Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2014 6:12 PM

Apr 2010
Did anyone else get chills when Nine threw the smoke bomb in the subway.

This was the only thing that kept running through my mind during that whole sequence.

Anyway, it looks like the government deliberately wanted the bomb to explode so they could paint Nine & Twelve as bona-fide terrorist killers and forcefully stain their hands with blood. "Rising Peace Academy", that name already sounds suspicious as fuck. I think of things like the "Shining Path" terrorists in Peru or the Church of Scientology just reading that.
Aug 7, 2014 6:14 PM

Mar 2012
IktIkn said:
Why are the DVDs/BDs not selling in Japan? This and the previous episode convinced me that this is indeed the AOTS.

Are they selling already? I think not but I'm not sure.

Brutally awesome episode! This is extremely good and it's getting better and better =D
Aug 7, 2014 6:45 PM

Jun 2014
Is there a point to Lisa? She seems to just act as filler. Annoying filler.
They probably put her in just to increase the length of the series.

Why the fuck did they have to do something as stupid as putting him in the same compartment as the explosion and then having him survive without any injuries? Well, at least they saved the immersion breaker for the end, though that will stick with me and has already knocked the entire series down a point.
Aug 7, 2014 6:48 PM
Oct 2012
AICW said:
Anyway, it looks like the government deliberately wanted the bomb to explode so they could paint Nine & Twelve as bona-fide terrorist killers and forcefully stain their hands with blood.

Fringe benefit. Their main goal (with Five's advice) was to force Nine and Twelve to reveal themselves when they tried to stop the bomb from going off. If that could have been done without killing people, fine, but if it failed, then they would just blame it on the terrorists and turn people against them.

AICW said:
"Rising Peace Academy", that name already sounds suspicious as fuck. I think of things like the "Shining Path" terrorists in Peru or the Church of Scientology just reading that.

Please, oh dear, shut up. No matter how stupid or evil one thinks Scientology is, no sane human being can compare them to the Shining Path; also no matter how stupid and evil the Shining Path were, they were not terrorists.

The Shining Path was a Maoist organization that was engaged in a guerrilla war against the Peruvian government. They actually ruled large parts of Peru for a while. Dislike them and their methods, but their means were not substantially different from most South American Governments at the time.

That said the Shining Path had no problem with killing people and they killed lots of them. They are more akin to the Khmer Rouge or Mao than anything else. That makes them horrible butchers, not terrorists.

And that they were horrible butchers completely divorces them from any comparisons to Scientology. At worse Scientology is accused of imprisoning and harassing "opponents"; bad indeed, but nowhere near the same universe as a Maoist organization.
Aug 7, 2014 6:48 PM

Dec 2013
Chabe said:
She's featuring the ED, and this anime has shown us a incredibly high potential, i don't think she will be just filler.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 7, 2014 6:53 PM
Oct 2012
FlareStar101 said:
Chabe said:
She's featuring the ED, and this anime has shown us a incredibly high potential, i don't think she will be just filler.

I have said it from the first episode: she will either make this show a 9-10, or it will be a 7-8, and which will not be exposed until the last two episodes.
Aug 7, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2011
luciare said:
TripleSRank said:

Hopefully you don't want to destroy the world, though. :/

That's the thing, they don't want to destroy the world.

I never said "they" did. We're talking about Lisa, who seems to like the idea.
Aug 7, 2014 7:14 PM

Dec 2012
Another damn good episode, nice and intense towards the end! Whoever Five is, she obviously is the real deal. Trumped both of them and almost killed a bunch of people. Exciting series!
Aug 7, 2014 7:26 PM

Jul 2013
TripleSRank said:
luciare said:

That's the thing, they don't want to destroy the world.

I never said "they" did. We're talking about Lisa, who seems to like the idea.

I don't think she does. She may hate the world right now because of issues with her mother, but she's been left out from Nine and Twelve she probably still thinks they want to destroy the world.

