Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2014 10:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An alright episode. I like how Ciel is adjusting with some of the circus moves while Sebastian is still looking for any suspicious movements.

I think Joker has taking a liking to him actually calling him a cute kid lol. Ciel's skills are surprising somewhat though. Well it didn't surprise me but for the circus guys. Little do they know in the background lol...

Anyways, really entertaining episode. I thought Ciel's outfit was decorative and fitting.

Stark700Jul 24, 2014 11:17 AM
Jul 24, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 2007
India pair is back!

lol @ Ciel calling himself Finnian when entering the circus, and Sabby actually "helping out". He's so cute when smiling, though.

Childhood friends... I guess the announced casts are the "few", huh. Nobu's character, being a nice sempai, is caring Ciel. Sabby is perfect as always. Shinigami participated, too!

I'm curious about that little girl in preview.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 24, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2007
William, could your suit get any shinier?

I never imagined his circus suit to be so colorful, but I love it so much lol. Can't wait for William's other colorful outfits (a rare opportunity!!!), and the rest of the comedy involving him. This is the arc where I fell in love with him after all *v* Hearing Grell and even seeing Ronald in the preview, SHINIGAMI <3

The recaps are good for those who aren't too familiar with the series (and kind of necessary since the studio added too much shitty filler in between), but as a manga reader I just find them annoying. Oh well~
Jul 24, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2009
Ah, the tightrope and daggers. I nearly laughed my butt off when this happened in the manga, and I did so, almost, again seeing it animated. Poor Ciel, LOL.. Sebby, I think you enjoyed that a little too much, hehe.

Monochrome said:
William, could your suit get any shinier?

I never imagined his circus suit to be so colorful, but I love it so much lol. Can't wait for William's other colorful outfits (a rare opportunity!!!), and the rest of the comedy involving him. This is the arc where I fell in love with him after all *v* Hearing Grell and even seeing Ronald in the preview, SHINIGAMI <3

The recaps are good for those who aren't too familiar with the series (and kind of necessary since the studio added too much shitty filler in between), but as a manga reader I just find them annoying. Oh well~

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing his glimmering outfit. I could swear if Grell was there he'd be going nuts over it. LOL, poor Will, he'd never get Grell off him.

I agree. Though it was nice of them to provide the recap, as a manga reader too, I also found it annoying. Next episode also looks to have some slight fillers as well on that note. Not much just slight.

tsubasalover said:
India pair is back!

lol @ Ciel calling himself Finnian when entering the circus, and Sabby actually "helping out". He's so cute when smiling, though.

Childhood friends... I guess the announced casts are the "few", huh. Nobu's character, being a nice sempai, is caring Ciel. Sabby is perfect as always. Shinigami participated, too!

I'm curious about that little girl in preview.

That he is, but it's kind of sad that it's fake. (Damn good acting skills though.)

So am I. I don't recall her in the arc, but I'm scheduling a day to re-read the manga once again just to be sure.

Stark700 said:

An alright episode. I like how Ciel is adjusting with some of the circus moves while Sebastian is still looking for any suspicious movements.

I think Joker has taking a liking to him actually calling him a cute kid lol. Ciel's skills are surprising somewhat though. Well it didn't surprise me but for the circus guys. Little do they know in the background lol...

Anyways, really entertaining episode. I thought Ciel's outfit was decorative and fitting.

Ah!! That picture!! He's so cute in that, with that face... I liked how they tried to keep it close to the color page where it showcased that outfit. Nice capture Stark.

I liked how Sebastian showed off his special skills. Oohs and aws all around while Ciel is getting a slight headache. LOL. And Sebastian's slight disgusted face at the end after being confronted by Will was interesting.

You're right about it being entertaining.
lovelyphantomJul 24, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 24, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
Sebastian is such a showoff doing all those circus tricks, nice to see William is back. I wonder if we will see Grell soon as well as we heard him in the preview of the next episode.
Jul 24, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
This episode cracked me up, and yes I am speaking about William's fabulous suit here! ;D
Oh my God, this thing is liquid gold, poor Will is so serious and grumpy but also so fab and shiny I want to eat him up ~ ♡

Can I just say, I went completely nuts when Sebastian was speaking about Shinigami. Not only because of lots of Grell, but also DID YOU SEE THAT ALAN AND ERIC WERE THERE????!!!! I can die happy now. And the teaser for next ep promised me some Ronald, so I am dying in bliss over here ♡♡♡♡
Jul 24, 2014 1:39 PM

Aug 2010
Another really good and fun ep :D

Snake changes his tone with each snake talking XD Didn't expect that hahaha ^^

Loved how Sebastian changed the course of all Ciel's throws hehehe.

