Forum Settings
Forums

US journalist beheaded by ISIS terrorist group

New
Aug 19, 2014 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
UPDATE: US announced 14 air strikes after release of the video of James Foley's execution

Don't know what ISIS is? Click here

Here's a link that's safe.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/world/meast/isis-james-foley/
ISIS beheads US journalist James Foley as a threat to America. They want the execution to be a threat to make the US cease military operations.

His final words before being beheaded
"I wish I had more time. I wish I could have the hope for freedom to see my family once again"

Here's the video without the beheading. (NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grb_HHBGhoU

Here's the video with the beheading (NSFW)(NSFL)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bc1_1408481278

Script of the video

Steven Sotloff is another journalist captured by ISIS militants. ISIS threatened that he's next if the US does not cease intervention.
Do you believe this video is actually going to dent military operations or increase further US military involvement?
PeenusWeenusCaimAug 21, 2014 12:16 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 19, 2014 5:41 PM
Jul 2012
The way they behead people just terrifies me. It's like trying to slice meat with a dull knife.
Aug 19, 2014 5:47 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, killing an American journalist will sure make America leave ISIS alone. Fantastic plan.
Aug 19, 2014 5:48 PM

Nov 2008
Time to re-institute Guantanamo Bay style punishments for terrorists and more, especially the electrocutions. We need to grab some of the ISIS militants and shock them good.

Aug 19, 2014 6:37 PM

Jun 2014
Muslim guy has british accent
Aug 19, 2014 6:47 PM

Oct 2013
i must admit they executed him with dignity and it was very clean, i was not expecting that. further more his last words were not too far from the truth on how America does things now.

as for the ISIS member, he spoke great English, i was about to say he either studied at a College in America or the UK. great tactic really. study your enemy in their own country.
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
Aug 19, 2014 6:53 PM

Oct 2012
well what did you expect? also it looks fake since we did not see the head being cut off
UTSANOMIKOAug 19, 2014 7:01 PM
RRRRRRRRRR
Aug 19, 2014 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
I just watched the video of it happening quite insane and sad. :/
Aug 19, 2014 6:57 PM

Jan 2009
america will retaliate with freedom and democracy, you can be sure of it
Aug 19, 2014 6:58 PM

Nov 2012
The video looks so whack though.
Aug 19, 2014 6:59 PM

Mar 2013
Nope said:
The video looks so whack though.
It looks something that comes out of a movie.
Aug 19, 2014 7:03 PM

Nov 2013
Who cares? The Mexican Drug Cartel cuts peoples' heads off every day. Big whoop.
Aug 19, 2014 8:40 PM

Jun 2008
Let's remember why they are doing all of this....

Because they believe their god commands them to do so....that their god is not only real but the one true god and everyone else...EVERYONE except themselves are wrong and deserve death if they don't join their side.
Aug 19, 2014 11:26 PM

Jan 2013
D4nnySw4g said:
Muslim guy has british accent
Several people from London, France, Africa, and US have actually immigrated to the Middle East for ISIS. A year ago a British soldier was beheaded on the streets by two men, both were Christians that had converted to Islam.
Aug 19, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
That's why I'm no journalist.
Aug 20, 2014 12:08 AM

Sep 2013
I think journalists should be classified as combatants. They're fighting the propaganda war for their countries.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Aug 20, 2014 12:55 AM

Mar 2012
During the British occupation of India, there was a practice of widows being burned alive, called Sati. The British authorities rightfully outlawed this horrible practice. One day, a couple of Hindu priests came to Charles James Napier, the Commander-in-Chief of India, and complained about the ban on Sati, claiming that it was a long-standing and important cultural practice. His response:

Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs.

America should have a similar policy to captured and convicted terrorists. We should hang them, and then dunk their bodies in pig-fat, and then cremate them and dump the ashes in a trash-heap. If the Muslim extremist uses his religion as an excuse, then we should use the tools of his religion against him and desecrate his body so that he can find no salvation.
Let's go bowling.
Aug 20, 2014 1:04 AM

Jul 2013
I want to watch the video with the beheading but I want to sleep early tonight. Damn.
Aug 20, 2014 1:18 AM

Jun 2008
StopDropAndBowl said:
America should have a similar policy to captured and convicted terrorists. We should hang them, and then dunk their bodies in pig-fat, and then cremate them and dump the ashes in a trash-heap. If the Muslim extremist uses his religion as an excuse, then we should use the tools of his religion against him and desecrate his body so that he can find no salvation.

So, you would anger an entire faith to stop the most extreme portion of said faith?

Hmm...let me try this out.

