Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 23, 2014 12:03 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
we finally meet Kanjuro and he also has a DF...cool power reminds me of Sai's powers (Naruto)
poor little bird carrying two full grown men is not going to be easy for that bird

man i really wan to see Zoro go all out like he did with the CP9 but I don't think that's going to happen with Doffy's team...but maybe CP0 (if they even join the fight)

LOL Barto so excited

Jul 23, 2014 1:27 AM

Jun 2014
Oda is just dragging the series now, it's getting so repetitive and boring, Oh I miss the days when one piece was good. I guess Oda is going to milk this series for 10 years. One piece looks like it will become the new pokemon, he should end this series before it gets bad, follow naruto foot steps Kishi is ending the series while it's still good.
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Jul 23, 2014 2:16 AM

Apr 2010
NenuserZodiac said:
Oda is just dragging the series now, it's getting so repetitive and boring, Oh I miss the days when one piece was good. I guess Oda is going to milk this series for 10 years. One piece looks like it will become the new pokemon, he should end this series before it gets bad, follow naruto foot steps Kishi is ending the series while it's still good.

You beat me to it. I just came on here after reading this chapter to mention how I was originally enjoying this arc quite a lot after how poor the previous 2 were, but in recent chapters not enough has been happening. So much of nothing happening, so much unnecessary dialogue, just get on with it already, this ain't Naruto.
Jul 23, 2014 2:54 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome chapter. Finally get to see what Kanjuro looks like.
He has got an interesting ability.
Zoro was badass in this chapter.
Loved that 1080 Pound Phoenix attack.
Lol at Bartolomeo asking for an autograph.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 23, 2014 3:03 AM

Aug 2008
Zoro is badass.

However,I agree with others this is getting too dragging.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 23, 2014 3:08 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Kanjuro looks so different from the last silhouette I saw of him several chapters ago. But he has a really interesting ability.

I lol'd so hard when Luffy proclaimed his grudge against Doflamingo was 30 years worth, haha! xD And where did those huge puppets in the 3rd level come from? o_O

Zoro, your latest attack has left me breathless.

Jul 23, 2014 3:08 AM

Feb 2013
Much better than last weeks chapter. Zoro is a beast.
Jul 23, 2014 3:10 AM
Mar 2013
This really makes me curious though, Zoro vs top executive, Zoro is having the upper hand without breaking too much sweat. How strong is he? What power level is he at mang.
Jul 23, 2014 3:14 AM

Jul 2013
So Peeka gets trolled. Once again Oda introduces a character, hypes the shit out of him and then has him steamrolled by one of the Straw Hats; so far the New World seems like a joke. At this rate Doffy is going to get one-hit KO'd by Luffy.
MinagatachiJul 23, 2014 3:17 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2014 3:17 AM

Jun 2013
Getting more and more interesting

Wow...So Zoro got a New Cannon!! 1080 Pound..is that our Age military Ships level canon?
Damn fights are getting so awesome...Let's see how much bigger and awesome will Zoro vs Peeka Go!

But Officers are damn strong...Fighters are getting beaten down.

and lol. Bartolomeo is getting Heart Attack soon from the Pure Awesomeness that is Mugiwara Kaizoku's
JarjaxleJul 23, 2014 3:38 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 23, 2014 3:21 AM

Dec 2013
Zoro was pretty badass in this chapter. Found the bit at the start pretty funny as well. 4/5
Jul 23, 2014 3:38 AM

Sep 2012
The 5 previous were dragged, but this one, this is good old One Piece.
SwiftKilla said:
This really makes me curious though, Zoro vs top executive, Zoro is having the upper hand without breaking too much sweat. How strong is he? What power level is he at mang.

We'll have to wait to see. So far, Zoro isn't having too much trouble, but before that last hit, he was unable to harm Peeka, we'll see how it goes next chapter I guess.
Jul 23, 2014 3:40 AM
Feb 2011
Blah...so blah. Am I the only one who is completely sick of the panels containing colosseum fighters xyz? Lame chapter.