Sebastian laughing his ass out when Joker was telling Ciel to smile XD

Lol'd so much at how he was showing off his HAX performing every single Circus move with perfection XD

And loved the interactions between Suit and them :)
Jul 24, 2014 1:46 PM

Sep 2010
Sebastian is really a show-off XD

they're keeping close to the manga

didn't expect Snake to change his voice (really kawaii)

poor soma, being ditched by Ciel

he'll give him all his support…yeah right

and...
I really love Joker
Jul 24, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
Barion-Zara said:

Lol'd so much at how he was showing off his HAX performing every single Circus move with perfection XD

I lost it when he had such a pleased expression just before he was about to perform sword-swallowing xD
Jul 24, 2014 1:55 PM
Sep 2013
I like how Snake changes his voice for each snake speaking.

Nice to see the India pair, and to hear Grell in the preview !

And Sebastian having a field day first by rectifying the course of Ciel's daggers then his balance on the rope. (ok, especially the second part) and then laughing at him during the "smile" part. What a show off demontrating all his skills.

It's quite funny to see the serious William in his flashy clothes, too.
Jul 24, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
I died when Sebastian was teasing and laughing at Ciel. Nice to see Prince Soma, Agni and Will the reaper again. Such a good episode.
Jul 24, 2014 2:16 PM

Feb 2011
Sebastian seemed really excited about doing all those tricks xD
Jul 24, 2014 2:36 PM

Oct 2010
I loved it, when Sebby was trying so hard not to laugh out loud! Totally cute~♥ Great ep!
Jul 24, 2014 2:41 PM
Apr 2013
Oh Sebastian was just having too much fun there.

The recaps felt a little too awkward though, but necessary evil and all. Madame Red was Ciel's Aunt, since the recaps didn't make that too clear.

Also, I found it hilarious how Snake spoke differently for each of his snakes. Not sure if the manga makes the snakes speak slightly different (Japanese being a complicated language and whatnot), but if not, it was a nice touch.
Jul 24, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2014
LOL!!! *Warate* "Engo" *kekote/nikote*? Not sure if I got all of them right.

That was really good, nice reintroduction of the indian duo there. And that "smile" lmao brings back some memories. Seriously this confirms something, Mamoru Miyano is CLEARLY better with playful, funny characters by a lot than when he is serious.
Jul 24, 2014 3:17 PM

Apr 2013
Snake imitating his snakes is the best thing ever.
I'm glad that the Circus part is animated just for that.
Jul 24, 2014 3:34 PM

Dec 2012
I forgot about Soma and Agni!! They're a great pair.

I also didn't expect Snake to change voices when his snakes are talking... I always imagined it would be the same voice, but I like it a lot.
Jul 24, 2014 5:03 PM
Mar 2012
It's great to see Doll have a good amount of screentime this episode. Not looking forward to the developments that will happen later though.

Jul 24, 2014 8:25 PM

May 2012
It was so funny when Sebastian was throwing rocks to those knives! And on Ciel's body!! Haha. I bet he had so much fun. And love his acrobatics!!!! Really liking this so far. And a different voice for each snake.. really interesting.
Jul 24, 2014 8:30 PM
Aug 2011
That tightrope walking with extra rocks thrown in for balance was the best.

Ciel actually looks creepy when he smiles though ahaha. I'm so used to seeing him... not smiling, ever.
Jul 24, 2014 8:57 PM
Nov 2011
Great episode! It was cool that they did that recap thing for those who are not familiar to the series, but just like the manga readers, It annoyed me a bit...
I didnt thought that I would laught that much with the anime! Seeing those scenes animated was hillarious! XD
And I didnt expected that Sanake would change his voice depending on the snake! I really liked that! I had already notice that he would change his expression depending on what the snake says(because usually he is pretty stoic), but also changing his voice was a good surprise! I will try to pay attention to them in the anime so I know the "tone" its speaks at the manga.
Also, I read somewhere that their names may be based on real life English poets, someone know about it? 'o'
Jul 24, 2014 9:54 PM

Apr 2014
Not an action-filled episode, but it did help set up the setting for this arc. I noticed that Sebastian seems more independent in this arc, and seems more apt to manipulate Ciel rather than being servile and following his every order. I suppose, in a way, he is circumventing Ciel's commands but is actually fulfilling them.