We should castrate and then rape with sharp objects ALL catholic priests who raped little boys.....which by my count is a SHIT LOAD of catholic priests.

Now how do you think regular catholics would react to that?

I personally might hate ALL religion to the core, but even I wouldn't want to inflict something so horrible on any religion because I know that A) it's inhumane, regardless of what they've done....and B) it would just make moderates turn into extremists.

So what should be done?

I'll be frank and say I don't know, because even with ALL the horrific stuff I keep hearing about this group, I am very conflicted about the U.S having ANY involvement on this whatsoever.
Aug 20, 2014 1:28 AM

Jul 2013
JustALEX said:
catholic priests who raped little boys.....which by my count is a SHIT LOAD of catholic priests.
catholic priests do that? wtf. (and hey, I'm a catholic myself so I don't want anyone confusing that statement as a start for a shitstorm of religion bashing.)
Aug 20, 2014 1:34 AM

Jun 2008
PrimeX said:
JustALEX said:
catholic priests who raped little boys.....which by my count is a SHIT LOAD of catholic priests.
catholic priests do that? wtf. (and hey, I'm a catholic myself so I don't want anyone confusing that statement as a start for a shitstorm of religion bashing.)

Have you been under a rock the past decade or so?

Catholic priests have been fucking little boys like crazy, and we're not even talking about touching or even oral....we're talking about straight up anal hardcore shit.

And yeah, it's not just one or two...it's a LOT!
Aug 20, 2014 1:40 AM

Jul 2013
JustALEX said:
PrimeX said:

Have you been under a rock the past decade or so?

Catholic priests have been fucking little boys like crazy, and we're not even talking about touching or even oral....we're talking about straight up anal hardcore shit.

And yeah, it's not just one or two...it's a LOT!
well I haven't heard that kind of news happening here in my country only those rare cases of priests having intimate relationships with women which I personally think is not that big of a deal since they're also men. But fucking little boys earns a one-way ticket to hell for me.
Aug 20, 2014 2:15 AM

Oct 2009
This is really disgusting, another radical pothead thinking shooting the messenger was a good idea to prove a point. The world should quickly respond to this escalating idiocracy.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisAug 21, 2014 9:00 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 20, 2014 3:00 AM

Mar 2012
JustALEX said:

So, you would anger an entire faith to stop the most extreme portion of said faith?

If a Christian extremist cult were engaging in terrorism, and had strong beliefs concerning the treatment of their corpses, and the response by a Muslim country they were terrorizing was to desecrate the corpse of said terrorist as a deterrent against said terrorism, would I be angry, or outraged?

Nope.

I'd applaud them. Because the truth is that God doesn't care one way or another about your corpse. But they do care, and if hurting them stops their terrorism, then I'll hurt them. And if desecrating their body makes their "martyrdom" useless, then I'll desecrate their corpse. And if moderate Muslims grow angry, then I'll ask them:

"So you're more angry about what I do with the body of a murderer than the murder?"

We should castrate and then rape with sharp objects ALL catholic priests who raped little boys.....which by my count is a SHIT LOAD of catholic priests.

Now how do you think regular catholics would react to that?

I think we should hang child molesters. I don't think we should torture them, because torture is wrong. Just like I don't think we should torture terrorists. But we should sure as shit hang their asses. And we should sure as shit let them know that being a terrorist means going to hell, one way or another.

I am very conflicted about the U.S having ANY involvement on this whatsoever.

Normally, I would be too. However:

1) They just beheaded an American citizen.
and
2) We can't just abandon Iraq. We fucked it up, we need to fix it.
Let's go bowling.
Aug 20, 2014 5:15 AM

Oct 2010
Don't watch the uncensored version unless you have your blood pressure pills at hand.
Aug 20, 2014 6:50 AM
May 2014
JustALEX said:
Let's remember why they are doing all of this....

Because they believe their god commands them to do so....that their god is not only real but the one true god and everyone else...EVERYONE except themselves are wrong and deserve death if they don't join their side.

Islamic scriptures like the Quran do not explicitly encourage or promote acts of terrorism. It is usually the misinterpretation of religious scripture by extremists, that leads them to commit violence in the name of God or religion. And the motives are usually never for religious purposes and religion is usually only brought up to justify their actions and as most non-Muslim majority countries are ignorant about Islam just as much as say Hinduism (a pretty popular name, but most don't know what it is just like Islam), people would eat it up that that is what the religion teaches and shall be careful blaming without offend religious groups. The only terrorists that do it for religion and don't use religion as an excuse are individual terrorists and most of the time they usually have a background of some sort of psychiatric disorders, "normal" terror organizations always has some sort of agenda that does not include religion, may it be political, power or money, trying to spread awareness of their or their neighbor country's struggle that no one seems to care to interfere in, they always has that agenda, no well-organized religious terror group do it solely on religion, that's just a misconception from the media that people tend to believe in.
Sunni-MuslimAug 20, 2014 10:40 AM
Aug 20, 2014 7:41 AM

May 2013
Brutes.