LOL'd when Zoro said "God Usopp"

Minagatachi said:
So Peeka gets trolled. Once again Oda introduces a character, hypes the shit out of him and then has him steamrolled by one of the Straw Hats; so far the New World seems like a joke. At this rate Doffy is going to get one-hit KO'd by Luffy.

That would be pretty exciting and new. Unfortunately Zoro vs Peeka is just starting. Why do you want him to struggle against some no name underling of a Shichibukai?
Jul 23, 2014 3:51 AM

Jul 2013
Fiction said:
Blah...so blah. Am I the only one who is completely sick of the panels containing colosseum fighters xyz? Lame chapter.

Minagatachi said:

That would be pretty exciting and new. Unfortunately Zoro vs Peeka is just starting. Why do you want him to struggle against some no name underling of a Shichibukai?
Because he's the righthand man of a Shichibukai? Honestly, I would expect someone as revered as Doffy to pick his underlings better, especially when he is one of the three top executives of his crew.

How would it be "exciting" and "new"? Every single opponent in this manga these days gets one-shotted or defeated with little to no effort. The Straw Hats became too strong after a mere two years.
MinagatachiJul 23, 2014 3:55 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2014 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
Lol his drawing skills are terrible. :D
Jul 23, 2014 4:27 AM

Mar 2012
So Kanjurou calls his akuma no mi power as sorcery? Okay then ._.

EPIC CHAPTER
Jul 23, 2014 4:31 AM

Aug 2012
I feel as though this chapter was drawn really well (I could picture this chapter animated more easily than most other ones)
Jul 23, 2014 4:31 AM

Feb 2014
Kanjurou is a lame drawing Sai..

Zoro was pretty epic in this fight, Pika's has no change I think.

Barto was amazing, so funny eheh

Jul 23, 2014 4:33 AM

Mar 2012
btw Peeka is the top leader? He sure is weak.
Jul 23, 2014 4:38 AM

Oct 2013
He isn't that weak, Zorro became just strong due to Mihawks training. After 750 chapters I couldn't expect anything else.
Jul 23, 2014 4:42 AM
Feb 2011
Minagatachi said:
How would it be "exciting" and "new"? Every single opponent in this manga these days gets one-shotted or defeated with little to no effort. The Straw Hats became too strong after a mere two years.

Not the big ones. Besides, if I know the result of the fight...I prefer them to end fast.
And if they struggle now, what about facing Kaido and Big mam?
Jul 23, 2014 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
bigzzcobzz said:
btw Peeka is the top leader? He sure is weak.
Isn't Vergo the top leader? Well he was?

Also, it's not like he has won yet right? He still looks plenty awake.
removed-userJul 23, 2014 5:45 AM
Jul 23, 2014 5:32 AM

Jun 2011
This chapter gave me so many good laughs, loved every panel of it <3
Other than that, Zoro was amazing, as always ^^
Jul 23, 2014 5:43 AM
Sep 2012
Okay now we are back to business. I love how Luffy alliance could all break apart because everyone wants Dofamingo's head, well someone should tell them, forget about it, they don't stand a chance against him, let Luffy take care of this. And everyone should realise the game is ricked, you can't win, Doflamingo is going to win either way.

Zoro if Picca I am looking forward to that, but is looks like it is over, Zoro just one shotted him. I know Zoro is going to win, but come on Picca show me something.
Jul 23, 2014 5:47 AM

Mar 2012
Fuck Zoro, how much badass can you get?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jul 23, 2014 6:03 AM

Aug 2012
5 for Zoro-kun, making it worth the time, as usual

If Pica would've been able to do something to Zoro, I would be a lil' bit disappointed

I'm not expecting much from the Flag-guy either, depending on his opponent (which is probably Kyros trying to avenge his wife, yeah Dofla Family gl with that)

also, dat last panel, dat face
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Jul 23, 2014 6:10 AM

May 2013
That drawing of a bird lol. Zoro's got this in the bag.
Jul 23, 2014 6:14 AM

Aug 2012
Minagatachi said:
Fiction said:

Because he's the righthand man of a Shichibukai? Honestly, I would expect someone as revered as Doffy to pick his underlings better, especially when he is one of the three top executives of his crew.