I don't think Lisa has the potential to even go through with a plan like that.
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if it's not rough it's not fun
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Aug 7, 2014 7:28 PM
Oct 2012
luciare said:

Resonance.

At least I damn hope so.
Aug 7, 2014 7:30 PM
Apr 2014
Can they like kill Lisa already? I don't care how just get rid of her. She's just screwing around, acting all pitiful and annoying, such a great show doesn't need something like her around. If nine or twelve dies from one of her smart aleck meddling..
Aug 7, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
luciare said:

Resonance.

At least I damn hope so.

Resonance is just like bandwagon, but only bigger. Lol.

I still think she doesn't have the potential. And she wouldn't just do a corollary, that'd make no sense for her character.
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Aug 7, 2014 7:34 PM
Oct 2012
Hey, can you imagine if Five managed to play and toy with the voices of Nine and Twelve from videos and make videos under sphinx and now send videos directly to them to stop the bombing while other believe they are still the terrorists ones and actually, is being fooled. Nine and Twelve would be doing what they did right now ona grandeur level.

Holy Shit.

This reminds me of 9/11 and all those conspiracy theories.
Aug 7, 2014 7:39 PM

Aug 2012
luciare said:
Minagatachi said:
God I hate Lisa, Nine's trying to defuse a fucking bomb and she's just getting in the way. Not to mention she could have killed them all by touching the cellphones, honestly who the fuck touches something that has been created by terrorists when they have no idea what it is?

She fainted so she was probably still 'out of it'.

And she probably only touched one or two, which I'm still confused how it could set all of them off.

And when Nine was defusing a bomb she just only woke up then, too.

She's left in the dark alot, despite being an 'accomplice'.
They'd be pretty shitty terrorists if they left the fuse connected like that. That's why they didn't make a big deal out of it.
Aug 7, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
BRK25 said:
Hey, can you imagine if Five managed to play and toy with the voices of Nine and Twelve from videos and make videos under sphinx and now send videos directly to them to stop the bombing while other believe they are still the terrorists ones and actually, is being fooled. Nine and Twelve would be doing what they did right now ona grandeur level.

Holy Shit.

This reminds me of 9/11 and all those conspiracy theories.

Speaking of 9/11, I think episode 9 or 10 airs on that date.

There's going to be a punch on that day. I'm not prepared.
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Aug 7, 2014 7:47 PM
Oct 2012
luciare said:
Resonance is just like bandwagon, but only bigger. Lol.

I still think she doesn't have the potential. And she wouldn't just do a corollary, that'd make no sense for her character.

Resonance isn't about potential, it's about a tipping point.

I said it above, I will repeat it: if Lisa's potential doesn't come to light this series, then this series will be prove to be disappointing. She is the key to this becoming a great show.
Aug 7, 2014 7:52 PM

Aug 2009
Don't like Five. Kill that b*tch!
Interesting episode though. Although they are terrorist they don't want to be mass murderers. Intriguing.

Aug 7, 2014 7:52 PM
Mar 2013
And I was liking it without new characters. -sigh- oh well hope it gets better from here on out and not become a stalemate.
Aug 7, 2014 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
oh my fucking god this is so fucking epic five is an amazing hacker and i wonder why is she looking for them is because the terrorist attacks or an old grudge
Aug 7, 2014 7:53 PM
Mar 2013
lovexLuffy said:
Interesting episode though. Although they are terrorist they don't want to be mass murderers. Intriguing.

I agree. Not feeling her either.
Aug 7, 2014 7:55 PM
Mar 2013
shiroyuki143 said:
Can they like kill Lisa already? I don't care how just get rid of her. She's just screwing around, acting all pitiful and annoying, such a great show doesn't need something like her around. If nine or twelve dies from one of her smart aleck meddling..