Makes me sick the Western world has even let it get that bad.
Aug 20, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
I just watched a guy get his head chopped off and I'm totally okay with it...
Aug 20, 2014 7:55 AM
Nov 2008
cute how they think of obama as more than a figure head.
Aug 20, 2014 9:51 AM

Jan 2009
Supergrunt8 said:
Don't watch the uncensored version unless you have your blood pressure pills at hand.

Don't worry, it should have been removed from Youtube by now and I'm too lazy to look for other video portals/online sources or to even go to the deep web in case it would be needed.
Besides, I don't like watching propaganda material.

[quote=StopDropAndBowl]
JustALEX said:

I am very conflicted about the U.S having ANY involvement on this whatsoever.

Normally, I would be too. However:

1) They just beheaded an American citizen.
and
2) We can't just abandon Iraq. We fucked it up, we need to fix it.

1) To me it seems like a sacrifice to manipulate influence the masses against a common enemy.
2) Yes you can. It might even help with everything: the US-economy, the safety of the USA and the stability of the region.

GoMarcia said:
Hoppy said:
Time to re-institute Guantanamo Bay style punishments for terrorists and more, especially the electrocutions. We need to grab some of the ISIS militants and shock them good.

+1

-1 since you can't know who is considered a "terrorist" in the future. Have fun living in a potential dictatorship if this goes on like that.

Shiratori99 said:
I think journalists should be classified as combatants. They're fighting the propaganda war for their countries.

There are still people here who don't let their emotions manipulate themselves run wild, nice.^^
NoboruAug 20, 2014 10:53 AM
Aug 20, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
Noboru said:
Don't worry, it should have been removed from Youtube by now and I'm too lazy to look for other video portals or to even go to the deep web.

lol, liveleak is now deep web?
your waifu is shit
Aug 20, 2014 10:48 AM

Jan 2009
DerpHole said:
Noboru said:
Don't worry, it should have been removed from Youtube by now and I'm too lazy to look for other video portals or to even go to the deep web.

lol, liveleak is now deep web?

Read again, there are two options mentioned. Well, it's partly my fault for writing "video portals" instead of "other (video) sources" in general or not explicitly including them with (normal) video portals.

edit: Fixed that sentence. I hope it's easier to understand it now.

VudisAug 21, 2014 9:08 AM
Aug 20, 2014 3:41 PM

Oct 2009
Why did the American who got beheaded throw his everybody under the bus?

He's the one who decided to go that war-torn hellhole, is he not? If Obama or his brother in the air force drugged him and then dropped him there, I'll take back my words.

I dont understand why he thinks he'd be safe in a place run by what his nation's government designates as a terrorist outfit.

Guy's incredibly lucky to be born in a rich North American country, but decides to go to enemy territory.
Aug 20, 2014 4:17 PM

Mar 2014
Hoppy said:

you wouldn't take them alive anyway...

VudisAug 21, 2014 9:09 AM
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Aug 20, 2014 4:19 PM

Mar 2014
That's what you get when you be a dumb fuck and go to 3rd world countries that hate the civilized world.
Aug 20, 2014 4:37 PM

Jan 2009
This country has been a mess since Bush fucked it up 11 years ago.
Aug 20, 2014 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
I didn't watch it's just so sad that these sadist murderers claim Islam to be their motive ,white it's clearly their hate for the US and what they did to the country of Iraq and its people . RIP James Foley .

It just make wanna puke whenever they think they are actually are Muslims or human beings at all.
Aug 20, 2014 6:50 PM
Jul 2012
Anyone notice the second hostage at the end of the video and the ISIS guy said something along the lines of "This mans life depends on your decision Obama" referring to the airstrikes?

Today Obama responded that they will still continue the drone strikes. I feel kinda bad just thinking about how that second prisoner feels right now knowing he's gonna die soon.
Aug 21, 2014 6:26 AM

Jul 2014
John_Smithsu said:
Anyone notice the second hostage at the end of the video and the ISIS guy said something along the lines of "This mans life depends on your decision Obama" referring to the airstrikes?

Today Obama responded that they will still continue the drone strikes. I feel kinda bad just thinking about how that second prisoner feels right now knowing he's gonna die soon.

