Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 13, 2018 2:19 PM

May 2018
So... Rouka is dead? Why am I crying? ;w;
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Sep 17, 2018 9:13 AM

Sep 2014
I never thought I would say that, but hory shiet the first half was boring. I nearly dropped it. Luckily Arararagi came to the rescue. Long hair? How long in the future is this story for his hair to get so long, well maybe he just taped the hair of all the previously long haired girls to his head. Since cutting your hair is considered to symbolize a fresh start and coming to a closure with other things, I guess he never got over Hachikuji? Me neither bro.

Anyway it was way too long since we last saw the MC.

From previously "my bike is my life" to "dont insult the roundness of my car, insult me, not my car!" I could never relate more to a character ever since Kyon Kun.

Note to myself, get that amazing shinobu keychain. Maybe she likes the car?

I cant wait to finally get this story over with so I can move on to owari. I hope the last episode is worth it. Only good thing so far is Kaiki is confirmed alive.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 2, 2019 10:13 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, it's nice to see Araragi again. Yup, Kanbaru is getting a bunch of crap into her head, seems like Araragi fixed that now.
May 5, 2019 4:35 PM

Mar 2018
Araragi's new look is so dumb, I couldn't help but laugh.

komic said:
well this is monogatari. if the MC didn't make some appearance it would feel weird.

That's not true, there were multiple arcs in second season where he didn't appear, and I'd say those were the better ones.
May 20, 2019 2:45 PM

Dec 2018
They're really not telling us concretely how she obtained the devil part. Disappointed.

She was a ghost that don't know she's dead maybe. Just like in 'Another".
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 9, 2019 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Araragi with long hair looks like a Bleach character lol
Jul 30, 2019 1:25 AM

May 2015
Fucking Araragi looking like he left his village to kill the brother that eradicated his whole clan.

Also a yellow beetle? I knew he had bad taste, after all he chose Senjougahara, but that's too much. I'm dying lmao
anikevinJul 30, 2019 1:59 AM
Oct 23, 2019 6:21 PM
Jul 2016
George_Miller said:
Antearion said:
Araragi got that long hair that don't care.

After hearing the whole story of Rouka I have to say I kind of feel sorry for her. She had it rough for so long just to have people come complain about their problems to her. Felt like she will bear all of their problems just for them to live a normal life.... Or that she's a ghost collecting devil parts and now I'm super confused. Seems Araragi is a adult now. No more bikes. Happy Araragi gave Kanbaru just the advice she needed it. That head at the end was creepy. Can't wait to see how this all ends.

Man I wonder if Senjougahara looks any different.

WHAT HEAD?

yeah.. what head ??!! ಠ_ಠ
Nov 16, 2019 1:44 AM

May 2015
I loved that scene where she was trying to process the shock caused by the news of Rouka being dead and the whole mess she was in by running just like Forrest Gump did in the movie. She gained a better understanding of a the situation not by actively thinking - the narrator was silent during the whole scene - but by a more subconscious way; and it was interesting how that fitted in with the theme of solving problems by running away and not thinking or being worried about them even though not in that sense they were talking about it in the previous scenes and episodes. We hadn't heared her thoughts, but we got an impression of her feelings at the end of the process when she arrived at the crossroad - her reminescence of how beautiful Senjogahara had been a year before evoked by the sight of the milky way and the subsequent shots of nature are not hard to crack, life is too beautiful for her to choose death like Rouka did when she got in a similarly difficult situation that ended her sport carrier. It somehow reminded me of what Kaiki said in the last episode of Koimonogatari of how humans have to start over from a scratch again and again and how good things should eventually happen to them as long as they are alive.
I liked how even the place she arrived at, the crossroads, had multiple symbolic meanings. Aside from the obvious ones, that is the place where in the folktales the protagonist meets with the Devil, so for a moment I thought she was going to meet with Rouka again but instead of her arrived an other devil, the "devil-boy", Araragi-senpai.
IshitatesoNov 18, 2019 1:39 AM
Feb 17, 2020 3:21 PM

Feb 2019
hearing Araragi's voice put a smile on my face
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 29, 2020 1:53 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Good News: Araragi shows up this episode!! Yay. I've been waiting for this. He's my favourite

Bad News: What has he done to his hair?! I don't like it at all. I hope he cuts his before the next instalment. Can someone spoil me on this? Does he cut his hair before the next one?