you're not following it well, the right hand man was Vergo, who was pushing Sanji back and was only defeated by Law. Pica is a top executive along with Trebol and Diamante, and he's not even a swordsman nor he has a power that can do anything against Zoro who can cut through stone...well, since forever. It's only logical it would turn out like this, since he's not even a logia, thus not worth even putting up a haki armament for Zoro. Pica would still stomp most of the guys on the Plateau (not all mind you, there're still haki users who rank way above him), but in the end the only STRONG person here along with the admiral that is an opposing force is Doflamingo. Also, zoro has a mass aoe ability that's also a skill shot that can pierce half an island probably, you shouldn't feel bad about this fight. You should consider it as " you not following the storyline to its logical conclusions, and wanting it your way, instead of the One Piece way "

/epic music
jorosembai
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Jul 23, 2014 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
Well we finally see kanjuro which really was the only progression we made, now as to what role he will play from here on is unknown but I hope he does something cause at this point we spent way too many chapters looking for him and there are way to many characters in this arc. I'm assuming pica isn't done yet cause it would be way anticlimactic for someone whose suppose to be the top executive, then again what little glimpses of this fight we got so far weren't particularly exciting, rest of the chapter was nothing more than pointless dialogues and more dragging from oda.
Jul 23, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2012
Mostly just more of the same, besides the Zoro and Kanjiro stuff.

I can't wait until they actually get to donflamingo, we actually get law's flashback, and we get to see some more of Sabo vs Fujitora..
Jul 23, 2014 6:48 AM

Nov 2013
SetsukoHara said:
The 5 previous were dragged, but this one, this is good old One Piece.

Yep. At least one person said it.

The problem doesn't come from this chapter but from the many previous ones where nothing at all happened and where we got tons of pages of weakling talking. Here we get 4 pages of nothingness but at least the rest of the chapter is really good.
Jul 23, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
A bit slow but good chapter. It had some progression (kanjuro, zoro vs pica) and as usual, Zoro stole the spotlight with his 1080 pound canon.

Aside from that, I'm really hoping we get to see Sabo vs Fuji, Law's flashback, the other straw hats, the Tontattas, big mom, and who/where is the dwarves' princess Manshelly.

Also, what's up with these giant toys??
Jul 23, 2014 7:19 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like zoro just reached youtube HD level
Jul 23, 2014 7:21 AM
Jul 2013
NenuserZodiac said:

He might be dragging some things in this arc, but dragging the series is something much different.
Some stories need to be told in a big format, and One Piece happens to be one of those series.Yeah who knows, it might become new pokemon, I seriously doubt that Oda doesn't have any plans for One Piece :D
And no, Kishi is ending Naruto, but it's faaaaaaar from good, from quailty Naruto used to bring

Moving on to the chapter, this was good.
Seriously, I really laughed on the panel with Kanjuro demonstrating his powers, and when Cavendish, Law, Kyros and Luffy were talking. Cavendish did a great speech, and he is right about one thing, the tournament was a big mistake for Doflamingo.

And Zoro in HQ resolution, this is what I want to see with every straw hat memeber, and yet, since the timeskip, only few of them were showing some development, new powers.

Oda don't waste anymore time and go for a kill!
Jul 23, 2014 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
Goddamn Zoro, too OP!
Jul 23, 2014 7:58 AM

Sep 2011
Haha Bart is hilarious as usual.

Zoro seems to finally want to get serious with an opponent, since the time-skip he hasn't had a serious fight. I highly doubt Pica is down from just one hit, it's obvious that the real battle begins now. Pica just wasn't taking Zoro seriously, he thought he could hold him back and protect Doffy at the same time. Now he knows he needs to put his all into stopping Zoro.

Luffy is 30?

Kanjuro......well let's just say he's really underwhelming. The character design is fugly as hell, and his power is interesting (same thing as Sai from Naruto) but it's just used as comic relief.
FullmetalRaikouJul 23, 2014 8:01 AM
Jul 23, 2014 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
Definately a better chapter than last week, but the pacing is still way too slow and constant switching around locations is just getting annoying.
Jul 23, 2014 8:25 AM

Jul 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
kanjuro......well let's just say he's really underwhelming. The character design is fugly as hell, and his power is interesting (same thing as Sai from Naruto) but it's just used as comic relief.