I somewhat agree. I feel that if she does not become useful soon they should kill her or just rid of her. I would also be nice if she picked up where they leave off if they die. The successor.
Aug 7, 2014 7:55 PM
Oct 2012
UndeadSoul said:
lovexLuffy said:

I agree. Not feeling her either.

I don't think you are supposed to "like" her. 9 has a meaning, 12 and 5 are just playing games with flies (i.e. us normal humans).
Aug 7, 2014 7:59 PM

May 2012
wonder if there's One and super genius..
Kinda like Lisa, hope to see more of her in the future..

Aug 7, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, I definitely didn't expect they'd go so far to disarm the bomb themselves. I'm surprised no one was killed, just greatly injured.

Five's outsmarting them? Ah, I don't want this; I don't like her character already, and I thought she burned in the fire in their memories.

Lisa seems to be pretty dumb, touching things like that when she saw what they were capable of. I really hope she isn't there, simply to be there.
HEY!
Aug 7, 2014 8:07 PM

Jan 2011
when 5 first showed up i was thinking well here comes the L of the series! but after seeing her have zero regards for the safety of human lives i am doubting that right now,while seeing how 9 and 12 acted were getting closer to understanding their motives but it's still unclear.

feel like Lisa might not be useful and is kinda in the way as of now hopefully that changes

and sidenote English in this was solid actually understood it
Aug 7, 2014 8:22 PM

Dec 2013
Ermygerd too cool. Five. Goodness. Wonder whats gonna happen next. Trauma and more. Oh boy.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 7, 2014 8:31 PM

Sep 2013
N, is that you? lol Five is an interesting character..

Loved the action-packed second half...

In general, this has been a great show so far.
Aug 7, 2014 8:34 PM
Apr 2012
Umm am I the only one that thinks the girl crashing into their place is just plain annoying? And useless to this series, too.
Aug 7, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2014
Damn its difficult to assign this episode's point.
So I guess it is, Terrorists: 3; Cops: 1; "Five:" 1

Hopefully now that we have a third character from "THERE," we will get to learn more about this mysterious organization.
Aug 7, 2014 9:02 PM
Oct 2012
Everyone hating on Lisa. Jesus.

I'm waiting till she becomes useful and part of the plot like In stein;s Gate with Mayuri. If something on that level of impact happens, I'm going to laugh my damn ass off on everyone claiming she was shit or useless.
Aug 7, 2014 9:08 PM

Jun 2014
BRK25 said:

I'm waiting till she becomes useful and part of the plot like In stein;s Gate with Mayuri. If something on that level of impact happens, I'm going to laugh my damn ass off on everyone claiming she was shit or useless.

Why would you laugh? She is currently useless and boring.
Aug 7, 2014 9:10 PM
Oct 2012
Chabe said:
BRK25 said:

Why would you laugh? She is currently useless and boring.

Currently. That's the key word.

I'm sure and crossing my fingers cause Watanabe wouldn't add a character that's useless. with all the massive characters he placed in Cowboy Bebop of side characters, they were all used and important. Lisa wouldn't be here for nothing.
Aug 7, 2014 9:18 PM

Feb 2012
BRK25 said:

The funny thing is, it's not rocket science as to why Lisa is in the show. People are just apparently too dumb to realize that just because a character doesn't directly/overtly contribute to the plot, it does not mean they are useless.

Lisa wants to destroy "the world" but she actually means "her world," one in which she has nobody. She's noticeably happier in this episode because she has people to talk to and interact with. I'm pretty sure deep down 9 and 12 feel the same way (despite 9's cold demeanor towards her). I said it before and I'll state it again: Lisa will be the key to the central characters' realizing what causes their isolation.
Aug 7, 2014 9:20 PM
Jul 2014
jimjameswhatever said:
BRK25 said:

The funny thing is, it's not rocket science as to why Lisa is in the show. People are just apparently too dumb to realize that just because a character doesn't directly/overtly contribute to the plot, it does not mean they are useless.