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
May 21, 2020 10:55 AM

Jun 2015
So even Araragi can't escape the "the hairstyle must change each season" rule.

Aug 3, 2020 4:37 PM
Jul 2019
Agamenon said:

If you don't cut your hair, they are growing, this is the principle. If Nisio Isin said in the novel that Ararararagi hair are much longer is this part of the story is it obvious that he is gonna be represented with longer hair. At least this is what i believe. You are of course free to dislike it :)
Aug 13, 2020 2:57 AM

Jun 2015
Yuai said:
Agamenon said:

If you don't cut your hair, they are growing, this is the principle. If Nisio Isin said in the novel that Ararararagi hair are much longer is this part of the story is it obvious that he is gonna be represented with longer hair. At least this is what i believe. You are of course free to dislike it :)

Oh no I wasn't saying that I disliked it. Actually the fact that the appearance of the characters is constantly changing is a nice attention to details.

Sep 10, 2020 1:35 AM
Mar 2018
Araragi makes a comeback. Very cool. And idk what kanbaru is gonna do lol. She's a ghost. U gonna fight her? U don't have monkey arm anymore
Sep 17, 2020 9:11 PM

Jun 2020
Damn Araragi hair looks sick I like how he did to her hair lol.

So Kanbaru's Arch enemy is dead?

Anyway I enjoyed this episode a bit I wonder what happened to Senjougahara I want to see her looks (°-°)
Oct 4, 2020 10:37 AM

Apr 2019
Damn bro, Rouka killed herself? I mean I figured she was dead right when Karen called her, but damn. I mean it's not like we haven't seen ghosts before in this series.

Aye Koyomi is back! And he has longer hair which is a bit weird to see. Gotta love the roundness of the beetle lol.

I think I'd be a bit unsettled if I were to receive a decayed mummified head in the mail.
Mar 1, 2021 7:52 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode! Damn, I've had my suspicions that Rouka might be dead already but, I thought naaah. So, it was pretty shocking that she's actually dead dead and that makes it all the more sad. Now I am kind of sus on Kaiki, though he's probably just upholding his principles of only giving half the information. We'll probably get a final confrontation with Rouka in the last episode.

Also loved that talk in the beginning about there being no absolute, there is good in evil, there is evil in good and all that. Pretty interesting.

Ponytail Kanbaru is top tier. Yo! Araragi in the flesh, I honestly think he's rocking the long hair and that car though lmao. That was great, I missed the Araragi and Kanbaru interactions.
sKyBlazer08Mar 1, 2021 7:57 AM
Apr 18, 2021 3:36 AM

Jul 2019
Enjoying this arc more than I thought I would. Kanbaru is a good character to develop
Sep 29, 2021 11:34 AM

Aug 2015
Araragi with long hair is just weird, I liked his old hairstyle much better
Oct 15, 2021 2:17 AM
Aug 2021
So Numachi was dead all this time. Darn, she had a really tough life and committed suicide because of that.

It was great to see Araragi again!He kind of looks like a mad scientist with the new look though.

Shinobu powerpuff girl keychain is nice little reference.
Nov 1, 2023 8:29 AM

May 2021
Why the hell does Arararagi look like he failed in life and joined a band? At least that Shinobu keychain is cute.

Awesome running scene though.

Dec 4, 2023 8:13 AM

Nov 2023
Damn, so Numachi, or whatever her name was, is actually alreaey q dead person?
Feb 5, 1:30 PM

May 2022
gotta love the shinobu keychain! also i think araragi totally rocks his new haircut despite what you all say.
Apr 20, 3:51 PM

Jul 2016
So many good character designs this franchise has and young-adult Araragi is drawn like that... mf looks like he's gonna appear in Boruto now.

Anyways, good to see Araragi showing up to somewhat save this arc from being a complete snoozefest. Him talking with such maturity to Kanbaru felt almost scary tho.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

290 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 24, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

57 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tj_odee - Aug 19, 2014

110 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 18, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

112 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 28, 6:20 PM

» Is this really the true watch order?

Patefes - Jul 16, 2022

14 by INSANELYWP »»
Aug 1, 2023 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.