Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 17, 2014 10:27 AM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aoba and Koujaku entered Platinum Jail!
What happened to the pacing though... this was so rushed. :/
Anyway it's a pretty good Koujaku episode. I really like how they do the scrap scenes.
Koujaku got his own ED! I'm gonna assume the others are getting one, too? I hope so.

EDIT: Okay it's confirmed that there are going to be different ending songs for the next episodes. In this episode it's "By My Side" by Itou Kanako. The CD including this song (together with the other endings) will be out on September 24. Source
onodaAug 17, 2014 12:01 PM
Aug 17, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
rip ryuuhou
Aug 17, 2014 11:30 AM
Jan 2010
OMG AT THIS EPISODE

It was really great. The animation, the music, pretty good. The only problem I had was that everything felt very rushed, but kind of inevitable when you fit almost a character's entire arc into one 20 minute episode.

And the ENDING was such a pleasant surprise, I loved it and I can't wait to see the other boys get their ending!

Looks like this will be the end of focus for Koujaku for now, he'll probably just be a background character with lines here and there.

Next week is Noiz's episode! Very excited about this.
Aug 17, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2014
I loved this episode!

That Ryuuhou -guy was lovely! ♥ It's sad that he died.. ;c I loved also that part when Aoba fell in Ryuuhous arms.

I think that DRAMAtical murders coloring is amazing and this episode was really successful.

I think that I didn't get what happened in the end? Why was Noiz(?) sitting there? And was that so that Aoba already left the Platinum Jail?
Aug 17, 2014 12:10 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Poor Koujaku.. That's some tough past he has!
Good seeing Aoba used his scrap ability and helped him rid of his former self.

Good episode. Did that tattoo guy die after all? O.o

Aug 17, 2014 12:28 PM
Oct 2013
He did yeah. In the game that's a major point in Koujaku's route, finally getting revenge on Ryuuhou.
Aug 17, 2014 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
I scream when I heard Itou Kanako's voice for ED (I usually goes straight to Twitter to rant when ED is playing at background hahaha) so I went to check the ED and ahhhhh <3333

Too fast, they're fast-forwarding everything way too fast but yeah, at least they covered a lot of major points in Koujaku's route. But still, hold the horse down yo!

Can't wait for Noiz's route next week !!
Aug 17, 2014 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
More like Aoba fell right on Ryuuho's dick......anyway...nice episode. Indeed,it was pretty rushed but that is to be expected (i personally would not mind if the anime was based only on Koujaku's route because Koujaku x Aoba is my OTP but yeah,lol...).
Nice ending...
And chibi Aoba is so moe!
Aug 17, 2014 12:52 PM

Feb 2009
At first I was so mad about this but then I came to like it a bit more. It was well done, the problem was that it felt so rushed and it wasn't as deep as the game.
I wish they at least left a few scenes of Koujaku going off on his own to show how much Aoba cared about him. The friendship would have been more deeper but oh well, the ending song made up for it I guess x3
ALSO WHY YOU NO LET OUT KOUJAKU'S HAIR OMG D:
[center]
Aug 17, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
Love this ep and ED its was great.

Aug 17, 2014 1:11 PM

Sep 2009
young!aoba and young!koujaku were absolutely precious. i definitely adored the flashbacks to the past. (that jerky animation when they were walking side by side at the end though. ha ha)

i was worried that they'd do koujaku's route (since it seemed like the most logical route to follow if they only did one because the true route is... interesting) since it doesn't really answer any questions about platinum jail and pretty much the overarching arc, but i really like how it looks like they're devoting an episode from now on to each main character. this method seems like it'll reveal the most about platinum jail, toue, etc and so far it wasn't too terrible. ovo

looks like noiz is up next. so excited. <3

ren with aoba's jacket and stuff was adorable.
Aug 17, 2014 1:16 PM
Aug 2013
woaaah, so that was rushed as hell, but I kinda expected it. Not bad overall though, i did like the few deviations they did. More excited about Noiz' route next week, it's like the episode I have been waiting for (though I'm sure they'll cute out all the good bits :'((( )

I guess this way they please everyone, thought I wished they had chosen one route to focus on.
watching anime was only meant to be hobby... I says whilst I neglect my studies and post on forums
Aug 17, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2014
Just holding hands?! Not even a hug?!?