Lisa wants to destroy "the world" but she actually means "her world," one in which she has nobody. She's noticeably happier in this episode because she has people to talk to and interact with. I'm pretty sure deep down 9 and 12 feel the same way (despite 9's cold demeanor towards her). I said it before and I'll state it again: Lisa will be the key to the central characters' realizing what causes their isolation.

i'll never get people that watch this show and complain about this stuff.
Aug 7, 2014 9:21 PM

Feb 2013
Now we see more of nine and twelves character, seeing how they didn't actually want the bomb to go off makes me wonder what their true purpose is. Also that english was probably the best I've heard in any un-dubbed anime.
Aug 7, 2014 9:22 PM
Oct 2012
jimjameswhatever said:
BRK25 said:

Not only did she look happier, there's also the fact with her involved with the duo, the two terrorists were more introspective and spilling details rather than just those two. She's the key in getting the two to show more of their pasts cause they said nothing serious about their past outside of hidden clues, small exposition.
Aug 7, 2014 9:24 PM

May 2012
Ah, what a wonderful episode! I swear my heart stopped when Nine got caught up in the blast but he is already and I can breathe again! But with the introduction of Five and they not stopping the bomb...and also the fact that Nine would risked his life to save the hundreds of lives is making me believe that a lot is going on in the background and that Nine and Twelve isnt actually the ones who stole the Plutonium and what is "vol". Might play an important part too.

And as for Lisa, I dont know her purpose yet..but...I cant seem to like her. Irritating?....Definitely!

And now..time for the drama to begins!! :D OSU! :D
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Aug 7, 2014 9:47 PM

Jul 2012
Yay I caught up now! Really loving the stylish directing, OST choice, suspense/mystery and everything in general. I just wish I saved this for marathoning because this means I have to rewatch everything after it completes. I can't get the full experience from one episode per week :/

Anyway, I like how it went from Anti-Heros vs. Police to that plus an antagonist.
Aug 7, 2014 9:58 PM

May 2013
Hell yes, great episode. It feels like a real turning point for the series. We got character interactions, character revelations, and character introductions -- so on the whole, a great fucking episode for characters. I love the garish make up and character design for 5 (Megumi Han!). Her quirks bring to mind the detectives from Death Note; hopefully the similarities aren't limited to visual aesthetics and she'll reveal some fun personality traits as well. All the better to contrast with the stuffy police. Also can't wait for interactions between her and Shibazaki.

We get confirmation that the boys aren't just tying to blow shit up, but are actually trying to reveal something: probably the nature of whatever shady government thing they were in. I'm hoping it'll be something we haven't seen before, but even if it isn't I've got faith that this team will at least use it to say something new and interesting.

And I like Lisa, for the record. Her uselessness is clearly intentional for this stage of the narrative, and honestly, I find it to be kind of charming. I really liked the bit where the boys reamed her for her cooking.
Aug 7, 2014 10:04 PM

Jul 2009
huh... so they're making 9/12 into 'good' guys or at least terrorists with some morals... not sure what to think of this. i was hoping for cold heart, calculated killers.
Aug 7, 2014 10:14 PM
Oct 2012
Two things, one, I was surprised the lighting and shading since one pointed out. All the main characters have been in the dark or in some form of lighting of darkness, showing a unity.

However, Five is out in the open in pure light or sunlight, never once going into the shadows and playing a strong role, possibly the antagonist. Oh, and the meeting with Kurahashi and all those men, were they the ones Nine and Twelve were targeting secretly?

Second, I loved the juxtaposition when no phone calls and connections could be made, an EMP.

A poster above saying of the highest quality of call completion and it proves useless. This meant two things to me. One, to make a joke of the situation. Second, showing the powerful force of the EMP to block EVERYTHING.
Aug 7, 2014 10:24 PM

Aug 2013
Wow. Just when I thought it was going to be another riddle of the week, fat guy says something to save the day kind of episode, we get a nice twist. The plot thickens.