It was great to see Prince Soma and William again! Prince Soma is just like a little bubble of cheerfulness and he definitely stands out against the more dark tones of the anime. "It scandalizes me to think that he could be the prince of anything"- well, I guess Sebastian's line is true in that Soma doesn't seem as though he'd be very good at managing a kingdom, but he did save Agni using his authourity.

Sebastian barely concealing his laughter in the corner, and Ciel being pummeled with rocks. That was hilarious! I was trying to imagine how Sebastian would help Ciel through the trials of the circus entrance, but hitting him with pebbles wasn't a method that crossed my mind, that's for sure. Sebastian also looked a bit ridiculous doing all those acrobatic tricks in that tailcoat, especially since is body posture is more akin to a stone column than a flexible gymnast.

Lastly, Mamoru Miyano's voice. Oh my gosh, it's adorable. *fangirls silently*

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Jul 25, 2014 12:02 AM

Oct 2013
Almost puked my coffee when Ciel was walking on the rope with Sebastian helping him...
Ciel is so cute...
Jul 25, 2014 1:15 AM
Mar 2011
The main character made a creepy smile this episode. So now we know, he's a psycho.
Jul 25, 2014 2:53 AM

Mar 2014
This show makes me so incredibly happy. Loved every second of it - especially Sebastian's rebellious giggling when he put Ciel through the degrading circus trials.
The Shinigami Dispatch Society characters are my complete favourite in this series, seeing Will in the sparkly suit was amazing, and I was so so so pleased to hear Grell in the teaser at the end - even if he won't be appearing in the next episode. ~Grell and Sebastian OTP feels~

Akira Ishida is the perfect voice actor for Snake - the way he can change his voice based on the snake's personality is lovely, and he can do such serious and psycho but also cutesy voices! Mamo is also giving Joker 1000%

Milenart said:
Also, I read somewhere that their names may be based on real life English poets, someone know about it? 'o'

It's not a maybe, they are absolutely based off English authors and poets. Oscar Wilde, Mary Shelly, Goethe, Emily Bronte (and I think Edgar Allen Poe if my memory serves me correctly) all have snakes named after them. All of these authors wrote in the Victorian era, and they mostly wrote very morbid/gothic/horror/psychological stories the kind of which fit right in with the whole Kuroshitsuji vibe and I'm sure they're the kind of think that Yana Toboso likes to read as research :) Wilde and Goethe wrote stories about selling your soul/making a covenant with a demon, like with Sebby.
Jul 25, 2014 3:28 AM

Dec 2013
Must say, definitely loving this arc! So far I'm thinking this arc is going to get a 10/10 rating, but before I start scoring we'll see how it goes.

Laughed and smiled all through this episode, wasn't a dull moment at all in this one. Absolutely loved the entry test for the circus. Well played, Demon. Well played.

Sebastian turning his back to hide his laughter was hilarious, and William- Wow! What a suit!

Can't wait for the next episode!
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 25, 2014 4:44 AM

Jun 2009
Loving Miyano Mamoru as Joker a whole lot (the accent is nice, I don't think I've heard him do that yet). People have been saying that one should be careful by picking up new characters to like seeing how this arc is going to develop based on its source material. But as a non-manga reader, I can say I'm starting to like Joker. //not biased at all, nope.

Sebby doing his tricks was hilarious. Show-off that he is. :'D
Jul 25, 2014 4:48 AM

Jul 2010
I read this arc so long ago that I've forgotten most of it which makes the series more enjoyable for me to watch because I don't notice any changes or filler. Well, I noticed the recaps, but I didn't find them annoying. I really liked the animation.

Still loving the song and themes of the ED.
Jul 25, 2014 5:27 AM

Jul 2011
The character descriptions/explanations made by Sebastian to the audience are as bad as the censors in Tokyo Ghoul.

Assuming that people have no idea who these characters are and are newcomers to the show, then they sure are doing pretty poorly to explain many details and stuff, such as about the contract and stuff - and why the hell would they allude to Madam Red if we're going by the idea that these people who needs the explanation haven't seen the show before?

And if people do know whats going on, not only is this a time waster, but it also breaks the mood that has been set in the story.
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Jul 25, 2014 6:02 AM

Jun 2010
Bahaha William's jacket!
What's up with all the explanations of characters appearing? Not really necessary.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2014 7:33 AM

Jul 2013
the OP keeps sounding great.
very entertaining episode again. (only those recaps-_-)
that tightrope walking scene cracked me upXD
oh god Ciel smiled. haha 'Smile' how fitting;P
Jul 25, 2014 7:42 AM

Jan 2013
Incredibly pleased with the anime adaption of this circus arc. It's like visiting old friends again, Sebastian and Ciel.... I sincerely hope they continue on in the manga after the murder arc.
Jul 25, 2014 9:05 AM

Jul 2014
kyorika said:
I sincerely hope they continue on in the manga after the murder arc.

