode ^-^

No action but we have some plot progress yeah !
New characters are introduced... Flashback about Touka chan...

Looking forward to the next episode !!!
Aug 28, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
Hm, was nice to see Mado and Amon first meeting.
And members of the new team..

Lil' Touko :D Flashback regarding her family was good.

Oh boy, all that buildup. A big battle is ahead. With that many ghouls heading over to the 20th Ward.
Aug 28, 2014 2:53 PM

Dec 2011
Awwwww, a young and kawaii Amon... and here comes Mado with mad skills lol.

That's one less dangerous ghoul granny lurking around thanks to Mado.

LOL, now that's the quite the disguise Hinami had there to be honest.

Thy sorrow has been noted and thus a bird we have sent you! Powerful words of those above that have sent Hetare to Hinami.

So Kaneki is investigating Rize's past since he has had his body possessed by her quite a few times now.

LOL, Kaneki bumped into a weird guy and got pickpocketed XD.

Damn Hide's really smart and a good detective to be honest.

I wonder if Amon will receive more weirdos as reinforcements... well... they seem to be rather plain/normal for the moment.

Ah right, the woman that was visiting the cemetery when Amon was leaving was probably Mado's wife... erm widow now I guess...

So we got to see a little bit of Touka's past... damn she was a cutie :3 and it seems Kaneki also lost his parent at a young age.

Awwww, Hinami got her hair cut :3

Ohooooo, Touka blushed... the time for Kaneki to tap some ghoul ass might be coming... I should stop thinking about perverted things to be honest T.T

Hide's in trouble and it seems that the 20th weird in under siege... was that Renji voice from Bleach I just heard O.o

It would seems Touka's younger brother is a badass from the 11th ward and one the ghouls I'd like to call evil.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 28, 2014 2:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
-Resident- said:

ninjastarforcex said:
and suzuya voice is too girly, heck, who is the seiyuu? its so bad tbh

So true, and to be honest I have no idea.

It's Kugimiya Rie :o

Anyways, I like Kaji Yuuki as Ayato. I love it when he does antagonist roles ^^ But hmm, this episode definitely does feel a little all over the place. Kaneki, you better watch out! All these people after you/Rize.
Aug 28, 2014 3:02 PM
Sep 2013
Lots of history here, Rize really messed with a lot of ghouls. Touka brother seems like a badass. Kaneki wanting to know about Rize's past looks like It wont be a simple thing to do at all. shit looks like its about to hit the fan.
Aug 28, 2014 3:21 PM

Oct 2012
Not much happened today, but it was a nice setup for the next chapter. Loads of new ghouls being introduced, apparently.
Aug 28, 2014 3:22 PM

Mar 2014
It seems like this anime is trying too hard to fit stuff in and go really fast.. I'm planning on reading the manga but for you manga readers is this going too fast or what?

I appreciate the episode but it was everywhere

And who the hell is Rize actually.. A lot of people want to get their hands on her.. Even Jason.. The hell she do? Offer herself or something?

And Hide is hiding something
TheGrandSage23Aug 28, 2014 3:26 PM
Aug 28, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2013
The story is heading to the last arc of the anime, now things will be much more interesting, even without fights was a good episode, but I hope that the struggles in the next episode will be very good ..
Aug 28, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2014
I don't read the manga.

Hence i felt that episode 9 was epic with so many new characters being introduce. I think they introduce 4 characters at one go?
1. Touka's Brother
2. Amon new partner
3. The lady who visit Mado's grave
4. The guy who pickpocket Ken

Oh wow this anime is sure in the rush.

Also with the flashback of Touka and Hide saw Jason.

I guess I have to read the manga in order to understand.
Aug 28, 2014 3:58 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yeahhhhhhhh.......I need to read the manga now because I feel like a lot of things will be or has already been left out or jumpled up
Aug 28, 2014 4:03 PM

Jun 2013
Up next in Family Feud XD
Aug 28, 2014 4:12 PM
Jul 2013
onee-san vs onii-san

goddamn world war 3
Aug 28, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
Very interesting episode. Miss Rize seems to be quite an important figure among the community of ghouls. I'm looking forward to seeing Toka's brother more.