In any case, that was touching, however rushed the pacing was ...
It would've been nice to have more time for drama when Ryuuhou's saying his piece but oh well.

xxSaspra said:
ren with aoba's jacket and stuff was adorable.

^
Aug 17, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2008
This was so rushed... Koujakus route is my favorite from the game and i thought the would at least spend two episodes on him. Q_Q" Well Kanako Itou singing the ending kinda made up for that.

Also were is Koujakus open hair? I mean IF you give service than give it right. °3°

Aug 17, 2014 1:36 PM

Mar 2013
Good episode.
expected it to be rushed considering this anime is only 1 cour, and had to fit an entire characters arc in one episode.

Still wished they added

If this anime was 2 cour the pacing or at least more then 12 episodes the pacing WOULD have been better. MEH.

I loved how they changed the ending :D
hearing Ito Kanako sing is always pleasant.

lol at the end, Noiz being a lil creeper there in the dark xD

A little note:
The title of the next episode is "Reply"
Noiz's good end song in reconnect is call "Your Reply"

Look forward to the next episode.
-LuhuiAug 17, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 17, 2014 1:48 PM

Feb 2009
Loved this episode and ending song was so good!

Can't wait for next one with Noizu ^////^
Aug 17, 2014 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
That was so rushed omg I wanted to see more of koujaku route :( I guess the next episodes will also be rushed. And that ending was perfect!!

Aug 17, 2014 2:35 PM

Jan 2011
So they are really going to play it this way, interesting.

1 episode per character + the final episode, confirmed.
Aug 17, 2014 2:36 PM

Apr 2014
I really really wish they had made this anime longer or had it cut into two seasons. I'm really enjoying it.

I also really wish they had spent 2 episodes on Koujaku's route. I feel like it didn't give it enough justice, or really show how lovely their friendship ~and love~ could be.
Aug 17, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
"I'm going to enter inside you" Seems legit.
Aug 17, 2014 3:32 PM
May 2014
A dig into koujaku's past this episode, a decent ED theme comapred to the other episodes but the OP still sucks in my opinion..

Not bad, didn't see too much of platinum jail though,
Aug 17, 2014 4:35 PM

Sep 2011
That was way too rushed, even more so than I expected. The whole conflict and revealing Koujaku's past was all so sudden that I couldn't feel anything for it at all.

Also, judging from the preview we're getting Noiz next week? So from that I assume that they might do an episode for each route...Oh god.
Aug 17, 2014 4:47 PM

Dec 2012
Aoba: Koujaku, I'm going to enter inside you.

Aoba bby you'll always be uke >////<

I really loved this episode, and the ending.
Aug 17, 2014 6:14 PM
Jul 2014
So yep, one boyfriend per episode it is, it looks like. And next up iiiiiiis...(puts on announcer guy voice XD) Noizu~~

So it looks like they're gonna show up one by one at Glitter? Does that mean that one morning, all the guys are gonna wake up, go downstairs, and see Clear....cooking...?

Wonder what they're gonna do with Mink's route. Is he gonna show up at Glitter at all? Considering what happens every time he and Aoba are staying in Glitter... and how most of his backstory are revealed only when they're in the tower, so maybe they'll skip the whole Glitter part, and just have Aoba and all the rest of the guys run into Mink at the tower?

And yay!! New songs for all the boyfriends!! Glad to see that they've not cut back on the music budget, as they did the animation budget! AlthoughtheyareprobablycountingontheCDsales...*cough*
Aug 17, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2012
The ending song was nice.

Im not enjoying this as much as I used to so I think Im going to drop it :/
Aug 17, 2014 7:53 PM

Apr 2014
Unh, I really don't want to drop this anime, but I really, really am confused and it's not living up to the expectations I had, especially because it has a terribly confusing plot which is probably better explained in the game but just a complete mess in the anime, and the art quality isn't really what I expected from this.

Nonetheless, I do have a few things to say about this episode. So dreams and hopes are concealed in an elite "jail", it seems. I'm not sure what would have motivated people to enter Platinum Jail solely based on its name- is there some deeper meaning that I'm not catching here? Does it, perhaps, refer to the status of the people jailed within its enclosures, seeing as they seem very urbane and wealthy? I suppose it's a jail to allow for experiments on these platinum people, if we're going to go with that thought, kind of like one massive testing center.