I would give my soul to anyone for Campania arc animated, oh yes
Jul 25, 2014 10:07 AM
Jul 2014
Good episode :). I was laughing at the moment when Sebastian almost laughed out loud about Ciel's nickname xD. Like always, Sebastian is such a show-off ;D but that's why I love him *.* xD.
And my goodness William's flashy clothing XD made me giggle! Nice to see Sohma and Agni again :). I was cracking up 'cause Ciel, like always, in tsun mode when it comes to Sohma XD.
Jul 25, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2010
StrawberryCat said:
kyorika said:
I sincerely hope they continue on in the manga after the murder arc.

I know that feeling...
Jul 25, 2014 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
dronka87 said:
StrawberryCat said:

I know that feeling...

omg yes, I see you know what I mean,
Jul 25, 2014 6:11 PM

May 2011
Lmao, as always Sebastian proves his worth as a butler. A bit hilarious the way he helped Ciel along, especially on the tightrope. xD; William's fabulous suit kills me so good.
Jul 25, 2014 7:14 PM

May 2011
How stupid I am!! I downloaded the episode and forgot to watch it, I though that the episode hasn't released yet.

Anyway, the episode was really interesting, Ciel's smile was adorable :D and Sebastian tried so hard in vain to hide his laughing, that was really hilarious.

Sebastian is a god!! He can do anything and all those who in the circus were astonished and amazed.

I loved how snake talks, I'm a manga reader but hearing the way he talks was really great. "the exit's that way!" says Goethe.
Jul 25, 2014 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
Can somebody please tell me the japanese words used by Joker whenever he said Ciel to "smile"?
Jul 25, 2014 8:35 PM

Jun 2014
It was another amazing episode! It's animated well and I love seeing Sebastian laughing at Ciel lol
Jul 25, 2014 8:44 PM

Dec 2012
It's getting awesome.
Jul 26, 2014 2:20 AM

Sep 2013
Ciel's SMILE <3
Jul 26, 2014 2:47 AM

Nov 2011
Sebastian trying to hide his laughter in the background was absolutely hilarious.

The only issue I have with this series so far is that when something intriguing is about to happen, the ending music begins to play and I'm like, Dammit have to wait a whole week for the next ep! XD
Jul 26, 2014 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
StrawberryCat said:
dronka87 said:

I know that feeling...

omg yes, I see you know what I mean,

Yup, I'm thinking the same :)
Jul 26, 2014 10:45 AM

Apr 2010
Oh boy, William appeared. This will be hella fun. Looking forward for more.
Jul 26, 2014 6:44 PM
May 2014
Loved to see snake! Entertaining episode! ^^
Jul 27, 2014 5:57 AM

Jun 2013
It was a good episode but nothing much really happned
Jul 27, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
Monochrome said:
Guys please stay on-topic with the episode/current arc itself. That kind of spoilerific discussion would be better in the comment section on your profiles.

sorry! i will behave!
Jul 27, 2014 2:52 PM

Dec 2011
Ah, we get to see Sebastian's magnificent display of skill from the last episode at the start of this one, SACRE MOTHER EFFIN BLEU!

LOL, each snake has a different voice XD.

Long time no see Soma and Agni!

Ah, Soma, as hopeless as ever lol.

Wohoooo, Ciel's joining the circus! XD

Ohooo, will Ciel make the throw or not?

OH C'MON! You're telling me nobody noticed... that means that they're all human beings and that there's no demon among them?

LOL, tightrope walking... good luck with that!

Hahahaha, Ciel is getting sniped with lil rocks by Sebastian XD.

Now that's a great fake smile lol... and he's even named Smile + he got a great outfit.

I really wish the circus members would prove to be good guys... but I guess that's jut not possible...

Sebastian... best circus member ever...

Ohoooo, a grim reaper is a circus member, then something really is wrong with the place.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 27, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2012
The guy who speaks Parseltongue trying too intimidate Sebastian.. Pfft good luck with that lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

148 by pendr4gonz »»
Apr 25, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2014

154 by Apratim »»
Apr 23, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

130 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

97 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 2:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.