Also, RIP Mado :( I actually liked that guy even though he seemed insane.
Aug 28, 2014 4:31 PM

Mar 2014
Well, lots of talking in this episode, at least there was some back stories.
Aug 28, 2014 4:57 PM
May 2014
My favorite part was the ending credits. That's my jam!
Aug 28, 2014 5:35 PM

Jun 2013
pretty slow episode with many flash backs
Aug 28, 2014 5:49 PM

Dec 2008
I'd love to see Uta kick some ass!

Why does this only have 12 episodes?

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 28, 2014 6:06 PM

Jan 2013
All the "good stuff" will be in the 2nd season with the new Kaneki...if there is one. I can't see this getting wrapped up in 3 episodes.
Aug 28, 2014 6:44 PM

Dec 2013
I'm still thoroughly enjoying this anime, though maybe that's because I haven't read the manga yet.

Regardless, I'm so conflicted because I feel bad for Amon, but he's also trying to kill ghouls because he doesn't understand much about them.

Also, the scene with Touka and her family made me smile. But apparently her brother isn't good?

Excited for next week! I'm starting the manga now though, so I may read further.
Aug 28, 2014 6:59 PM

Aug 2014
Whoa, so many new characters got introduced. Honestly, the beginning and the end were the only interesting bits.

Beginning made me feel even worse for Mado, how can you dislike the guy. I assume the woman heading to his grave was his wife? Well, poor Amon, the newbies don't look too promising.

At the end i was glad Jason got shown. I'm wondering why everyone is searching for Rize, though. Was she that powerful? Well, it's Kaneki's problem now, lol.

3/5 again.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Aug 28, 2014 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good episode seems like a lot is about to go down.
Aug 28, 2014 7:46 PM

Sep 2013
So this is why the switched the arcs around :O to make it flow better and faster, I think there is gonna be one big a$$ cliffhanger at the end hahaha XD

Mado :( he was just a quinque and revenge freak.
Ayato, I hate him already :(
Aug 28, 2014 7:49 PM

Apr 2014
Maledict said:
Whoa, so many new characters got introduced. Honestly, the beginning and the end were the only interesting bits.

Beginning made me feel even worse for Mado, how can you dislike the guy. I assume the woman heading to his grave was his wife? Well, poor Amon, the newbies don't look too promising.

At the end i was glad Jason got shown. I'm wondering why everyone is searching for Rize, though. Was she that powerful? Well, it's Kaneki's problem now, lol.

3/5 again.

Mado's Hottie daughter Who knew?. ^.^

Aug 28, 2014 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
I generally prefer short series, but damn. This one definitely needs two cours.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 28, 2014 8:26 PM

Oct 2011
War OMG!!!!!!

Touko has a brother : 0

Hide saw Jason NOOOOO. Does he......... T____T
Aug 28, 2014 8:34 PM

Mar 2014
So many new characters introduced! I hope they decide to make a second season. I mean Kaneki doesn't even have white hair yet and its already episode 9.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 28, 2014 8:47 PM

Jul 2013
StrawberryRain said:
So many new characters introduced! I hope they decide to make a second season. I mean Kaneki doesn't even have white hair yet and its already episode 9.

Why would you want a 2nd season with this kind of adaptation? Sure, it's interesting enough as a stand-alone but it could have been a lot better. A new adaptation of the 1st season with 26 eps by I.G. Port or Madhouse would be the only thing I'm hoping for right now. Let's hope this anime brings a great boost to the manga after its run time to ensure a new adaptation just like FMAB.

Aug 28, 2014 8:55 PM
Oct 2009
I was excited to hear Namikawa Daisuke's, Kaji Yuki's, and Ito Kentaro's voices in this episode.
Aug 28, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2012
This show needs more episodes. Looking forward to next week.
Aug 28, 2014 9:57 PM

Mar 2013
I hope ghouls have good immune systems. That girl picking up that dying bird made me cringe.

If I was her I would've kicked that disease-ridden piece of filth off the balcony and thrown the shoes away afterwards.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 28, 2014 10:36 PM

May 2013
Really wish this was a 24 episode series so that it could be a better adaption.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 28, 2014 10:47 PM

Oct 2013
Is everyone watching the series already familiar with the manga or something? Shit, seems like every post here is from someone comparing the episode to the manga.