Platinum Jail reminds me of the lair of the lotus-eaters in Greek mythology. Once you get in, you're transfixed by all the wonders of the area and you'll never leave, perhaps fallen to the drug clubs or just the bright city lights. It's sinister and very creepy, and it seems like one of those places where you're constantly being watched. Not even private conversations are withheld from the people constantly monitoring the city.

Perhaps the numerous doors that Aoba had to go through when he tried to enter Koujaku's mind are representative of the walls Koujaku built up around is past. I read that he tries to hide the past of rage and pain by keeping a positive and gentle facade when around others. So the doors that Aoba opened, covered with ornate designs, indicate something that keeps up good appearances but is still superficial.

Ah, a different ending this time around! Will we see a different one for each of the potential love interests? I feel like if, as some people suggested, they just make one episode for each of the guys, I think it'll be a very unsatisfying and confusing ending.

So...I don't know if I should continue watching this. I guess I'm halfway through, so might as well...but it's really difficult to watch this one, at least for me.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 17, 2014 8:42 PM
Aug 2011
I don't like Kojaku so this episode was mostly below average to me.

Next up is my favorite boy!
Wish this had better visuals though since I can't say I approve the things that have been done to him so far and this one person per episode isn't boding well.

b1GZZ said:

The legitist.
standAug 17, 2014 8:46 PM
Aug 17, 2014 9:24 PM

Oct 2010
Cool episode! So they are going with every route. Hmm seems probable, but probably not the best thing, people would be too confused... just like when they went to "Glitter" they didn't explain that it came with the invitation or nothing, they should have planned a head, and rewatched these episodes before airing them... Next episode is Noiz... Heckkkkk Yea. but where's koujaku? Surely he didn't leave aoba like that... maybe? well for all those who missed the yaoi I'll give you a spoiler...
[spoiler] In the game Koujaku pretty much destroys aoba with some back breaking sex. I would type more on what's missing from the game, but there is a lot, and I mean A LOT of things missing from the koujaku route, hopefully it's not the same for Noiz's route... I just want the scene where he's like "Oh you're helping me because of this....Let me also help you....we're both male it'll be alright..." [ /spoiler]
Aug 17, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2010
I think people who didn't play the VN then this must be confusing as hell. They skipped alot of content too. Pretty rushed.

They didn't even include any BL moments. Disappointing. I want Clear's route. But if they gonna rush it like this and I don't get my

I'll be hella pissed off.
Aug 17, 2014 10:24 PM

Jun 2010
Like everybody else already pointed, this was a very rushed episode. Leaving that aside everything else was nice imo, and the rushed pace is comprehensible considering that this is a 12 episodes anime and it has more characters to cover.

I'm also looking forward to the next endings <3 and hopefully we'll at least get a decent glimpse of each route before finishing with the true ending.
Aug 18, 2014 12:14 AM

Dec 2012
b1GZZ said:

LOL

Rueby said:
I think people who didn't play the VN then this must be confusing as hell. They skipped alot of content too. Pretty rushed.

They didn't even include any BL moments. Disappointing. I want Clear's route. But if they gonna rush it like this and I don't get my

I'll be hella pissed off.

i'll be hella pissed if they skip over the scene where
that was my favorite scene in the entire vn, followed by

however, i think it might be inevitable.

SO RUSHED THO LOL

the ed of this episode had really cool animation. it just looked really awesome.
Aug 18, 2014 4:48 AM

Jul 2014
man the pacing is just all over the place - i can imagine that rather than leaving non-VN viewers emotional its just confusing as hell. i missed the scene where
but at least they had that ED. still... i have so many questions and i played the visual novel so?
still hopeful for noiz though.
Aug 18, 2014 6:28 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, that was ... a lot of info in this episode. So this tattoo artist guy knew Koujaku in the past and put the tattoo on him ... which also controlled him or someting? I'm kinda confused as to what exactly it was for :S All I know is that he went crazy and killed everyone including his mom ... well, from the first part where he was talking about protecting Tae and his mom to Aoba I kinda gathered that lol :P I guess at least Aoba's starting to get the hang of going into the minds of people? When he said "I'm going in you now" or something to Koujaku ... huehue
Really liked the new ED though! :D I wonder if the other charas will have their own ED as well? :O
Aug 18, 2014 7:49 AM