Hahaha when I saw his character I was like Wtf Is up with that hair

And yep the pacing is really bad in the latest chapters due to oda basically focusing on those colosium fighters and luffy talking about how they are going to be the ones to kick doffys ass instead of showing something else besides that - it was fine for one chapter but it is really unnecessary right now as it means we are not getting any progression in the story.

But overall I thought this chapter was okay but, nothing special tbh however, I know it will get better from now on
visual-spectrumJul 23, 2014 8:39 AM

Jul 23, 2014 9:23 AM

Aug 2012
Where are you guys reading this?
I cant find this weeks HXH and One Piece.
Jul 23, 2014 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Westuffyme said:
He might be dragging some things in this arc, but dragging the series is something much different.
Yeah. It's honestly not much different from the pacing pre-timeskip. I bet people would still find it pretty slow if they had to read anything after east blue in a weekly format. I re-read most of Dressrosa a few months ago and it didn't feel any slower than most other arcs when you marathon them. If he started milking the series it was at the Baroque Works saga rather than the latest arcs.
removed-userJul 23, 2014 9:38 AM
Jul 23, 2014 9:28 AM
Jul 2014
I have the feeling next chapters are going to be way better, but I gotta give it to this one, I laughed my ass off at the conversation about how many years of payback the group had against Dofla and Zoro's finally getting a fight worth his time, 1080 Pound Cannon for the win. Kanjuro has an ability ripped straight out of Shippuden, only with bad drawings.
Jul 23, 2014 9:41 AM

Mar 2011
Zoro too strong ^_^ Bartolomeo at the end was so funny as well, haha.
Jul 23, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
@writtenonclouds
I read the chapter on mangastream

Jul 23, 2014 11:13 AM

Sep 2013
The pace is good again, I don't what people are talking about, last week was the one with the horrible pacing :)

Barto personifies all the Zoro fanboys XD
Oh and Zoro>>Fujitora ;)

Fiction said:
Minagatachi said:

Not the big ones. Besides, if I know the result of the fight...I prefer them to end fast.
And if they struggle now, what about facing Kaido and Big mam?

Remember that Luffy was beating Marineford Vice Admirals while he was saving Ace and now he's trained for two years with Rayleigh, he must be admiral level already.
Jul 23, 2014 11:37 AM

Feb 2014
Zoro upgrade his tech to 1080p youtube HD quality, huh. lol.
That was awesome.

The pace started to get quick in this chapter, hopefully Oda can keep the pace at least like this.

Barto trolling like usual. I thin he was so impressed by Zoro's skill that it makes him wets his pants.
Jul 23, 2014 11:41 AM

Mar 2014
Manga was slow in the beginning. But what a second half!!! And what an ending.
Zoro is a Badass as always!!
And those who are saying that the top executive is an overhyped weakling look who he is fighting!!
Wonder what will happen on the third floor!
Jul 23, 2014 11:48 AM
Jun 2014
NenuserZodiac said:

I agree that OP is starting to drag on but naruto hasn't been good since the attack of pain arc
Jul 23, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
I know Oda's been out of ideas for.... Since ever. But taking abilities from Naruto is something else.

That's 8 chapters where nothing at all happens. And when something did happen last time, it was awful. This arc should just end. Sad to see my second favorite villain's arc to be another formulaic piece of...

jberts77 said:
NenuserZodiac said:

I agree that OP is starting to drag on but naruto hasn't been good since the attack of pain arc

That's not a very good frame of reference.
Jul 23, 2014 12:35 PM

Oct 2013
Zoro is a total badass like always.

5/5
Jul 23, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2012
Finally great chapter.. Zoro is just toying Pica badass as always.
that Kanjuro though I thought its Cesar..
PS. That 1080p cannon :D
Dark_MessiahJul 23, 2014 12:46 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

29 by FMmatron »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

17 by UnstableBrat »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 27, 2023

58 by Xpection »»
Yesterday, 1:27 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 403 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

11 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 3:29 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 401 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

10 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 1:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.