As someone not familiar with the manga... I have no idea what's going on in that final scene. One ward is attacking another? Was there any indication previously that this was going to happen? 'Cause I feel like there should have been/was and I missed it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 28, 2014 10:55 PM
Oct 2012
It's a lot to take in seeing all those characters at once for me lol. As usual the changes that happened I didn't like, but the episode was exciting. In the manga Touka is completely useless at cutting hair and ruins Hinami's fringe, did they make her good at it so she would get complicated and act all tsundere or something?
I saw someone that shouldn't be here yet, I hope it's just a small appearance. It'd be nuts if they shoved in characters that aren't supposed to be there with all the ones they just introduced.
And Kaneki's little habit didn't show up.
Aug 28, 2014 10:59 PM

Apr 2011
To everyone going "Wtf is happening?!"

All will be revealed soon. The ending was just a short intro of the next arc :)
Aug 28, 2014 11:01 PM

Feb 2012
Terrible backstories, terrible characters. If this anime was a cannibal, it would only eat dicks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2014 11:11 PM
Feb 2014
lol, recommend everyone to go read the manga. Anime has some slight changes compare to the manga.
~~~
Aug 28, 2014 11:37 PM

Apr 2014
EasyGo-er said:
StrawberryRain said:

Why would you want a 2nd season with this kind of adaptation? Sure, it's interesting enough as a stand-alone but it could have been a lot better. A new adaptation of the 1st season with 26 eps by I.G. Port or Madhouse would be the only thing I'm hoping for right now. Let's hope this anime brings a great boost to the manga after its run time to ensure a new adaptation just like FMAB.

Well They took some of the episodes seriously and Its surprisingly good.Episode 1,,8,9.
If only they did that for the rest of the episodes.
That and I'm pissed as a manga reader that Kaneki is thinking he's being possessed by Rize.
I just hope that in the "Chair scene" its not Rize doing everything for him >.>

Also rooting for Tokyo ghoul :Brotherhood.

Aug 28, 2014 11:38 PM

Nov 2009
The new background scores hit me in the feels. Amazing stuff. This episode did feel a bit rushed at times with a LOT of new characters appearing all at once but I really don't mind it since all it did was hype me up even more for newer, more interesting possibilities and scenarios. Hide is fleshing out really well. I hope he plays a major part later on. I'm also curious about the pickpocketer and uhm, possibly Mado's wife in the graveyard? Overall, I LOVED IT!
Aug 28, 2014 11:57 PM

Mar 2012
DJR_MAL said:
lol, recommend everyone to go read the manga. Anime has some slight changes compare to the manga.

Slight? What are you saying? ... They skipped a lot of scenes, it's not just "slight changes". Fuuu I wanted to see the bird scene at Touka's house :c

I just noticed, all the strongest characters have white hair ._. Yomo, Manager, Arima Kishou, Kaneki, Madou Kureo, even Suzuya Juuzou, wtf? I hadn't noticed in the manga (well, there's no way I would notice cuz it's manga ._.), this is interesting data.
Aug 29, 2014 12:10 AM

Jun 2009
b1GZZ said:

I just noticed, all the strongest characters have white hair ._. Yomo, Manager, Arima Kishou, Kaneki, Madou Kureo, even Suzuya Juuzou, wtf? I hadn't noticed in the manga (well, there's no way I would notice cuz it's manga ._.), this is interesting data.

How could you not notice in the manga? The art may be black and white, but it's still pretty easy to tell when a character has white hair or silver hair. Though, to be honest, I must have forgotten that Arima had white hair. Well, he had only made brief appearances up to where I am in the manga so I probably didn't think much about it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 29, 2014 12:13 AM

Mar 2013
kickmesign said:
Terrible backstories, terrible characters. If this anime was a cannibal, it would only eat dicks.

That means you're watching a dick.

Watching a dick makes you gay. Wow what a faggot you are.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 29, 2014 12:39 AM

Apr 2009
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Touko's little brother Ayato appeared at the end.

Which was oh so predicatable. I dunno, I find this anime to be kinda bad. Mainly because of how much a loser the main character is.
Maybe I'll try the manga, since everybody says that it is better, because I hate that main character so much. For some reason I don't like his voice either.

Aug 29, 2014 12:46 AM

Jan 2014
A lot of new interesting characters popping in, Touka's brother being one of them.

I love the new outfit that Hinami is wearing :3

three more episodes to go, please end it properly, don't rush the details and make season 2 ^^
Aug 29, 2014 1:16 AM

Jul 2012
So the hunt for Riza begins.

Great episode!!!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.