Sep 2009
Pretty good. I had no idea there was going to be a special ending

BUT THIS

i died
Aug 18, 2014 8:21 AM

Jan 2012
Oh wow this was so damn rushed... can't be helped but still... that's too bad ><

Quite liked the ED :D They did put a bit of effort in it oO
Really liked the change of background of everything except the face ><
Aug 18, 2014 9:24 AM

Jan 2014
As almost everyone said, the episode was too rushed, they didn't explain about stuff, like Glitter and Koujaku's backstory wasn't that deep either, but I guess it's understandable when they pulled each route in each episodes.. I wished the "ii yo" part, no can do TT_TT

And in the end of the episode I was already like "c'mon wtf, no yaoi scenes?" but at least there was that epic handhold and staring for like ten seconds... maybe 99% homo? xD jk
Aug 18, 2014 11:53 AM
Mar 2012
It felt a bit rushed, but I loved it anyway. Koujaku <3
I really loved the ED, too.

This thread feels like everyone knows the game. You're all like "hey, remember when -spoiler- it was nearly as cool as when -spoiler-" "Yeah, right but I liked -spoiler- better"
It's a bit annoying, you know.
Aug 18, 2014 12:32 PM
Mar 2014
i wanted aoba and koujaku to kiss
Aug 18, 2014 2:02 PM

Feb 2011
i loved it Q-Q
Aug 18, 2014 5:29 PM

Mar 2013
I liked this episode actually. The ED was a really nice surprise! I can't wait to see Clear's *-*.
So by how it looks so far, they'll be doing one boyfriend per episode? I'm kind of worried about that since they'll likely have to cut out a lot.
I'm really worried for Clear's episode (he's my favourite so naturally I'm worried), but I'm excited to see how they do the glitching in Noiz's! Maybe glitching the opening theme once it gets to the Scrap segment?
Aug 18, 2014 9:31 PM

Dec 2013
I really liked this episode, but like everyone else is saying, it did seem pretty rushed considering they packed everything from Koujaku's entire route into one episode. However, I really do enjoy how they do the Scrap scenes, and this episode still managed to evoke plenty of emotion.
The only thing I'm concerned about is the plot losing its focus as it takes us through all of the routes so quickly. Hopefully it'll feel less rushed as we go along.
Looking forward to next week!
Aug 19, 2014 5:58 AM
Dec 2011

What are you trying to do taking off his pants ?
Aoba X koujaku ED .
shota aoba was cute. <3
Aug 19, 2014 10:22 AM

Apr 2010
Man was that rushed! The animation again was kinda derpy on some parts, really hoping they will refine it. Though at this point I am seriously thinking of taking back my promise to buy the show when it's released on BDs.

I however liked how they didn't take the fight in this episode to Oval Tower but solved it in the "tattoo studio" instead.

Just gotta wait and see how well or.. "well" they do with the next episode. Looking forward to Mink and Clear the most, however.
Aug 20, 2014 2:06 AM

Jun 2013
Episode felt rushed but overall alright i guess

Hell yeah, it's my favourite Noiz next week im looking forward to it *_*
Aug 23, 2014 6:50 AM

Mar 2014
Ooh, looks like Koujaku had a pretty tough past... His character grew a bit to me. Also, it's always nice when you don't fall alseep halfway through the episode like I did while watching episode 1-5

Noiz episode next week? How boring
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 24, 2014 3:38 AM

May 2014
Where's episode 8 >_>

Aug 24, 2014 10:21 AM

Mar 2011
ZoroZoldyck said:
Where's episode 8 >_>

DMMd airs every Mondays 01:35 am JST
Aug 31, 2014 2:00 PM

Dec 2008
Koujaku's route was my favorite so i can't really be satisfied with this episode. It seemed really rushed, I couldn't enjoy the story as much as in the VN. But that childhood flashback was so cute that I had to stop complaining lol. Still maybe i was expecting a kiss in the end, oh well.
Sep 1, 2014 2:40 PM

Feb 2014
Crazy episode. Koujaku killed his mommy? Must feel guilty :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2014 12:07 AM

Jul 2012
ED is good.

Anyway, I'm glad this show is finally impressing and executing the storyline better. I just wish it would have had this level of quality from the start.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Sep 21, 2014

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.