The 2nd guy is possibly already dead right now as we speak. There is no need for the terrorists to keep him alive. All they need to do is to record his murder, release it on the internet when the bombings continue, and claim that they killed him "just now"

Besides, even if they don't kill him, there is no way in hell that they'll release him either and he would most likely be tortured for as long as he lives.
Aug 21, 2014 6:54 AM

Feb 2010
DerpHole said:
Udgey said:
Don't know what ISIS is?

It's the place where Archer works, duh.

Literally my first and only thought.

Anyway, it sucks but it's part of the risk of being a journalist.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 21, 2014 7:53 AM

Oct 2010
John_Smithsu said:

They probably came to terms with their deaths days before the terrorist recorded them. Or atleast I hope they did.
Aug 21, 2014 9:20 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned
Removed spam and trolling.
You really need to calm it down with those subjects.

OT:
Those last words were pretty powerful, although staged.
Although I'm not sure what the point of censoring the cutting was? Looked like it wasn't a clean kill at all, the poor guy probably suffered too.
Aug 21, 2014 10:05 AM

Mar 2014
that dude at least died like a man. he didin't cried like others.
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Aug 21, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
Siscon2000 said:
that dude at least died like a man. he didin't cried like others.
That's because he most likely went through mock executions. He actually had to practice his death.
Vudis said:

Those last words were pretty powerful, although staged.
Although I'm not sure what the point of censoring the cutting was? Looked like it wasn't a clean kill at all, the poor guy probably suffered too.
They forced him to say negative things about the US during the execution. They probably didn't want the video to record him say things like "I take that back" or "God help me" once he realized that he's going to die
Aug 21, 2014 11:37 AM

Apr 2012
damn beheading someone with a small knife *cringe*
good thing the NSFW live leak was partially censored. Don't think I could have stomached the whole thing lol

Aug 21, 2014 4:49 PM

Mar 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
DerpHole said:

It's the place where Archer works, duh.

Literally my first and only thought.

Anyway, it sucks but it's part of the risk of being a journalist.

Mod who deleted my post didn't get the joke
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 21, 2014 5:02 PM

Jun 2013
The video doesn't show most of the beheading anyway, just the end result of it and the first stab. It blacks out right before it gets messy.

Also, how the heck did that guy's clothes not get bloodied? Do they have anti blood clothing lines?
Aug 21, 2014 11:22 PM

Jan 2014
JustALEX said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

While I share your sentiments of dismay and anger at the inhuman behavior displayed by these ISIS thugs, I think you let your emotions sway you a bit too much when you posted the above. There is no need to stoop to the level of ISIS, a quick clean death and disposal with dignity is sufficient treatment for our enemies. God knows we don't need to be doing anything to add more fuel to the irrational fires of radical hate.

JustALEX said:
I'll be frank and say I don't know, because even with ALL the horrific stuff I keep hearing about this group, I am very conflicted about the U.S having ANY involvement on this whatsoever.
Agreed it's not an easy subject. I believe that the US government must do what is best for Americans even if that means taking the fight to our enemies. But we also need to know when to cut our losses in order to protect our best interests as well. Iraq is much, much worse now after our intervention there than it was 15 years ago. It may be time for us to just let the situation play out without our involvement and see if we can come to some sort of terms with whoever eventually wrests control of that region.
Aug 21, 2014 11:28 PM

Jan 2014
Jackrabb1t said:
JustALEX said:

While I share your sentiments of dismay and anger at the inhuman behavior displayed by these ISIS thugs, I think you let your emotions sway you a bit too much when you posted the above. There is no need to stoop to the level of ISIS, a quick clean death and disposal with dignity is sufficient treatment for our enemies. God knows we don't need to be doing anything to add more fuel to the irrational fires of radical hate.

JustALEX said:
Agreed it's not an easy subject. I believe that the US government must do what is best for Americans even if that means taking the fight to our enemies. But we also need to know when to cut our losses in order to protect our best interests as well. Iraq is much, much worse now after our intervention there than it was 15 years ago. It may be time for us to just let the situation play out without our involvement and see if we can come to some sort of terms with whoever eventually wrests control of that region.

I'm not a US citizen, but I still think it would be wise for the US to aid certain parties when they can. The problem with intervention comes when they are more focused on their profit (oil really has the world by the balls), rather than the welfare of the people.

As for the treatment of the terrorists, that is a whole other issue to itself. Kill them cleanly and they become martyrs and even more emboldened. Sometimes weakening morale is more effective than simply taking lives.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.