I still won't call 9 and 12 good guys. Yeah okay nobody has died from their bombs...yet. But there must some other way to communicate other than blowing stuff up and risking people's lives right? :/ With the arrival of that white-haired girl, I'd call 9 and 12 lesser of the two evils.

I like Lisa. Her presence actually makes 9 and 12 more human. I still can't stop thinking about her motorcycle ride with 12. That was brilliantly done.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 7, 2014 10:27 PM
Oct 2012
xchee said:
Wow. Just when I thought it was going to be another riddle of the week, fat guy says something to save the day kind of episode, we get a nice twist. The plot thickens.

I still won't call 9 and 12 good guys. Yeah okay nobody has died from their bombs...yet. But there must some other way to communicate other than blowing stuff up and risking people's lives right? :/ With the arrival of that white-haired girl, I'd call 9 and 12 lesser of the two evils.

I like Lisa. Her presence actually makes 9 and 12 more human. I still can't stop thinking about her motorcycle ride with 12. That was brilliantly done.

Would anyone listen to a bunch of kids who are scarred? Give the public a reason to listen to. And this is their platform.

Oh, and here's something I'm sure will kill us for waiting for a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNT-GcsQ_WY&list=UUO8okJvgXmbmyJTkUMWvURg

Now we're getting somewhere!
Aug 7, 2014 11:07 PM

Sep 2009
oh snap, five. her personality and everything was totally unexpected based off that snippet from the past.

it was obvious that the police not disarming the bomb and cancelling cell service was a ploy to get to nine and twelve, but i still didn't expect for them to actually do nothing about the bomb. sure, it was inevitable for nine/twelve to try and prevent people from getting hurt based off previous behavior, but taking the risk like that was a stark comparison to a situation that could potentially happen in real life as well. how powerful.

oh lisa. i'm surprised that i find her persona to be more endearing than troublesome.
Aug 7, 2014 11:11 PM

Dec 2010
12 x Lisa, I'm oficially...

*puts sunglasses on*

ridin' that train.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Aug 7, 2014 11:25 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was interesting?

You know what happens when you leave your friends to die in a fiery blaze? They come back with huge tits and hack the shit out of you.

If Five didn't still rock that fro she'd be super hot. Wonder what her plan is? By letting the bomb explode I wasn't sure if she was intentionally luring them out because she knew they would try to stop it, or if she planned for it to kill people so they could be labeled murderers as well. Or both?

The fanservice was nice in this episode. And it wasn't tacky either. Both scenes of fanservice were actually used in dialogue which was good. When she sighs in the bath Nine says she's shameless and when she's toweling off she's eavesdropping on the conversation.
Aug 7, 2014 11:27 PM
Nov 2013
Five straight up looks like Lady Gaga lmao.
Lisa was really cute this episode. I hope she becomes useful in the future though.
The explosion scene was intense, shocking that anime survived that.
Aug 7, 2014 11:31 PM

Aug 2014
Outstanding episode, best one so far. It really gave me the same vibe like when Light was outsmarted for the first time by L. Five is the game (debuting in Episode 5, no less), some proper English was spoken and Lisa's actually very sweet. The suspense throughout the later part was very nice, i haven't been watching with that kind of interest since... well, Death Note.

The only thing i'm conflicted about is Nine and Twelve's moral standing. I thought they were ready to do anything, but apparently they don't want any casualties... at all. I kinda like how they're dangerous, though ultimately good, but at the same time, i feel like the Anime lost some of its darker nature.

Oh well, still awesome as a whole...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Aug 7, 2014 11:45 PM
Oct 2012
I think they have no problems of killing anyone, silently that is. Killing one in some assassination or a quick manner of faking a heart attack or cardiac arrest wouldn't be an issue. Someone dying from a bomb, yes, that's an issue, all credibility and people listening to what they have to say would never take their word for granted and instantly labeled a horrible source.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.